Suit & Tie

By miki-mendes

Shawn Mendes. 24years old. CEO. Self-proclaimed millionaire. He's New York's most eligible bachelor. Every ma... More

Chapter 1- Cooling coffee & failed attempts
Chapter 2- False identity & Fear
Chapter 3 - Smug smile & Surprise tasks
Chapter 4 - Sweaty palms & Intense interviews
Chapter 5 -Erractic errands & stolen seats
Chapter 6 - Strong stares & Double shots
Chapter 7 - Swift speeds & rude gestures
Chapter 8 -Awkward question & enclosed elevators
Chapter 9- Modern penthouse & cold remarks
Chapter 10 - Misleading morning & assertive text
Chapter 11 - Changing clothes & frazzled friends
Chapter 12 - Night club & demanding dance
Chapter 13 - Hungover days & remembering reputations
Chapter 14 - Possible promotion & spilled yogurt
Chapter 15 - Lousy Lying & unfair offers
Chapter 16 - Quiet dinner & unexpected ink
Chapter 17 - Cold dinner & lost control
Chapter 18 - Red dresses & revealed rooms
Chapter 19 - Fiddling finger & taunting calls
Chapter 20 - Female version & Risky realizations
Chapter 21 - Morning altercation & craving kisses
Chapter 22 - Business bullshit & unplanned travel
Chapter 23 - Stuffed suitcase & letting loose
New cover and more chapter Tonight!
Chapter 25 - Childhood crushes & Whispering west
Chapter 26 - White wedding & fancy dancing
Chapter 27 - Sushi sessions & after all
Chapter 28 - Oversize office & exasperation
Chapter 29 - British boy & leaving
Chapter 30 - Mean movies & elegant earrings
Chapter 31 - Concrete curbs & two words
Chapter 32 - Stunned secretary & bowling bets
Chapter 33 - Cheap shoes & bowling balls
Chapter 34 - Hockey fun & fixing sleeves
Chapter 35 - Monopoly money & delivery
Chapter 36 - Sweaty skin & calloused hands
Chapter 37 - Nostalgic nickname & tracing thumbs
Chapter 38 - Charity event & window writing
Chapter 39 -Helpful housekeeper & dirty dancing
Chapter 40- Frustration & drunken dialogue
Chapter 41 - White wine & frozen peas
Chapter 42 - Maternal manner & hurt hands
Chapter 43 - Spilled spices & losing language
Chapter 44- Soapy suds & pretty purse
Chapter 45- missed messages & borrowed beanie
Chapter 46- Entire ecosystem and happy holidays
Chapter 47- Tiered tower and foreseeable future
Chapter 48- Heart rate & Hospital hallways
Chapter 49 - Mental mode & monday mornings
Chapter 50- morning mimsoa & seasonal snow
Chapter 51 - knocking knee & tired talk
Please don't be rude
Chapter 52- Stealing sushi & Paper piles
Chapter 53-Hamptons home & Mumbling mess
chapter 54-Liquor lips & blue bombshell
Chapter 55-snowman sweater & birthday boy
REMINDER THAT THIS IS NOT MY BOOK

Chapter 24 -Flirtatious flight & opening up

5.2K 97 27
By miki-mendes

I woke up a few hours later with a blanket spread over me, a pillow tucked under my head, and Shawn Mendes no longer beside me. I sat up with a reluctant groan and glanced around the cabin of the jet to find him crouched over the files with a pen stuck between his lips.  

"Hey," I managed softly, voice hoarse from just waking up. He barely glanced up from the papers in his hands.  

"Did you sleep well?"  

"Yeah. Are you working again?"

  "Yes," He huffed, finally glancing over to me. "Now are you going to continue to bother me or do you have something better to do?My face drew into a scowl as I stood up and stretched my arms over my head. 

"Where's the bathroom?" 

 "Out the door on your right."  I rolled my eyes at his cold tone and wandered out of the cabin, pushing open the door to the small airplane bathroom that was still somehow larger than my bathroom at home. It was even decorated nicely. I rinsed my face in an attempt to fully wake up before exiting.  

