Suit & Tie

By miki-mendes

Shawn Mendes. 24years old. CEO. Self-proclaimed millionaire. He's New York's most eligible bachelor. Every ma... More

Chapter 1- Cooling coffee & failed attempts
Chapter 2- False identity & Fear
Chapter 4 - Sweaty palms & Intense interviews
Chapter 5 -Erractic errands & stolen seats
Chapter 6 - Strong stares & Double shots
Chapter 7 - Swift speeds & rude gestures
Chapter 8 -Awkward question & enclosed elevators
Chapter 9- Modern penthouse & cold remarks
Chapter 10 - Misleading morning & assertive text
Chapter 11 - Changing clothes & frazzled friends
Chapter 12 - Night club & demanding dance
Chapter 13 - Hungover days & remembering reputations
Chapter 14 - Possible promotion & spilled yogurt
Chapter 15 - Lousy Lying & unfair offers
Chapter 16 - Quiet dinner & unexpected ink
Chapter 17 - Cold dinner & lost control
Chapter 18 - Red dresses & revealed rooms
Chapter 19 - Fiddling finger & taunting calls
Chapter 20 - Female version & Risky realizations
Chapter 21 - Morning altercation & craving kisses
Chapter 22 - Business bullshit & unplanned travel
Chapter 23 - Stuffed suitcase & letting loose
Chapter 24 -Flirtatious flight & opening up
New cover and more chapter Tonight!
Chapter 25 - Childhood crushes & Whispering west
Chapter 26 - White wedding & fancy dancing
Chapter 27 - Sushi sessions & after all
Chapter 28 - Oversize office & exasperation
Chapter 29 - British boy & leaving
Chapter 30 - Mean movies & elegant earrings
Chapter 31 - Concrete curbs & two words
Chapter 32 - Stunned secretary & bowling bets
Chapter 33 - Cheap shoes & bowling balls
Chapter 34 - Hockey fun & fixing sleeves
Chapter 35 - Monopoly money & delivery
Chapter 36 - Sweaty skin & calloused hands
Chapter 37 - Nostalgic nickname & tracing thumbs
Chapter 38 - Charity event & window writing
Chapter 39 -Helpful housekeeper & dirty dancing
Chapter 40- Frustration & drunken dialogue
Chapter 41 - White wine & frozen peas
Chapter 42 - Maternal manner & hurt hands
Chapter 43 - Spilled spices & losing language
Chapter 44- Soapy suds & pretty purse
Chapter 45- missed messages & borrowed beanie
Chapter 46- Entire ecosystem and happy holidays
Chapter 47- Tiered tower and foreseeable future
Chapter 48- Heart rate & Hospital hallways
Chapter 49 - Mental mode & monday mornings
Chapter 50- morning mimsoa & seasonal snow
Chapter 51 - knocking knee & tired talk
Please don't be rude
Chapter 52- Stealing sushi & Paper piles
Chapter 53-Hamptons home & Mumbling mess
chapter 54-Liquor lips & blue bombshell
Chapter 55-snowman sweater & birthday boy
REMINDER THAT THIS IS NOT MY BOOK

Chapter 3 - Smug smile & Surprise tasks

5.3K 113 17
By miki-mendes

I somehow made it home without collapsing. I stripped out of the borrowed dress that no kinder made me feel unstoppable and slid off the Louboutins. I started a bath and grabbed a glass of wine, climbing in the warm water.

It relaxed me immediately. I soaked for almost an hour before getting out, fingers wrinkled from being in for so long. I shrugged on my favorite oversized sweater over over my underwear, grabbed my teddy bear and ice cream and collapsed on the couch.

I heard the door open and winched, knowing I was about to get yelled at by Tyler. He walked in and stopped at sight of me, looking me over as I smiled weakly.

"You have your teddy bear, ice cream, and wine. Spill. Now," he commanded immediately, dropping his laptop case and sitting down next to me. I passed him the ice cream and he dug in as he waited for me to talk.

