Falling for my boss ✔️

By Saaraaaxy

bubbly person A x stern person B ship 10k on 13/7/2019!! ♡♡♡ Sara Atkins just wants to start anew. No Noah an... More

Prologue - The Interview
The cast
Chapter 1 - Meeting the boss
Chapter 2 - Advances
Chapter 3 - Mr. Beaumont's past
Chapter 4 - Cheating husband
Chapter 5 - Lunch with my boss
Chapter 6 - I'm attracted to you
Chapter 7 - It's never enough
Chapter 8 - The Devils
Chapter 9 - Please give me a chance
Chapter 10 - Worth it
Chapter 11 - Family's opinion
Chapter 12 - The morning after
Chapter 13 - How could you do this to me?
Chapter 14 - Heartbreak
Chapter 15 - Bleeding heart
Chapter 16 - Death anniversary
Chapter 17 - Fighting spirit
Chapter 18 - Game plan
Chapter 19 - I miss you
Chapter 20 - Forgiveness
Chapter 21 - Reunion
Chapter 22 - His ex-wife
Chapter 23 - Divorced?
Chapter 24 - The first date
Chapter 25 - I'm crazy for doing this
Chapter 26 - Birthday surprise
Chapter 27 - Famous couple
Chapter 28 - A falling out
Chapter 29 - Double date trouble
Chapter 30 - My little boy
Chapter 31 - Mentally damaged
Chapter 32 - Home sweet home?
Chapter 33 - Don't you dare
Chapter 34 - Stay in your lane
Chapter 35 - Our future
Chapter 36 - Revelation
Chapter 37 - Ambushed
Chapter 38 -Bienvenue à la maison!
Chapter 39 - Michael's home
Chapter 40 - Watching your every step
Chapter 41 - They know everything
Chapter 42 - A baby?
Chapter 43 - Ups and downs
Chapter 44 - Loving vacation
Chapter 45 - Opening up
Chapter 46 - Our big day
Chapter 47 - Family
Chapter 48 - Approval
Chapter 49 - I'm home!
Chapter 50 - Cuddled up
Chapter 51 - I desire you
Chapter 52 - May I ask for her hand?
Chapter 53 - The culprit
Chapter 54 - Will you ... ?
Chapter 55 - Hide!
Chapter 56 - Did you bug me?
Chapter 57 - Big events
Chapter 58 - Time to go home
Chapter 59 - Sexual discoveries
Chapter 60 - What a first day
Chapter 61 - House viewing
Chapter 62 - And here's why
Chapter 63 - Let me clear your head
Chapter 65 - Let's settle this in court
Chapter 66 - First-degree attempted murder
Chapter 67 - Celebrating
Chapter 68 - Moving time
Chapter 69 - Wedding preparations
Chapter 70 - Therapy session
Chapter 71 - I deserve happiness
Chapter 72 - Darkness
Chapter 73 - Empty
Chapter 74 - Why would you do that?
Chapter 75 - Adrenaline
Chapter 76 - Coma
Chapter 77 - Slow recovery
Chapter 78 - A moment of happiness
Chapter 79 - Soon married
Epilogue - The wedding
Afterword
NEW BOOK
Extra chapter - The Beaumont's
Sequel is live!!!

Chapter 64 - Our perfect home

1.3K 50 0
By Saaraaaxy

Sara's POV

Several days later

(all pictures belong to SmartMLS, Inc. 2019)

It was Friday the 12th, a week after we had first started the house viewing, and by now this was the 35th house we had looked at. On the weekends we had taken our time to look at nearly 10 houses from morning until evening.

Today was the last day Mrs Ruth had time for us. The next available appointment she had with us would be in a months time.

I was anxious.

We were on a time limit. We had a court date ahead of us. I was sore from my piercings. If we found a house, we needed to move. Soon we had to sit down and discuss the details for the wedding as well.

None of the houses we had seen had spoken to us. There had been one, but it had too little bedrooms and too many bathrooms, exactly what we didn't need. Only the ground floors had big windows, while the top floors had only two small windows. If we had to refurnish the space, then we wanted the layout to be alright at least.

We had not much time to supervise any construction, and getting furniture was something that we could do on our own without any help.

Michael came over to me in the master bathroom and brushed my back up and down with his fingers. He was sensing I was nervous and pressed a feather light kiss onto my shoulder.

Our court date was still moving around because Veronique just wouldn't settle on a date, but she had narrowed it down to either Monday or Wednesday next week, finally. Eleanor had started bombarding us with emails that we just forwarded to Lucas as evidence.

They were strange. Sometimes they were just a word. Sad. Disappointed. Angry. Jealous.

Sometimes she wrote paragraphs of text that didn't seem to end. Occasionally they were poems, and at times, they seemed like diary entries.

