My Assassin - Love and Loyalt...

By the4moon

After both of her parents died in serious major car accident, Hanna Li were brought to a secret organization... More

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1 : 200th mission
Chapter 2 : Under attack!
Chapter 3 : Save her
Chapter 4 : Why she still can't see it?
Chapter 5 : Her name is Hanna Li
Chapter 6 : Salt Sins City
Chapter 7 : William Hae and Lia Margaret
Chapter 9 : Number One
Chapter 10 : Assassinate John Yun
Chapter 11 : Don't leave me, my love..
Chapter 12 : The sensation of a kiss!
Chapter 13: He killed my parents!
Chapter 14: The truth! - Lawson Kir and Melhanwa
Chapter 15: A painful reunion!
Chapter 16 : Clara and Kei Vs Hanna Li and John Yun
Chapter 17 : Golden Red Organization
Chapter 18 : Enigma
Chapter 19 : The choice: Love or Loyalty
Chapter 20 : Close to her heart
Chapter 21 : Blood, Sweat and Tears
Chapter 22 : Final Chapter - Love yourself, Forgive yourself

Chapter 8 : The Secrets

69 45 2
By the4moon

Thud!

Someone just barged in the office with stormy steps. There's an obvious frustration displayed on the woman's face.

"Zhang, why'd you let that woman left unpunished? I demand an answer!" Clara lashed angrily.

Zhang unhurriedly looked up and his eyes drawn in coldness and start questioning, "What woman?" His voice dropped in several temperature.

Clara was taken aback with the sudden changes of his voice but she quickly recovered. She said with slightly pouted, "Who else if it's not Hanna! Zhang, isn't this breaking the code of the Golden Red? I heard she had failed her mission, and you didn't give her a proper punishment!" Clara clearly voiced to him her grudge of dissatisfaction..

Zhang replied in devoid of emotion, "How did you know?"

"How? It's simple.. she told me!" Clara lied without batting-an-eye!

Then, he simple shrugged the fact and said nonchalantly, "So, what?"

Clara was flabbergasted with the idea.. So what??

Did he even care about the other members are going to rebels if they know this? Preposterous!

She gritted her teeth as she balled her fist angrily, her nails almost piercing through the ball at her palms. "You really gonna let her go just like that?" She asked in disbelief.

"I had my own judgement and it's none of your business!" Zhang chided her dangerously..

Clara were unpleased, her eyes grimace in livid.. So, he determined to let her be!

Not only she got a scold from her superior, Zhang treated her like a merely-maid! This thought alone made her almost losing her mind!

Clara tried hard to suppress her anger from brimming out her face..

"What's your purpose to come here? If that's all, then leave.. I have work to do." Zhang said impatiently.

Fixing up her face to get to use with Zhang's cold treatment on her, she then suggested boldly, "Let me finish her mission instead of her!"

Zhang narrowed his sharply, "What do you say?"

"You heard me, let me do her job." Clara voice was resolved.

"What are you trying to imply?" He asked with severity.

"I know, my mission is somehow connected with her's, I'm right? That's why I proposed this in order to unearth more information."

Zhang suddenly fell into a serious thoughts when he heard this. Yes, it's indeed linked to her mission..

Clara waiting anxiously for Zhang's response with a gleam of hope. She actually came up with this idea to win Zhang's heart!

The only matter now is to make Zhang believe it her.. Clara had her own evil hidden motive!

After some time, Zhang finally replied, "It's true your mission is crucial to her, but your mission is only to digging up some information about The Star Corp company, not to assassinate a person. Besides, her mission is not suitable for you."

She scoffed mockingly, "She had failed her own mission and you said she qualified to do it? If it's not me, who else could fit this job? Since you excused her from any punishment, why don't you let me in to be fair? Same reason, why you chose to let her go."

In his complications, Zhang thought it deeply..

With this, Clara held her breath in anticipation.. Please, just let me do it!

After a serious consideration, he sighed in agreement, "Very well, you're in. However, I warn you, you'll only assisting her and aid whenever you see its fit. It's up to both of you to discuss how to cooperate each other in this new assignment. I'll let her know this when she came back.."

At last, the words that Clara wanted to hear came to her like a flying colors. She grinned inwardly, she was overjoyed!

Just like she'd planned!

Being in this mission means Hanna's day on earth will be numbered. It's a payback time!

