She's not afraid(A Liam Payne...

By SleepingAaliyah

This is April Horan. Her life is a bit different. Her last name confuses people and mistake her for Niall Hor... More

She's not afraid(A Liam Payne Fanfic)
Chapter 2- Who are they?
Chapter 3:Out of Hell
Chapter 4: Yeah Sureee
Chapter 5: Lets learn shall we?
Chapter 5: Bitch Bye
Chapter 7:Possessive or Scared?
Chapter 8:Tease
Chapter 9: New Surprises
Chapter 10: New Start
Chapter 11: The Case
Chapter 12: Problems
Chapter 13: Sorry?
Chapter 14: Apologies and Secrets
Chapter 15: Fights and Drama
AUTHORS NOTE SORRY!
Chapter 16: Drama and Struggles
Chapter 17: Mysteries and Lies
Chapter 18: Heartache and Broken Promises
Chapter 19: Breakfast and Rude Awakenings
Chapter 20: Interviews and Something Different
Chapter 21: Fights and Breaks
Chapter 22: Hatred And Sugar Rushes
Chapter 23: More Fights and Vacations
Chapter 24: Sheffield and Questions
Chapter 25: Home and A Little Surprise
Chapter 26: Horror Movies and Kisses
Chapter 27: New People and Sugar
Chapter 28: Lollipops and Hate
Chapter 29: No Food and Shopping Trips
Chapter 30: Stalking and Accidents
Chapter 31: Rehab and Goodbyes
Chapter 32: New Friends and Therapy Sessions
Chapter 33: Special Events and A New Family
Chapter 34: Arguements and Trips
Chapter 35: Nightmares and School
Chapter 36: Christmas Breaks and Sprains
Chapter 37: Kisses and Movies
Noteeeeee!!!
Note #2
Chapter 39: Piercings and New People
Chapter 40: News and Kisses
Chapter 41: Walks and Talks
Chapter 42: Cuddles and Dress Up (Part 1 of 3)
Chapter 43: Cuddles and Dress Up (Part 2 of 3)
Chapter 44: Cuddles and Dress Up (Part 3 of 3)
Chapter 45: Candy Kisses and Talks
Chapter 46: Truths and The Man
A/N
Chapter 47: Birthdays and Endings
**Epilogue 1**
**Epilogue 2**
NEWS ABOUT THIS BOOK! PLEASE READ

Chapter 38: Parents and 'Happy' Talks

1.2K 20 1
By SleepingAaliyah

New chapter!

Sorry if my last one sucked, like really bad. I'll try to make this one more interesting and it will be!

Her parents are coming in soooon!

Also, Aprils outfit is on the side for this chapter. Her hair is actually a darker brown than it is in the picture, btw. If you can't see the picture I'll also post it on my twitter. @graffiti246

Thank you, if you are actually reading this. I wanted to say thank you guys for getting my book this far. I thought it would be a waste and just plain horrible but I got more into it and you guys kept reading and I'm so happy! So, thank you for the support and for reading. Your all amazing!

~April❤️XX

___________

April's POV

I was awake, but I'm not ready to get up. The firm, but warm, object below me was making me want to stay and cuddle up to it. Knowing I have to be at the boys place at 9 made me groan and attempt to roll to the edge of my bed.

That didn't work out well.

I fell onto the floor and bumped my head against the hard wood. I must have stayed on the couch because I know what the living room floor feels like, sadly. Ryan was pushing me one time and I fell on the floor with a thud. I had a headache for at least a week.

I heard chuckling from the couch, which made me whip my head towards the sound. My eyes fell upon a sleepy looking Liam. He has the signs of sleep still in his eyes, mixed with amusement. His eyes were barely open and his mouth was closed with a small smile on his face.

"How do you manage to fall off the couch?" Liam laughs. I huff before standing back up ms sitting on the couch. I'm still wondering how I didn't fall off before. I move around a lot in my sleep and I usually fall off my own bed sometimes.

"I move around a lot in my sleep," I pout. He grins up at me and slides an arm around my waist, making me turn towards him.

"Why are you up so early? Its literally 8:25. You never get up this early," He says with a raised eyebrow. I lay my head down in his shoulder and groan.

"Zayn said I need to be at the house at 9. You know I like taking my time to get ready, just not as long as Ryan. I don't get why a certain type of hat matters?" I grimace. Liam laughs above me before tucking a piece of my brunette hair behind my ear. He places his lips on my shoulder and let's it linger for a second longer before pulling back.

"You better hurry up then," He whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. I jump out of his arms and scramble towards my room.

"Can you make some coffee?" I call out. I hear a faint 'yeah' before I shut my door and go towards my messy closet.

