91

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 91. Only A Little Drunk

   After leaving the feast, Annalys made her way to her room, which she found to be quite difficult, oddly enough

   After leaving the feast, Annalys made her way to her room, which she found to be quite difficult, oddly enough. After all, she was beyond drunk while also having injuries that made her have trouble walking.

Once entering her room, Annalys took a seat, clutching her head as she felt a headache coming on, just as she seemed to be getting all day.

Just then, the door opened, causing Annalys to turn her head to see Daenerys entering, a curious look on her face, "Are you drunk?" She asked, looking to be hesitant about being there.

"No, why would you think that?" Annalys asked, even though it was a lie. That was proven to Daenerys as Annalys stood up, only to stumble and nearly fall, "Alright, maybe a little."

"A little?" Daenerys questioned, chuckling lightly as she moved closer to where Annalys stood after closing the door to Annalys' chambers.

"I'm sorry about Ser Jorah," Annalys found herself saying, giving Daenerys a sympathetic look, "I didn't know much about him, but I did know one thing. He loved you. Very much. Anyone with eyes could have seen that."

"He did," Daenerys responded, nodding her head slightly as she walked ever closer to Annalys, "And I couldn't love him back. Not the way he wanted me to," She paused, stopping when she was standing directly in front of Annalys.

She leaned forward closer to Annalys', their lips almost touching, "Not the way I love you," She confessed to Annalys, her voice just above a whisper, "I see the way everyone looks at you here. You're their savior. People have looked at me like that, but never here. So many want you as their queen and as much as I want to hate you for that, I can't. Because I love you. My love for you is stronger than anything I've ever felt before, Annalys."

Annalys was shocked by Daenerys' confession and because of how drunk she was, she didn't think about the fact that she had wanted to distance herself from Daenerys back when she was sober. Annalys was attracted to Daenerys in a way that she could never understand. She felt herself drawn to her and no matter how she tried to stay away, she couldn't. But she soon began to realize that it wasn't true love, not like it was with Robb. What she felt for Daenerys was lust. She fell for Daenerys because of her looks, which was the opposite of how she fell for Robb.

The feelings she had for Daenerys was something she just shouldn't shake, no matter how hard she tried. She was the worst thing for her, but Annalys just couldn't help herself. She always had been a magnet for danger and chaos.

Annalys placed a hand at the small of Daenerys' back, pulling the silver-haired woman closer to her as they looked into each other's eyes, "Is that alright?" Daenerys asked, her voice just above a whisper.

"It's more than alright," Annalys responded, wrapping both hands around Daenerys' waist before breaking the gap between them.

Annalys wasted no time smashing her lips against Daenerys'. The kiss was hungry on both ends and it felt as though neither of them wanted to remove themselves from each other.