Chapter 35

Back with another chapter. Hope you like.

Moving on...💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

Chapter 35 - Secrets

Riya and the man kept looking at each other in shock, neither expecting the other.

Finally Riya fiund her voice first. "Vi-Vivek? Vivek!?"

Vivek swallowed and nodded slowly. "Hello, Riya."

"Vivek you..."

"Yes, Riya?"

Riya could not believe what she was seeing. She could see a creepy mask and a knife near the basin behind him. "Vi-Vivek..."

Vivek rolled his eyes "Ri-Riya?" He crossed his arms."Yes, Vivek is my name. Are we going to do this the entire night?"

 Are we going to do this the entire night?"

"But what is all this!?"

"I came to scare Ricky, alright? He wouldn't admit the truth. So I thought I would scare him enough so that he admits the truth. If I'd known Masi was already arrested, I need not go through so much trouble." he snarled.

"I don't believe its just that." Riya narrowed her eye an at him. "You never looked this shady."

"Eh?"

She looked at him in suspicion. "You act all goody-two-shoes, like a nice guy who can't even harm an ant! Yet, here you are scaring off Ricky? And that too pretty badly. The guy was shaking like a leaf when they arrested him!"

"Hahaha..Yea, I'm awesome like that."

"It wasn't a compliment!" She came near and pointed a finger at him. "It looks like this isn't the first time you did something like this. This is another side you hide from everyone, isn't it?!"

"It's not that..." he tried to lie. However, his tiny voice only affirmed her doubts.

"Tell. Me. The. Truth. Now!" she shouted, exaggerating each and every word.

Vivek sighed. 'She's being so annoying!' he raised his hands in a peace motion. "Look Riya. I have to present my project for tomorrow's inter-college competition. I also have to recheck it once. On top of that, I need to make sure my lazy partner doesn't mess up tomorrow."

"Don't change the topic!"

"You need a good night's rest for tomorrow as well. You have to perform with Swara, no?"

"Yeah, but th-"

"So lets make a deal." Vivek put forward his hand. "I'll tell you everything after the Fest is over. In exchange, you'll leave the topic now and not tell this to anyone until I tell you everything. Deal?"