Chapter 18

Back with an update. Hope ya like!

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Telephone conversations

Chapter 18 - Unexpected

The moment Ragini and Swara reached their house, they could hear the sound of laughter.

They entered their home to find their mother chatting with a man and a woman. Shramishtha got up and brought them near the guests.

"Ragini, Swara, this is my brother and your Mama, Sashi and that is his wife, Sumita."

Ragini and Swara said 'namaste' to them. Their Mami stood up and came to them. "You girls have grown up so quickly. The last time we came here, you were only 3 Ragini. And you were only a few months old Swara. I guess that's why you both couldn't recognize our faces. But I'm glad to hear that you both are close to my sons."

Swara suddenly remembered "Oh! So you both are the parents of our cousins that abandoned them for your business!" she grinned sarcastically. "No way can we forget such hypocrites."

Ragini quickly put a hand over Swara's mouth and gave a nervous laugh

Ragini quickly put a hand over Swara's mouth and gave a nervous laugh. "Ehehe...she has a tendency to joke a lot. Excuse us please." She dragged Swara to her room.

"What is wrong with you? How could you say such a thing to their faces?"

"Its not like I was wrong Di. Didn't Samay and Nikhil say that their parents never cared for them? They always gave more importance to work. That's why Samay and Nikhil left America and came to work in India, away from them. Besides, they never mention about their parents, neither have we ever seen their parents call them."

"Yes. I kind of find that a bit odd. No matter what, a parent would never abandon their children like that." She glared at Swara "But that doesn't mean that you would insult them like that Swara. Now, you will go apologize to them."

"What!?"

"NOW!"

"Fine fine."

Ragini looked at the clock. It was 1pm already. "Shit! I need to go get ready. I promised Ansh that I would take him to my favourite cafe."

"Oho Di. Is it a date?" Swara wriggled her eyebrows at Ragini.

Ragini rolled her eyes. "Its nothing like that. I just want to thank him for something."

"That's how love blossoms di."

Ragini just threw a pillow at her.

#Mount College#

Prasanth had dragged both Samay and Nikhil with him. However, he was interrupted by some new teacher named Akash. He was informing Akash of the rules of the college, when the two escaped to who knows where. He tried searching for them, but gave up eventually.