33

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 33. The Stupidest Lannister

  Annalys had been shocked when she had witnessed Tyrion's trial

Annalys had been shocked when she had witnessed Tyrion's trial. He had been found guilty, all because he allowed his emotions to get the best of him when Tywin summoned Shae, the whore Tyrion ended up falling in love with, to be one of his witnesses. Tyrion ended up demanding a trial of combat and there was nothing anyone could do to stop that from happening.

Tyrion ended up appointing Oberyn Martell as the person to fight for him, which terrified Annalys. Especially since the person he was fighting against was the Mountain, the man that no one in Westeros could defeat. Annalys depended on Oberyn winning. It was the only way she could escape Kings Landing. That scared her more than anything.

Instead of sitting with her mother, Annalys sat beside Jaime, both of them looking deeply concerned. Cersei turned and looked at her daughter, both of them exchanging a look before Pycelle spoke up, "In the sight of gods and men, we gather to ascertain the guilt or innocence of this..." Pycelle trailed off, gesturing toward Tyrion, "Man Tyrion Lannister. May the Mother grant them mercy. May the Father give them such justice as they deserve. And may the Warrior guide the hand of our champion..."

Before Pycelle could finish the announcement, Tywin made a gesture to speed up the process, seeing as though he was bored. Annalys heard the horns sound, meaning it was time for the fight.

After Oberyn stepped into the ring, he was tossed a weapon. He began to spinning around, showing off. Annalys couldn't help roll her eyes as the crowd cheered for him, becoming more and more alarmed by the second.

"Have they told you who I am?" She could faintly hear Oberyn asked the Mountain.

"Some dead man." The Mountain sneered, lunging forward as the battle began.

"I am the brother of Elia Martell," He introduced himself, causing Annalys to sigh, "Do you know why I have come all the way to this stinking shit-pile of a city? For you."

Oberyn began to swing his spear at the Mountain, but the larger man was able to block his hits. He swung his sword at Oberyn, but the Dornish man was quick to dodge it, "I'm going to hear you confess before you die," he spoke to the Mountain in a loud tone, clearly trying to piss him off on purpose, "You raped my sister. You murdered her. You killed her children. Say it now and we can make this quick."

The Mountain yelled out in anger, beginning to rush toward Oberyn. Oberyn quickly moved out of the main and when the Mountain tried to swing his sword at him, Oberyn blocked the hits with his spear. As the Mountain became off guard, Oberyn hit him in the back of his head with his spear, causing him to lose his helmet.

"Say it," Oberyn demanded as the Mountain growled and tried to swing at him, but was blocked, "You raped her! You murdered her! You killed her children!"

Oberyn continued to do fancy tricks to dodge the Mountain and as much as Annalys wanted to be hopeful, she couldn't help but realize by doing too much, he would become too confident and end up losing in the end, "You raped her! You murdered her! You killed her children!" Oberyn shouted and Annalys' eyes widened as he was knocked to the ground.