BLOOD CURSE

Por AnaisC20

Vampyre and Pirate Captain. Lyria Blackwood was many things but she never expected to become the salvation of... Más

CAST
~ PROLOGUE ~
~ PART ONE ~
~ ONE ~
~ TWO ~
~ THREE ~
~ FOUR ~
~ FIVE ~
~ SIX ~
~ SEVEN ~
~ EIGHT ~
~ NINE ~
~ TEN ~
~ ELEVEN ~
~ TWELVE ~
~ THIRTEEN ~
~ FOURTEEN ~
~ FIFTEEN ~
~ SIXTEEN ~
~ SEVENTEEN ~
~ EIGHTEEN ~
~ NINTEEN ~
~ TWENTY ~
~ TWENTY ONE ~
~ TWENTY TWO ~
~ TWENTY THREE ~
~ TWENTY FIVE ~
~ TWENTY SIX ~
~ INTERMISSION ~
~ TWENTY SEVEN ~

~ TWENTY FOUR ~

59 4 29
Por AnaisC20

Four days remained until Lyria would have to say goodbye to her ship. All the hard work and dedication she had put into it showed as they glided effortlessly through the water. Four days until she would have to say goodbye to her family.
All the love and time she had put into binding them all together so that the ties would never break showed as they chatted and laughed with each other, hearts full of love and joy despite the darkness of their species.

Knowing her time with them was coming to an end, Lyria had spent her days sitting with them, talking to them, helping them with their chores. Anything if it meant she could spend as much time with them as possible.
The crew relished in having their Captain with them but their joy was short lived when they realised it was her way of saying goodbye to them.

Jonathan began flirting with her with far more charm than before, glad to coax some giggles out of her.
Lucille was amazed as Lyria showed her some techniques to ensure map making was easier and was always rushing around to show the Captain her developments.

Isabelle manned the helm with more ease as the Captain stood with her, telling her about all the places she had visited.

Elijah was grateful when the Captain got down on her hands and knees to help him scrub the deck, it reminded him of when she'd knelt beside him as he lay dying and offered to save his life.

James took every moment he could to pick her up and carry around the ship swung over his shoulder. It was almost easy to forget the task that lay ahead of them when the crew were this merry.

The only dark cloud seemed to be Caleb who dutifully carried out his chores, and then slunk back to his bunk belowdeck. He didn't join in when all the crew ate together and swapped stories. He didn't join in when card games were set up and sword fights put on. Lyria tried to ignore it but some small part of her missed his presence more than she had missed James.

Caleb had been her rock. He had kept her sane, listening to the worries and troubles she'd had. Now, she wasn't sure if he'd even be by her side when she faced Davy Jones.

The Mermaid's Revenge had been quiet, aside from Jordyn who hopped over every now and again, and Lucien had made no contact with Lyria. The bond remained empty.

________________________________

As the sun set on the third day, Lyria knew that day two would start tomorrow and she had never been more grateful to see an island on the horizon. The crew were beginning to grow glum as the days dwindled and they weren't any closer to breaking the curse. As the strip of sand came into eye view, the Vampyres on watch leaped up and began hooting with joy. Unfortunately, the island was still a day's sail away and then they would still have to find the chest, find the key.

She didn't voice any of this to the crew but she knew that they would figure it out soon enough. Some of them probably already had but didn't wish to acknowledge the truth of the situation. There wasn't enough time.

Stripping herself of her garments, Lyria snuggled under her covers and decided to get some rest. She would need as much strength as possible to face her crew and Lucien by the time the days came to an end.

________________________________

Day two had come and gone.

The Crimson Rose and The Mermaid's Revenge were anchored and everyone was settling down for dinner.
Sat in the crow's nest, Lyria stared up at the moon and its stars and smiled at the familiarity. No matter how much the world around her had changed, the constellations were constant. As a little girl she had always admired the stars and as a pirate, she had been taught how to navigate them. Falling asleep under the stars had been her favourite thing when she was alive, until her father had discovered what she was doing and punished her enough that she refused to even stay out too late.

"Do you think you will be able to see the stars from The Flying Dutchman?" Lucien asked, seating himself next to Lyria.

