Data Lore Desire

By AmariannaRose

Book 1: Data Lore Desire Book 2: Desired Data Dezirae (meaning: so long hoped for, crave, desire, much desire... More

Dezirae/Lore's Lost Love
Meeting Data
Q
Holodeck Fun/ The Jokes On You
A Change In Data/If I Only Had A Heart
Her Smile/'IT' Is Not A Sentient Being
Saying Goodbye/What Makes A Man?
There Is Only One Data
You Will Always Be Her Hero
Wonders Never Cease To Amaze Us
We Are Coming We Are Coming To Accumulate
When Trouble Comes A Knockin
Dream State Of Mind
I Think Therefore I Am
Processing....
Q The Humanitarian Saving The Universe One Selfish Deed At A Time
The Coal Miners Daughter
This Is What It Means To Feel
'He Was A Man, Taken For All In All I Shall Not Look Upon His Like Again'
The Melding Of The Minds
I See What You Did There
A Disturbing Family Reunion
The Feeling Of Emptiness
Marriage Is Impossible!
Imperfect Lies
Look Over There
Funny Isn't It?!
God's Eye
๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’–What Is The Meaning Of LOVE ๐Ÿ’๐ŸคŸ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒน
Who Needs A Hug?!
Mother Dearest Father Dalore
So Picard.... Can You Spock The Data!?
Oh No! Not Again!
Daddy Data
He Is NOT Data.... Not Anymore๐Ÿ˜ญ
๐Ÿ˜๐ŸฅฐGetting Her Data Back๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’›
Around And Around And Around We Go Where We Stop Nobody Knows
We Are.... One

Texas Hold 'Em/Black Jack Got Your Back

97 1 0
By AmariannaRose

A few days later Dezirae was stopped by Riker, Data and Worf as they were headed towards the Transporter Room "where are you going in that!?!"  Riker teasingly asks with a smile as he walks over to her "Holodeck 2.... I've been trying out each of the different programs everyday since I got here.... I never know which one I'm going to try until I get there so I usually just guess at what might be "appropriate" to wear"  she replies he chuckles "where are you headed!?"  she asks "Transporter Room 4"  he replies "off on an adventure are we!?!"  she teases he smiles and replies "yeah.... something like that.... you should come along.... it'll be a good chance for you to see the full extent of what we do.... and who knows.... you might just be properly dressed for it"  she asks "are you sure that's wise Commander!?"  he replies "only one way to find out"  he loops her arm through his and "drags" her towards the Turbolift "hello Data, Worf"  Dezirae says once they get inside both men look at her and she shrugs.... Worf did not look happy and Data looked surprised that she was even there.... the only reason Worf wasn't happy is because he was worried about her safety.... Riker.... who would normally call what he was doing "a bad idea" hoped that taking Dezirae with them would help them get a better sense of wherever they were going "hi Miles"  Dezirae says as the four of them walk into the Transporter Room "hi Dez"  Miles replies looking at her in confusion she points her thumb at Riker in a playful "this was all his idea!" way Miles shakes his head with a smile then says "give me a moment, lady and gents this is an extremely narrow access point"  Riker, Data, Worf and Dezirae walk onto the Transporter Platform "phasers on stun ready when you are"  Riker says "I believe we've got it now you have a green light, Commander"  Miles replies "energize"  Riker says Dezirae, Data, Riker and Worf appear within a area that is nothing but a black space with golden vapers above them the Riker and Worf both breathe a sigh of relief when they see that there is no danger around them and take out their phasers while Data takes out his Tricorder to get a reading "those ammonia storms are less than a kilo meter away, yet they do not penetrate this breathable zone"  Data says "it's like the eye of a hurricane"  Riker comments "what's that door doing there!?!"  Dezirae asks with a soft curious tone as she points over to the only thing in the space a spinning glass door with a "R" on it spinning in a circle as though some child was pretending that it was a Merry-Go-Round and running in circles while inside even though there was no one there the men turn and look at it then cautiously walk towards it Data takes Dezirae's hand in his as he walks and says "the structure must be here, yet we cannot see it"  Riker taps his combadge and says "Enterprise, this is Commander Riker as your read-out shows, this is an unusual place completely calm, no sound, no movement, yet a few hundred meters away, a storm is raging"  they hear Picard asks "any information about the structure?"  