I grab a taupe cropped, long sleeve sweater and a pair of black leggings. After, literally, shoving and squeezing my legs through the holes, I went inside the bathroom and put on some mascara and pink lipstick before sliding on a lace filigree ring. I brush through my curly hair and tuck some strands behind my ears. I grab my black framed reading glasses and my floral backpack before stepping back inside my room.

"If you want to get there by nine you should hurry up," Liam called from the kitchen. I grab a pair of heeled brown boots and sprinted into the kitchen. I grabbed the plate from Liam's hand and starting eating quickly.

"Hungry?" Liam teased. I turned with part of my bacon hanging out of my mouth and saw Liam with a raised eyebrow and a smirk.

"Yeah. Problem?" I ask him. He held his hands up in defense and shook his head. I put my plate in the sink while Liam came behind me and tried to kiss me.

"No!" I squeal and cover my mouth so Liam kissed my hand. He pulled back and raised a quizzical eyebrow.

"What?" He asked. I uncovered my mouth and looked towards the tiled floor.

"I didn't brush my teeth yet," I mumble. He laughs and tilts my chin up to meet his bright brown eyes filled with amusement. He leant his head forward and laid his forehead on mine.

"And? Neither did I," He chuckled. I scrunched up my nose and raised an eyebrow.

"Gross," I laughed. He scowled and pulled away from me. I grab his hand and stand on my tippy toes and press my lips to his cheek.

"I have an extra toothbrush under the sink. And even better......." I trail off and a grin spreads on my face."Its purple."

I turn away and head back towards my room to brush my teeth. I grab my neon green toothbrush and smother it with toothpaste.

As I was brushing my teeth, Liam grabbed his toothbrush and bumped my hip with his. I turn towards him and scowl, trying to fight off a grin. After we finished we finally headed down the elevator and towards Liam's car.

"Turn the heat up," I whined through chattering teeth. London weather was going all out this winter. Its past freezing. I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually -10 degrees.

Liam quietly turned the heat up and rubbed his hands together before putting the car into drive and driving off towards the house. I lay my head back on the head rest and close my eyes, humming to the music that was playing lightly. Why are 5 Seconds of Summer so perfect?

I pull out my phone and text a quick message to Ryan. He hasn't come back yet, but I'm not surprised. Who likes waking up at 8 a.m? Normal people, that's who. Who likes being normal? Normal idiots.

"Why are we going over there again?" Liam asks me a few minutes later. I open my eyes and look over at Liam to see him staring at the road. He took a quick glance when he felt my gaze on him.

"Zayn said it was a surprise. Someone's over at the house waiting to see me," I knit my eyebrows in confusion. Who would come to see me? I only gave Victoria as a friend. And Jasmine and Darren.

I look over at Liam and see him with the same confused expression as me. The rest of the ride was in silence. Too busy in thought of who was over, waiting to see me. So, as soon as we parked in the driveway, I was frozen in place. I don't know other people besides the boys, Ryan, and my 3 best friends. I was snapped out of my trance by a hand coming in contact with mine. I turned and saw Liam looking at me with a small smile, worry etched into his features.

"I'm sure everything's okay. Just a little surprise," He told me gently. I nodded and laid my shaky hand on the door handle. I pushed it open and stepped out of the car while pulling my jacket closer to me. I swear I hate London. Why couldn't we have lived in Florida or California or something?

Liam grasped my hand as he locked his car and headed towards the door. I swung our hands back and forth like a child would as Liam laughed at me. I smiled even when we were at the door. Liam rose his hand from his side and knocked on the door, even though it's his house. I gave him a look and he shrugged.

"I forgot my key," He mumbled. I laughed while he blushed a bright pink. Suddenly the door was yanked open and a tired looking Niall appeared. I knitted my eyebrows in concern and looked up at him more closely.

"Ni.........You okay?" I ask tentatively. He rubbed his eyes before nodding and plastering a smile on his face. It was a fake one, but he didn't have to know I knew that.

"Everyone's in the kitchen. I made you some coffee and pancakes," He said in a sleepy voice. I nod and grasp Nialls upper arm while keeping Liam's hand in my left. We walked off and inside the kitchen where all the boys were at. But something was off. And I soon found out why.

My parents were here.

They were sitting at the table with plates in front of them and smiling and laughing with the others. I let my arm drop from Niall's arm and my face become blank. My hold was starting to become loose in Liam's before he squeezed my hand in reassurance.

Niall cleared his throat to catch the two adults attention. When they looked over, I could see the happiness and excitement in their eyes. I just couldn't force an emotion out of me. This was too surreal.

Knowing that I was left and abandoned to such horrible parents was hard to register. Staying with those people so long actually helped me in some twisted way. Hiding emotions and, at least attempting ,to stick up for yourself. Hiding my emotions from them right now was natural. Sad, but true.

