Chapter 2

This isn't even a chapter. it's soooo short. so sorry about this snowflakes. I'll try to write some more soon. I didn't mean to put it on the backburner. enjoy for now! :) xo

°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· 

Chapter 2

Olivia’s POV

We went back to the flat, all the boys except Zayn playing their stupid games on their Xbox. I was writing in my journal and lounging on the couch while Zayn was over by Josh’s drum set and Ben’s piano. I watched Zayn sit down on the piano bench, placing his fingers on the keys, preparing to play. He opened his mouth, singing lyrics I couldn’t figure out. His gentle hands flew across the keys, making it look like a work of art. HE made it look so easy. I was just mesmerized. He noticed me staring. He motioned for me to sit on the bench with him, so I brought a piece of paper in case he wanted to talk. He got a pen and scribbled something down. 

Wanna learn? :) 

“It’s pointless, Zayn. I wouldn’t even be able to hear it.” I retorted. 

Why don’t you ever wear your hearing aid?

I sighed. “When I wear it, people look at me like a freak. They make fun of me. I just wanna be treated like a normal girl.” 

Zayn nodded, understanding my discomfort. You know Beethoven was deaf. He made some pretty great music.

“Really? Didn’t know that.” I said dryly. Zayn sighed and came behind me. He placed his hands over mine, making my fingers push down on the keys. His arms were draped around mine, face close to mine as well. I could feel the stubble of his beard on my cheek. His lips slowly moving as he called out the keys. This couldn’t get any better.

The song finally ended, a small smile on my face as he helped me push down on the last key. He gave me a sweet smirk as I looked up at him. 

That face, those eyes, his perfect hair. 

Before I knew it, we were both leaning in. Our eyes closed as we leaned closer and closer. Our lips barely touched, until he cupped one side of my face and kissed me. 

Zayn Malik just . . . . kissed me. ME! My heart fluttered until we broke away, breathless. We stared at each other, not knowing what to say. I bit my lip and looked down. He had a girlfriend. He just kissed me. We’re screwed. We’re dead. He looked back down at the piano. He grabbed a pen and scribbled something down on the paper.

I’m sorry. Got caught in the moment.

I just gave a small nod, guilt crawling all over me and he scribbled something down. 

Could you maybe, not mention this to Perrie?

I looked u at him. He was biting his lip, eyes practically begging me not to say anything. Worry was written all over his face. I could tell Perrie meant a lot to him. I could sabotage this again, but all I did was nod and force a smile. 

“Promise.” I swiped a finger over my heart, making the motion that I ‘crossed’ it. Zayn crossed his, a little thing we did as best friends. That and pinkie promises all the time. 

“Thank you.” He breathed out. Then he left me in the music room with my thoughts. I sat in front of Josh’s drums, lighting tapping on them absentmindedly. I felt like I was invisible to him. Like I was practically waving my arms in his face and he was too stupid to notice I was right there in front of him. Ugh. Really? We just kissed. I felt something. Did he? At all in that moment we shared?

Why did love have to hurt so much?