LION AMONG WOLVES | GAME OF T...

By arios2004

In which Annalys Baratheon is arranged to marry Robb Stark and when her 'father' dies, she is forced to side... More

CAST
ACT ONE
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
ACT TWO
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
ACT THREE
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
ACT FOUR
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
ACT FIVE
44
45
46
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
ACT SIX
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
ACT SEVEN
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
ACT EIGHT
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
EPILOGUE
SPIN OFF BOOK

47

6.8K 287 84
By arios2004

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 47. The Reciprocation of Feelings

  That night, Jon slept in Annalys' bed while Annalys remained awake, finding herself unable to sleep after what she had witnessed and endured. She had cleaned herself of all the blood and patched up her cuts. She also changed out of her torn dress and changed into something else. She sat at her desk, eying the folded piece of paper in her hand. It had the Lannister sigil stamped on it and Annalys found herself fearful of what was inside. It came from a raven that arrived soon after the Wildlings defeated Alliser and his men.

She took a deep breath before finally ripping open the letter. She found it to be a letter from her mother, one that held anything but good news.

Dear Annalys,

I hope this finds you well. It took me a while to figure out your whereabouts, but I finally pieced it together. What better place for a princess to hide than a place where no women were allowed. I haven't written to you to demand your return. I've decided to let you be free for the time being.

I've written to you because I have some tragic news to share. I feared what would happen if you found out from the wrong person. I knew I wanted to be the one to tell you, before anyone else could. I sent Jaime to bring Myrcella back from Dorne after Ellaria Martell sent me a threat against your sister's life. He finally found her, but on the trip back to King's Landing, she was poisoned. Myrcella didn't survive. She's gone.

Kings Landing has gone to utter chaos with the New High Sparrow controlling the city. Your brother is struggling at ruler, without a doubt and I do not know how to help him. It's my fault, too. I wanted to get rid of Margaery by asking the High Sparrow for help.

I ended up being taken prisoner myself. They forced me to confess what I've done with Jaime and as punishment, they chopped off my hair and forced me to walk through the city naked.

When I've finally figured out how to deal with this mess, I hope you come back. I fear if you don't, the same that has happened to Myrcella will happen to you and I refuse to lose you, too. A Lannister living alone up North is dangerous and I hope you take care of yourself. I love you.

With love,
Your mother

Annalys quickly crumbled up the letter, finding herself near tears. Myrcella was gone? She hadn't seen the girl in five years, but that didn't make the pain any less unbearable. For years growing up, Myrcella looked up to Annalys. She wanted to be just like her. And now, look at her? Dead by poison that was given to her by the woman that once wanted to help her elder sister.

Tears streamed down Annalys' face as she silently cried. It seemed like everyone was dying around her since the moment she arrived at Winterfell. Ned Stark, Catelyn Stark, Bran, Robert, Talisa, Oberyn, Myrcella, Robb, everyone. She was even on the verge of losing Jon. Who was next? Tommen? Jaime? Her mother?

Annalys walked over to the fireplace, throwing the letter into the flames. She couldn't let anyone read the letter. They would expect she was up to something if she was receiving letters from Cersei, the person she was supposedly trying to avoid.

"Are you all right?" Jon suddenly spoke up, causing Annalys to turn to him with wide eyes. He was now sitting up, stab wounds on full display since he was shirtless and only wearing trousers.

"Yes, why wouldn't I be?" She quickly responded, placing a fake smile on her face as she wiped the tears.

"I heard you crying," Jon responded softly as Annalys walked over to him. She pulled up a stool, placing right in front of the bed before taking a seat, "Did something happen?"

"No," Annalys lied, shaking her head. She didn't want to tell Jon about Myrcella. She didn't want to cry any longer and she knew Jon would force her to talk about it. He always did, which she hated.

It was silent for a long moment as Jon's eyes scanned the cuts and bruises scattered across Annalys' face. He lifted his hand up, placing it on the side of her face. She winced slightly as his hand brushed across the large cut on the side of her face. He went to retract his hand, only to have Annalys grab onto his wrist, forcing him to keep his hand there, "This is my fault," Jon admitted softly, his voice just above a whisper, "All of this is my fault. They saw you because of me."

"That isn't your fault, Jon," Annalys argued, shaking her head in disagreement, "How were you supposed to know?"

"What did they do to you?" Jon asked, concern written all over his expression.

"Nothing I could handle," Annalys confessed, a soft smile on her face as she attempted to lighten up the mood, but failed miserably.

Annalys noticed the look Jon was giving her. He didn't believe her and it was clear he was waiting for the truth.

