Chapter 10

Good morning 🌸

Moving on...💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

Chapter 10 - Thoughts

It had been four hours since the incident.

Four hours since they arrived at the medical wing.

Vivek was resting in the medical wing while Ragini sat beside him. He was out of danger, but had pain while breathing. He was put on sedative and that's why he had not woken up yet.

Ragini was waiting for him to wake up so that she could thank him and also apologize. She almost drowned both him and herself due to her panicking!

Soon, the entire college came to know of the incident. However, the rumour that was spread was that not only Ragini and Vivek, but Sanskar and Ansh also had almost drowned. They spread the news that it was the Maehswari brothers who fought and almost drowned all of them by accident. That was what gossipers did with nothing better to do.

Not long after the news spread, Saara had come rushing to her brother, followed by Karan. Ragini still remembers how Saara looked when she came near Ansh.

No matter what Swara said about Saara being arrogant and all, Ragini couldn't deny the fact that she truly cared deeply for her brother Ansh. Saara looked like her own life was on the line when she came to check on him. She looked like a scared child, afraid that her brother would leave her. It made her think of Saara's behaviour with Sanskar.

'She may act like she hates Sanskar, but I think she actually longs for him to become her brother again. She shows hatred to hide her fear and pain. She tries to insult him and keep him away, because she fears that if she gets attached, he will throw away her care, without a thought...again.' Ragini surmised. 'The way she tended to Ansh, it shows how afraid she was that Ansh would leave her too. She is just an insecure child at heart, who still doesn't know to choose between right and wrong.'

Thinking of Saara reminded Ragini of her own sister and Kriti. She recalled what happened two hours ago.

*flashback*

Ansh had just left with Saara. She was so worried and distressed about Ansh that he decided it would be best to take her outside, away from the congested room. Only Ragini and Karan were left in the room with Vivek.

Suddenly, the door burst open and Swara and Kriti rushed in. In an instant, Ragini was pulled into a tight hug by both of them.

They broke the hug and started speaking at the same time.

Ragini winced at the chaos they were creating, that too in the medical wing of theven academy. "Girls, girls! I can't understand anything. Speak a little slower, and one by one."

Both paused to take a breath. They looked at each other, wondering who's going to speak first. However, both started speaking together again.

Karan rolled his eyes and stood up. He went and held a hand over Kriti's mouth and let Swara speak first.

"Di, are you alright? I was so worried! Di, please tell me nothing serious happened! You didn't get any injury did you? How did you fall anyway? I always tell you to be careful, but you never listen! Why are you so careless!?"