Riker replies "yes sir there's an antique revolving door it could be an entrance"  Picard says "a revolving door? Number One, proceed with caution.... and take good care of your guest"  Riker replies with a corner smile "yes, sir"  then he says to his Away Team and "guest" "well, this is what we came here for"  then he says into his com as the four of them walk towards the door "Captain, we're entering".... once the four of them walk through the spinning door they find themselves in a hotel casino Data and Dezirae look around them in awe and wonder Worf and Riker seemed more... confused.... Data never let go of Dezirae's hand as he continues to take readings from his Tricorder "I guess you were right Commander.... I AM dressed for the "occasion".... still a bit "out of place" since this outfit seems "out of date" but....!"  Dezirae teases Riker turns his head and smiles at her "there is one thing that I find strange though.... this room is full of people yet I feel nothing.... there's no emotions, no memories.... it's like they're here and yet they are not.... like the people the holodeck create as a "background" of sorts from whatever "world" you choose...."  she adds in a curious whispered voice Riker looks at her oddly "that's why I'm here right!?.... to get the readings the tricorder can't!?"  she asks Riker smiles then he taps his communicator and says "Riker to Enterprise, we've entered the structure Riker to Enterprise, come in come in, Enterprise"  Data says "sir, without communication we should beam up immediately"  Riker replies "we're here, there's no danger we'll look around, then leave"  Dezirae hides behind Data as a man walks over and asks "checking in, gentlemen? use the front desk"  then he walks away "very good we'll start with that"  Riker says Data starts to follow Riker until he feels Dezirae plant her feet firmly on the ground he turns and looks at her oddly "I have a feeling I'm not supposed to be a part of this.... I'll just wait here"  she tells him in a low soft voice even though he seemed confused he nods then lets go of her hand and follows Riker and Worf to the front desk....

Data walks back over to Dezirae once he, Riker and Worf walk away from the front desk his body seems to sigh in relief that she did as she said she was going to do and stayed by the spinning door he takes her hand and they walk around the room as he continues to take readings from his Tricorder Data looks at Dezirae strangely as she lets go of his hand then loops her arm through his "it seems like a more appropriate action"  she tells him he tilts his head looks around him then nods at her at least she didn't leave his side he was most relived that she stayed where she was even though he did find it odd that she change the way they walked together as they reach where Riker and Worf were standing a man in a western type outfit walks past them looks around and says "alright time to get down to bidness"  Data looks at his friends and asks "what sort of "bidness" do you think he's getting down to?"  Riker tries very hard not to laugh as Data drags Dezirae with him as he follows the man.... Data and Dezirae wander the casino side by side looking around them as they walk when they see the Texas man at a Black Jack table and Data walks over taking Dezirae with him "put some chips there, mister yes, yes sirree!"  the Texas man says to the croupier then the Texas man notices Data and says "you're new here, aren't you?"  Data replies "yes, sir"  the Texas man places his cowboy hat on Data's head and says "sit down I'm gonna teach you how this game is played, boy"  Data seemed startled when the man placed his hat on his head but Dezirae smiles as she looks into the man/android she loves eyes and says softly with a amused chuckle in her tone "he seems rather eccentric"  Data looks at her curiously and she leads him to the other side of the Texan and ends up standing inbetween him and Data "go ahead ante up"  the Texan says patting the table Data sits down on the stool and places a few chips on the table as the man says "oh me"  then he chuckles as Dezirae cuts the cards "is this poker?"  