My mother was covering her mouth with her hand and tears in her bright, glossy blue eyes. My father, step father, I think, had glossy eyes as well and a grin on his face. The boys had mixed emotions on their faces.

Curiosity

Worry

Concern

Happiness

Fear

I was staring straight ahead at them as they stood up and made their way over to me. I squeezed the life out of Liam's hand which made him groan in pain. I flicked my gaze over to him and gave him a sorry look before making my face go blank again. I turn back to my parents and see their faces closer than they were before. My mother had a sparkle in her eyes and small freckles across her nose and cheeks. My father had small wrinkled around his eyes and the same sparkle in his eyes like my mother.

I slipped my glasses off and handed them to Niall as I continued to stare at them both. Memories of all those years I was left with those people kept flashing through my mind. Tears were welling up in my eyes, my gaze turned to the floor. I hated crying in front of people, but there are those points where I completely break down.

A memory from just two years ago flashed through my mind. My hand on the top of the stove burning stove, me crying my eyes out. Even though I was 15 years old. I squeezed Liam's hand harder and he must've got the hint by now. He looked over at me. My eyes wide and tears about to fall out of my eyes. I probably looked like someone that was about to scream.

Another memory flashed and I was on the verge of either crying or screaming. You can't just get over memories like that. They're too frightening.

"Um....I don't think now is a good time. Maybe another time, yeah?" Liam said quickly. He kept taking glances at my face that was still facing the floor. I kept squeezing every time a new memory flashed.

"Li, she has to meet them eventually," Zayn said and rubbed his tired eyes. I held my breath knowing it would be tagged from my soon panic attack.

"Zayn, I get it. It's just she doesn't look to good right now. April, breathe," Liam said. Those words made everyone glance at me, seeing my red face and glassy eyes.

I took a deep breath and made my face blank and thought of Ryan making out with his girlfriend to make my glossy eyes go away. My nose scrunched up in disgust, making the tiny dimple in my right cheek show.

"Oh my," My mother said while covering her mouth once again."She has your grandmothers dimple."

I looked up at Liam for help, but he just shrugged. I turn back towards my parents and see my mother holding her arms out for a hug. I raise an eyebrow and wait for her to get the hint. Once she saw I made no movement to hug her, she put her arms down and sighed in defeat.

"April, you know why I couldn't keep you-" She started before I quickly cut her off. My anger flaring from those simple words.

"But you sure as hell could keep your other two children," I told her, nostrils flaring. Liam pushed me back and that's when I noticed I was getting up in my mothers face. If I can even call her my mother.

"Look, I know your angry, but I'm sorry. I've already said why I couldn't keep you and I'm not going to take that one your giving me. Mad or not, I'm still your mother and you will respect me," She said sternly.

"Over my dead bod-" Liam quickly covered my mouth which made me roll my eyes. Such a goody two shoes.

"Of course she respects you. She just woke up in a mood today. She did roll onto the hard wood floor. That must have put her in a bad mood," He told them, making me glare.

"Says the guy that laughed at me and didn't help me up," I said after he took his hand off my mouth. He bit his lip to fight off a grin, but it just made him look hotter. Damn that boy to hell.

"Your the one that rolled into the floor. I'm sure you were capable enough to get off the floor," Liam said with a light laugh.

"I'm confused," Niall interjected. His eyebrows were knitted together in confusion and his eyes still had a tired look in them."Why were you over there?"

Liam raised an eyebrow and looked over towards the other 3 boys. They all stared down at their plates and murmured among themselves. I snorted, knowing they never told Niall about him being at my apartment.

"I thought I told the boys to tell you I was at Aprils to apologize for earlier. I'm guessing they didn't pass on the message," Liam said with a scowl. I smirked slightly, knowing Liam would give them a stern talking later. They're really boring and uninteresting. Thank God it's not me.

"Over at April's? I thought April didn't live with those people anymore?" My father asked. Stepfather, father, I don't even know, man.

"I don't. I live in a apartment with Ryan," I say monotonously. They look at me for a minute, staring at my blank face for any sign of emotion, but came up blank.

"Go eat some breakfast or something. Coffee's in the pot and your pills are in the right top cabinet," Niall tells me while picking up another plate of food. I sure as hell know it's not his first because it's not filled to the brink like always.

"Pills?" My mother asked. I nod and go towards the top cabinets and grab the orange bottle with my pills. I'm supposed to take one to two a day for my kidneys. They also taste like shit. Yay. I pour a cup of coffee and add milk and sugar before throwing the pill towards the back of my throat and swallowing it down with the burning coffee. I took a seat by Zayn and Louis and took a piece of bacon off of Zayns plate.

"Hey!" Zayn complained. I shrug and give him my puppy eyes before he groans and scowls at his plate.

