Locker 17

By StylesRoyalty

"It's hard letting go. I'm finally at peace but it feels wrong." {Under going editing. It's being rewritten f... More

Locker 17
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Alternate Ending

The Final Chapter

164K 6.6K 50K
By StylesRoyalty

Songs for this chapter -

One - Ed Sheeran ( I recommend this song more than any of these.)

All Comes Down - Kodaline

Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran

Photograph - Ed Sheeran

Side note: I have no idea how this happened, but today is October 18th, the date Louis and Harry started their relationship in this story and I find myself posting the last chapter of this story on the same day. Maybe it was meant to be, who knows? Coincidence perhaps?

*Harry's POV*

Hour and hours passed by, the two men reminiscing, telling their story to the people that surrounded them and took part in their lives. Before they knew it, everyone was listening, so attentive to how they came to be. With their little boy and girl sat down in front of them, listening, staring in admiration, so intrigued by what their parents went through to be where they are today. So many years had passed, and this was the first time they actually sat down and relived the moments in their heads. Nine years, nine years was all it took to be sat here today, telling their unique love story to their children and everyone around them. There was nothing that could make this moment better than it already was. Through all the hardships, they finally settled, they lived, and they were happy. They got their wish, but Harry was about to make the last one come true.

"What happened then, Daddy? Don't stop!" little Eva asks as she sits quietly on the floor, looking up at me.

"Everything that I ever wished for happened," I say, looking up and around at our guests that surround us. There couldn't be a better time to reminisce about how beautiful our journey has been. With everyone who ever took part in what my life is today, are found sitting around.

Niall is sat next to his fiancé, Lexi. Zayn is standing next to his wife, holding her hand tightly while Lily and Marie are accompanied by their husbands, Luke and Aaron with children. Angie, the one who made it possible to have kids of our own, is seated on the floor next to William, our little boy. Angie gives me a thumbs up, assuring me everything will be fine. My mother and her fiancé are sat next to Johannah and Thomas who have nine-year-old Leah right by their side.The warmth the room brings with all the people that could be here, is so humbling. Though I wish Liam and Dominic could be here to experience the moment, but they're both watching in some way, I'm sure. Paying tribute to Dominic by having William's middle name as his, makes up for part of it. They've been missed quite a lot, but now isn't the time to shed tears of sadness, but of joy.

Looking around, taking the sight in, observing everyone one by one, little William speaks out to turn my attention to him. "Daddy," he calls, as I turn my head downward to look at him from his place on the floor, "Do you still love poppa as much as you did before?" he asks. At seven years old, it astounds me how attentive he's been this whole time, listening to how Louis and I came to be. His curiosity behind the question sends a sense of peace and love, a feeling that I can't help but smile at it.

"I have the same question," Louis, who's sat down next to me, speaks up, shooting me a half-smile with raised eyebrows. I shift my body to face his, reaching out to hold his hand.

"You'll find out soon," I whisper, letting go of him. If only he knew, if only.

"Poppa," Eva calls out to Louis, "is that ring on your finger the same one that daddy was just talking about, the one from the hospital?" She points at Louis' hand, tilting her head slightly in curiosity.

"Exactly the same one," I answer for Louis.

"Isn't it a little old?" she giggles, covering her mouth with her tiny little hands. Everyone in the room laughs with her, filling the room with laughter.

"Yes," I speak over the laughter, "but it looks new, so what does it matter?" Louis laughs quietly, trying to cup his mouth. To this day, his smile only shines brighter than before, and he still takes my breath away.

"Stop teasing your daddy, kids, give him a break," Louis says, looking over at me, still laughing. Eva giggles softly along with William, until I call them over, signalling them with my index to come over to me. They both stand up off their little feet, running to me, both their hands behind their back.

"Yes daddy," they both say simultaneously, with their chins up, smiling from ear to ear.

"You know what to do, right?" I ask them. They both nod their heads, then run outside, calling Louis to go after them. Louis rolls his eyes and hurries out after them, oblivious of what they're doing.

With Louis out of the house, I take advantage of the time, standing to my feet in front of everyone. All of them look up, smiles cover their faces as if they knew what my intentions were, which I'm pretty sure they do. I know for a fact Niall and Zayn have been in on all of this, after all they were the ones who I told the surprise to first, and they honestly couldn't be more relieved.

