110

By the time I leave my therapists office an hour later, my cheeks seem to have a permanent rose tint and my eyes are puffy. It feels so good just to be so open to someone who listens without any sort of judgment. I can talk to her about my secret relationship knowing she won't run off and tell the paps. Therapy holds me together. She keeps me in check with my weight, but it's with such concern, I don't become offended if she asks if I ate or whatnot.

It just feels so nice.

It's dark by the time I leave and I take the short drive home, listening to some Lewis Capaldi to aid my sad feelings. One day to really just allow myself to be sad is okay. It's normal.

Once I walk inside of the apartment, I'm greeted by a big smile that shortly fades after seeing my appearance. "Hi, you feeling okay?" Liv asks.

I nod. "Yeah, I just look like shit. I'm starving though," I tell her. "Where'd you want to go?"

I can see that my hunger excites her because she automatically jumps up out of her seat. "I don't care at all! What're you craving? Italian, sushi, uh burgers? Anything?"

I hum. "I could go for some sushi. Is that good with you?" I ask, my voice trailing as I head into my room to put some concealer on my redness.

"Yes, absolutely. Want to leave in five minutes?"

I nod, yelling a yes then fixing up my makeup as she finishes getting ready. I look so tired. As much concealer as I can put on my under eyes, they still have a dark tint.

On the drive for dinner, Liv told me all about her crazy nurse stories from the week. I wish I could have the patience that she does. She doesn't mind the vomit or any human waste. I'm squeamish when it comes to blood. The experiences she goes through has her deemed as a saint in my eyes.

"How are you and Rocky?" I ask, picking up a piece of sushi with the chopsticks after dropping it twice.

She smiles at thought of him alone. "I love him so much. He's just so cute. I'm moving to LA when I'm finished here. Maybe a year? I don't know. I just need to be near him and I love you a lot, so it'd just work out so much better."

"Yeah, Rocky asking Ross for us to get a house to split with you two," I tell her, finally able to put my third piece of sushi into my mouth.

Her face lights up at the idea. "Oh my god, that would be so much fun! We wouldn't have to stop being roommates for so long!"

My mind flashes back to Rocky talking about it and Ross threatening to jump out of the window.

"Yeah, we'll definitely look into it," I smile.

As we are walking out of the restaurant, I quickly check my phone. I never like checking my phone while out to eat anywhere, I like to give everyone my undivided attention.

Ross: Hi baby, I miss you. Text me when you're home so we can talk about your day. Hope you're enjoying dinner x

I send him a quick text back.

Hayley: I miss you more. I'll call you when I get home x

Once we walked into the apartment, my eyes immediately shift toward the cracked door with a light on - a room that is hardly ever used nowadays.

I can see the confusion on Liv's face too. She closes the door behind us and the opposite door opens, a redhead appearing from inside of the room. She shuffles out and looks at the two of us before heading toward the kitchen.

"Hi, Liv," Kayla says, a mug in her hand.

I glance back to Liv then at Kayla again. "Hi, Kayla. Didn't expect to see you here," Liv responds, hanging up her car key.