When I went back into the lavish cabin, Shawn' had one hand in his hair tugging on the ends, and the other tapping the pen quickly against the pages. A deep frown was pulled over his pretty face, the stress lines already back. 

"Shawn?" I called softly.

  He kept his eyes glued to the pages and began twirling the pen in his fingers, not losing concentration at all. "Hm?" 

 "I thought you were going to relax." 

 "I did. And now I am working, Norah," He replied coldly. 

I cautiously walked towards him until I was standing behind his seat, and then I let my hands rest gently on his shoulders. At first he flinched to my touch, but when I began rubbing my thumbs in slow circles, his shoulders relaxed. "Don't distract me." 

 "Come on, let's hang out," I said sweetly. 

I mustered up all the confidence I had gotten from being in control of him and having him moan under my touch, and leaned forward to rest my chin on his shoulder and pressing our cheeks together.  His face was soft against mine, the little hairs on his chin that he missed scratching me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and glanced down on the papers. They were filled with numbers and big words I didn't understand except for the ones with huge dollar signs.  

"That looks lame." 

 "Norah, I don't have time for this." 

 I chewed on my lip in concentration. "If you hang out with me now, I won't bother you on the way home."  

Shawn burst out laughing and tossed the papers onto the ground before turning around to face me. The boyish grin that reminded me of how young he really was lit up his face, making him more beautiful than ever. 

"You've got a deal, Norah. What is your idea of hanging out?"  

"You know," I mused, stepping around the chair and falling into his lap. "I wasn't really expecting you to agree."  

"Oh really?"  

"Really." I grinned.

  He rolled his eyes and stood up, causing me to yelp in surprise at the sudden movement, but kept his hands firmly under my back as he carried me. When he got to the couch, he tossed me down playfully before falling on top of me with a wicked smirk. 

 "Norah, Norah, Norah," He cooed, face inches from mine. My breathing hitched in my throat as one of his hands trailed up my arm and over my shoulder, finally stopping right below my jawline. "You always underestimate me. Why is that?" 

 "Do not," I maned weakly. "I mean, I do, but only when it involves having fun. I'm basically coercing you into relaxing with me." 

 "Do you remember when you snuck into my office."  I shoved him off of me with a playful grin as I sat up.

 "Yeah, and you kicked me out in a solid thirty seconds." 

 "If I recall correctly, I tried to fuck you first." 

 "Oh my god," I groaned, dropping my face into my hands in embarrassment. "You're so...vulgar." 

 "I think you like it."

  "Do not."  

"Yeah?" He cooed. I watched him warily as he leaned forward and nuzzled into my neck, giving me a quick pick on the sensitive skin and making chills run down my spine. "I think you like it when I say stuff like that. I bet you're actually really kinky, under all that innocence shit."

  "Shawn!" 

 He chuckled against my neck and pulled away, keeping our hands intertwined. "You didn't deny it."  

"Fine. I don't-" Before I could finish my sentence, he tackled me onto the floor of the cabin which was covered in a soft maroon carpet, somehow managing to catch me so I didn't hit me head, but at the same time keeping his body on top of mine. 

 "Are you going to finish that sentence?" He taunted. His earthy brown eyes were lit up in amusement. I stuck out my tongue and tried to wriggle out from underneath him, only for him to capture my arms and pin them above my head.  I scowled up at him. 

"I don't like when you-"  

This time he shut me up by pressing his mouth to mine quickly, tilting his head slightly to the side as we kissed. I wrapped my legs around his waist, locking my ankles behind him, and letting my hands tangle into the soft curls at the nape of his neck.  He pulled away all too son, causing me to pout at the loss of contact. 

"You have one more chance to say it."  I narrowed my eyes in challenge. 

"Fine. I don't like it-"  His lips were back on mine before I could even get halfway through the sentence. I shoved him off of me, causing him to roll to the side in a fit of giggles, clapping his hand over his mouth as he tried to control his laughter.

 "You..." He gasped. "You couldn't even..." 

 "I don't like it when you're vulgar!" I cut him off with a victorious shout. His deep laughs stopped almost immediately, and I was on my feet running behind a chair before he could do anything else. 

"I win!"  He stood up easily and brushed off his pants with a daunting smile. 