Annalys sighed in defeat before finally speaking up, "Every single room was locked in the courtyard. The only one that was open was the kitchen. They chased me into the kitchen and I tried to close the door before they came in, but they overpowered me. I fought them off for a while one of them was more than twice my size. He hit me so hard I fell to the ground. He ripped my dress open and was going to rape me," She explained and Jon had a distraught look on his face, tears welled in his eyes.

Tears began to fill Annalys' eyes as well. She never went into specifics when she told everyone else. She simply told them she fought them and won. But the wasn't the whole truth.

"Did he--" Jon began to say, having trouble forming the horrific words, "Did he--"

"No, no," She quickly responded, knowing that Jon was beginning to panic. She grabbed his hands, holding them in her own, "He didn't rape me. I stopped him before he could. I bit him, kicked him in the face, and then climbed on top of him. I stabbed him twice. Once in the chest and the second time in the throat."

"You always were a biter," Jon remarked, not even trying to be funny, but Annalys found herself laughing at how right he was.

"Tell me about it," She responded, playfully rolling her eyes, "Anways, after I killed him, I stood up and ran for the knives. I couldn't reach them and the closest object was the skillet. I hit the second man in the face with it. The two others were scared to fight me. One of them made a comment about me being a 'Lannister Whore' and claimed I couldn't take on two men at once," She paused, a small smile on her face, "In the end, I proved them wrong. You, as well."

"How, me?" Jon complained, clearly feeling offended.

"You claimed I wouldn't be able to defend myself without weapons if you weren't around," Annalys reminded him, "I'm pretty sure what I told you proved just that."

Jon smiled softly as he stared into Annalys' eyes. He slowly nodded his head, agreeing with Annalys, "Perhaps you should be the one protecting me, then," He commented, causing them both to begin laughing.

Annalys continued to laugh and because of their close proximity, she ended up leaning against Jon's shoulders as she did so. Jon groaned in pain, causing Annalys to give him an apologetic look as she pulled away, "Sorry, sorry!" She apologized to him and Jon shut his eyes for a brief moment as he grunted in pain, nodding his head.

As he opened his eyes, he found Annalys smiling while she stared at him, which caused him to give her a confused look, "What?" He asked, sounding a bit concerned.

Annalys continued to smile, slowly shaking her head, "Nothing," She replied quietly, "Nothing. I'm just happy that you're alive."

"As am I," Jon replied, slowly smiling back at her.

Annalys and Jon continued to stare at each other in silence for a long moment. Annalys finally felt it. The same emotions Jon had been feeling since the moment he arrived. She refused to return the feelings out of fear, she finally realized that they had been there all along. That scared her, though. She vowed to herself to let not anything happen between them and she found that to be easy since she didn't reciprocate the feelings, but what was she to do now?

She was returning those feelings. When she saw Jon's body, she wanted to die. She had felt anything close to that feeling since Robb. It had the same or as intense as it was with Robb, but she did, in fact, feel it. And when she witnessed Jon coming back to life, she felt like everything was going to be fine again. It was a feeling of utter relief. It was similar to the way Annalys felt during the War of the Five Kings when reuniting with Robb soon after a successful battle; The way they ran into each other's arm, relieved that they had both made it out alive and well. It was a feeling of never wanting to leave each other's sides again.

She felt guilty for the emotions she was feeling, but as a 'Wise' men once said, "We can't help whom we love." And that was the truth in her situation. Maybe it was love, she didn't know for sure, but she did know that she was starting to have strong feelings toward Jon. And it was nothing like the puppy love they felt for each other all those years ago in Winterfell. It was far different. Far stronger.

And in the end, Annalys had no fucking clue what to do next.

______

Edd, Tormund, the men of the Night's Watch who were faithful to Jon, and the Wildlings were all gathered in the courtyard, staring up at the entrance to Annalys' room, where Jon ended up staying since it was where he awoke at soon after being resurrected.

Soon enough, Jon exited the room and emerged on the balcony, supported by both Annalys and Ser Davos. He stared down at the ground for a moment before walking down the steps with the help of Annalys. Annalys locked her right arm with Jon's left, gripping onto him as she assisted him with walking down the stairs. He was still weakened, without a doubt. But who wouldn't after being resurrected?

Once they reached the bottom of the stairs, they began to walk through the crowd, everyone staring at them. The men on each side of them parted, allowing them to get through. Within seconds, Tormund walked through the middle, ready to confront the man, "They think you're some kind of god. The man who returned from the dead." He told Jon in a calm tone, leading to the make shaking his head in disagreement.

"I'm not a god." Jon disagreed, sharing a look with Annalys.

" I know that," Tormund responded, moving closer to Jon before he began to whisper into his ear, "I saw your pecker. What kind of god would have a pecker that small?" He remarked, causing both men to look over at Annalys, who was close enough to hear the conversation.

