Preacher Man // ross lynch +...

Av DriverEra

"Can you help me get away from this life of sin?" / Ross Lynch is like any typical college-aged boy. He's onl... Mer

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
Stormie
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
The End
Epilogue

71

2K 38 5
Av DriverEra

The next few days flew by thankfully. Liv picked up an extra shift so I haven't really done much. The only places I allowed myself to go until today was work and school. I invested in pepper spray which is hanging on my keychain that I take with me everywhere.

I thankfully haven't heard anything from anyone regarding the incident. I worked with Max who immediately saw my bruise on my neck. He then proceed to comment on how as soon as he brought it up, he could see my pulse through my neck.

I've been afraid. I've been afraid to be anywhere because I don't want to be approached by his friends. But I understand I shouldn't live my life in fear.

That is why I bought the pepper spray and am heading out after my shift to look at dresses for my birthday tomorrow.

I walked through various stores, getting bored with shopping. I was anxious, but I was able to walk around. I mostly kept my hand directly on the outside of the pocket where my keys are while walking in the store. When I'm outside of the store, the keys are tight in my hand and I pay extra attention to everything around me.

I found a pair of heels to wear, but no dress during my excursion today.

I head back to my apartment around 8 to finish up homework. I even conquered my social anxiety of the day and went inside of a restaurant to order food to take home.

While eating, I work on the last of my homework until next weekend so I don't have to worry about any of it for this weekend.

My phone ringing breaks me out of my focus with my homework. I quickly finishing typing an answer then grab my phone to answer it and silence the loud noise and vibrations.

"Hi bub! Happy birthday!" Ross screams extremely loud.

I smile at his adorable expression, a little noisemaker now being put into his mouth. "Thank you, baby," I say, sliding my laptop off my lap and onto the bed.

"You're 21 now, finally," he says, putting the noisemaker down after blowing into it a few times. "What are you doing? You were ignoring my texts," he pouts.

I laugh and move my camera so it shows my laptop and textbooks. "Homework," I scrunch my nose up.

"Nerd," he teases.

Next thing I know, my bedroom door is flung open, the knob slamming into the wall. My already broken door frame definitely did not appreciate it at all. I jump and gasp at the sudden movement and noise.

"Happy birthday to you," my roommates come in with a cupcake and one single candle lit in the middle. They continue singing it and I flip the camera so Ross can see them. He quickly joins in on the song.

Liv snatches my phone out of my hand and turns it back on me. I am handed the cupcake and close my eyes to make a wish. I make one in my head then blow out the candle followed by their cheers.

"Isn't she just so cute? Even though she's a bitch because she wanted to sit home and do homework instead of going to a bar at midnight?" Liv asks Ross.

I roll my eyes and reach my hand out to take my phone. "Thank you for this and the little song. So precious," I smile.

"Well make sure you go to bed soon! We are going shopping in the morning to find you an outfit since you work all the time and were thoroughly unsuccessful alone tonight! Goodnight," Kayla says, squeezing my arm gently.

I nod. "I will, I will. Thank you again. Goodnight." I smile and watch as they walk out. I glance down to my phone once the door shuts.

"You do look so cute. I even see that you're wearing one of my shirts," he says, a smile on his face.

I feel my cheeks burning slightly. "I always wear your shirts. Especially to bed." I hop off the soft mattress and turn my camera around so it's facing the mirror that I'm standing in front of. "Always with fuzzy socks!"

I show him my panda socks. "I love it," he compliments. "You're going shopping in the morning?"

I nod. "Yeah. I don't have a good enough dress to the bar we are going to supposedly," I sigh and walk into the bathroom to get ready for bed.

Ross shrugs. "Wear whatever you want to wear, babe."

I nod. I begin my bedtime process and start to wash my face. "I will. I'll look around and see if I like anything. What's your morning looking like?"

"I think we start the drive over around five to the show. Otherwise it's probably fucking around and rehearsing a bit at home," he replies. "Why?"

"I might send you some pictures of what I'm trying on. I like getting your opinion," I smile and now start to brush my teeth.

Ross yawns, his hand reaching up to rub his eyes. He's sitting in his dark room about to go to sleep as well. "Of course, babe. Send me them and I'll reply as quickly as I can."

I turn off my lights, kick my socks off and jump into bed. I plug my phone in and roll around to face him. "You look so tired," I say softly.

He looks exhausted. His eyes look drained and they have small bags under them. And he keeps constantly yawning.

"I am, I haven't gotten much sleep lately. I keep tossing and turning," Ross replies.

I frown. "We can hang up so you can-"

"No. I like falling asleep on the phone with you. Hearing your little breathing and seeing your cute face when I wake up randomly. Unless you roll over and knock your phone off the bed, so it makes a loud noise and scares the shit out of me," he smiles lazily.

I smile at him. "Sorry about that. I love you, goodnight," I can tell he's moments away from passing out completely whether or not he's in the middle of a sentence.

"I love you so much. Goodnight, birthday girl," he whispers and seconds later, he's asleep.

The next morning, my roommates woke me up with breakfast. After we ate, we headed to the stores immediately. We went to several shops and nothing is working. I tried tight sparkly dresses, looser dresses, plain dresses. Any and every kind of dress all the stores had, I tried.

"Try this one," Liv says, handing me a red slimming dress with part of the chest cut to add shape and dimension.

I sigh, sitting on the little bench inside of the dressing room in only my panties and bra. I am extremely over it. Trying stuff on simply irritates me so when I do it fifteen times over in different stores, everything starts to annoy me.

I stand up and take the dress from Liv's hands and slide it up. I turn around and Kayla zips it.

"Wow, hot!" Kayla says, staring at me from the mirror.

It illuminates my body, hugging each and every curve in the best way possible. It was the perfect length as well.

