The Greatest Summer of My Life

By kedragneel

Since becoming a trainer, Red has become quite skilled in battle and has established close friendships with h... More

Intro from the author
Arrival at Professor Oak's summer camp
New Friends?
I got tagged
Nightlife
The Weekend
Rival Arrival
Down to the Watery Finish
Mixers and Hot Tubs
An Atrocious Day
A Mixed Night
Last Day of Love
Coming Together
In Heat
Party Troubles
Counseling
Family Time
Nature, Battles, and Bets
Tournament Time
Hard Fought Battles
The Long Night
A Special Event
The Time of Our Lives
The Start of Something New
Good Times, Bad Times
Dates and Pranks
All Out War
Inner and Outer Conflict
Rite of Passage
The Wild Side
Counselors At Last
Last Days of Summer
A Battle Royale Blast
In the Heat of Battle
Semi-final Intensity
Finals to Remember
Camp vs. Camp
Camp vs. Camp Part 2
Camp vs. Camp Part 3
Intermission: Time for a Battle
Teaching a Lesson
Camp vs. Camp Part 4
One Last Battle
Farewell Camp Oak

Not Valentines?

2.4K 27 9
By kedragneel

It was first thing in the morning and just about everybody was still asleep, everyone except for Hilda that is. She walked out to the dock in her swimsuit ready to do another lap to and from Hill Valley, hopefully, she could do it without running into some rich flirtatious douche or N. Then again not many people enjoy getting up at the butt crack of dawn. Whatever the case, Hilda dove in swimming like a pro swimmer. Because it was still early in the morning the water was extra cool exactly how she liked it.

Before long she made it to the dock at Hill Valley, pulling herself up and sitting on the edge. She took a deep breathtaking in the fresh morning air, it felt so great just being out in the open plus no Hill Valley guys to annoy her.

"Back again I see." Ugh spoke too soon. N stood behind her looking as stoic as ever. "Just swimming again," Hilda replied.

"I see, have you seen the pokemon in the lake below?" N asked.

"Yeah, I have," said Hilda.

"It's perfect down there. With no human interference, they can be the perfect creatures they're supposed to be."

Hilda just gave him a deadpanned look, "Whatever you say N."

N turned and inexplicably found himself staring at her. He was having that feeling about her again and it was stronger than before, much stronger. So he just kept looking at her, finding himself admiring all her different features and found himself wanting to see...more.

Hilda got uncomfortable with his staring real quick, "Um it's not polite to stare," she said.

N broke his gaze and turned away, "My apologies then," he simply said. It was then that something hit her, the way he was acting in the storeroom last week, the way he was staring at her just now, does he have feelings for her? Lord, she hoped not because she did want any drama.

"Ummm OK I gotta go," she said diving back into the water. N didn't even get a chance to say goodbye as he watched her swim back to camp.

xxxxx

Back at the summer camp, things were bustling more than usual. Unlike last week where people were putting up different decorations of the yellow and green variety, today lots of people were putting up red, white, and pink decorations and balloons. Why? Well, it's due to a little thing some of the counselors collaborated on for this year. It's pretty much a time for couples and lovers to express their love for each other and before you say it, it's NOT Valentine's Day. They pushed that point very hard on people when they announced it earlier this week.

As you can imagine it is also breakfast time and Red was sitting together with Ethan and Lyra. "I've heard of Christmas in July but Valentine's Day in July?" said Red. Hilbert smacked him in the back of the head, "Na ah ah, it's NOT Valentine's Day," he said as he walked away.

"This is so lame," said Red.

"I think it's a cute idea," said Lyra.

"Albeit a little unusual," Ethan followed up.

"Hey, guys!" Leaf showed up to the table with a tray of food with Blue behind her with his tray. Red was immediately annoyed that he was there. If there was one thing to admire about Blue it was that he was relentless; ever since the Mixer last week, Blue had been clawing his way back up to Red in the unspoken competition they were having for Leaf's heart, so she started spending more time with him as well. Although you could say Red was still kinda in the lead.

Red noticed a matching bracelet on each of their wrists which made him internally frown. "Nice bracelets, did you weave them from strands of each others hair?" he asked.

"Yes Red that's exactly what we did," Leaf replied jokingly.

"A friend of mine's girlfriend picked em' up in Unova," said Blue, "anyone want juice?"

"Yes please," Leaf said as he walked away from the table.

"All the way from Unova huh? Yeah right," Red thought.

Leaf's roommates stopped by the table looking right at Leaf. "You might wanna lay off the bacon, bottom-heavy," Kate whispered that last part. Red wasn't having it, "Hey leave her alone."

"No one was talking to you," Chloe snapped at him.

"Well no one was talking to you either, now piss off," Red replied. They looked at him annoyed but then walked off without saying anything. Leaf looked at Red and smiled gratefully.

xxxxx

Across the dining hall, Professor Oak was sitting with Jack and Mira. "I've gotta say this is the last thing I expected us to be doing here," he said.

"Just look at them, they're all so excited to be in love. It brings me back to the days when we were like that," said Mira to Jack.

