Suit & Tie

By miki-mendes

Shawn Mendes. 24years old. CEO. Self-proclaimed millionaire. He's New York's most eligible bachelor. Every ma... More

Chapter 1- Cooling coffee & failed attempts
Chapter 2- False identity & Fear
Chapter 3 - Smug smile & Surprise tasks
Chapter 4 - Sweaty palms & Intense interviews
Chapter 5 -Erractic errands & stolen seats
Chapter 6 - Strong stares & Double shots
Chapter 7 - Swift speeds & rude gestures
Chapter 8 -Awkward question & enclosed elevators
Chapter 9- Modern penthouse & cold remarks
Chapter 10 - Misleading morning & assertive text
Chapter 11 - Changing clothes & frazzled friends
Chapter 12 - Night club & demanding dance
Chapter 13 - Hungover days & remembering reputations
Chapter 15 - Lousy Lying & unfair offers
Chapter 16 - Quiet dinner & unexpected ink
Chapter 17 - Cold dinner & lost control
Chapter 18 - Red dresses & revealed rooms
Chapter 19 - Fiddling finger & taunting calls
Chapter 20 - Female version & Risky realizations
Chapter 21 - Morning altercation & craving kisses
Chapter 22 - Business bullshit & unplanned travel
Chapter 23 - Stuffed suitcase & letting loose
Chapter 24 -Flirtatious flight & opening up
New cover and more chapter Tonight!
Chapter 25 - Childhood crushes & Whispering west
Chapter 26 - White wedding & fancy dancing
Chapter 27 - Sushi sessions & after all
Chapter 28 - Oversize office & exasperation
Chapter 29 - British boy & leaving
Chapter 30 - Mean movies & elegant earrings
Chapter 31 - Concrete curbs & two words
Chapter 32 - Stunned secretary & bowling bets
Chapter 33 - Cheap shoes & bowling balls
Chapter 34 - Hockey fun & fixing sleeves
Chapter 35 - Monopoly money & delivery
Chapter 36 - Sweaty skin & calloused hands
Chapter 37 - Nostalgic nickname & tracing thumbs
Chapter 38 - Charity event & window writing
Chapter 39 -Helpful housekeeper & dirty dancing
Chapter 40- Frustration & drunken dialogue
Chapter 41 - White wine & frozen peas
Chapter 42 - Maternal manner & hurt hands
Chapter 43 - Spilled spices & losing language
Chapter 44- Soapy suds & pretty purse
Chapter 45- missed messages & borrowed beanie
Chapter 46- Entire ecosystem and happy holidays
Chapter 47- Tiered tower and foreseeable future
Chapter 48- Heart rate & Hospital hallways
Chapter 49 - Mental mode & monday mornings
Chapter 50- morning mimsoa & seasonal snow
Chapter 51 - knocking knee & tired talk
Please don't be rude
Chapter 52- Stealing sushi & Paper piles
Chapter 53-Hamptons home & Mumbling mess
chapter 54-Liquor lips & blue bombshell
Chapter 55-snowman sweater & birthday boy
REMINDER THAT THIS IS NOT MY BOOK

Chapter 14 - Possible promotion & spilled yogurt

4.5K 99 15
By miki-mendes

I sipped on my third cup of coffee today and immediately spit it out. It had already gone cold without me even noticing. I was buried in my work, multiple portfolios to go through and I had to find a site for one of our fall photo shoots. My phone buzzed for what seemed to be the hundredth time. I swear it was mocking me. This time I actually picked it up, on the excuse that I needed a break, and ran immediately to Tyler's office, stumbling slightly over my chunky black heels. 

 "Shit Norah!" He squeaked as I entered, jumping out of his chair.

 "You scared me! What's wrong?" I held out my phone, frantically waving it in front of his face. 

"Take my phone! Take it, he's so annoying Tyler and I want to text him back! Please just take it!" Tyler smiled slightly and pulled the phone out of my grasp. I watched his face as he scrolled through the texts messages, mouth open in surprise.  

From: Unknown, yesterday 9:18- Norah. x 

 From: Unknown, yesterday 9:37- I would like to see you soon. 

 From: Unknown, 10:56- Dinner tonight. I will pick you up at 7. x  

From: Unknown, 11:01- Norah. 

 From: Unknown, 12:10- Norah, answer me. Now. 

 From: Unknown, 12:56- Are you okay? x 

 From: Unknown, 1:37- If you are ignoring me, that is very immature. Answer me. Now. 

 After a minute Tyler handed me the phone back with an amused smile playing at the corner of his small pink lips. I stood with arms crossed and stared at him helplessly. He cocked his head to the side.