Data asks the man as he watches Dezirae "no, no Blackjack"  the man replies "Blackjack? accessing"  Data says his eyes move back and forth as he accesses his information banks to find out about the game "ah also known as 21, the number which defines the object of the game picture cards are worth ten, aces one or eleven, all other cards face value"  Data says as Dezirae hands the dealer the cards "boy, you're right"  the Texan says then he says to the dealer "run 'em, boy make 'em nice because there's no bread in the house"  the dealer nods with a small smile then he starts passing out the cards skipping Dezirae who wasn't playing just observing "21, 21 21"  the blonde woman next to the Texan chants softly with her eyes closed as though she was wishing upon a star "don't look at your hand, honey"  the Texan says looking at the woman he was very poorly flirting with while "teaching" her how to play the game "that gal has got to win"  the Texan says looking over at Data "now honey, you got 15 and the dealer's showing 10"  the Texan says turning his attention back to the clueless blonde and looks at her cards "do I hit, Texas, or do I stand?"  the woman asks "if you've gotta win, you've gotta hit"  he replies "hit me"  she says the dealer deals her another card "oh damn"  the woman says when she gains a King of Clubs and she slaps the table lightly Dezirae watches the "show" with a curious confused brow "aw shoot hit me"  the Texan says the dealer deals him another card and he gains a 9 of clubs "21 and a winner yes sirree"  the Texan says with a chuckle "hit me"  Data says the dealer lays down a card "another please"  Data says the dealer lays down another card "don't you think you've had about enough?"  the Texan asks Data "if the objective of the game is to approach a total of 21 points, I definitely need another card"  Data replies as he places the cowboy hat on Dezirae's head and sees her smile at him "yeah"  the blonde says softly "boy you have got the brass! do you know the odds on a 5-card Charlie?"  the Texan says as he looks at Data and Dezirae Data opens his mouth to speak but doesn't get to as the man continues "hell, you're just throwing your money away"  Data says to the dealer the dealer gives him his third card "hit me"  the Texan asks when he sees what cards Data has though Dezirae looked at them oddly she could have sworn Data got a 7 of clubs as his first dealer card when he said "hit me" the first time around "how'd you....?"  the blonde says excitably "whoo! gee!"  the Texan asks "shut my mouth! hey you're not one of them card-counting fellas are you?"  Data's face scrunches up and he replies "the number of the cards and their values remain constant where is the purpose in counting them?"  Dezirae tells him softly "I believe he was joking Data"  Data replies "ah, I see"  she shakes her head with a smile "you having fun, Data?"  they hear Riker asks "fun, sir? while there is a certain amount of enjoyment involved, I am mainly conducting research into...."  Data asks as he turns and looks at his friends who walk up to the table Dezirae chuckles and Riker smiles at her as he says "save it we're getting out of here"  Data nods and says "understood, sir"  Dezirae takes the cowboy hat off her head and lays it on the stool that Data stands up from as the Texan says "you guys, you're holding up the game"  Riker replies "our apologies, sir"  Texas says to Data "I'll watch your chips"  Data replies as he takes Dezirae's hand in his "ah thank you, sir"  then they hear the Texan say as they walk away "deal them up"....

Worf stands on the other side of Dezirae keeping his body close to his friend for unlike Data who was to curiously interested in his surroundings he saw how weak Dezirae seemed to be and he worried that if he didn't try to help out without making it to obvious that he was helping she would quite possibly faint he had remembered what it was like when she first arrived on the ship and he wondered if it was the same when she couldn't feel anything or perhaps worse.... Riker, Worf and Data try to walk out the spinning door but end up returning right back into the casino/hotel where Dezirae who somehow knew something like that would happen was standing with a oddly empty look on her face which worried Data but he forced himself to stay focused on the job they try it again with the same result "let's find another way out of here"  Riker orders Data once again takes Dezirae's hand as they walk away from the door "excuse me aside from the main door, is there another exit I might use?"  Data asks an elderly woman who was working the slot machine the woman ends up winning the Jackpot and takes no notice of them as she becomes excited over her winnings Dezirae gently leads him away from the woman and they continue on their way.... "I'm tired Data"  Dezirae says softly as she stops walking Data stops and looks at her then says "lets go find Commander Riker and Lieutenant Worf"  she nods he removes his hand from hers then places it around her shoulder and they continue walking until they find Riker and Worf who look at their friend with concern in their eyes when they notice how tired she is then they notice her focus.... though it remains tired.... has changed to the bellboy who takes a gun out of a drawer check it's cylinder to see if it had any ammo then slide it into his pants "are you crazy?"  