Such a Softer Sin [COMPLETE]

By ThaliaLikesLove

Her grandfather's illness brings her back to Boston, and Lila gets more than she bargains for when she meets... More

Such a Softer Sin Chapter 1
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 2
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 3
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 4
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 5
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 6
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 7
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 8
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 9
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 10
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 11
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 12
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 13
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 14
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 15
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 16
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 17
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 18
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 19
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 20
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 22
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 23
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 24
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 25
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 26
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 27
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 28
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 29
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 30
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 31
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 32
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 33
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 34
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 35
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 36
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 37
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 38
Such a Softer Sin Chapter 39

Such a Softer Sin Chapter 21

892 23 0
By ThaliaLikesLove

If anyone is wondering about my posting schedule, I post two chapters a day. Sometimes one in the morning (UK time), and then one in the evening, sometimes both in the evening.

This chapter almost didn't happen. The one after this was actually chapter 21, but then I realised that I didn't really go into Connors first kiss with Lila like I did with Murphys, since the chapter after this starts a week after Murphy kissing her. Connor wasn't impressed with me at all and kept nagging at me.

So here we are. It's kinda short but just as sweet and according to Connor; very fuckin' important!

-----------------------

It was weird for Lila to be at work, knowing things with the boys were dramatically different. She thought back to that very morning, when Murphy had kissed her and left her breathless, how Connor had joined them and shown her, let her feel, their intense connection. It made her head spin and she didn't really understand how she was part of it. Murphy's explanation of her being made just for them did make sense, because she had no other clue what the hell it could be. As Murphy said, they were twins, that's why they had that connection. But Lila wasn't part of that, she wasn't related at all. She had no idea how she would have such a profound and weird ass bond with the boys, but she liked it. It felt so intimate and it was strange. It would definitely take some getting used to.

She stood there drying some glasses, the boys were perched at the other side of the bar with Rocco, and Aileen was talking to them. The older woman was an angel, Lila loved her. She had been so mad at the boys and what they did on their birthday, and she tore strips off them when they walked in. Lila was amused. But Aileen could see they had worked it out, she could even just see the difference in the three. She wasn't going to intervene or cause trouble. She just wanted the boys to know that if they fucked with Lila again, they'd have her to deal with.

She'd been at work for over an hour now and there had been a niggling voice in the back of her head, making her painfully aware she hadn't kissed Connor yet. She wasn't sure how to go about it, he had the chance to kiss her when he grabbed her face at the loft that morning, doing his Jedi mind shit on her, but he hadn't taken that chance. She found herself feeling anxious, maybe he'd changed his mind? Maybe he decided he didn't want her that way after all. Or maybe he was waiting for her to go to him. She felt too unsure of herself to pull a move like that though. Connor was always harder to read than Murphy, sometimes she didn't know where she stood with him. She'd felt a little bit hesitant with him after the whole car incident, because that had thrown her for a loop and was so unexpected, to see him act like that. So instead, she opted to dry the glasses and glance over at the boys every now and again.

She had noticed the twins in a heated discussion in some other language, Murphy was scowling, looking like he was giving his brother an ear bashing, and Connor just looked sick of him. She worried a little, there was some tension there, and she hoped she wasn't the cause. She heaved a sigh and jumped when Aileen touched her arm, she didn't even notice the woman come over to her.

"Ye can take a break sweetie." She said softly, making Lila look at her like she'd grown an extra head. Lila never took a break. She only worked from 8 till 11 so she never felt the need to, so this was new and very fucking weird.

"Uh...no I'm good, thanks Aileen." Lila smiled, still looking a little baffled. Aileen chuckled giving her a weird knowing look and it only confused her more.

"There's a handsome blonde Irish man after yer company outside for a moment." She smirked, nodding her head in Connors direction. Lila quirked a brow curiously, Connor wouldn't look at her, fidgeting and fishing out his smokes.

Murphy caught her eyes though, tipping his beer to her with a lopsided grin, looking like he had won whatever argument he had with his counterpart. It made her blush and smile, remembering how intense their kiss was. His grin turned into a smirk like he could tell what she was thinking, he probably could since the assholes knew everything now.

"Alright I guess, I won't be long." She told Aileen, setting down the towel and glass as she made her way out from the bar. Connor was stood as he glanced to her unsure of himself and Lila felt even more worried. Was this where he broke up with her? Were they even together for him to break up with her? Her brain fucking hurt at this point as she followed him outside.

He lit his smoke and he shifted as he looked at her, exhaling and looking so uncomfortable.

"What is it? You've changed your mind, haven't you? I should have known." Lila sighed regretfully, leaning against the wall and crossing her arms over her chest. Connors eyebrows almost flew off his head and he let out a small laugh.

"Fuckin' Christ lass, oh ye o' little faith." He snorted incredulously. Lila looked at him and relaxed just a little.

"Well, what is it then?" She asked bluntly, the anxiety was making her skin crawl and he looked about the same. He inhaled his smoke once more as he stepped towards her, stopping just a little away from her. He scratched the scruff of his chin and Lila noticed he kept glancing at the door.

"I just... I ain't really good at this shit aye? And then there's Murph." He sighed, looking contemplative. His eyes were flitting to the door every two seconds and he was fidgeting. It was obvious he wanted to talk to her alone for some reason, but also Murphy had something to do with how he was behaving? It clicked in her mind then, Murphy's words from that morning ringing through her brain. 'It's why we dinnae really spend much time apart, 'cause it sets us on edge, not bein' able te feel each other properly...'

