No Matter What // Zayn Malik

By lostinparadise25

Olivia has had a crush on Zayn Malik from the moment she laid eyes on him, and I mean could you blame her? He... More

No Matter What
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue

Chapter 1

127K 2.4K 551
By lostinparadise25

Haven't updated this in a while. I've decided I'll go through with it. Updates will be very very slow though. 

°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· 

Chapter 1

 Olivia’s POV

 Josh ran to open the door as I fixed my hair a bit, making my curls flow out from under my little hat. I sighed, realizing it was pointless to try to impress a boy I couldn’t even have. It hurt me. I just wished I could be good enough for him. 

 The boys walked into the living room and eyes immediately lit up when they saw me. I smiled a bit, then stared at their lips. 

 Livi! They all seemed to say in unison. The five boys all started to speak at once after, so I put up one finger to tell them one at a time. I saw everyone laugh a bit, and waited for the next boy to say something. 

 How have you been? Liam asked, being the kind boy he was. I smiled a bit and gave him a so-so motion. He nodded, understanding that life wasn’t exactly perfect being deaf. 

 Coming to the mall? Harry asked.

I nodded, smiling a bit as the boys cheered. I grabbed my purse and followed the boys outside, jumping into the vans with security surrounding us all the way around. I gave Paul a small wave and he smiled back at me, making a quick motion with one of his hands. One of his nieces was deaf also, so he knew a bit of sign language. Josh called the driver’s seat, pushing Niall out of the way and taking the keys. I  laughed a bit and slid in the car, Zayn patting a seat next to him. I gave him a light smile and did as he requested. It took every urge in my body not to hold his hand or sit on his lap, even though my insides were screaming. 

 We pulled out of the driveway, Niall, who called shotgun instead started to turn up the radio. Of course I couldn’t hear it. I looked around the car to see all of the boys excited and singing the song without hesitation. Zayn tapped my shoulder lightly as I turned to look at him. He started signing, as I watched his lips. 

 Baby you light up my world like nobody else . . .

 He seemed to be trying to teach me the song. I didn’t know the melody or anything, but I learned the lyrics, boys applauding me as I sang a bit. Ben even taught me the drumming part of the song, me carefully watching his hands. I loved car rides with these boys. It was just amazing to see that twinkle in their eyes as they belted out the words to songs on the radio. To see them laughing or joking around with each other. They did their best to include me in conversations, sending me texts or having Ben translate everything for me. What I loved most was that they seemed so happy when they were together. When they were singing. 

 This was what they loved to do. 

 Just seeing them made me happy. 

 * * * * * * 

 I linked arms with Harry as we strolled through the mall. Harry was probably the one I was second closest two. I leaned my head on his shoulder as we walked. He smiled down at me and begun to skip, acting rather childish. We had just played a quick game of charades. We always played whenever we stopped by a store we didn’t wanna go into. It was quite entertaining actually. He would jump off benches, make big hand motions, and weird faces making me laugh. 

 “Harry, I don’t know what that is!” I bursted out laughing as he pouted a bit, lower lip quivering slightly. He stopped to think some more until finally he spun around on his shoes. Once he was turned on his side, he started to move his feet backwards. I was puzzled. Was that some kind of dance move?

“Are you trying to moonwalk?” 

 Harry nodded vigorously, curls flying all over the place. Wait. What do you mean trying? He asked, looking genuinely hurt. 

 “That was horrible! It looked like you were trying to scrape poop of your shoes!”

He bursted out laughing at this, eyes closed shut as he keeled over. Once he finally regained his composure, he gestured for me to finally guess who he was trying to impersonate. 

 “Okay, so moonwalk...Moonwalk...Umm, I still don’t know, Harry.” 

 Suddenly, he flexed his hips, doing this move that looked like a pelvic thrust. My eyes widened as he flexed on the tip of his toes. 

 “Oh! Michael Jackson!” I shouted out, finally getting it. He nodded again, a big smile on his face. 

 Took you that long, love.

 “It’s not my fault you suck at charades.” 

 No need to be rude, Livs. He poked my cheek, making me laugh a bit. I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Paul, a kind look in his eyes even though he towered over me. He was pretty nice for a body guard. The other ones weren’t as kind to fans, always rushing the boys when they wanted to stop and sign things. He did a few motions in front of me as I tried to understand what he was trying to tell me. 

 Zayn needs your help with something. He’s in the back. 

 I nodded, told Harry I’d be right back, and ran into Topshop to find Zayn. I found him looking around for in the jewelry section of the store. He looked stressed and absolutely defeated. I placed a hand on his shoulder and he turned back to look at me. He gave me a small smile. He held up two things, and moved them up and down, pretty much saying ‘This one or this one?’ One was a bracelet, the other earrings. The earrings were absolutely horrendous. 