Taking one deep breath in, hurrying up to give the speech I have to to them, I clear my throat once before speaking. "First of all, I want to thank everyone who attended today. I can't thank you enough for making it to Eva's birthday party, she turned five just in case you didn't pick up on the huge number '5' on the cake. But, I also want to say that seeing all of you guys here after years made me realize two things. One, I should've made more friends in high school, at least ones that weren't a threat to me being a good person or my relationship," laughs fill the living room once more, "Two, it made me realize that if it wasn't for all of you guys, I wouldn't be where I am today and I certainly wouldn't have the family I have now, so thanks for that too. I believe everything happens for a reason, good and bad, and this proves it. Umm, I should be thanking everyone individually but I don't think Louis will be out of the house for long, if lucky I only have five minutes. In the meantime I will thank Niall for being my wing man for all these years, thanks." Niall tilts his head down, the glass of wine in his hand. "Zayn, though we might have not had the best step-brother relationship out there at the beginning, I'm glad we met amends and you're the best step-brother I could ever imagine having." Zayns smiles and mouths "me too" once I thank him. "Angie, if it weren't for you, Louis and I wouldn't have Eva and William today, so thank you for giving us that opportunity. Mum, thank you for raising me to be the man I am today. Johannah, Thomas, thank you for having and raising the man I'm I've been in love with for so many years, and years to come. Without your consent, Johannah and Thomas, this wouldn't be happening, thank you." Tears roll down Johannah's face, Thomas reaches to hold her closer, both of them thank me as well. "Now, if it isn't obvious, I'm about to do something I've been wanting to do for such a long time. That's part of the reason why you guys are also here, so I couldn't be happier that you could all make it."

Niall and Zayn walk over to me, each of them on either side of me. "Finally," whispers Niall, patting my back, his other hand still holding the glass of wine.

"Are you ready?" Zayn asks, looking over at me. His smile becoming a sense of relaxation.

From the corner of my eye, I see Louis walking back inside the house, holding Alex and Eva by their hands. Gulping, I take a deep breath in and say, "As ready as I'll ever be." Niall and Zayn leave my side, walking back over to their finacé and wife, leaving me standing in the middle of the room, surrounded by everyone who's about to witness one of the best moment of my life.

Louis talks as he walks in with the kids, "Kids are a handful these-"

"Louis," I interrupt him, stopping him from talking when he looks up at me. He looks around, staring at everyone in the room with watery eyes.

"What's going on?" his facial expression quickly changes to of worrisome. Oblivious, as always.

I walk over to grab his hand, pulling him to the center of the room. William, behind Louis, waves the little black box in his hand, quickly hiding it behind his back before Louis sees it. Smiling at him, he nods his head and waits for the "go" signal.

"Harry, why does everyone look like they're about to cry?" he asks, whispering.

"Because they will in a few minutes," he's taken aback by my answer, furrowing his brows.

Before he's able to say anything, I speak up for the moment I've been waiting for for so long.

"I remember playing in your backyard when we were about seven and it was somewhere around that time that I developed a feeling that I couldn't quite understand. At the age of seventeen, I saw you for the first time in ten years, pinned up against a locker in the hallways, ready to get beat and I saved you. Believe it or not, in that moment, when it was just us two in the hallways I got that same feeling when we were seven again, and I don't think I'd felt that feeling since, and I still didn't know what it was. It wasn't until a few months later when I started to get an idea of what that feeling was. Once I found out what I was feeling, I didn't hesitate in telling you. If I remember correctly, which I'm sure I do since it was one of the best moments in my life, we were out in front of your house and you had asked me where we stood. When you asked me that, I was stuck, tongue tied, knowing what to say but I couldn't get it out, but the moment I did, it felt like what this feels right now," Louis' lips begin to part as he realizes what this is. He doesn't say a word, allowing me to continue speaking, both of his hands in mine, I look down at them, trying to keep myself from choking on my words.

"So much as has happened since we were seventeen, unimaginable things. We've both been through hell, the worst kind, yet we're here now. The hardships we've had to face through all these years, make us who we are today and give us the life we have. For example, the moment I found out you were dying, and I was crying on the hospital floor, pounding the walls, I couldn't stop thinking about what was going to happen to my future. No matter what I did, what I though, you would somehow end up taking a part in what I wanted in the future. I guess it was a moment of life that served as a reality check, opening my eyes and realizing that I didn't know what I could be without you, I'm nothing. I thought about a future together, having kids, being married, growing old together, and out of all those things we've only accomplished one, but I'm ready to accomplish the rest if you allow me. You're probably asking yourself why I've waited so long to do this, I swear I have a good reason for it. When I found out we were able to have kids of our own, with the help of someone to carry them for us, I knew it wouldn't be right if I took the fast approach. The only reason I've waited this long for this, is only because I wanted Eva and William to be old enough to remember this moment, and cherish it. Because trust me baby, if it weren't for that, I would've done it in a heartbeat years back. But we're here, right now, and that's all that matters. With that, I think it's time to begin this moment that we will cherish forever."

