Suit & Tie

By miki-mendes

Shawn Mendes. 24years old. CEO. Self-proclaimed millionaire. He's New York's most eligible bachelor. Every ma... More

Chapter 1- Cooling coffee & failed attempts
Chapter 2- False identity & Fear
Chapter 3 - Smug smile & Surprise tasks
Chapter 4 - Sweaty palms & Intense interviews
Chapter 5 -Erractic errands & stolen seats
Chapter 6 - Strong stares & Double shots
Chapter 7 - Swift speeds & rude gestures
Chapter 8 -Awkward question & enclosed elevators
Chapter 9- Modern penthouse & cold remarks
Chapter 11 - Changing clothes & frazzled friends
Chapter 12 - Night club & demanding dance
Chapter 13 - Hungover days & remembering reputations
Chapter 14 - Possible promotion & spilled yogurt
Chapter 15 - Lousy Lying & unfair offers
Chapter 16 - Quiet dinner & unexpected ink
Chapter 17 - Cold dinner & lost control
Chapter 18 - Red dresses & revealed rooms
Chapter 19 - Fiddling finger & taunting calls
Chapter 20 - Female version & Risky realizations
Chapter 21 - Morning altercation & craving kisses
Chapter 22 - Business bullshit & unplanned travel
Chapter 23 - Stuffed suitcase & letting loose
Chapter 24 -Flirtatious flight & opening up
New cover and more chapter Tonight!
Chapter 25 - Childhood crushes & Whispering west
Chapter 26 - White wedding & fancy dancing
Chapter 27 - Sushi sessions & after all
Chapter 28 - Oversize office & exasperation
Chapter 29 - British boy & leaving
Chapter 30 - Mean movies & elegant earrings
Chapter 31 - Concrete curbs & two words
Chapter 32 - Stunned secretary & bowling bets
Chapter 33 - Cheap shoes & bowling balls
Chapter 34 - Hockey fun & fixing sleeves
Chapter 35 - Monopoly money & delivery
Chapter 36 - Sweaty skin & calloused hands
Chapter 37 - Nostalgic nickname & tracing thumbs
Chapter 38 - Charity event & window writing
Chapter 39 -Helpful housekeeper & dirty dancing
Chapter 40- Frustration & drunken dialogue
Chapter 41 - White wine & frozen peas
Chapter 42 - Maternal manner & hurt hands
Chapter 43 - Spilled spices & losing language
Chapter 44- Soapy suds & pretty purse
Chapter 45- missed messages & borrowed beanie
Chapter 46- Entire ecosystem and happy holidays
Chapter 47- Tiered tower and foreseeable future
Chapter 48- Heart rate & Hospital hallways
Chapter 49 - Mental mode & monday mornings
Chapter 50- morning mimsoa & seasonal snow
Chapter 51 - knocking knee & tired talk
Please don't be rude
Chapter 52- Stealing sushi & Paper piles
Chapter 53-Hamptons home & Mumbling mess
chapter 54-Liquor lips & blue bombshell
Chapter 55-snowman sweater & birthday boy
REMINDER THAT THIS IS NOT MY BOOK

Chapter 10 - Misleading morning & assertive text

5.5K 105 58
By miki-mendes

I buried my face into the scent of the pillows and tugged the soft blanket further over my head. The bed was the most comfortable bed I had ever slept in. I laid in silence until my alarm went off, warning me to get up and start my day. 

Reluctantly climbing out of the bed, I looked in the mirror to make sure I was semi presentable. My hair was in knotted waves and my makeup was smeared. I washed my face quickly before pulling my hair up into a bun and treading gently down the stairs.  I turned the corner of Shawn's large apartment slowly, half hoping he wouldn't be there. My stomach dropped in nervousness when I saw him sitting at the large kitchen table, tapping away quickly on a MacBook. 

 "Hi," I said shyly, tugging the ends of the shirt down further on my legs. His eyes raised quickly from the screen as he glanced up at me, a smile playing at the corner of his lips.