"I guess I got the interview," I said quietly.

"Oh my god!" He squealed. "It was that Valentino dress, I'm telling you babe! Was he hot in person? Did you touch his hair?"

"Tyler-"

"Seriously. When is it? I better be allowed to be in the room with that beautiful man"

"TYLER!"

"What?" He scowled, taking another bite of ice cream.

"First of all, he was fucking perfect in person. Like I don't even think that man is real. Second of all, he's Canadian. Of course his voice is sexy as fuck. Of course. Third, the damn suit he was wearing was fitted perfectly. It was custom Gucci, Tyler. Custom. Gucci."

Tyler's mouth dropped open and he tried to speak but I held up a hand, telling him to stop.

"But he was....cold?" I tried. "No that's not- he was intense."

"What do you mean?"

"He basically called me out on my bullshit in the first minute, then scared me, then pissed me off. And then he was like pushing me against the door-"

"AGAINST THE DOOR!?"

"Tyler! Let me finish," I scolded. He sighed as he took another bite of ice cream. "He was in my face and said, and I quote 'I don't think I scare you. I think I excite you. I think you want to fuck me'. And I denied it, and he told me I was lying."

"Were you lying?"

"Obviously. He's is god damn angel. But he's scary. And he's mean. He was such an asshole," I finished quietly.

He looked at me with sympathy as I hugged my teddy bear closer, then he reached over and pulled me into his chest. I sighed and snuggled up to him, draining my wine glass with one last gulp.

"I'm sorry babe," He cooed. "I didn't know it would be that bad."

I groaned in frustration and dropped me head into my hands. "That's the problem. It was horrible. But at the same time I was so indescribably attracted to him...I don't even know how I made it home without fainting."

"Well, don't let him know you are and it'll be fine."

"But he knew! He totally knew, and he was smug about it. He read me like a book. It was the most intense interaction I've had with any male, like ever, and we were barely touching."

"Sounds like you need to get laid," Tyler laughed. I glared at him and he changed his tone quickly. "So when is the interview?"

"Friday."

"Well you probably won't even have to see him. And it'll totally be worth it when you see that smug smile wiped off Victoria's face."

"I guess you're right," I answered with a small smile while I imagined her look of shock. "Will you make me pancakes?"

Tyler laughed at my mood change that he was used to by now and stood up as I followed him to the kitchen. As usual, he pulled on his hot pink chef's apron before he started.

I poured us each a glass of wine and sat at the kitchen counter as I watched him work his magic around the kitchen. In 10 minutes, I had a huge stack of perfect golden brown pancakes sitting in front of me.I dug in as Tyler sat next to me, eating and drinking together happily as I tried to get my thoughts off of Shawn Mendes ' piercing gaze.

* * * *

The next day at work, I waited impatiently for our 2:00 meeting so I could tell Victoria I got the interview. At exactly, 1:54, Tyler stormed into my office, two cups of coffee in one hand and tugging at his lavender bow tie with the other.

"This thing is on way too tight," He groaned. "Meeting in 5, hurry so I can see Victoria's face when you tell her. Seriously, it's going to be so great."

I laughed and stood up, grabbing the files needed and my laptop. He handed me my coffee and I hugged him tightly in appreciation before following him out of my small office. We walked down the hallway silently, sipping our coffee and tapping away at our phones.

"This wannabe model just tried to get in on tomorrow shoot," I scoffed. "In her portfolio she's wearing an Abercrombie dress."

"Shut up! Lemme see," Tyler laughed, grabbing my phone and looking through the pictures. "How about no."

I giggled as we walked into the meeting room. Alice was the only other one in there. I took a seat beside her and saved one for Victoria beside me, Tyler from across us.

"Alice, do you have the pattern swatches Victoria was asking for?" I questioned as I opened my laptop.

"Yeah, what are there even for?" She asked as she handed them over to me.