"Damn you," I hear him mumble, making me giggle. I hear a set of keys jiggling and look up to see Liam heading out of the kitchen.

"Hey! Where are you going?" I ask him. He turns back towards me before coming towards my seat.

"Jasmine and Darren wanted me to pick them up instead of Darren's foster parents taking them up here," He tells me. I give him a grateful smile before he pecks me on the head. I wrap my arms around his neck while sets his hands on my hips. I crane my neck slightly and give him a small kiss before moving away from him.

"I love you," I whisper. He grins before pecking my head once again and letting it linger.

"I love you too. I'll be back soon," He whispers back. I nod and watch him walk out of the kitchen doors and listen to the front door shut.

It was then I notice the deadly silent room and look around to see the boys looking at me with wide eyes and slack jaws. Nialls eyes held no anger for once, just shock. My father looked angry, my mother at me in disapproval and sadness. Well, this is awkward.

"I'm just going to head upstairs," I mumble before standing up from my seat and staring at the floor.

"Wait," Zayn calls out. I look towards him and see a bright smile on his face. I give him a small one back before he smirks and turns towards Harry.

"Cough it up, mate. I won," Zayn told Harry happily while Harry grumbled under his breath. Harry took out a 20 dollar bill and handed it to Zayn while Zayn smiled in approval. I crossed my arms and cleared my throat to gain their attention. They snapped their gazes towards me and saw my raised eyebrow.

"What's going on?" I ask menacingly. They, awkwardly, cleared their throat and moved their eyes away from me. Harry scratched the back of his head before speaking.

"We made a bet of how long it would take until you and Liam finally got together. I said 2 months and Zayn said about one month. He was closer so he got 20 dollars," Harry scowled while Zayn grinned. I growled and glared at the two idiots in front of me.

"You made a bet on how long it took for me and Liam to get together?" I growled through clenched teeth. They looked startled before nodding their heads.

"We're not even together. I mean, yeah, I love him, but we aren't dating," I said confused. They raised an amused brow while Louis and Niall tried to hide their laughs behind their palms. I glared at them before giving them the bird.

"Fuck you. Fuck you all," I told them, but a small smile formed on my face as they laughed. I heard two gasps, which made me turn and see my parents staring at me in bewilderment. I raise and eyebrow as Niall looks at them also.

"Ya hear me say it all the time. It's nothing new," Niall tells them. They turn to him and my mother glares.

"I know, but she's a lady. She shouldn't be doing that," She says, which makes me snort along with the other 3 boys. Me? A lady? That's gold. This lady is hilarious.

"Have you guys seen me eat?" I ask the boys. They nod.

"Do I eat like a lady?" I ask them again. They shake their head.

"Hell no," Louis says with a laugh. I smirk and turn back towards them.

"I also don't dress like a lady," I tell them before stripping off my jacket to reveal my crop top. My father glared at my revealed belly in anger.

"Put some clothes on, child. Show some decency," He told me. I glare coldly at him and take my jacket in my hands. I turn towards the boys with anger flaring in my eyes.

"Can I go? I came didn't I? Haven't I been punished enough?" I ask with 2 meanings behind my words. Haven't I been punished enough with my old parents and now parents that might be the exact same? Haven't I been punished enough with there words and being here this early? They gave me saddened looks and nod.

"Actually, I wanted to talk to you upstairs really quick," Niall interjected. I nod and grab my glasses from him. I quickly turn around and look at the people that are supposedly my parents.

"You may be my biological parents, but I won't accept it anytime soon. You came here with a horrible start and in some ways.....you remind me of those people I once had to call mom and dad. I don't want to be controlled because, truthfully, your not allowed to. Your not my guardian and I'm not in your care. You can either back off or become less controlling and more like parents," I tell them before turning and heading towards the stairs.

______________________________________________________________

New chapter!

Thank you all for reading my book! It's at 2.8K now! 2.8K!!!

Thank you all for reading the extremely shitty chapters and the horrible grammar and spelling mistakes.

You're all amazing, not just for reading my book, but your amazing in general.

Thanks for everything! Love you!

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

APRIL❤️XX

Goal: 2.10K

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27K 572 23
How could something so tragic happen to a sweet, loving girl like Maren Payne, little sister of Liam Payne who's 1/5 of the world famous boy band One...
11.8K 948 30
A/N: I wrote this book when I was 10 years old so prepare to cringe. šŸ‘«šŸ‘«šŸ‘« What would you do if you were taken by four teenagers? Well, you mostly s...
99.8K 510 45
Hey! So when Im bored I like to think of random things. Like, what if I was 1D's little sister?! I think that would be pretty awesome! In this book y...
500K 2K 29
[Note: This version is still up for reading, but its utter crap, and I am rewriting a whole new book which will be posted soon, but completely differ...