  "Norah," He greeted.

 "There is tea already made. Miss Jennifer will be here to cook soon."  I walked slowly over to the kitchen area, where a silver kettle sat, still steaming. A mug was already set out for me, along with cream and sugar. Shawn's eyes watched me cautiously as I poured myself tea and leaned against the kitchen counter.  

"Did you sleep well?" He asked.

  "Yeah, great. The beds really comfortable."  

"Good."  He sipped his tea and turned his attention back to his laptop. I tried not to stare as he stuck his tongue out in concentration, long fingers scrambling over the keyboard furiously. His head shot up after a few minutes.  

"Stop staring at me," He snapped. "It is very distracting, Norah."  

I blushed bright red and covered my face with my cup of tea. "Sorry."

  There was a light knock on the door as keys jingled, and an older women let herself in. She had on a simple grey dress and shoes. Her brown hair was streaked with grey, tied back in a loose bun. The women pulled open a closet and tied on her apron as Shawn watched her intensely.  She started humming to herself as she turned around, eyes widening when she saw him sitting at the table. 

"Oh, Shawn. I didn't know you'd be here this late. Why on earth aren't you at work?"  I flinched at her causal tone, expecting him to start yelling at her like everyone else. Instead, he smiled widely and his gaze flickered to where I stood, hidden in the kitchen area. 

 "I have a guest, Miss Jennifer," He said simply. Her mouth dropped open in shock as she scurried over to him and sat down at the table, her back still to me.  "What? She's still here?" She gasped. Shawn smirked at her.  

"Yes." 

 "Did you-" 

 "Jennifer," He warned, business tone starting to come in. The plump lady giggled softly, not looking scared at all of him. I decided to let my presence known, and cleared my throat. Jennifer turned in shock and took me in. A bright smile pulled over her face.  

"I'm Norah," I squealed. She ran over and hugged me, pulling me into her soft body and rocking side to side as I struggled to breathe. 

"It's nice to meet you."  She pulled away and held me at arms length.

 "Wow, you are just lovely. Is that Shawn's shirt?"  I glanced down at the oversize black t-shirt that clung to my body. 

"Oh, uhm, yeah. But we didn't, uhm. You know...we didn't-" I had no idea why I was explaining myself to this women. 

 "Miss Jennifer, could you start breakfast please?" Shawn cut in. 

"Norah is hungry."  She rolled her eyes at him and stepped past me, giving me one last squeeze on my arm before heading to the refrigerator. I awkwardly sat down next to Shawn at the kitchen table as she began to crack eggs and work around the kitchen.  He shut his laptop and glanced over at me.

 "I have work today." 

 "Yeah, I should go home soon anyways."

  "No," He scowled, fixing his red tie as he spoke. 

"I meant I will take you home after we eat, and I will pick you up later tonight when I am done."  

"Tonight?" 

 "Yes."

  "I kind of already have plans for tonight," I mumbled. His gaze hardened and he leaned in,  resting his elbows on the table. He scooter his chair closer before he spoke, curls dangling carelessly over his forehead.  

"Cancel them," He said lowly.  

"N-no. I already promised Tyler."  Something metal clattered to the ground. My head shot up to see Miss Jennifer scrambling around for a fork on the floor, a look of pure shock on her face. Shawn's gaze never left me, staring at me with his jaw clenched in anger.  I felt his smooth hand slide onto my knee under the table. 

"Norah, I would like for you to cancel your plans. I won't ask you again," He warner. 

 "I won't tell you again," I shot back.

 "I'm already going out with Tyler."  He squeezed my knee tightly before scooting back in his chair and standing up. His tall frame towered over me, sharp black suit making him look more intimidating than usual. I watched in silence as he picked up his laptop and grabbed a briefcase angrily.  Miss Jennifer looked nervous from where she stood over the store. 

"Shawn, don't you want your omelette?" She asked quietly as he hurried around the kitchen counter, setting his mug in the sink to be washed later.  