the clerk asks the bellboy as he places his hand on the mans shoulder "wrong I'm finally getting some smarts"  the bellboy replies "you think you're going to scare Mickey D with that gun?"  the clerk asks "I'm going to make him leave Rita alone"  the bellboy replies "kid, she's a big girl, and she's Mickey D's girl"  the clerk says "not any more not after tonight"  the bellboy replies "look, kid I like you I don't want to see you get hurt, especially over some dame"  the clerk says "don't call her that you'll see you'll see how tough Mickey D is he's nothing"  the bellboy replies "is it just me or does it all seem a bit scripted like from a really bad book or movie!?!"  Dezirae asks curiously Riker, Worf and Data look at her "maybe I'm a bit too tired!"  she says Riker chuckles softly "can I sit down somewhere!?"  she asks Riker looks at her concerned then nods at Data who walks her around the room till they find a empty and hopefully comfortable chair for her to sit in and Data stays by her side with a concerned expression on his face.... becoming overly concerned about their friend Riker once again tries to get ahold of the Enterprise over and over and over again until he finally somewhat gets through "Riker, can you read me?"  Picard's distorted voice comes through "yes there's a good deal of interference, but you are getting through"  Riker replies "Number One, why haven't you left that building?"  Picard asks "we tried, sir it seems like we're trapped here we're in no immediate danger but I am concerned and Dezirae seems to be becoming exceedingly.... drained"  Riker replies "something about your location is interfering with communication we are working on the problem"  Picard says with a concerned tone "standing by sir"  Riker replies as he mentally slaps himself for adding to his Captain's worries by telling him about the woman they all have come to adore in their own way.... Data watches as Dezirae shoots up from her seat and heads towards the elevator and he follows her with a curious expression on his face he gets out his tricorder and looks down at it just as Riker and Worf walk over to them "Commander, I am picking up something most unusual in another section of this structure it appears to be human DNA"  Data says "where?"  Riker asks "thirty one point nine meters above and to the right of us"  Data replies looking up and he begins to understand why Dezirae was feeling the way she is at this very moment it was as though someone was trying to tell them something through her "perhaps those turbo lifts could take us there"  Worf says looking over at Dezirae who stands before it as though waiting for something then he sees the door open and they all walk into it Dezirae pushes a button then the doors close and the elevator moves upward the three men follow Dezirae as she walks towards a very specific room and stands before it's door once they reach it and her Data looks down at his tricorder and says "the reading I received is from behind this door, sir"  Riker walks over to it and knocks as Dezirae leans into Data who grips her arm gently and holds her up "you won't need that Worf"  Dezirae says as Worf takes out his phaser he looks at her oddly but listens as he puts it back into it's holster then opens the door and walks into the room and the other three follow "my reading is intensifying, sir"  Data says looking down at his tricorder as Dezirae lets him go then walks over to the bed and pulls back the sheet revealing a skeleton of a man that is literally nothing but decomposing skin and bones Riker went from being concerned for his friends wellbeing to shocked at the sight that now lays bare before him "definitely human male"  Data says looking from the being on the bed to his tricorder "looks like the poor devil died in his sleep"  Riker says "what a terrible way to die"  Worf replies Dezirae chuckles softly "he has been dead for 283 years, sir the lack of any advanced decomposition is due to the sterile environment"  Data says as Worf opens the closet "why would anyone go to all this trouble? it's just window dressing for a dead man"  Riker asks "Commander"  Worf says as he takes something out of the closet that happens to be a spacesuit on a hanger "is this significant, sir?"  