"Fine, you do. Now come here," He commanded, holding out his hand in a peace offering.  I shook my head furiously. 

"Oh fuck no. I'm not falling for your little innocent act, which might I say is failing horribly because you are the furthest thing from innocent. I bet the second I take your hand, you'll throw me back on the couch."  

"I was thinking more along the lines of fucking you on the couch, but that works too. And I do not think you are as innocent as you seem."  

"Knew it!" I smirked. 

"And so what if I'm not?"  He only gave me a slight shrug of his shoulders and started stalking towards me in the small cabin. As soon as I saw the look on his face, I regretted ever getting into the play fight for two reasons. One, because there was absolutely nowhere to hide. Two, because being stuck in a room with Shawn Mendes for more than an hour is never a good idea. And it'd already been at least four.  

He lunged for me as soon as he was close enough, and with a girlish shriek I was somehow able to duck around the other side of the chair and scurry across the plane cabin. His low groan filled the room as he turned around, narrowing his eyes on me.  

"I think we have been through this process before. You run, I catch you, and then we end up pressed against the wall," He said calmly.

 I bit down on my lower lip to hide the smile that was threatening to pull across my face. Shawn Mendes being playful was one of the most adorable things I had ever seen.  "Things can change, Mendes. You haven't caught me yet."  

"Norah, honestly," He sighed, taking another step closer. My eyes began searching the small area for an escape. To my left was the couch, and to the right was a small table that I could run behind and hopefully make it back to the other side of the room. 

"You should just go ahead and give up."  I scoffed and started pulling me hair into a ponytail to keep it out of my face. "In your dreams."

  "No, my dreams are mostly about you naked. And you know I love when your hair is in a ponytail."  He smirked as the color rose to my cheeks and took another step forward. My step backwards was inhibited by the door to the pilots cabin. I cursed it silently and attempted to make my escape, stepping quickly towards the side where the table was in hopes of circling around him.  My plans were smashed into dust when his arms wrapped around my waist and he picked me up off the ground, swinging me around triumphantly.  

"Let me down!" I squealed. He lifted me higher off the floor. 

"Shawn!"  

"Oh, you want to go down?" He teased. 

As soon as the words left his mouth, I knew his plan. I was tossed onto the soft leather couch, landing with a loud 'oomf' and followed seconds later by Shawn's muscular  body. He pinned my arms above my head with a triumphant grin. 

"I win."  My sassy reply was cut off by the door to the passenger area swinging open and the flight attendant walking in, seeing Shawn laying on top of me on the couch, stammering something as her cheeks turned bright red, and slamming the door back behind her.  I, on one hand, burst out laughing at the awkward situation. Shawn, on the other, was much less amused. As usual. He rolled off of me, all of the light that was there seconds ago gone from his perfect features. I watched quietly as he adjusted his collar and swung open the door to the cabin.  

"Have you ever heard of knocking?" He hissed.  The flight attendant took a step back, face turning almost a shade of purple.

 "I'm sorry, Mr. Mendes. I really didn't-"

  "Did not what? Think?" 

 "It was a mistake." She muttered helplessly.

  "No shit," He growled. "Now what could you possibly need?"

  The poor women looked as if she might cry. I chose this moment to step in behind Shawn, letting one of my hands rest on his back in an attempt to ease him, and giving her a warm smile. "Really, you don't need to worry about it. What's up?" I asked calmly.

  Her eyes flickered up to Shawn, whose wrath was now focused on me instead of her. I forced myself to breathe normally and keep my eyes trained on her. She licked her lips nervously before speaking. "I was wondering if you two were ready for lunch."  

"Yeah, that sounds great. Are you, Shawn?"  

"Yes," He seethed through clenched teeth. I winced as his hand tightened on my waist and he slammed the door in anger. As soon as it clicked shut, he whirled around on me. 

"What the hell? You just made me look stupid in front of my employees, Norah! You cannot do shit like that!" 

 "I- I just thought you were being too mean," I replied quietly. "She was about to cry."  

"Too mean?! She is my employee, she need to do her job right!"  

"Well you don't need to be such a dick to her! You're too rude to people!"  

"Because I sign their paychecks. I can say what I want," He snarled, turning away and heading back over to the single leather chair. 