"Is it really bothering you that much when he's just inside? You know he's okay." She said softly, her brow furrowed, she was honestly shocked. She didn't know Murphy meant it like this, being separated by a wooden door and only a few feet away. Connors' eyes widened for a moment, not really knowing what to say. He wasn't aware of just how much Murphy had told her about the whole thing, but it seemed his instructions of the bare minimum had gone unheeded.

"Fuckin' hell, how much did he tell ye?" He frowned, looking almost accusatory, his guard up. Lila snorted at him, shaking her head, she understood why he was reluctant. It was a big deal, they hadn't ever shared this with anyone before.

"He told me enough. I'm grateful he did, it all makes sense to me. I don't know why you don't want me to know, I'm part of it now after all." Her voice sounded so small to her own ears, like she was unsure of herself, her place with the boys. Connor untensed at her tone and flicked his smoke away, discarding it as he closed the gap. He didn't touch her though, he just stood right there.

"M'sorry sweetheart, ye know how I am. Just a little...guarded wit' it I guess. Had some...unsavoury comments made in the past and they didn't even know about the telepathy, just didn't like the closeness." He frowned, tugging his lower lip between his teeth.

"Well fuck them. Fuck them all. I love the bond you two have, it's so fucking special. And to be a part of that, it's overwhelming. It makes mefeel fucking special." She admitted, looking at him firmly. He couldn't help the grin that worked its way onto his face as he leaned down, kissing her forehead.

"Ye are special lass, very fuckin' special, te the both o' us." He smiled, making her beam a smile up at him.

"Well then, what is it you wanted me for Mr MacManus?" She asked, feeling much more relaxed now with him. He quirked a brow at the name and huffed a laugh. He shifted where he stood once again, looking over to the door. She took his face in her hands, making him look at her. Her bright blue eyes were soft as she looked at him, no judgement there, just adoration, and it made his chest constrict.

"Connor, he's fine. Why are we out here?" She asked softly.

He didn't answer her, instead he opted her show her what he had asked her out here for. He leant down, closing the gap, as his lips met hers. She was surprised at first, it caught her off guard, but then she melted into him and wrapped her arms around his neck. His hands pulled her close, one splayed on her hip and the other on her neck. His kiss was different from his brothers. Murphys was all fire and fury, hard and fast just like the boy himself. But Connors was intense in a different way. Each caress of his tongue seemed calculated and it was slow, but still very fucking sensual. She moaned into the kiss, and she felt him growl in response. The noise made her feel a little warm between her thighs and before she knew it, he had pulled away. He rested his forehead on hers, the pair breathing heavy and her cheeks flushed. She was glad he hadn't told her and just did it to show her, it made it less awkward.

"Hmm... I don't think I quite caught that, you wanna run it by me again?" She asked cheekily, her eyes alight with mischief. Connor snorted at her, a bright grin on his face at her teasing. He leant down and gave her another kiss, much shorter this time but still sweet. When he moved away, he took her hand, kissing it affectionately. She knew she had a stupid smile on her face like a girl that just got kissed by her high school crush but she couldn't bring herself to care. He stroked her face but she could see him tense again, looking to the door. She decided to put him out of his misery. She wasn't surprised that Connor had asked for her to accompany him outside, he was a more reserved and private it seemed, and it was only fair he got his turn with her.

"Come on, let's go see what that hooligan brother of yours is up to, I bet he's burnt the place down by now with him being away from you." She snorted, making Connor bark a laugh at her as they made their way inside.

Sure enough, when they walked inside, Murphy was pacing by the bar looking like he had received the worst news of his life. But when his eyes settled on his brother, he relaxed visibly and he smiled at them. It made Lilas heart flutter that they worried so much about each other, even when they weren't even far away. When his eyes settled on Lila, he gave her a real smile. Not a smirk or his teasing grin, but his beautiful full Murphy smile that lit up the room with its radiance. She loved the brothers real genuine smiles, they seemed reserved only for her and it made butterflies bloom in her stomach. She smiled right back as they walked over and she slipped back behind the bar. She watched the boys curiously as they both sat back down and she noticed how Murphy seemed to sit even closer to his brother like he needed him more, like the tiniest amount of time being barely separated had made him needy. She smiled to herself when she saw Connor squeeze the back of Murphy's neck and they smiled at each other. ' So when I'm upset, and Connor grabs the back o' me neck like he does, its kinda like, he can push his calmness onte me, te help me calm down' . The twins looked over at her, beautiful smiles on their faces and she couldn't help but smile back as her cheeks flushed slightly. She had no idea why anyone would ever want them apart or make them feel shitty for their bond, it was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen, and now she was part of it.

'It's just like...me and Connor were fine on our own, we felt complete, we didnae know any better. But the second ye came along, we felt it. Feelin' completely whole...like...like ye were made for us, meant te be with us all along.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 509 26
Victoria accidentally discovers some life changing information about two of her regulars at McGinty's Irish Bar. [MURPHYxOCxCONNOR]
3.8K 136 34
An investigative journalist starts to come and talk with the brothers while they are in Hoag. But what does she really want from them that she keeps...
9.1K 432 65
Ashley's best friend Rachel killed herself three years ago to escape her persistent and violent stalker. As if dealing with her best friends passing...
29.6K 1.2K 17
Moving from her home town of Nashville, Tennessee, Rayne Graves had decided it was time to make a new life for herself. Leaving all the bullshit behi...