They waited for her to make a comment about what he had said, but she simply smiled and looked away, "You see? She's not saying anything became she agrees with me. Don't you, Annalys?" Tormund continued on, causing all three of them to begin laughing as they joined each other for a large hug.

Jon ended up wincing at Tormund and Annalys' tight grip. He turned his head, noticing Edd beginning to walk toward them. Jon and Ed immediately hugged each other, clearly happy to see on another. Jon winced at the tightness of the hug, his wounds still sore.

Edd pulled away from the hug, giving Jon a concerned look, "Your eyes are still brown. Is that still you in there?" He asked, raising a brow at Jon.

"I think so. Hold off on burning my body for now," Jon remarked, causing Annalys to smile while Edd laughed.

"That's funny. You sure that's still you in there?" Edd commented and both he and Jon found themselves laughing.

_______

Later on that day, Annalys stood with Tormund, Davos, the wildlings, and the Night's Watch as they waited for Jon to begin the execution. Jon walked past them, exchanging a brief look with Annalys before going up the stairs toward the gallows with Edd accompanying him. Bowen Marsh, Othell Yarwick, Alliser Thorne, and Olly were all standing on a platform with their hands tied and nooses around their necks.

Jon slowly looked up at the men, "If you have any last words, now is the time." He told the four men in a calm tone.

"You shouldn't be alive," Bowen stated, shaking his head in disbelief, "It's not right."

"Neither was killing me and trying to kill an innocent woman," Jon stated, just before moving to the next man, Othell Yarwick.

"My mother's still living at White Harbor. Could you write her?" He asked Jon in a pleading tone, tears welled in his eyes, "Tell her I died fighting the wildings."

Jon didn't say a single word in response, he simply walked to the next man, which happened to be Alliser Thorne, the mastermind of it all, "I had a choice, Lord Commander. Betray you or betray the Night's Watch. You and that Lannister bitch of yours brought an army of wildlings into our lands. An army of muderers and raiders. If I had to do it all over knowing where I'd end up, I pray I'd make the right choice again." She explained and both Ser Davos and Tormund turned to look toward Annalys when Alliser mentioned her.

She looked up at the men with nooses around their necks, unfazed by what he had said about her. She honestly didn't care. She was used to it. Bitch, whore, she had been called every name in the book at that point. It didn't faze her anymore, "I'm sure you would, Ser Alliser." Jon finally responded, causing Alliser to continue glaring at him.

"I fought, I lost. Now I rest. But you, Lord Snow, you'll be fighting their battles forever. And that woman you let follow you around will be the death of you, in the end, mark my words," Alliser explained, but Jon simply ignore him.

Jon turned to look at Olly, who stared back at him, unwavering. Jon turned his back to them and unsheathed Longclaw. He took a deep breath, just before he cut the rope. Annalys watched closely as the platform was pulled out from under the traitors' feet, the four of them beginning to hang. They began to choke for a long moment, just before they finally dead.

Annalys glanced around at each of the men before her eyes locked on Olly, whose face was blue and swollen. She quickly looked away, letting out a large sigh in defeat. It needed to be done, she knew that, but that didn't stop the fact that they executed a small boy.

Jon sheathed his sword, just before walking over to Edd, "We should burn the bodies." Edd pointed out to Jon, "Along with the four men Annalys killed."

"You should." Jon corrected him, causing Annalys to frown as she began to make her way up the stairs while overhearing the conversation.

She exchanged a look with both Tormund and Ser Davos, just before she finally reached Jon as he took his black fur cloak and handed it to Edd, "What do you want me to do with this?" Edd asked the man, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"Wear it. Burn it. Whatever you want. You have Castle Black." Jon suddenly said, causing Annalys to frown in concern.

Jon ended up walking down the stairs, right past Annalys, "My watch has ended." He continued on and Annalys turned to face him as he continued to walk away, her eyes wide in shock.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Pfft, Annalys has 'feelings' for Jon, but it ain't going to last more than, like, one chapter, let me tell you. So don't get your hopes up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221K 8.5K 190
Aelinor Baratheon stands out in her family. She doesn't have the golden hair and green eyes of her mother and younger siblings. Nor does she have bla...
41.1K 944 22
When it comes to war, I fight for Dorne. When it comes to love... I chose you. ⚔️ Oberyn Martells little sister joins him on his journey to the cap...
644K 16.9K 26
Willa Frey's beauty has been heard of throughout all the Seven Kingdoms. Everyone wants her, especially Prince Joffrey. The problem? She is in love...
7.3K 276 12
𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐂𝐄 ❝ 𝙞 𝙖𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙚! ❞ IN WHICH; Robert Baratheon's daughter gets...