60

LION AMONG WOLVES
—  60. My Mother's Daughter

     Days had passed and Annalys had been shocked when she received a raven from her Uncle Tyrion, who claimed to be back in Westeros, serving as Hand to Queen Daenerys Targaryen, the last of her house

Days had passed and Annalys had been shocked when she received a raven from her Uncle Tyrion, who claimed to be back in Westeros, serving as Hand to Queen Daenerys Targaryen, the last of her house. Her legal father, Robert, had killed her brother while her biological father, Jaime, had killed her father, the mad king. Now, it seemed that Daenerys was summoning both Jon and Annalys to Dragonstone, which caused Annalys to become concerned.

Daenerys had every right to want her dead for her family's actions against her family more than twenty years before.

"You think it's really Tyrion?" Sansa asked Jon and Annalys uneasily after reading the note sent by a raven to Annalys and Jon, "It could be someone trying to lure you into a trap."

"Read the last bit," Jon told Sansa, who immediately obeyed his orders.

"All dwarves are bastards in their father's eyes," Sansa read aloud, causing Annalys to smile slightly at the meaning of it, "What does that mean?"

"It's something Annalys said to me during her first night back at Winterfell." Jon informed Sansa, exchanging a look with Annalys, "But she learned it from Tyrion."

"You know him better than any of us," Jon stated, looking directly at Annalys, "What do you think, Your Grace?"

"I dare say my opinion is biased, since he's my blood," Annalys pointed out to the group before gesturing toward Sansa, "I'd actually like to hear what she has to say."

"Tyrion's not like the other Lannisters," Sansa spoke up, quickly glancing over at Annalys, "He's similar to Annalys in that aspect. Tyrion was always kind to me, but it's too great a risk. 'The Seven Kingdoms will bleed as Cersei sits on the Iron Throne. Join us. Together, we can end her tyranny'."

Annalys tensed up as Sansa read the rest of the letter out loud. She wanted to go to Dragonstone, even if it risked her life. She wanted to know exactly what the Dragonqueen was like. She wanted to know what she was up against. No matter what, she wasn't going to let Cersei die, not if she could stop it. Even if she had to, she would drag her mother by the hair all the way to Essos to stop her from dying. But it wasn't like her mother was making her position any better by earning so many damn enemies.

  Ser Davos took the scroll letter from Sansa, beginning to read it himself, "Sounds like a charmer," He remarked, only to read the rest of it, "Of course, the casual mention of a Dothraki horde, a legion of Unsullied, and three dragons...A bit less charming," He paused, his eyes widening in realization, which Annalys noticed.

"What is it?" She asked the man, a concerned look on her face.

"Fire kills wights, you told me," Ser Davos told the group, glancing between Annalys and Jon, "What breathes fire?"