 They were gold, with little spike balls along the hoop in hot pink. Just seeing it gave me a headache. I shook my head over and over again, mouthing a ‘NO’. Instead, I pointed to the glitzy cord bracelet. It was cute. Light pink with little diamonds all around. I always preferred bracelets. I could always just look down my wrist and smile because I knew exactly who gave it to me. Zayn and I had matching rope bracelets, or favorite colors blending together. 

 You think Perrie would like it? He asked, making me frown a bit. The mention of Perrie made me die a little on the inside. She was beautiful with her flowing blond hair and sparkling blue eyes. I was told she had an amazing voice, and in a successful girl band. I was nothing special compared to her. I could totally sabotage this, pick out something really ugly I’m sure she would hate then have Zayn give it to her. Maybe they’d fight a bit, ruining their relationship then Zayn would be all mine, but I wasn’t that mean. Perrie was making Zayn happy. I guess I should be happy for him.

 I nodded firmly as he smiled a bit. 

 Thanks, Liv. He kissed my cheek quickly, making my insides go crazy. He took my hand, leading me to the checkout. I patiently waited for him as he paid, cashier recognizing him and asking for a quick picture. Once we were all done in the store, we walked out together, his arm draped around my shoulder. Harry gave me a quick thumbs up. I smiled at him a bit. He was the only one who knew about my crush on Zayn. He would have ice cream sessions with me whenever more Zerrie pics would come up all over the web, making me feel terrible. It may seem pathetic to you but Zayn had always been like my best friend. We only knew each other for a year maybe but we hung out together a lot. I could come to him if I needed advice or I was having a bad day. I just felt like we could relate to each other a lot. I just felt like Perrie didn’t love him as much as I did. She didn’t appreciate him as much as I did. 

 Ready to go? Josh asked me. I nodded, but saw Niall complaining out of the corner of my eye. He was begging Louis for something. I tried to figure out what was going on. Louis was holding a bag of crisps above Niall’s head, the scene making me laugh a bit. Niall was much smaller than Louis, making it all the more hilarious. He jumped up to try to grab it but to no avail.

 “Hungry, Niall?” I smiled a bit as he turned to me. He nodded a lot. Niall was always hungry, couldn’t blame him. We’d been at the mall for a while now. I barely had breakfast. I jerked my head over to the food court. “Leggo!”

 I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. 

 From: Nando’s Boy 

 Olivia Devine, I love you. You’re going to buy me food. 

 Another laugh escaped my lips as I walked over to Niall, linking an arm with him. “We’ll be food buddies for the moment!” 

 Niall probably let out his typical ‘Yeah buddie!’ and dragged me over to get some food, pulling on my arm until we reached the quiet food court. I guessed no one was hungry yet. We argued a lot as we looked at our options, me mostly pointing at restaurants and Niall shaking his head. We wanted to eat everything really. We finally decided on McDonalds, loading up on shakes, fries, and burgers. I did like to eat, I’ll admit it. I looked down at the cheeseburger I was already half way through. Liam who was sitting at our table too looked back and forth between us, amazed at how we ate so much yet still pretty skinny. 

 “I’ll start jogging tomorrow.” I breathed out, making Niall crack a smile. “Eh, who am I kidding, I said that yesterday.” I dipped my fries into my shake, making Niall laugh even more. It was amusing, seeing his face get all red and his head tilt back. I liked his laugh. Shame I could never hear it. 

 * * * *

 As soon as we walked outside with all our bags, fans swarmed us immediately. I flinched as they all started screaming and taking pictures of us, my eyes hurting from the flashes. I felt myself stumble a bit, eyes blurring for a second because of the sudden flash in my face. Zayn noticed me stumble and steadied me. I didn’t like it when the fans swarmed us. I just felt uncomfortable, but if I was a fan, I’d probably doing the same. He pulled me closer to him, an arm snaking around my waist protectively as he smiled politely and waving. We all managed to get through, no fans getting hurt or any of the boys getting hurt. 

 You all right? Ben asked me once he were in the car. I guess I was still a little freaked out. I just nodded, reassuringly. I flinched though once a girl banged on the glass window of the van. Shouldn’t have sat next to the window. Ben squeezed my hand a bit, giving me a small smile. 

 My phone vibrated and I looked down to see a text from Zayn and around twenty from Louis. Louis must’ve been spamming me again.

 From: Zayn <3

Thanks for today. I would’ve failed miserably if you weren’t there. ;) 

 I smiled, looking back up at Zayn. “What would you do without me?”

 You’re the best, Livi. 

 Yup. I know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 3.8K 19
It's been three years since Leah Adams and Harry Styles had their baby girl. With Harry being on tour, it gets hard for Leah and Darcy, so Leah decid...
108K 3.4K 27
Christina Greenwell's entire world had turned upside down the day five certain boys walked into her life. Her life spun yet again the day they walked...
495K 10.5K 31
Roxanne Styles, a bartender and sometimes a provocative dancer on the bar with a dark past. She is desperate to feel free and has her walls up when i...
1M 17.6K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...