At the same time, when I finished with John Yun, Zhang will favor me even more.. and when that happened, I'll convince him to kick that vixen out of the organization for being useless!

Like killing two birds with one stone!

Clara can see a victory ahead in her eyes, she couldn't help but smirked wickedly..

...

Back to Salt Sins City..

She stepped in the house with unconscious decision like a possessed person..

Hanna isn't sure it's a good idea or not to be here again. As she walked through the living room, the house seems like the bottom a lake.. so pitched quiet.

It's obviously, the man wasn't here anymore..

She sighed in relief. Hanna didn't wished to see him for now. With this, it's much easier for her to resume her investigation. Without any second to waste, she went to her father's study room upstairs.

The study room soon came to her view, she walked inside unhurriedly, feeling suddenly sombre that ironically wrenching her heart. It's hard enough for Hanna to ignore every details in the study, especially where her father was always sat, working tirelessly day and night..

She quickly shook her solemn thought away. This is no time get consumed by sadness..

Hanna begins to search every nook and cranny, but it's avail.. How come she can't find anything valuable to refer as a clue?

But, she's not giving up just yet!

With renewal resolve, Hanna widened her search even further. The room in a mad mess within ten minutes, none of them in a proper conditions, papers tossed on floor without saint.

In half-hour mark, Hanna's still can't find any lead!

This frustrated Hanna even more. There's must be somewhere in this room!

Hanna looked around with impatient and intricate eyes. Very soon, her eyes fell onto the bookshelf in the corner. That's right, she haven't checked there yet..

In hurried steps, she went over and opened all books from the first and second rack and started reading it one by one. So far, the contents all about science and technology. She's not quit there, if anything, Hanna's not leaving this place until she got something worth her time!

On the third rack, there's only fourteen books placed in a row in the right corner. It's the last section for Hanna to check. Before she reached those books, she felt the setting is quite peculiar. Those books pretty much the same as the title, and there's only one book covered with blue color.

Hanna took the blue book the shelf and something caught her attention. She spotted a weird rectangle shape behind the vacant book that she just took. Wait.. isn't this some sort of switch button?

Like a sudden wave of apprehension swept over her mind, Hanna suddenly had this sunken feeling inside her stomach that sent chills down to her spine. It's a number!

As she looked closely at the arrangement, it's indeed a pattern of number.. It's her birthday date!

Six identical books in the left side, as the seventh will be the blue book and the rest are the  same as the others, and this brings down to seven books on the right side including the blue book.  Therefore, the pattern number is 6 and 7!

6th July, it's the day she was born!

Hanna was astounded..

Only after sometime, she recovered from that. As she calmed down, she pressed the switch button behind the vacant spot, tentatively.. Tak!

Something just unlocked!

She gasped in surprised when she felt the bookshelf started to shake. Hanna pulled her hand back real quick and the whole shelf rotating to the right.

Like a little secret room in a drama, another room space soon came to her view. There's indeed had a secret room behind the bookshelf!

This shocked Hanna to her core. Never ever in her entire life that she would guess something eccentric like this ever existed inside her own house!

After a few episodes of consternation, she stepped into the secret room with ruffled mind..

The secret room covered just a small space, that only occupied by a study desk and a computer. Hanna went closer to the study desk and opened up the drawer. She's greeted by a brown envelope in it. Like the other confidential document, she took the envelope out the drawer.

For some reason, Hanna felt anxious to see what's inside. Nevertheless, she had no choice but to uncovered the contents as she pulled out a piece of paper from the envelope.

As she read the heading title, her eyes flickered in anxiety as her body shuddered in ghastly.

[DNA Parental Test Result]

[Father: William Hae... Son: John Yun.. Probability of Paternity: 99.999999999%!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 199 16
Rosè is an assassin. It's her job to kill and fight. Her dad gave her a mission to kill Jeon Jungkook. She had to go to school to get closer with him...
137K 7.2K 26
*SEQUEL TO DAISY* Daisy has escaped her old life. The life of fighting, death, and bloodshed. She finally has a good relationship with her true fami...
The Mystery Letters By Apple

Mystery / Thriller

151K 8.8K 29
Hannah lost her twin sister Hailey when she was 12 in an accident, or so they believed. The case had been closed, everyone seemed to move on except...
517 117 7
Laira Takai, the best assassin in the clan, was chosen to play the role of 𝘩π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘘𝘢𝘦𝘦𝘯. At the age of 9, she was abducted by the 19-year-old, m...