"Dunno. I think the August shoot that Aaron is organizing," I answered. On cue, Aaron entered the room with his laptop in hand.

"Please tell me you have the swatches for Victoria," he begged as the collapsed in the chair next the Tyler. I held them up with a smile. "Oh thank god. Alice, you're a lifesaver."

"I know," she teased. "Oh my god, did you hear that Ralph Lauren himself might be coming to the show next Friday?"

"Shut up!" I gasped. She smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, I heard Victoria talking on the phone about it. It's going to be huge!"

The fall fashion show was right around the corner. Everyone was on edge about it as we tried to get latest minute details sorted out, as well as the next issue. We were all talking excitedly about the show when Victoria walked in, dressed head to toe in black. We shut up immediately as she sat down.

I handed her the fabric and a page of notes on today's meeting which she glanced at before looking around. "Everyone here? Good. Let's talk about the issue. Alice, I take it your article is ready to go."

"Yes, it'll be on your desk by the end of the day,"

"Good," she snapped. Aaron, is everything for the shoot tomorrow planned out? It needs to go quickly. We only have the photographer for 3 hours."

"It is. One model canceled but I got her equally talented sister to stand in. They look just alike, so it won't mess with the shots."

"Hm. Tyler?"

"Yes?" He answered immediately.

"Your idea on leather. Have you found pieces we could use?"

"I have most of them. A portfolio is being made as we speak and I've already sent out emails to the designers in request."

"Okay. All the writers have already been talked to. Everything for this issue seems to be running smoothly. Oh wit, Norah," she said in a mocking tone. "Have you tried to get that Mendes interview yet?"

I nodded in response and bit my lip, hoping to look a little bit distraught.

"And?" She prodded. I could see the smirk playing at her lips. I sent a sideways glance to Tyler who was grinning evilly.

"I got it," I announced proudly. Murmurs filled the meeting room as Victoria's mouth dropped open in surprise, smirk gone from her face as she stared at me. It only took a few moments to recover, but the look in her face was priceless.

She raised her head once again and turned back to her papers as if it wasn't a big deal. "Good. And when is it?"

"Friday at 11. I was thinking Alice could do the interview. She's out best writer and I know she's come up with some great questions."

"Hm, I was thinking that you could do the interview. It'd be your first big assignment as an intern. Not too important, but important enough."

My stomach dropped at the thought. I turned to look at Tyler and he gave a slight shrug of the shoulders. I knew I didn't have a choice. "Uh-uhm. Yeah. Okay. I c-can do that," I stuttered. "Could, uh, could Tyler be in there to help take notes?"

"Whatever," she relied with a wave of her hand. "Now about next wells show...."

I zoned out for the rest of the meeting, already fearing the moment when I had to see Shawn Mendes again. I would be stuck in a room with him for at least an hour, asking him questions. The only thing that was helping me was the thought that Tyler would be in there with me. Maybe Mendes would be less intense.

But he didn't really seem like he type of person to let anyone stop him from doing what he wants. When the meeting was over I rushed out immediately, shutting myself in my office and opening up my laptop. Tyler knocked on my door and I yelled for him to go away.I found myself on Google, looking at pictures of Shawn Mendes instead of thinking of questions to ask durning the interview. Damn him. Damn him for being so attractive

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 3.5K 62
April Dallas , Cameron Dallas's sister isn't a fan of social media .. Nor is she a fan of going to meet and greets. One day Cameron invites April to...
5.7K 290 44
Wren hated the fact she had a twin especially one who's best friend everyone has a crush on including her.
3.1K 54 6
I'm looking for a room to stay in London and it couldn't get worse. Then I stumble upon an ad that suggests "bed sharing". There's no harm in that ri...
26.3K 2.3K 89
Sometimes life gives you what you need, even when you didn't know you needed it. This is a Shawn Mendes book with adult content. Do not read if you a...