Also, she asked me weird things. How I kissed Michael, if I crushed my lips against his, how I felt to him, if I was his vessel, if I would turn into a birthing machine, if I shivered when he loved me , what did I have that she didn't have?

It had left me puzzled as I had read those lines and questions - to my luck, my fiance was close and spotted my confused expression. He rounded the table and read the email.

After Michael caught me reading that specific email, he forbade me from ever doing so again. He made sure to forward the emails before I could and I had to promise him I wouldn't open her messages if one came in.

"For your own sanity", he had told me after I had asked why. "I don't want you to read them. I want you to concentrate on the more important things. The house, your healing process, the wedding - I don't want her to leave a bitter taste in your mouth."

"I told you I wouldn't leave you", I firmly stated.

"And for our relationship's sake I ask you to not read them", he squeezed my hand and waited until I promised I wouldn't. "Let me worry about her."

"But you ..."

"I know I still worry about Basti and my father, but it's alright. She's my ex and not yours." Michael assured me. "I found some closure after I reread the letters, knowing you were there for me."

"When did you read them?", I asked. We had visited his grave, mourned silently and had quickly left again, but other than that, we hadn't mentioned Basti once.

"While you were asleep. The way Leon talked to me and you ... it helped me process things a bit", Michael told me. "For one, the nightmares stopped."

I got up to hug him. He really hadn't had them since we had returned from Gordes.

"Oh Michael!"

"I still think about him. I still mourn for him. But at least I know he's resting and that I fulfilled my promises to him", he hugged me back. With a shaky breath he said: "I had done everything I could."

"And you weren't to blame for his death", I pressed.

"I really wasn't?", Michael mumbled unsure.

"You weren't and he knows that. Everybody knows that."

Michael didn't protest. I nearly cried in relief.

We were finally moving forward.

Finally there was a glint of hope for his well-being.

"Still sore?", Michael's voice brought me back to the present.

I snapped out of my trance and nodded. The piercings were still quite sensitive.

Michael had turned out to be quite patient when it came to my piercings. He had chosen them and asked for my approval. Rose-gold coloured, my favourite colour, for all three piercings. Up top he eyed the simple nipple barbells, which were vertically pierced, and for down there, a ring with a stone on it.

The grin he bore afterwards as he checked them out was almost picture worthy. But then his face grew worried. "That's ... quite red and swollen." He sounded unsure and moved up to my face to see if I was alright.

"It needs a few weeks to heal", the piercing lady told us. Her nickname was Candy and she had first pierced me all those years ago, but I had come by often to choose different styles from her shop, so she had remembered me fairly well. Candy had gotten that name for her cotton candy dyed hair. "I would say at least two weeks no sex, but even then I would check with the doc to see if she's clear."

"Can I do anything to ease the pain?", Michael sounded frantic while I got myself dressed. No protests from his side, which was reassuring.

Candy turned to me, rolling her brown eyes. "It's always the male partners who worry more about the piercings. Sure, she'll be sore for a bit and quite sensitive too, but nothing for you to worry your head off."

Michael still took that as hands off from anywhere near that. And he held that claim religiously.

His hand brushed up and down my back, as if I was made out of glass.

"If you are this worried now, I can't imagine you during birth", I told him honestly. I nudged him. "Will you be even able to touch me once we have the green light?"

"I hope so", Michael avoided my chest area, anywhere near belt line even my butt, as if that hurt me and brushed my cheeks. "You didn't let out a peep."

"I have a good tolerance when it comes to pain."

Michael nodded. He knew from the time I had been beaten up, I hadn't complained much that time.

"Enough about the piercings - what do you think of this house?", he inquired to know.

"It's ... better", I stated, looking around. "Though the tiles are hideous."

The past few houses that had stuck out to me were only a handful. One had been priced at 1.5 Million $, was stylish and bright.  The house had been modern looking with an open floor plan, just like we had wished, and had been located in a private setting that overlooked the Rippowam River. Most of the rooms had been updated, and the house had offered a screen porch and deck too. The 20 feat window and cathedral ceiling had been a dream - but sadly the house had only enough space for the two of us and didn't provide for the future we had in mind.

This house was 'a stunning in-town colonial with many architectural details, and fine finishes, arched door openings with exquisite moldings and custom features. Designed with elegance and wonderful flow for entertaining, spacious dining room which opens to a warm inviting living room. Sun drenched chef kitchen features high-end appliances and oversized island. Kitchen opens to the family room with coffered ceiling, stone fireplace and custom built-ins. French Doors off family room lead to a private yard and stone patio with sitting wall and built-in', as the website stated.

"The rooms are narrow", Michael pointed out. For a man his size the rooms really looked small compared to his height.