Over the past couple of days, his hair had grown up and was mussed, as if he had been running his fingers though it. His stubble had grown into a beard, and Lyria admitted he looked more ruggedly handsome. His sea blue eyes were dark and cloudly.

Lyria didn't know how to the answer the question but the silence didn't last between the two as Lucien spoke again.

"Do you wish to know what is truly twisted? I have missed you these last couple of days. I hadn't even realised that the bond between us was closed until I tried to communicate my apologies."

"You closed it." Lyria muttered, before relaxing slightly. "I have missed you too."

"I have been foolish. We only had limited time together and instead of spending it with you the way I truly wished to, I was pouting."

Lyria couldn't help the giggle that escaped her mouth and as the blond haired Captain joined in, the tension between the couple dissipated.
Pulling Lyria into his side, Lucien hugged her tightly and smiled when her short arms tried to wrap around his torso. This was how he should've spent her last ten days with her, stargazing in each other's arms.

"Lyria, I am unable to keep my feelings to myself any longer and so I must inform you that I have romantic feelings towards you. I will even go as far as to say that I am falling for you, deeply."

"Lucien."

"Yes?"

"Just kiss me."

Lucien happily complied.

Sliding his hands into her hair, he wound his fingers into the dark locks before gazing deeply into her hazel eyes. Flecks of gold erupted so suddenly in them that Lucien was taken aback by the true beauty of the eyes staring at him with so much affection. Leaning in slowly, he basked in the sweet smell apple mixed with the salty smell of the sea. Getting impatient, Lyria placed her hands on either cheek before pulling his face down to hers. Staring into his eyes, she watched the blue come alive in them before his eyes slid shut and she placed her lips on his. It was the sweetest kiss she had ever received and she could feel her heart bursting with love.

The bond between the two flung open so suddenly that they both pulled apart, gasping and clutching their chests.

Feeling what the other was feeling, the pair of them connected once again with new vigour as their lips clashed and their tongues battled for dominance. Lips moving down to her neck, Lucien sucked on her pulse point and smirked against her skin when she arched into him, soft sighs escaping her lips.

Pulling away from him, Lyria took Lucien by the hand before exiting the crow's nest and leading him to her room.
As the couple passed them, James and Jordyn smirked to each other at the messy state of their Captains. Watching as the door to Lyria's quarters closed, the pair pretended they didn't notice how their own hands and ended up clasped.

________________________________

"Are you sure you wish to do this?" Lucien whispered against Lyria's lips, their boots and shirts discarded.

"Yes, I am sure. I may not see you again so I wish to make the most of the time we have together."

Not wanting to hear more about their future, Lucien reclaimed Lyria's lips and let her shuffle his trousers down his thighs before kicking them off. Reaching down to remove Lyria's trousers, Lucien chuckled when he realised she had used her Vampyre speed to remove them herself.

Flipping the two over, Lyria pinned Lucien to the bed before pulling back to admire him.

"Are you sure you wish to do this? They say that once you go Vampyre, you can never go back." Lyria teased, hand moving to slide down Lucien's undergarments.

"I do not wish to have anyone else but you, my love."

Lucien flipped them back over and smiled as Lyria gazed up at him with warm, lust filled eyes.  Sliding into her, Lucien couldn't contain the moans that bubbled past his lips as the pair of them connected in such an intimate way that Lucien had only been with two women before. Lyria couldn't help that way Lucien's name rolled off her tongue as she felt his emotions pouring through the bond, heightening the experience.

"Bite me." Lucien panted, speed picking up.

"Only if you take some of my blood."

Stars formed in Lucien's eyes as he finished, feeling the bond between the two strengthen as the Lyria's blood passed through his system and her fangs were in his neck. Even if they didn't have a future, Lucien was sure that he would never be able to feel this deeply for anyone else. Lyria was the one for him.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

9 1 12
Jocelynn (Jack) Blackheart's world is shattered to pieces when her father dies. To add insult to injury, Jack finds that she has now been passed the...
19.1K 581 37
Arcane is the Colourless Dragon Warrior who doesn't particularly want to have anything to do with the prophecy that his blood was unfortunately tied...
911 90 27
My heart, which had been fluttering nervously in my chest, dropped to the soles of my feet. Familiar blue eyes met mine. In my dreams they were stee...