"Don't," He spat, leaning down to give his housekeeper a peck on the cheek. He turned back to me in anger and I flinched, holding on to my tea for comfort.  "I will be at your house at seven to pick you up," He scowled, stalking over to me. I froze as he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine passionately. Miss Jennifer looked just as surprised as I was.  

"I told you-" 

 "I will be there at seven," He hissed in my ear, coconut scented curls tickling my cheek. I bit my lip and didn't say anything back.  He pulled away with a smirk and trailed his fingers lightly across my neck. 

"Do not cover it," He whispered, indicating to the love bite. I was still trying to recover from the unexpected kiss as he walked away, slamming to door angrily behind him.  As soon as he was gone, Jennifer set a steaming omelette in front of me, along with another cup of tea, and plopped down in the seat Shawn had left. I slowly bit into my food and tried to avoid her curious glances. 

 "So Shawn likes you," She mused.  

I swallowed my food to keep me from choking. "Really? Doesn't seem like that," I muttered, stabbing the eggs angrily. 

 "I've never seen someone say 'No' to him."

 "Well, more people should," I answered bitterly. "

He's very controlling. You don't seem scared of him, though."  

"Because Shawn is a very sweet man, deep down. And if they want to live, I doubt they will say no," She teased, standing up from the table with a laugh and riding the apron around her large frame. 

"I was told that Mark would be here in about thirty minutes to take you home."  With that, she walked out of the kitchen, leaving me alone with my thoughts for a few minutes. I sighed in content and pulled out my phone, planning on scrolling through twitter as I ate. I almost dropped my phone in shock when I saw the 19 missed calls from Tyler. I quickly dialed his number, and he answered on the first ring.

  "Norah?! You never came home! This is Norah, right?" He gasped. 

 "Yeah, hey Tyler. Sorry, I...uhm, I slept at his house." 

 "OH MY GOD YOU FILTHY-"

  "Tyler!" I squealed.

 "I didn't sleep with him. I'll be home soon and tell you everything. Okay?" 

 "Fine," He sighed into the speaker.

 "I'll see you soon."  I finished my food and went back to the large bedroom upstairs to find my clothes. They were folded neatly on the edge of the bed, which was now made. I'd have remember to thank Jennifer for that when I saw her. Grabbing all my things, I walked back down the stairs, dialing the cab service with one hand.  A tall man in a black suit and cap waited in the extravagant foyer. 

"Miss Wilson, I've been told I'm taking you home this morning." He said briskly. 

 "I'm actually just going to call a cab," I shrugged. "So you don't have to worry about it. Thanks though." 

 He coughed awkwardly. "Uhm, Mr. Mendes insists that I drive you."  

"We don't have to tell him," I tried. The man purses his lips at me. 

 "The car is waiting downstairs, Miss Wilson. I'm Andrew, Mr. Mendes' driver," He stated. 

"May I carry your things?"  I clutched my precious dress to my chest. 

"No. I'm fine, thanks. And you can call me Norah."  

"Yes ma'am," He replied as we stepped into the elevator where Shawn had almost made me collapse the night before. I shuddered at the memory as the doors slid closed. When we got to the parking garage downstairs, a black Range Rover was waiting.  I grumbled in complaint as I climbed in, getting a small smile of amusement from Andrew before he shut my door. He started the car quickly and sped out of the garage. There was no music playing and it was an awkward silence.  

"So you're his driver?" I asked, trying to break it.  He nodded his head yes. 

"Yes, and I do various other things for Mr. Mendes." 

 "Will I see you a lot, then?"  His eyes flickered warily over me before going back to the road.

 "If you see Mr. Mendes, chances are that I will be there, yes."  

"Well, he's basically stalking me so I guess I'll be seeing you too," I mumbled. 

"Have you ever seen him be like, really nice to someone?"  

"I'd rather not talk about my employer, Miss Wilson."

  "Yeah," I agreed. "If he was my boss I wouldn't either. He's really scary. Hey, do you know where my apartment even is?" 

