Suit & Tie

Od miki-mendes

Shawn Mendes. 24years old. CEO. Self-proclaimed millionaire. He's New York's most eligible bachelor. Every ma... Více

Chapter 1- Cooling coffee & failed attempts
Chapter 2- False identity & Fear
Chapter 3 - Smug smile & Surprise tasks
Chapter 4 - Sweaty palms & Intense interviews
Chapter 5 -Erractic errands & stolen seats
Chapter 6 - Strong stares & Double shots
Chapter 7 - Swift speeds & rude gestures
Chapter 8 -Awkward question & enclosed elevators
Chapter 10 - Misleading morning & assertive text
Chapter 11 - Changing clothes & frazzled friends
Chapter 12 - Night club & demanding dance
Chapter 13 - Hungover days & remembering reputations
Chapter 14 - Possible promotion & spilled yogurt
Chapter 15 - Lousy Lying & unfair offers
Chapter 16 - Quiet dinner & unexpected ink
Chapter 17 - Cold dinner & lost control
Chapter 18 - Red dresses & revealed rooms
Chapter 19 - Fiddling finger & taunting calls
Chapter 20 - Female version & Risky realizations
Chapter 21 - Morning altercation & craving kisses
Chapter 22 - Business bullshit & unplanned travel
Chapter 23 - Stuffed suitcase & letting loose
Chapter 24 -Flirtatious flight & opening up
New cover and more chapter Tonight!
Chapter 25 - Childhood crushes & Whispering west
Chapter 26 - White wedding & fancy dancing
Chapter 27 - Sushi sessions & after all
Chapter 28 - Oversize office & exasperation
Chapter 29 - British boy & leaving
Chapter 30 - Mean movies & elegant earrings
Chapter 31 - Concrete curbs & two words
Chapter 32 - Stunned secretary & bowling bets
Chapter 33 - Cheap shoes & bowling balls
Chapter 34 - Hockey fun & fixing sleeves
Chapter 35 - Monopoly money & delivery
Chapter 36 - Sweaty skin & calloused hands
Chapter 37 - Nostalgic nickname & tracing thumbs
Chapter 38 - Charity event & window writing
Chapter 39 -Helpful housekeeper & dirty dancing
Chapter 40- Frustration & drunken dialogue
Chapter 41 - White wine & frozen peas
Chapter 42 - Maternal manner & hurt hands
Chapter 43 - Spilled spices & losing language
Chapter 44- Soapy suds & pretty purse
Chapter 45- missed messages & borrowed beanie
Chapter 46- Entire ecosystem and happy holidays
Chapter 47- Tiered tower and foreseeable future
Chapter 48- Heart rate & Hospital hallways
Chapter 49 - Mental mode & monday mornings
Chapter 50- morning mimsoa & seasonal snow
Chapter 51 - knocking knee & tired talk
Please don't be rude
Chapter 52- Stealing sushi & Paper piles
Chapter 53-Hamptons home & Mumbling mess
chapter 54-Liquor lips & blue bombshell
Chapter 55-snowman sweater & birthday boy
REMINDER THAT THIS IS NOT MY BOOK

Chapter 9- Modern penthouse & cold remarks

5.6K 124 86
Od miki-mendes

He led me through the modern penthouse as I took in the huge space. Everything was updated and sleek, the only colors it was decorated with were black and white. Huge glass windows looked out onto the New York skyline.  

"Do you like it?" He smirked, already knowing the answer. 

 "Uh, is that a question?" I scoffed. 

"This is seriously so pretty."  

"Thank you. More wine?"  I nodded eagerly at the thought of more alcohol running through my system, and therefore more boldness when it came to being around Shawn Mendes. He expertly opened a bottle and poured us each a glass. 

 He watched me as I sipped it. "Is it okay?"

  "It's amazing. You have the best taste in wine. Maybe we should invite you to Wine Wednesday," I teased.  

"Come. I'll show you around," He commanded, ignoring my previous comment with a frown. 

 I took his outstretched hand awkwardly and gripped onto my glass for dear life with my other hand. He showed me the downstairs, an open layout room with a very sleek looking kitchen, living room, and full bar. I nodded, impressed at the bar, and he rolled his eyes at me. 

 We turned a corner and ran into stairs. "I thought we were already on the top floor?"

  "No. This floor doesn't have an elevator going up to it, for security reasons," He explained as we walked up them. Each room was more impressive than the last. An office, a library, a guest room, and two full bathrooms. 

 "Do I not get to see the master bedroom?" I asked as we headed back to the stairway, leaving the last door at the end of the hall shut.

 "So eager to take me to bed, Norah. Please control yourself," He smirked down at me.  

"I was not- I-I didn't...I just wanted to see it," I stammered, blushing from embarrassment.  

"It was a joke, Norah."  

"Oh." I grinned sheepishly up at him and his eyes softened. He gave me a small smile back before facing forwards again as he led me down the stairs. Our hands had been intertwined the entire time, mine sweaty from nervousness and his cold and smooth.  