My heart beats at the fastest pace it ever has. Memories of years passed flash in front of my eyes, all the times Louis has stood in front of me like this, just not because of this. So many thoughts clash into my head, making this moment more emotional than I thought it would. I guess it's a good thing. The fact that all these amazing moments are crossing through my head while I'm standing right in front of the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, it's all overwhelming.

With my palms sweaty and shaky, I still hold on to Louis' hands as I feel his heart beat palpitate through his hands. Both of us nervous as can be, continue to stand, though our feet feel like they're about to give up any second.

"You have been the best thing that ever happened to me, without you, I wouldn't have the two other best things in my life, our children. Words can't express the way I feel for you, but the closest words that can are that I love you, I always have, I always will. I know that for a fact. We've been together for nearly ten years and you still manage to take my breath away. If you have someone who's able to do that everyday when you wake up next to them, they're keepers. It's been nearly ten years and to this day I can still say that I've never loved anyone as I've loved you. Louis, you're the most amazing person that I've ever met. Not only are you my partner, but my best friend too. We joke around when we can, we're serious when we have to, and it's good to have that. Life has become worth living, it's become fun, and it's given me hope. Hope that we'll stick through thick and thin like we have in the past, now with our two beautiful children. With that said, I don't think I want to live the rest of my life like this, just partners. I want us to grow old, I want us to watch are children grow up together, most importantly, I want to spend the rest of my life with yo by my side." My voice has become shaky, but I've managed to keep talking. The tears rolling down my face haven't stopped, neither have Louis', or anyone's in the room. Sniffling sounds fill the room.

Looking over Louis' shoulder, I signal William to come. He runs over with the small black box, Louis quickly taking notice of it.

Dropping to one of my knees, I open the small box, holding it up to Louis and say, "Louis, will you spend the rest of your life with me by marrying me?"

I look up at Louis the moment he says "In a heartbeat."

Quickly standing to my feet, I slip the ring engraved with the same three words as the last one, this one ten times better. My hands shake uncontrollably but I manage to put it on him. Everyone in the room is cheering, but it's like it's only me and Louis in the room, us alone. Cupping his face, I crash my lips against his, out tongues and lips moving in rhythm. The room spins around, it's just us two.

"Let's celebrate!" Niall yells, opening a bottle of champagne. I look around to find everyone jumping up and down, hugging one another, all happy. Zayn turns the music up, a slow song plays in the patio. Everyone rushes outside, ready to hold their partners close under the moonlight. Grabbing Louis' hand, I pull him outside, bringing him closer to me.

"I love you so much," he breathes, cheeks still wet. Eyes locked together, I bring him closer, our chest touching, with my hands on his waist, I tap his lower back three times with my finger, tap, tap, tap. We dance, so slow, so graceful, so beautifully. Niall and his fiancé, Zayn and his wife, Johannah and Thomas, my mother and her new husband, and the rest all dance, enjoying the peace of the night under the moonlit sky.

Eva and William run up to Louis and I, arms raised asking to be carried. I let go of Louis as Louis does the same, both of us picking one of them up. Louis picks up William while I pick up Eva, and once again, I bring Louis closer, this time continuing to dance with our two children in our arms.

Everything that I ever wanted happened. I struggled through life but I've made it. Everyone is faced with hardships at some point, but those hardships are what bring out the best in us, the things that make us who we are today. Throughout life you'll be faced with all things bad and good, but in the end they pay off. You could be sitting in a room, feeling so helpless and alone, when you have no idea that in the future you'll be married and have two wonderful children with the love of your life. Good things come to those who wait, those who face the struggles of everyday life, to someday prove that it all works out in the end. Now I'm stood here dancing under the moonlight with my whole life in front of me and this is a moment I wouldn't trade anything for. Sometimes all you need to keep going is a little tap, tap, tap.

