53

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 53. Battle of the Bastards

   The following morning, Annalys stood toward frontlines with Ser Davos and their army standing behind them

The following morning, Annalys stood toward frontlines with Ser Davos and their army standing behind them. She looked ahead to see Ramsay's forces nearly twice the size of hers. Her scabbard was attached to the belt she had around her pants. She wore armor on the top part of her body, but not the lower part. Lady's Wrath was in its sheath while her quiver full of arrows was attached to her built. She sat on her horse, gripping onto her bow. She had learned during the War of the Five Kings how to shoot arrows from horseback and she had become great at it without a doubt.

Jon rode past most of the army and toward the front. Annalys wanted to ride next to him and most wanted her to since she was technically more of their leader than Jon, but of course, Jon insisted she didn't, which annoyed Annalys more than anything.

She just couldn't wait for when the Vale arrived and she could tell him she told him so alongside Sansa. She just hoped she would live long enough to do so.

In the distance, Annalys could the Bolton's sigil brought to life with actual flayed set on fire on X-shaped pieces of wood. Ramsay was a monster, indeed.

   Soon enough, Ramsay rode forward on his horse, holding onto a piece of rope. She turned her head, only to see that Rickon was attached to the rope. Her eyes widened at the boy's state. She looked much older than the last time she had seen him alongside Rickon. That had been nearly six years before in Winterfell. It was the last time she saw Bran, too.

Finally, when she reached the front of his army, Ramsay got off his horse, a small smirk on his face. He began to walk forward, pulling Rickon along with him.

Annalys shifted uncomfortably, not knowing what was going to happen next. Soon enough, Ramsay finally stopped walking and looked directly at Jon. He lifted up his blade for Annalys and Jon's army to see. She became alarmed as Jon quickly jumped off his horse, walking in the direction of Rickon before stopping when he watched Ramsay use the blade to cut Rickon's ropes.

He began to speak to Rickon, just before he let him go, much to Annalys' shock. Just then, Annalys' eyes widened in alarm, watching as Ramsay was handed a bow. He was going to shoot Rickon as the boy ran toward Jon in hopes of surviving.

Jon quickly ran back to his horse, climbing on before he began to ride in Rickon's direction as fast as he could. Annalys attempted to ride forward on her horse, only to be stopped as Ser Davos spoke up, "Don't," He demanded, causing Annalys to hesitantly stop.

She watched in horror as Ramsay shot an arrow into the air, missing Rickon by only a few inches. Jon rode as fast as he could, holding his hand out for Rickon to take when the time came. Once again, Ramsay notched an arrow, the sharp object landing just in front of Rickon.

As he continued to miss, Annalys couldn't help but feel as though Ramsay was doing it on purpose. Just as Rickon was about to reach Jon, an arrow went right through his heart, causing Annalys to loudly gasp as his tears began to fill her eyes.