"But - the last few houses were almost spot on what we wanted", I sighed happily. "It's getting warmer. I like it, but the feeling isn't quite there."

"I agree", Michael carefully brushed his arm around me, his hand moving in a controlled way.

"Can you stop that already?", I rolled my eyes amused. Ever since Saturday he had done everything carefully around me and had tried to help me with the pain by reading things up in the internet. He was a sweetheart and I made sure he knew it.

"I'm scared I'll accidentally brush them and hurt you!", he defended himself.

"I'm sore nothing more! It doesn't hurt anymore", I took his hand and looked out for Mrs Ruth. As I lead his hand to my chest, he was looking highly reluctant to that idea.

I let go and squeezed my own breasts, looking him square in the eye. "See cutie?"

"I have more strength honey", Michael stressed nervously.

I hugged him, something he had also avoided as if I would shatter any moment, pressing myself fully against him.

Michael froze and stared into my face scared.

As I didn't let out a scream, nor winced in pain, he relaxed slightly. I raised a brow to prove my point. "Can you now behave like normal again?"

"It really doesn't hurt anymore?"

"I'm just more sensitive", I nodded. "Now come on, I missed your hugs."

Michael granted me one, albeit still a bit careful.

The next house was a bummer. It looked old outside while the house inside bore modern room, then all of a sudden full-wooden rooms. The wood beams as accents weren't our thing either.

It was a quick hard pass for the both of us after we had been inside for just 10 minutes.

Michael and I had quickly come to the realization that we had only liked the feeling farmhouses gave, but not its looks. We were more into modern houses. Mrs Ruth wasted no second to shush us out and lead us to another house.

All the colonial houses flopped with us.

But one.

Then it finally came.

House number 40.

38 W Hills Rd.

From the get go I liked it. It reminded me of Gordes and my home in Bosnia. My heart immediately warmed up as I saw the long stone fence with the small white fence that led us inside the vast garden. It was a long walk up to the house, but Michael mused how we could pave the way to the house and build a driveway too.

It was quiet, peaceful, warm, inviting. Like a home. Like my home.

Our steps were eager to reach the white house with the light beige roof.

"This is a classic", Mrs Ruth said as we approached the door. "6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms. The price is at $1,795,000. The best I can describe it as is colonial with a farmhouse feel. As you noticed the front is quite large, giving it a park-like setting. It's also conveniently located a few minutes from town and the train station. Commuting from your work to home is no task."

White pillars stretched out across the whole ground level of the front of the house, evenly separated with big gaps between them, 3 on each side. The door was a dark brown colour that was a nice shade for once.

And as we entered, I almost blurted out "This is it! This is our house!"

Big and inviting was this house's theme it seemed.

Michael was also more open suddenly as we gazed around the inside.

"We are on a quiet private cul-de -sac surrounded by gracious stone walls with an expansive blue stone terrace, outdoor fireplace and an extensive landscaping that includes specimen plantings." Mrs Ruth spoke, reading it off the house description. We had told her she needn't study the descriptions by heart and could just read it to us. This expanded almost 5000 square foot customized Colonial sits on 2.06 flat acres and will capture your senses with all the amenities this home has to offer. The interior has been completely updated throughout offering a welcoming approach to a fresh and inviting space."

"That it has", I swooned, staring around the vast space of the entrance and the harmonic feel of it all.

Big windows everywhere. White walls, just as we liked, light wooden floors as we preferred. It was open, inviting, bright, not too big and not too small.

They had chosen a grey, light beige, white, dark blue and golden colour scheme and I loved it. White chairs with golden legs. A glass table with golden legs. A dark blue carpet that leaned over to a greyish colour.

Big pictures in the same colour scheme filled the empty walls, but only on one wall. Perfect, it was perfect. It gave the almost empty rooms the touch they needed.

The rooms weren't overstuffed with furniture.

There weren't any sudden changes in the rooms. They all were white, light beige, bore tall windows and beautiful lights all throughout the rooms. There wasn't a sudden wooden room from floor to ceiling. It was all kept in the same style.

The kitchen was the only thing that needed some change as I didn't like the top of it, but the rest?

"The only bad thing are those counters and the dining table and chairs", Michael told me in a whisper as Mrs Ruth led us from room to room.

I eagerly nodded.

I was clutching his arm, that's how excited I was.

"The sunlight is abundant throughout every room. The gourmet kitchen features a Sub Zero , granite countertops and abundant amount of cabinetry while offering a warm gathering place centrally located in the heart of the home. The breakfast area continues to flow through to the spacious oversized family room which is enhanced by a large stone fireplace and wet bar which is great for entertaining guest. The master suite offers a large bedroom with a warm and inviting fireplace, sitting room , master bath and his and her walk-in closets. The additional bedrooms have well proportioned space all including their own baths. Additional features include a full house generator and lawn sprinkler system. This charming home is one you will definitely put on your list to see!", she read out loud, giving us a big smile. "Now that sounds like your dream house, doesn't it?" In the past week, she had learned our likes and dislikes quite well.