 "Mr. Mendes gave me the address," He replied curtly, completely avoiding the topic of the powerful CEO. I fiddled with the radio until her told me to stop. A few minutes later we arrived at my apartment complex. I gave him my thanks as he opened my door for me.  Jogging up the stairs, I let myself into our small apartment. I was greeted by the smell of fresh brewed coffee. Tyler squealed from the living room and ran towards me, tackling me into a hug. 

  "You're horrible!" He groaned as he hugged me. "Now tell me everything. And I mean everything. Holy shit, that hickey on your neck is huge!"  I blushed furiously as I pulled my hair over my neck, covering the bruise Shawn had left. Tyler dragged me to the couch and sat me down, handling me a cup of coffee which I eagerly sipped. I liked tea, but I'd much rather have coffee. I wouldn't tell that to Shawn though. 

 "Speak," He ordered playfully. Tyler tucked his feet up under his legs as he watched me with bright eyes and an expectant smile.  

"It was...different. We just talked and he was mean, but then he was nice and I don't know. And then he kissed me and gave me this," I started, gesturing to mark. "This morning was weird too. He was strangely nice to his housekeeper. Then he was mad at me and kissed me goodbye before storming out."

  "Is he a good kisser?" He asked with a mischievous grin. I started laughing and buried my face in my hands, thinking back to Shawn's lips controlling mine, making my entire body light up at his touch. 

"I'm going to take that as a yes." 

 "It's a fuck yes, Tyler. His lips are magical," I groaned.

 "It's very frustrating being around someone who is so prefect all the time. I don't thinks there's anything that man is bad at."  

"He probably makes horrible jokes."  

"Okay, so he has one flaw," I laughed. 

"That doesn't make me feel any better though."  My phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out, wondering who was texting me. It was probably Alice or Aaron confirming the plans for tonight, which Shawn was trying to cancel. I wasn't going to listen. There was a message from an unknown number which I tapped on.  

From: Unknown, 11:37- Norah, I hope you are home safe. I will see you at seven tonight. Do not cover the mark. And please wear your hair up, it looks nice like that. 

 To: Unknown, 11:38- How did you get my number? And I already told you I had plans. Stop trying to ruin them. 

 I groaned in frustration as I showed Tyler the texts and quickly added Shawn to my contacts. My phone buzzed quickly with his reply. 

 From: Shawn Mendes, 11:38- I don't think I would be ruining them. I think I would improve your plans, if anything. I will see you tonight. x 

 To: Shawn Mendes, 11:39- You think too highly of yourself, Mendes. And you didn't answer my question.

  From: Shawn Mendes, 11:40- How I got your number is not important. Stop distracting me now, I'm at work. x

  I could hear the scolding tone through his text. I pictured him frowning at his phone in frustration as he typed and giggled at the thought.

  To: Shawn Mendes, 11:41- You texted me first. And you're your own boss, I think you can get away with texting. 

 From: Shawn Mendes, 11:42- You have a smart mouth. It's very annoying.  

To: Shawn Mendes, 11:43- You're annoying. And you kissed me smart mouth, so I think you like to.  

From: Shawn Mendes, 11:43- Stop texting me. I kissed your smart mouth to make it be quiet. x

  To: Shawn Mendes, 11:44- You're the one texting me! x  

From: Shawn Mendes, 11:45- This is the last text I'm sending. Wear your hair up tonight or I'll be very angry. I'm already pissed about you refusing me, so don't make it worse for yourself. x 

 I groaned in frustration and looked up to see Tyler staring at me with a wide smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes as I stood, muttering a 'fuck off' to my very amused roommate, and headed to my room to pick out an outfit that would look good with my hair up. Having Shawn in a worse mood than usual is not something that I wanted to deal with tonight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 17.7K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
486K 30.5K 94
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
67.6K 830 31
Janessa Bree King was just another wide-eyed girl who was completely in love with Shawn Mendes. Little did they know that after one fateful meeting...
255K 5.6K 35
She painted his life with color and he infused her soul with passion.