He led me to the leather couch and I sat down beside him. He leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees, staring at me intensely. I stared back and tried to figure out what to do with my hands, finally settling on my bringing my wine glass to my lips and draining it. 

 This time when Shawn smiled, his dimples showed. A low chuckle escaped his lips as he shook his head slightly. 

 "Are you laughing at me?" I poured. 

 "You're very awkward," He grinned.  

"Am not." 

 "Are too."  

"Am not!" I insisted.  A scowl pulled over his face. 

"Do not argue with me, Norah. It's very childish."

  "Why do you do that?" I snapped. His eyes narrowed at me and I managed to hold my ground even under his deadly glare. Thank you, wine. 

"Why do you go from playful to mean in half a second?"

  "You go from cute to annoying in half a second. It's only fair."  "You think I'm annoying?" I huffed. 

"Why am I even here? Take me home, please." 

 "Did you just choose to ignore the fact that I think you're cute? Stay."  

"You said that last time, Mr. Mendes. And now here you are being a dick again!" I groaned. He took the wine glass out of my hand and set it on the black coffee table, alongside his own. I flinched when he took my hands in his oversized ones and scooter closer, narrowing his eyes at me in anger. 

 "Call me Shawn. And I am not trying to be a dick, Norah. I want you to stay." 

 "I don't care what you want," I snapped. 

 He clenched his jaw, swiftly wrapping one of his arms around my back, and the other under my thighs, and pulled me onto his lap. I squirmed but he held my wrists firmly, waiting for me to calm down. I gave up with a huff and glared at him.  

"Do not be rude. And I know you want to stay. I do not understand why we are arguing." 

 "We're arguing because you're mean. And way too touchy. "

"You like when I touch you. You get goosebumps," He murmured, trailing one hand down my leg. His eyes focused on my pale thighs where, sure enough, goosebumps raised on my skin. I silently cursed my betraying body and shifted in his lap. He purses his lips at me. "Are you not comfortable?"!

  "Can we plead have a normal conversation?" I whined. "Please?" 

 Mendes stared back at me blankly in reply.  I stared back, eyes wide and trying not to break his gaze. After a moment too long, he leaned back against the black leather couch and pulled me to his chest. The scent that always seemed to accompany him comforted me.

  "I'm not used to this, Norah," He murmured. I nuzzled into his neck and shifted in his lap. His large hands tensed on my back. 

"Stop moving," He commanded. I could hear the frown in his voice. 

 "Sorry..." I muttered shyly. 

 "What would you like to talk about?"

  "I don't know. What do you do for fun?" 

 "I do not have time for fun, Norah. I work," Shawn snapped. Back to CEO Shawn.  I pursed my lips at his business-like reply. 

"You're telling me you never have fun? Seriously, Shawn?"  There was a long silence. I played with his grey suit buttons and waited for him to talk. His deep breaths were the only sound in the room. 

"That was the first time you've called me Shawn."  I playfully slapped his chest and sat up, grinning at him. He had an amused smile on his face. One of his curls fell into his face and I reached forward, planning on tucking it back in place. He flinched away from my touch and I quickly withdrew my hand, mumbling a soft 'sorry'.  

"It's okay," He whispered.

 "I'm just not used to that, Norah."  He gave me a slight nod of permission as I took a deep breath and tried again, keeping our eyes locked. I hesitantly ran my fingers through his thick wavy curls, tucking the fallen strand back in place. His jaw clenched as I let my hand fall away. 

 "You have no idea what you're doing to me," He said lowly. His fingers dug into my lower back and leg, sending shivers down my spine.  

"I-uhm..your hair is soft?"  The young CEO frowned and loosened his grip on me. He tugged his lower lip into his teeth as he thought. 

"For fun, I have sex. Or I play golf." 

 "I'm not going to have sex with you," I mumbled, blush creeping onto my cheeks. 

"And I'm shit at golf."  He smiled down at me, the opposite of what I had expected his reaction to be. 

"I know. And that does not surprise me."  I gave an awkward nod in response. He pulled his lip back between his teeth and knit his eyebrows together. When he spoke, his voice was strained. 

"You're the first women I've met who hasn't cried or fucked me in the first ten minutes of meeting."

  "Even your employees?" I asked cautiously, ducking my head to avoid his gaze. 

 "They would fall under the fucking category, Norah," He scoffed, twisting his fingers into my long hair and tugging slightly, forcing my gaze back to his. 

"Are you still scared of me?" 

 "A little bit," I admitted

  "Good. You probably should not come on another date with me."

  "Who said I was going to?" I teased as a slight yawn escaped my lips. 

 "I wasn't going to give you a choice," He smirked, eyes flickering over my face. 