 "Well, I think he wants you to text him back..." He giggled. 

 "Oh fuck off, Tyler!" I groaned, collapsing into his chair and spinning around in the swirly chair. I wanted one of these in my office, but knew I would be distracted by it too often. I twirled around once more until I was facing him again. 

"Take my phone away so I won't text him back. I have no self control." I shoved the device back in his face and he took it with a sigh, placing it in one of his desks drawers. 

"Why don't you just ask him I explain?" 

 "What's there to explain?" I scoffed. 

"He's hypocritical, and I'm not going to be sucked into his world."

 "You should have at least fuck-" 

 "TYLER!"

"Sorry," He giggled with a sheepish smile. 

"But on a more serious note, why don't you just text him and tell him to leave you alone?" I rolled my eyes and dropped my head back against the chair. 

"Have you even met the man? He's not going to leave me alone. He seems like he always gets what he wants. If I text him or whatever, I'll fall back into the hole. Not doing it." 

 "Maybe him and Cara were just talking? Maybe they're business associates." 

 "Maybe they were just talking," I mimicked in his tone. He narrowed his eyes and stood up off the desk. 

"Really Tyler, we both know they weren't just talking" He shrugged as he pointed to his door. 

"Maybe, Norah. Now get out, I have work to do." 

 "You're the worst best friend ever," I grumbled, giving him a light peck on the cheek as I walked out. 

"And feel free to flush my phone down the toilet or whatever." I walked to the break room and filled up another cup of coffee before going back to my office. The day was passing painstakingly slow, each minute ticking by slower and slower. It was like this yesterday too, as I sat and stared at my phone (or the texts from Shawn) and failed to get any work done. Clicking open my computer, I started to hate myself as soon as I typed his name into Google. A ton of new articles popped up and I clicked on various links, wondering what he was up to, even though that was the last thing I should be doing right now. 

 The first link was from Business Weekly again. Shawn Mendes, CEO of Mendes Enterprises, recently negotiated a merger with Johnson and Smith, making his company now the most powerful in New York, and arguably the entire east coast. He is estimated to be valued at 23.1 million, and only 24 years old. Mendes reps stated that he is still 'looking to expand' his company and is interested in 'many different areas of business'.' 

 My mouth dropped open at his net worth as I clicked away, this time going to the New York City gossip blog, where pictures of him posing in his dark suit were plastered on various pages, along with articles. 'Mendes was seen leaving with model Cara Delevingne, and was recently seen out with a mysterious brunette at multiple events. Who he is actually with is anybodies guess, but we all know he can get anyone he wants. With those looks and that bank account, the man is practically unstoppable.' 

 I groaned and decided to torture myself further by clicking on the images and drooling over ever single one. Those lips that were the perfect shade of red got me every time. My favorite feature was the playful, messy curls, which contradicted his entire personality. There was a slight knock on the door and Tyler let himself in.

"Stop googling him."

 "I am not!" I protested, clicking out of the tabs. "I told you I was done with him."

 He rolled his eyes at me. "Norah, I know you better than anyone and I know for a fact that pictures of Shawn Mendes in one of his damn suits is on your screen right now. Now come on, Victoria wants to talk to us about something."

 "No they aren't," I mumbled as I stood up. He raised an eyebrow and I held up my hands in defeat, shamefully avoiding his gaze. 

"I exited out of the tab when you came in." 

 "I knew it!" He teased, throwing an arm around my shoulder as we walked.

 "You're not allowed to do that anymore." 

 "I know. I need to find another super hot millionaire with a secret soft side somewhere," I scowled.

 "Oh wait." He rolled his eyes once again as we stepped into Victoria's large office. It was decorated much like Shawn's penthouse, everything black and white and modern, but her office had various red accents. A large desk dominated the room. She sat behind is casually, her black hair thrown over her shoulder. Victoria gestured to the two leather seats in front of her desk. 

"Sit, please. Both of you." We complied, sitting down quickly. I crossed my legs and then uncrossed then again, trying to find the least awkward way of sitting. She narrowed her eyes at me and I gave her a bright smile, trying to hide my nervousness. This was the second time Tyler and I had been called into her office. The first time was because we had broken the coffee machine, then left and blamed it on Aaron. Victoria wasn't very amused by that. I thought back quickly to what we could have possibly done to get us into trouble. Maybe she looked at my google search history, that would probably be awkward. Then she started talking.

 "As you two know, you've been interns for almost a year here," She started. "And somehow neither one of you have managed to get fired. Even more surprisingly, you two have done well. Very well. I'm giving you a final assessment and then we will be looking to hire you for permanent positions." 