THE END

Epilogue

It wasn't until a year after Harry proposed that Louis and him had their wedding. Months of preparation went into planning the wedding. Thankfully gay marriage was approved in the UK seven months prior to the wedding, making everything that happened possible. The celebration was filled with everyone that ever took part in Harry and Louis' life, even Noah. No, Noah wasn't there to crash the wedding, but to introduce his fiancé, Jonathan, and to apologize for everything he had ever done, for good this time.

Niall went on to marrying his fiancé, creating four children soon after. Zayn stayed as he was, with a few complications with his relationship. Johannah and Thomas grew old and were known as the happiest couple in Holmes Chapel, while Louis and Harry were just that but in their small neighborhood in London. Anne and her fiancé got married as well, living a happy and healthy lifestyle. Leah, Louis' step-sister, grew up to be an art teacher.

Just as Harry wanted, he grew up with Louis, watching both their children grow. Eva went on to become a successful lawyer, just like Harry had become. She went on to marry a man she met during her time at uni, and ended up having three children, making Louis and Harry grandparents.

William didn't follow in Louis' footsteps in becoming a literature professor, but instead became a culinary expert and went on to live a successful life. Unlike Eva, he went on to marry his high school sweetheart, Ruby. They both went on to have two children.

As for Harry and Louis, they watched the world grow old just like they did. There wasn't a day that would pass where they didn't mention how much they loved each other. Every year for 58 years, on the same day, Harry would propose to Louis all over again. They went on to renew their vows twice before passing. At the age of 85, Harry passed due to age. Two months after Harry's death, Louis passed due to stress-induced cardiomyopathy. The gap between both of their deaths wasn't long, proving that they couldn't live without the other.

Sometimes life is full of unexpected things, but you need to learn to make the best out of them and not let them bring you down. Everything happens for a reason and everything has its rewards.

...................

Final Author's Note,

Dear readers,

I want to thank everyone who has read this fanfic of mine. To this day, I still can't believe how far it's come. This little fic went from 1k to nearly 13 million reads in the time span of 11 months, which is surreal. Yes, 11 months, nearly a year is how long I've been writing this fanfic for, it's crazy, it really is. Though I've been through struggles throughout this fanfic, I've been faced with criticism, hate, and many more bad things, I've managed to use that and grow as a writer. I will admit, I'm not the best writer out there but hey, I'm just an amateur, I'm still learning, and I will continue to learn.

Thank you all for being such amazing people and giving me the motivation to continue writing this fanfic which means the world. Hopefully you guys like the ending of this, it's a little different than what you guys expected but it's better right? Haha.

You guys have been great! Hopefully we stay in touch on twitter! I will be writing more fics soon, so the wait won't be too long! Oh and I will be posting and alternative ending of this fic soon here on the same website, just as a different book! I just finished with the twitcam for the book and it went better than planned. I did say if you guys wanted to tweet me a vine or something of your reaction to this ending or something like that, it would be great.

Again, I can't thank you guys enough, I'm so grateful of all the people I've helped and given rte opportunity to read this fic. I hope you guys understand that not all book or stories need to be about sex, there are some that need a little life lesson.

Enough will my blabbing. Haha, well good luck to everyone, hope you guys have an amazing rest of the year. I love you guys soo much! Thank you for everything.

Love,

Yazmin.

P.S. I will be rewriting the fanfic on Archive Of Our Own, I have the link to my AO3 profile in my bio here on wattpad. Also, I will post the links to the translated version of Locker 17 inmy bio here too.

................

If you are interested in translating, I have posted the form on twitter @locker17fanfic that you need to fill in in order to get chosen to translate. I'm only picking one person per language and nothing else. I will not accept entries or requests on wattpad, only on twitter. If I do find someone that translates without my consent, I will contact wattpad, like I have in the past to take it down.

So I am only accepting the form on twitter filled out, and I will chose then. Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 7.9K 20
@Lily_pad6472 asked me to write a story where Harry and Louis both are single parents and neighbors. After his wife passed away Louis took his three...
817K 26.6K 29
Harry is gay. Louis is straight and has a girlfriend. Well. At least that's what Harry thought, until Liam blabs his mouth about Harry's sex life a...
10.5K 311 13
Harry's last relationship was horrific, leaving him with physical and mental scars. Louis comes into his life and does his best to treat Harry how he...
9.7K 86 5
larry stylinson, mostly if not all bottom louis says completed but it'll be updated in time this is literally all very explicit boyxboy content. if y...