Data asks as he takes the suit from Worf Riker walks over to the two men and grips the flag badge on the shoulder of the suit and says "American"  Data says "fifty two stars sir"  Riker says as he continues to look the suit over "places it between 2033 and 2079 AD it correlates with the debris we found Colonel S. Richey rest in peace, Colonel"  then they hear Picard's voice come through the com "Picard to Riker"  Riker says "finally, Riker go ahead you're coming through clearly now"  Picard asks "what's your situation?"  Riker replies "well this structure was apparently made to resemble twentieth century Earth all efforts to exit have failed"  Picard says "we haven't found a way to transport you back yet"  Riker replies "I assumed as much, sir we've also located the remains of a human request identity scan Colonel Richey American first initial S. roughly the same time period"  Dezirae picks up two books she found in the bedside table drawer and walks it over to Data and hands them to him he looks at her curiously then opens the novel titled Hotel Royale and begins to read it and as he finishes it they hear Picard say through the com "Number One?"  Riker replies "go ahead, Captain"  Picard says "we have the information you requested Colonel Stephen Richey was the commanding officer of the explorer ship Charybdis which had a terrestrial launch date of July 23rd, 2037 it was the third manned attempt to travel beyond the confines of the Earth's solar system its telemetry failed it was never heard from again do you believe that you've discovered the remains of Colonel Richey?"  Riker replies "yes and Captain, we've found something else a novel by Todd Matthews, entitled Hotel Royale, which is the name of this structure Data"  Data says into his com "Captain, this is the story of a group of compulsive gamblers caught up in a web of crime, corruption and deceit it is told by nefarious lothario Mickey D, who appears only at the climax to carry out the cold-blooded murder of the hotel bellboy there is also a subplot about an older man conspiring with a younger woman to murder her husband she is squandering her inheritance"  Riker says as he smiles at Dezirae as he remembers what she said about things being scripted "Captain, this novel and everything Data just described seems to be exactly what's happening at this hotel"  Picard replies "extraordinary"  Riker says "there's also one other thing, a diary with only obviously made by Colonel Richey"  Picard asks "can you read it?"  Riker replies "yes "I write this in the hope that it will someday be read by human eyes I can only surmise at this point, but apparently our exploratory shuttle was contaminated by an alien life form which infected and killed all personnel except myself I awakened to find myself here in the Royale Hotel, precisely as described in the novel I found in my room and for the last thirty eight years I have survived here I have come to understand that the alien contaminators created this place for me out of some sense of guilt, presuming that the novel we had on board the shuttle about the Hotel Royale was in fact a guide to our preferred lifestyle and social habits obviously, they thought this was the world from which I came I hold no malice toward my benefactors they could not possibly know the hell they have put me through for it was such a badly written book, filled with endless cliché and shallow characters I shall welcome death when it comes".."  Picard says "I understand, Number One now we know why all that is there why can't you get out?"  Dezirae whispers softly "we have to finish the book!"  Riker looks at her oddly "is there anyway to figure out how we as "outsiders" fit into this.... story!?"  she asks just then the phone that is laying on the bedside table rings and Dezirae walks over to answer it on the other end a woman is heard asking if they would like room service to which she replies "no thank you"  the woman tells her that the kitchen is open 24 hours if they change their minds she thanks the woman then hangs up "an employee asking if we would like room service.... mainly food and or drink brought to the room"  Dezirae explains to Riker who looks at her oddly then he nods his head in a "ah I see" manner then he says "we might as well explore the rest of the hotel we'll keep a com line open you three go down to the lobby and see if there's anything that we've missed you talk to the guests and try to find out who or what they are I'll check out the rest of the floors"  and the four of them leave the room....