 "Are you serious!?" I squealed. Tyler pinched my side and I dropped my clapping hands immediately. 

"I mean, what's the final assessment?" 

 "You two are going to put together an entire section of the magazine by yourselves. It can be whatever you want it to be, it just needs to fit in. Hopefully it will be good enough to actually make it in," She smirked.

 "You can work together. Now go, you have a week and a half to complete it." 

 "Thank you so much," I gushed, leaning over the desk to shake her hand. She gave mine a tight squeeze and Tyler followed my actions as we quickly left her office. 

"We won't let you down!" 

 "Let's hope not." As soon as he door shut behind us, we squealed and started jumping up and and down in circles, hands bound together. He lifted me off the ground and spun, both of us laughing maniacally. Tyler set me down with a wide grin on his face and we sprinted towards my office, knocking into a frazzled intern on the way. 

 "Sorry!" I giggled as she hit the wall. 

"I'm going to get promoted!" We collapsed onto the chairs in my office and tried to catch our breath.

 "Holy shit, Tyler," I panted. 

"Remind me to never run again. That was like, the most exercise I've gotten all year." 

 "I know," He groaned. "I'm just proud that I could actually pick you up. Maybe I'm stronger than I thought."

 "Asshole."

 "You know what I meant," The playful brunette giggled. 

"Oh my god, we have to start brainstorming. What are we going to do?!" 

 "I don't know, I have a ton of work to finish today first. We'll start tomorrow, okay?" 

 "Okay!" He agreed.

 "I'll start brainstorming and email you the ideas." I watched as he sauntered out of my office, bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet in excitement. Giggling stupidly, I turned back to the boring office work that I had to do today. As much as I wanted to start on our own section, I had to finish this first. After an hour, I realized I was no longer reading. I glanced back over the portfolio that my eyes had scanned, but my brain hasn't processed any of the words.

 "I need fucking Advil or something," I grumbled to myself. My hands were starting to get jittery from all the coffee I had had today, and my stomach was growling. I tossed the portfolio into the trash, assuming it must have been horrible if I couldn't focus on it, and walked to the break room. Alice was sitting at the table with Aaron when I entered. 

" i heard some people are getting a promotion!" She cheered. I laughed as I opened the refrigerator and dug out some yogurt. 

"Well, hopefully. If we don't mess it up." 

 "You won't. You and Tyler are a dream team," She pointed out. Aaron nodded in agreement beside her. 

 "True," I teased. 

"I've got a ton of work to finish, I'll see you guys later." I started eating as I walked back to my office, scooping the strawberry yogurt into my mouth. I tucked my legs up under me in my chair and let myself relax as a drop of the pink yogurt fell on my black blouse.

 "Great," I groaned, trying to wipe it off. I was about to attempt to lick it off my shirt when the same frazzled, high school intern who I had ran into earlier opened the door. I almost dropped the yogurt in surprise. "Haven't you heard of knocking?" I scowled, face turning bright red.

 "Uhm," She twisted her hands nervously. "A Mr. Mendes is here to see you."

 This time I dropped the yogurt in my lap as I jumped out of my chair. "No no no!" I glanced around wildly for a hiding spot in my small office.

 The only place possible was under the desk and I was too large for that. Damn it. "Don't let him in!! Tell him I'm in a meeting!" 

 "He said it was really important. And he knows you're not in a meeting, I told him you weren't busy," She mumbled quietly. 

 "I don't care!" I yelled, now trying to wipe the yogurt off my printed black and neon pants. "Get him out of here! Go lie your ass off!" She nodded quickly and was about to turn away when I heard his voice from outside the door. He spoke calmly and quietly, but in the most intimidating voice I had ever heard him use. 

 "Move," He commanded deeply. The young intern shot me a helpless look and scurried out of the room. I didn't blame her. I was about to sprint out of the room myself. My heart pounded madly and I tried to take a deep breath, only to have it catch in my throat and end up gasping for air. I was half coughing, half groaning, and still attempting to wipe the yogurt off of me when he entered. My eyes flickered up to his looming figure, and I almost fainted right there. Not only was Shawn Mendes extremely pissed off, with his jaw clenching and green eyes blazing, this was the first time I had seen him not wearing a suit

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 3.5K 62
April Dallas , Cameron Dallas's sister isn't a fan of social media .. Nor is she a fan of going to meet and greets. One day Cameron invites April to...
458K 9.5K 36
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
28K 470 32
He needs an assistant She needs a boss and a job He can be rude But sweet She is doesn't put up with his crap And he likes that
5.7K 290 44
Wren hated the fact she had a twin especially one who's best friend everyone has a crush on including her.