Mrs Ruth showed she was a good real estate agent and with each house we had looked at, it had more and more elements of what we preferred.

We both nodded with a big smile.

She left us alone as we strode the house hand in hand.

In every room, we stopped and scanned it from top to bottom, the both of us quiet. We took its beauty in, speechless in awe. Usually we separated, met, exchanged thoughts and repeated the same actions.

But in this house?

We found ourselves discussing our future. Stopping to muse at it. Sharing excited glances and giggling like teenagers.

"This room is perfect for our office", Michael mused with his trademark grin. "A big desk for the both of us and enough space for many shelves."

We pointed to the bedrooms. Michael liked that they were close to the master's bedroom and that he could keep an eye on the kids in the future.

I leaned my head onto his arm.

"Our babies have a little space here to play too ... A fireplace to keep them warm while we sit here and watch over them."

Michael beamed. "We can install a safety gate here and it's perfect."

We moved to the master's bedroom - and boy was it big!

It was so big that there was a large window seat, a sitting area with some chairs and a giant California king bed with the dreamiest of cushions and bedding!

"Even in this bed I'll still have my legs on yours", I laughed, cuddling against my fiance.

"Do you think I really mind?", Michael gave me his dimple-smile and a kiss that made me break out in goosebumps. His lips slowly, sensually moved against mine. The kiss was heartfelt and left me drunk for more.

"Let's check out the bathroom", Michael said and I nodded with closed eyes, still on cloud nine from the kiss.

He laughed and crushed his lips onto mine one last time, holding me close as we moved to the en-suite master bathroom.

Then I saw it - the walk in closet.

A walk in closet!?

"I've lost you at this point", Michael laughed as I danced around it, making 'oooh!' and 'aaah! sounds.

The bedrooms on the top floor were empty, all of them bearing the same tall windows that lit up the rooms beautifully.

We started imagining things. "A bed there", Michael pointed to a spot. "The desk over there."

"A rug and little play-station over there", I continued.

Our fingers intertwined on their own.

And that's how we went on for an hour, musing how we would decorate the bedrooms of our future children, all while I already imagined little blonde or brown haired girls running around, some kids playing outside, Michael overlooking them with love how he did with his nephew and niece - and that's when I turned to him.

I turned to him when it was time to leave and I felt sad we had to leave this house behind.

"I love this house", I told him. "It's perfect bebo."

Michael drew me into a big, big hug. "This is our home."

We let it dawn in on us.

I screamed happily and jumped into his arms. "Our house! Our future home!"

Michael picked me up and spun me in a circle, laughing too.

We kissed and hugged and kissed and hugged.

I had tears in my eyes and couldn't stop smiling.

"Mrs Ruth! We are buying this house!", Michael yelled down the stairs.

The elderly woman cheered and jumped with us in joy. "I'll start the paperwork immediately! Concerning the loan, how do you want to proceed?", she asked us.

"I'll pay it all off at once", Michael told her.

My eyes nearly fell out. He gave me a 'you know it isn't much for me, honey' look. I sometimes forgot he was a fucking Billionaire!

"Good, that certainly speeds things up. Still, going through the whole process and finalizing things, as well as cleaning and such will take about the most 50 days until you can move in."

"And the fastest?", I asked, still in my fiance's arms.

"Two weeks, if the board is fast", Mrs Ruth informed us. "Now, are you still up for a visit in my office or do you want to go home?"

"The faster we can have our house the better", Michael told her and we followed after her.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

(if you'd like to see the house, these are real houses btw, here's a link to it: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/38-W-Hills-Rd-New-Canaan-CT-06840/57325211_zpid/?mmlb=g,6 )

(the descriptions were sometimes taken from there bc I'm really bad when it comes to such descriptions. They belong to each zillow advertisment of the houses in New Canaan, so all rights go to them :D they have some beautiful houses there!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8M 250K 36
After surviving a tsunami together, art collector Genevieve and CEO Tristan face endless hurdles back home in the shape of vengeful exes and dark fam...
64.1K 1.4K 45
𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄, She had ambitions that soared beyond the cage of her upbringing. Her dreams were simple yet profound: to find true l...
17.6K 455 60
"I'm the most eligible bachelor of America I'm a billionaire and you're rejecting me" "YES" "Tell me what you want I'll give you anything" " Anything...
4.4M 155K 50
*BEING RE-WRITTEN* "I never once told you I broke the engagement," his words were harsh and spoken in a cold voice but his hand that was running up a...