"Now drop it."

  I groaned in frustration and went back to the couch, pulling out the magazine and once again faking interest in Demi Lovatos  rehab time. The room was deadly silent until a sharp tap on the door sounded through, followed by Shawn's barked command of 'enter!'.  The nervous flight attendant came in holding two plates, each with a club sandwich and chips. She handed one to me with a small smile and handed the other to Shawn, not making eye contact at all. I didn't blame her. 

"What to drink?" She asked in a small voice.  

"Water."  

"Jack and coke." Shawn  snapped. She left the room as quickly as she had entered, returning moments later with the beverages and exiting once again. I had a feeling that would be her final appearance until the flight ended.  Sometime after eating and reading, I fell asleep once again, my mind filled with thoughts of how easily Shawn could become angry. We were actually messing around and having fun until he had to start yelling at the poor women.  This time I was woken up by Shawn gently shaking me. 

"We're about to land." He said gruffly.

  I yawned in understanding and buckled in. Shawn sat across the aisle, a stack of files that he had obviously been reading while I was sleeping on the couch next to him. He almost looked nervous, fiddling his fingers together and chewing on his lower lip. 

 "So what's your mothers name?" I asked as the jet began its descent. 

 "Karen. Her and my little sister, Aaliyah, will be greeting us at the airport." 

 "Oh. Cool. What uhm...what do they think our relationship is? Like do they think I'm your...girlfriend?"  He turned his eyes on me with an indifferent gaze. 

"They will not ask. My business is my business."

  "Okay."  

The plane touched down after hours in the air, a time filled with sexual tension and then playfulness and then Shawn yelling at me. It seemed to have brought in all of the aspects of our relationship into a short little nine hour trip. I scowled at the thought as we pulled into the gate.  Shawn stared at me as I undid my seatbelt, then offered me his hand. I took it without another word, letting my sweaty hand slip into the cool smoothness of his palm until our fingers intertwined perfectly. His large hand covered mine, making my hands look absolutely tiny in his grasp as we hurried into the airport.  

"Can you slow down?" I groaned, tugging on his hand to get his attention. 

 "Sorry," He mumbled. "I am excited to see my family." 

 When the words left his mouth, he actually blushed and gave me an uneasy glance, as if he was embarrassed for the first time. I found it incredibly endearing, to the point where I halted in my tracks and leaned up to press a kiss to his lips.

  "Norah," He sighed softly. His free hand wrapped around my waist, pulling my body against his, as he once again pulled me into his protective grasp. My lips parted slightly as his tongue ran over my lower lip. The kiss ended with a soft peck to the corner of my mouth, and then he rested his forehead against mine.  I smiled and reached upwards to tuck a loose curl back into place, letting my hand linger a moment too long on his cheek. 

"You seem sort of...nervous."

  "I am not. I just haven't seen them in a long time because I'm always so busy with work, and my sister is almost 16 and my parents and I barely speak what if they are upset with me." He groaned. 

He then turned on his heel without waiting for my response, and didn't catch my mouth dropping open in shock.  We began walking through the airport once again as I tried to process the fact that Shawn Mendes just opened up to me about a personal matter. Even more so, he did it willingly.

  Right when I was finally getting over that, my mind was blown once again as he let go of my hand and enveloped the two pretty brunettes in front of us into tight hugs. Both their arms wrapped around him, and the younger one who I assumed to be his sister even let out a small sniffle. 

 "Shawny," She cooed, pulling away and wiping away the tears in the corner of her eye. "You look so old and serious." 

 He even had a god damn nickname. The thing about him greeting his family wasn't the hug, or the fact that they both cried at seeing him, or the use of the nickname. It was the fact that when he hugged the woman and young girl, he bent his knees until he was shorter than both of them and let them fawn over him completely.  They were the first two people I had ever met that Shawn Mendes had given complete, unquestionable, undeniable, control to

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 5.6K 35
She painted his life with color and he infused her soul with passion.
28K 470 32
He needs an assistant She needs a boss and a job He can be rude But sweet She is doesn't put up with his crap And he likes that
1M 43.9K 89
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
457K 9.5K 36
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.