"I suggest we separate and blend in with these beings casual queries, offered inconspicuously, may prove fruitful"  Data says to Worf "come on Worf I'll walk with you"  Dezirae says looping her arm through his and patting his hand Data looks at her with sad eyes but walks away nonetheless as Worf looks down at his friend with relief in his eyes.... a minute or so later Riker joins Worf and Dezirae "what did you find?"  Riker asks Worf "nothing"  Worf replies "kid Rita just called"  they hear the clerk say "she did? what did she say?"  the bellboy asks "it was kind of hard to tell she was crying"  the clerk replies "crying? damn Mickey D thinks he can treat people any way he wants well, that's all over now"  the bellboy says a man in a white suit with a grey overcoat laying across his shoulders walks through the spinning doors as though he was some sort of fake gangster king we all should worship and fear the bellboy stares at him the gangster god who Dezirae presumed to be Mickey D walks over to the bellboy and clerk and says to the bellboy while pointing at him "you were told"   the bellboy replies "it's not for you to make the call it's for Rita"  Mickey D says placing his hand on his hips "she sent me to tell you"  the clerk steps in and say "okay, boys look, we can't afford to have any trouble in here why don't you just take this outside"  Mickey D replies "yeah, I like that come on, baggage man let's you and me take it outside"  the bellboy says "when I was a kid, I used to look up to you guys the suit, the fancy shoes I really thought that made you somebody, but you're nobody she could make something out of her life, she could do something with her life she could be somebody if she only had the chance"  Mickey D replies "she is somebody she's my girl"  the bellboy replies "you got her on the stuff that's the only reason she stays with you because you feed her sickness you got to let me help her"  Mickey D says "well why don't we just go outside and talk about it?"  the Clerk says to the bellboy "just watch yourself"  the bellboy replies without taking his eyes off Mickey D "don't worry"  he nods then walks away Mickey D turns and follows him Worf starts to take out his phaser but stops when he feels Desiree place her hand over his "it's all part of the novel don't interfere"  Riker says his eyebrow raises when he sees Dezirae's hand laying over Worf's who still had a hold of his phaser "it's good to see you back"  Riker says with a smile when he notices that she was no longer as exhaustedly drained she smiles softly then flinches when she hears the sound of an echoed gunshot as Mickey D shoots the bellboy as he walks towards the spinning door and the crowd around them shriek in surprise as the bellboy stumbles backwards and falls down dead "that's the cleanest death I've ever seen!"  Dezirae mutters under her breath Riker smirks as Mickey D looks around then walks over to the bellboy's body and says as he stands over him "you should have listened to me, kid no woman's worth dying for killing for, not dying for"  then he walks out the spinning door "Riker to Enterprise"  Riker says into his com "yes, Number One"  Picard replies "a bizarre incident just took place"  Riker says "the shoot-out between the bellboy and Mickey D"  Picard replies "yes, and Mickey D just walked out the door how did he do that?"  Riker asks "it's on page 244"  Picard replies Riker looks at Dezirae realizing that she was right then he says to Picard "in the novel right how does it end?"  Picard replies "a bad love affair ends in a bloody shoot-out, the hotel gets bought out, and life goes on, such as it is"  Riker asks curiously "the hotel gets bought? by whom?"  Picard replies "it isn't specific it simply refers to foreign investors sale price, twelve point five million United States they return home, leaving the assistant manager in charge"  Riker says with a smile "Captain, that's how we're getting out we're buying this place"  Data walks over to them and Riker explains "the plan" and they all start to walk over to the Craps table (Craps is a dice game in which the players make wagers on the outcome of the roll, or a series of rolls, of a pair of dice. Players may wager money against each other (playing "street craps") or a bank (playing " casino craps", also known as "table craps", or often just "craps"). Because it requires little equipment, "street craps" can be played in informal settings. While shooting craps, players may use slang terminology to place bets and actions according to Wikipedia) "it is all a question of probabilities quite simple, really, if one bets with any sequential consistency"  Data explains as they walk "elaborate"  Riker replies "the combinations totaling 7 or 11 have considerable value when achieved on the primary attempt with eight variations possible to create those totals, the likelihood of those totals occurring is not significant however...."  Data starts but gets interrupted by Riker who asks "okay, okay can you do it?"  