7

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 07. Wildings

  At Winterfell, Annalys and Theon were practicing archery in the main courtyard while Bran was going over a map of Westeros with Maester Luwin

  At Winterfell, Annalys and Theon were practicing archery in the main courtyard while Bran was going over a map of Westeros with Maester Luwin. Theon was doing pretty well with Archery, but it was clear Annalys was besting him, which distracted Bran from his studies.

"Bran," Maester Luwin spoke up in a warning tone, trying to get Bran to pay attention.

He pointed to a spot Luwinon the map with a wooden pointer, causing Bran to look down at it, "The Iron Islands. Sigil: a Kraken. Words : We do not sow." He explained, getting it all correct.

"Lords?" He questioned and Bran was quick to answer.

"The Greyjoys," Bran stated and Theon immediately stopped shooting arrows to speak up.

"Famed for their skills at archery, navigation, and lovemaking," Theon explained proudly, laughing loudly before resuming Archery.

"I could've sworn they were famous for their failed rebellions," Annalys remarked, getting a bullseye on the target while staring directly at Theon instead of the target.

She smirked at Theon, resting the bow that Robb had gotten personally made for her over her shoulder before walking away with a proud look on her face.

__

The following day, Bran was riding a horse with his new saddle, whooping joyously. Robb, Annalys, and Theon were watching him while also talking about the news that had received about Ned Stark being stabbed in the leg by Jaime Lannister.

"Not too fast," Robb warned him, both he and Annalys smiling at the boy.

"Come on, Dancer!" Bran told his horse happily, galloping around.

"When are you gonna tell him?" Theon asked Robb curiously, referring the information regarding Ned.

"Not now," Robb responded, shaking his head.

"Blood for blood. You need to make the Lannisters to pay for Jory and the others," Theon insisted and Annalys knew he was right, but she knew she couldn't let that happen just yet.

"You're talking about war," Robb reminded him.

"I'm talking about justice," Theon corrected

"It's not the right time, Theon," Annalys argued, shaking her head in disapproval, "Trust me."

"Only the Lord of Winterfell can call in the bannermen and raise an army." Robb pointed out, which clearly annoyed Theon.

"A Lannister put his spear through your father's leg. The Kingslayer rides to Casterly Rock where no one can touch---" Theon began to say, only to be cut off by Robb.