Chapter 38

Hi ya. Hope you like the chapter. Good night! 🌹

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes.' - Thoughts

Chapter 38 - Confession

"Ragini!" shouting her name, he grabbed her and they both fell down on the ground.

Ragini opened her eyes to see what happened and gasped. Sanskar's shoulder was bleeding from a gunshot. "Sh-Sanskar!"

"Stupid girl! Why can't you ever listen to what I say?! You could have been hit if I didn't move you!"

Sanskar slowly got up with Ragini's help. He saw some men around the corner and his eyes widened. "Shit!"

He grabbed her hand and started running. After some time, they were able to lose those men and reach the main street. They hid in an alleyway.

"Sanskar, your shoulder's getting worse. We need to take you to a hospital."

"No. Not now. They might find us. Let some time pass. Besides, the bullet just grazed me. Its not that bad."

Ragini got up looking pissed. "Enough is enough Sanskar. Tell me the truth, now! If you don't love me, if you dont even think of me as a friend, then why did you save me!?"

"Hey, I'm a hero. Heroes do that in their free time. You know, all that saving a damsel in distress thing." He joked. 😆

However, Ragini continued glaring at him. Suddenly, she smirked. "So you don't care for me at all, right?"

"Nope. Absolutely not. No, nada, nande, nyet and no in any other language there exists."

"Fine then." She got away from the alley and into the open. "Hey! Whoever you are! Come and shoot me! I'm right here! 90 pound girl here! All flesh and meat and ready to be shot! Come on shoot me if you're a man! Come on bastard!"

Sanskar looked on with wide eyes and open mouth. Abruptly, he got up and tried to pull her into the alley. "What at you doing!? Come hide. Are you crazy or something!?" 😲

Ragini pushed him away. "Shut up and go hide. Its my life and I can do what I want with it! Let him shoot me!" She started screaming again.

"You can't die now! Now come hide!"

"I will if I want to. Leave me!"

"Stupid girl! Shut up and hide. You can't die. I won't let you die. Not until I'm alive!"

"Why!?"

"Because I love you!"

Ragini's frustrated face at once turned into a happy grin. On seeing the change in her, Sanskar at first looks confused.

However, he soon realized what he just said and looked on in horror at Ragini's smiling face.

Ragini grabbed him and dragged him back towards the alley. "Finally you admitted. Ohhhh I'm so happy. I love you too!" she cheerfully admitted.

"No I...I..." Sanskar left her hand and shook his head. "This is wrong."

"If love is a crime, than I'm happy to be a criminal." Ragini said with a wink. "Ahahaha...! That was so bad. I'm surprised I said that!"

"No... No no no. This can't be. We can't be together!"

"What...what do you mean?" she looked confused and hurt. "You said you love me. Let's be together."

"I won't let us be together!"

"By why Sanskar!?"

"Because I know my brother loves you." Sanskar admitted with pained eyes. "I...I can't do this to him. Please Ragini, don't break his heart."