Data replies "I believe so, sir"  Riker hands Data a few chips and they all walk over to the Craps table where they find some familiar "old/new friends" the clueless blonde and the terrible flirt/teacher of a Texan the blonde blows on the pair of dice in her hand then has the Texan do the same "eight's a point eighter from Decatur Candy see the wise do it, do it"  the Texan says as the blonde starts to shake the dice then she tosses them onto the table where they roll a double one "oh Snake eyes"  the Texan says "single digits on each cube are not at all desirable"  Data tells the Riker as they all stand by their old/new friends Riker nods "you're almost broke"  the blonde pouts "relax, honey it's only money"  the Texan replies "yeah, but if you lose it all, I won't even have a place to sleep"  the blonde says "don't worry your little head, honey I'd never let that happen"  the Texan says as he squeezes her tush making her jump slightly then she picks up the dice and repeats her blow, blow, shake, roll movements from before "go baby, let's go here they come, baby"  the Texan says as she tosses the dice "7 you're out"  the Croupier (croupier defined by google as: the person in charge of a gaming table, gathering in and paying out money or tokens) states "you're turn, Slick"  the Texan says as the Croupier slides the dice over to Data "go to work"  Riker says as Data watches Desiree look at the dice oddly "maybe this turkey'll bring us some luck"  the Texan mutters to the blonde as Data picks up the dice and lays them in his hand just under Dezirae's lips she smiles at him then blows on them lightly Data watches her alluring expression for a few seconds then rolls the dice onto the table they land a double three "6, 6 is your number"  the Croupier states "hell, my blind grandmother can make a 6 come on, boy, roll 'em"  the Texan comments "I thought 7 and 11 had value"  Riker says "actually, six is a valid point of course, now the objective is to roll a duplicate 6 before hitting 7"  Data replies as he picks up the dice "but the probability of making a 6 is no greater than that of rolling a 7"  Riker says "there is a certain degree of random fortune involved I believe that is why they call it gambling"  Data replies "yeah"  the blonde says as Data rolls again.... after having Dezirae blow on the dice again just so he could feel a small bit of her warmth flow over him.... "7, 7 away next shooter"  the Croupier says when Data rolls a four and a three "so much for your new turkey"  the blonde says "give Slick another shot I got a feeling about you, boy"  Data turns and looks at Dezirae then asks as the blonde and Texan speak "why were you looking at the dice so oddly!?"  Desiree replies "they looked unbalanced though I don't know much about these games too...."  Data picks the dice up and looks at them then looks at Riker and says as he bounces them in his hand "Commander, Dezirae is correct these cubes are improperly balanced I believe their final resting position would be...."  Riker asks "can you repair them?"  Data replies with a nod "I believe so"  Riker nods "I will make another attempt"  Data says then he gently squeezes the dice moving his fingers over them so that he could properly balance them in the way they should be then he looks at Dezirae and says "baby needs a new pair of shoes"  Dezirae chuckles softly with a soft smile as Data blows on then rolls the dice without looking at them and snaps his fingers as his eyes stay focused on her smile and the familiar brightness in her eyes that her smile brings to them "11! atta boy! do that a few more times and we're all gonna get well!"  the Texan says then he chuckles as the blonde hoots excitably Data once again blows on the dice then tosses them like a champ the blonde hoots again as she watches the dice roll across the table "7, a winner"  the Croupier states "and another one"  the Texan says as he laughs then he says "keep going, boy we got a hot one let's go let's go"  a smug smirk slides long Data's lips as he looks at a chuckling Riker and Dezirae rolls her eyes as Riker slides more chips on the table and says "double 'em up here we go"  Data once again blows and rolls the dice enjoying the fact that he is now winning and getting all the glorious attention that comes with it as he snaps his fingers once more "keep 'em rolling, boy keep rolling 7, a winner"  the Texan says "you think their flipping to the "proper" number everytime he snaps his fingers!?!"  Dezirae teasingly mutters through the corner of her lips to Riker who laughs then says "probably"  she smiles and shakes her head making him laugh again

nefarious defined by google as: (typically of an action or activity) wicked or criminal

lothario defined by google as: a man who behaves selfishly and irresponsibly in his sexual relationships with women

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 7K 58
"And maybe in the end, I was meant to be alone." Once upon a time, I had 8 soulmates. "You never really see how toxic people can be until you breathe...
72 1 45
This is my very, very first novel I have ever made. It is 307 pages, and 39 chapters-- 45 in all including prologues+epilogue. Book 2 will come out s...
636 8 9
[A rewrite of TNG's Skin of Evil] If things had gone only a little bit differently, everything might've changed. ***** When Lt. Commander Data nearly...
17.6K 387 25
Nobody told me adulthood was going to be this way. How I constantly feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. I'd imagine it feels like being stranded...