I love it.

"Is it too revealing?" I ask, referring to the slit near the top of my chest. The spaghetti straps are the perfect size on my shoulders.

They both shake their head. I take a picture and send it to Ross.

Liv speaks. "With black heels and you'd be perfect! How do you feel?"

"I like it, I think it's really pretty," I smile and reach for my phone once I see it light up.

Ross: I love this one best! Wish I could just rip it off though ;)

I roll my eyes. "What did he say?" Kayla asks, watching my expressions.

Liv is on her phone so she's paying no attention at all. I hand my phone to Kayla and she laughs at his text as I pull off my dress. I place it back on the hanger then get dressed again.

As we all head out of the dressing room, we go straight back to the register. I hand the dress to the cashier then Liv quickly swipes her card before I have a chance to even get mine out.

With no hesitation, I turn to her. "What the fuck?" I ask, not caring who is around with my vulgar language. "Why would you do that?"

It's a $78 dress! I would never pay this much for a dress, but we are in a fancy store and I love it so much. Also, I may or may not be too annoyed to try any other dress on.

"Ross asked me how much the dress cost then sent me the money since you don't have the Venmo app," she smiles, taking the receipt from the cashier. "Thank you!"

I immediately dig out my phone from my purse and click his Facetime. "Babe," I whine as soon as he answers.

"Hi bub," he says, smiling.

I pout as I follow the girls to the parking lot where the car was. "Why'd you do that?"

"Because you looked hot," he replies with a shrug.

I don't change my expression at all. "Thank you, baby. I appreciate it a lot. You didn't have to do that at all," I whisper.

"Of course. Send me pictures when you're all done up and ready to go out. Please be careful tonight," he says. "Please, please, please be careful."

I nod. "I will. I love you and miss you so much," I say as I climb into the car.

Ross smiles. "I love you and miss you more. Bye babe," he says then I click the little red button.

Kayla talks from the front seat. "I'm glad he treats you so well," she says, starting her car.

I nod. "Too good to me."

Once we get home, I walk inside of the apartment with the dress in hand. Halfway through getting ready, someone knocks on the door. I am dressed in only a t-shirt and shorts, so I sprint over to quickly answer to figure out who it is

"Hayley Atkins?" A man asked with a huge bouquet of roses and sunflowers in his hand.

I smile. "Hi, yeah."

"Here you go," he smiles and hands me it then walks back down the hallway. I thank him then close the door.

I'm already almost crying. I place them down onto the kitchen table and pull out the card.

Happy 21st birthday, my love. You're the best thing to ever happen to me and I don't know where I would be without you. I can't wait to make many more memories with you. Enjoy your birthday – you deserve it more than anyone in the entire world. I love you and miss you bub x Ross.

I quickly call him and it shortly goes to voicemail so I leave him one, thanking him for the flowers. Like I said, he's way too good to me.

I start to get ready. I loosely curl my hair and do a nude eyeshadow with typical makeup. Max is coming and meeting us here with one of his friends. I don't really know who he is, but it should be fun regardless.

It's 7 PM and I'm finally ready. Somehow the stars aligned and my makeup came out perfectly. I didn't have to redo my mascara three times because it was too clumpy or short. I managed to get my dress on and not get any deodorant anywhere on it. The shoes fit snug as well. The night is going perfect so far.

Max texts me letting me know he was here so I walk toward the front door. I open it and smile to be greeted by not one, but two familiar faces.

"Holy shit. I didn't know that you were the Hayley he was talking about. How are you? I haven't seen you in months. Happy birthday," Ellington says, reaching out to hug me.

I wrap my arms around him. "Hey! I am so surprised to see you. I've been great, thank you! Yourself?"

This is fucking nuts. What are the odds that Ellington is Max's friend?

"Good! I just finished up my finance degree," he says, very proud of himself.

I smile. "Congrats!" I reach over to Max and hug him. "Hi, I'm so glad you were able to come."

"You look great! Happy birthday," he says, hugging me tight against him.

They're both wearing nice button up shirts and jeans. "Thank you," I say and lean back. He shoves a handle of Fireball into my hand.

"I don't know the alcohol you like so I figured this was an alright choice," he laughs.

I smile. "Let's take a shot!"

Fifteen minutes later, we were all piled into an Uber and headed to the bar. As we are all talking, I'm still managing to text Ross.

Hayley: (attachment) Ready! Max got here and guess who his friend is? ELLINGTON.

As requested, I sent him a picture of myself in the mirror right before I left. He texts back rather quickly.

Ross: Damnnn baby, you look so beautiful. And that's absolutely crazy. At least it really won't be awkward since everyone kind of knows him. Tell him I say what's up, I haven't talked to him in a while.

Hayley: Thank youuu! And I know. Small world. We're pulling up to the bar so I'll periodically text you and maybe drunk call you to tell you how much I miss you xxx

We all file out of the car and we got here early enough where the cover charge isn't too wild and the line isn't nuts. The music is blasting as soon as we step inside.

The club is crowded and my anxiety already shoots through the roof.

Tonight is going to be a long night.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

43.6K 816 37
Reagan is a 5 year old girl who was abused by her father until she got rescued by the orphanage. She's been there for a year and no one's adopted her...
Him Av Hannah

Fanfiction

116K 3.8K 57
Hannah knows the Lynch's well, she has known them since she was little. Ross is in love with Hannah, but she wants nothing to do with him. She can o...
33.7K 921 17
Unknown: Ross, I swear to God. I will kill you. Where in the hell is my guitar!? You had it last! Mackenzie🦄:Um. . . this isn't Ross. ----- A simpl...
11.6K 177 23
Chloe and her mom have been living on their own ever since Chloe's dad had died in a car crash. They moved on but then Chloe meets Ross Lynch while w...