"You're tired. Come, you can sleep upstairs."  With that, he stood up, placing one hand under my thighs and the other under my back and lifting me with ease. He carried me up the stairs, ignoring my protests with a roll of his eyes, and slowly sets me on my feet outside the guest bedroom. 

 "I'd rather go home," I muttered anxiously.  

"No. A driver will take you home in the morning. It is late."  I pursed my lips to keep myself from snapping back at him, knowing that hey arguing was hopeless and would just piss him off. He cocked his head to the side, as if he was waiting for me to give him a sassy reply. The moment was broken when his phone buzzed.  

"Mendes!" He snapped as a hello. He clenched his jaw at whoever was on the other line. "Do not ever call me past 8:00 unless it is an emergency. I told you I was busy tonight."  His deep voice was cold and business-like. There was another pause and his hand wrapped around my waist, pulling me to his chest. "I do not care. I specifically left instructions l that I was not blot be contacted for 5 hours. You're fired."  

With that, he shoved his phone angrily back in his pocket. I watched him warily as he leaned over me and pushed open the door. I opened my mouth to speak and received a piercing glare.  "Don't," He warned.  I nodded in understanding and stuck out my tongue at him. He frowned at my playful gesture. 

"I will bring you a t-shirt."  He turned on his heel and his long legs carried him away. I stepped into the guest bedroom, sinking into the soft bed and immediately pulling the uncomfortable high heels off my feet, letting out a soft sigh of relief and wriggling my toes. 

 "Better?" Shawn's raspy voice mused. Another yawn escaped my lips in response.

  "You should have told me you were uncomfortable, Norah," He scolded as he set a plain t-shit and boxers on the edge of the bed and stepped away. 

"You will tell me next time you are, yes?"

  "Yes," I sighed  Shawn gave me a curt nod before turning around and walking towards the door.

 He paused, broad shoulders tensing as his hand grasped the doorknob. He froze, debating with himself before turning back to me.  He walked to where I sat on the edge of the bed with a dark expression. I held my breath as he leaned down, bringing his head level to mine. His warm breath fanned across my cheeks and my eyes fluttered shut.  

"I'm going to kiss you now, Norah." 

 "But-"  

"It wasn't a question," he growled in my ear. 

My breath hitched in my throat and I froze. One of his hands gripped my waist and the other wrapped around the back of my neck.  Shawn's mouth was on mine in a second. I sat there, unresponsive, as his lips pressed against mine hungrily, begging for a reaction. A groan of frustration escaped his throat and he bit down roughly on my lower lip before pulling away.  "Kiss me back," He ordered in a throaty whisper, eyes taking me in with a cool gaze.  

The command was all I needed to pull me out of shock. Without another thought, I placed my lips back on his and pulled on the lapels of his suit, bringing him closer to me. His hands wound into my hair and tugged slightly. His teeth grazed down my jawline to my neck until he found my sweet spot, causing me to gasp.  Smirking against the warm skin of my neck, Shawn pushed me back into the bed, letting his body fall on top of mine while supporting himself with his forearms. I felt his broad muscles beneath my small hands and moaned softly as he began sucking right above my collarbone.  The gentleness only lasted for a second before he bit down again, harshly sucking and running his tongue over one spot, sure to leave a dark love bite. I shoved feebly at his chest in protest, but he growled against me neck and I gave up the futile attempts. 

 His mouth finally stopped its assault and kissed the purple bruise softly before pulling himself off of me gracefully. He stood up and fixed suit jacket before looking back down at me. I flinched away as he brushed the hair back off my neck, revealing the mark.  

"It looks nice on you. Do not cover it," He commanded, chest moving up and down quickly as he caught his breath. His eyes darkened as they took me in, still laying on the bed with swollen lip and messy hair. He ran his fingers through his now messed up curls.

  "A driver will take you home tomorrow. Feel free to shower and change here. I will provide clothing," He snapped. 

 Without waiting for a response, Shawn Mendes strode out of the room and slammed the door behind him. Flinching at the loud sound, I laid in bed and tried to calm my beating heart, which was going to potentially burst out of my chest at any moment.  After I caught my breath, I slipped out of the dress I had been wearing and slid on the soft t-shirt he had left me. The fact that it smelled like him was enough to give me butterflies. I huffed in annoyance, knowing his cologne probably cost more than my entire wardrobe.  I was also slightly annoyed with the large purple mark on my neck, but I'd forgive him for that due to the fact that when he wasn't being horribly demanding or rude, Shawn Mendes was actually kind of charming. Not to mention extremely attractive and a damn good kisser.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

9.9M 247K 62
The hall is still a little bit crowded but no one is paying attention to the girl with the crazy I-just-had-sex hair and no panties under her skirt...
1.4M 26K 47
She was gorgeous green eyes and curly locks just like her father. Her name... Darcy May Joy.
486K 30.5K 94
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
187K 3.5K 62
April Dallas , Cameron Dallas's sister isn't a fan of social media .. Nor is she a fan of going to meet and greets. One day Cameron invites April to...