"Those were great days weren't they?" said Jack.

"Ah, youth," sighed Professor Oak.

Mira then turns back to Jack again; "I wonder if Ethan's finally going to ask out Lyra," she asks.

"If there's a time to do it it's now," Jack replied, "Does Blue have anyone special?"

"I'm not sure, Blue isn't very open about those kinds of things with me," said Professor Oak.

"Not too surprising, Ethan doesn't like talking about that stuff with us either."

"hehe, I remember being the same way."

xxxxx

Later after breakfast, Red was at the lake getting ready for a shift. Red's ankle had finally recovered from the Gyarados incident so that meant he could join Leaf as a lifeguard and he was excited about it. Well, more about working together with Leaf but yeah. Anyway, Red was now in his swim trunks and ready to go and as he walked out of the building, he ran into Yellow who was cheerful as ever. "Good morning Red!" she greeted.

Red chuckled, "Good morning Yellow," he replied.

"So you're starting as a lifeguard today?"

"Yep, my ankle's all better now so."

"That's great, I bet you'll be an awesome lifeguard."

Red smiled, "Thanks Yellow."

"So Red, since it's Valentine's Day-"

"NOT Valentines, sweetie," Hilda said as she walked by.

"Geez they're sneaky," Red said quietly causing Yellow to giggle.

"Since it's NOT Valentine's day, do you have your eye on anyone?" Red blushed and turned away. Now that she mentioned it, he hadn't given it any thought. But the answer was more than obvious. "Yeah, I've got someone in mind," he said sheepishly, "Do YOU have anyone on your mind?"

Now it was her turn to blush, "Uhhh n-no not really," she said causing Red to chuckle.

"Oh well, you'll find someone eventually. Anyways, I gotta go, see ya later Yellow."

"See ya Red, you lifeguard the crap out of that beach."

"Hehe, I will," Red said walking away.

No more than 5 minutes later, Red was at the lake with all the other lifeguards and counselors. They were circled around Hilbert and Hilda because they were going to show them how to perform CPR. Hilda was laying down on top of a towel with her eyes closed with Hilbert looming above her.

"Alright everyone listen up. CPR demo in honor of NOT Valentines week," Hilbert announced, "Clearly she's not breathing the first thing you do is call 911. Next, you interlock your fingers and begin chest compressions."

Most of the people laughed immaturely because he was placing his hands on his girlfriend's chest. "Someone's gotta tell Professor Oak nobody takes this seriously," Hilbert whispered.

"I take it VERY seriously," Hilda jokingly whispered.

"You are seriously hot right now," Hilbert whispered, "After 30 compressions, 2 breaths. Tilt the head back, pinch the nose and breath into the mouth." Hilbert did that and everyone let out woos and oohs at the sight.

"30 more chest compressions," Hilbert said. So he did so again and kneeled closer to Hilda.

"What are you going to do tonight?" she asked.

"You, and the bar, that sound good?" Hilbert whispered.

"Sounds like a plan," she said with a smile.

Hilbert got back up followed by Hilda, "And she's alive!" Everyone clapped in response. Hilda then spoke up, "OK to start it off, Leaf how about you pick your victim."

Leaf looked around a little bit, "Blue, come on over," she said and Red's heart sunk. Blue went over and laid down eyeing Red with a smug grin on his face. Kate being Kate whispered, "Sl*t." 

"You would be one too but no one likes you," Leaf whispered back. It was at this point that Kate decided she had enough of her, "Alright, it's time we put that little b**** in her place," she whispered to Chloe who simply nodded.

xxxxx

Ethan was feeding all the baby pokemon kept with his grandparents. "There you go guys, eat it all up," he said as they flocked the food trays. He let out a breath satisfied with how the morning was going. As he watched all of them feed his mind drifted to the special Valentine's d- sorry NOT Valentine's day thing they were doing over the weekend, how everyone in a relationship was so lovey-dovey and excited to be in love. With that, he started to think about Lyra and wondered if it was really possible for him to have that with her. He became dazed imagining him and Lyra happily in a relationship and thought about all her different features from her gorgeous brown eyes, to her smooth brown hair, to her delicate frame, to her beautiful smi-

"Ethan, are you OK?" Jack asked causing Ethan to jump. A blush came to his face as looked back on what he was just daydreaming about, "Y-Y-Yeah I'm fine Grandpa," he said.

"Are you sure? You look really out of it," he asked.

"YES I'm good thanks." Ethan knew they would catch on and he really didn't want to discuss his love life with his grandparents. Unfortunately, Mira was quite nosy in that aspect. "Were you thinking about girls?" she asked teasingly. Ethan went even redder, "No of course not," Ethan said turning away from them.

"Come on Ethan, it's nothing to be ashamed of especially on a day like this."

"What's he ashamed of?"

Ethan turned to see Lyra leaning on the fence with Marill next to her, "Nothing," Ethan said.

"He's just thinking about pretty girls," Mira said.

"Ugghh Grandma that's not it," Ethan turned to her with his blush still present. It was pretty obvious that that was what he was thinking about and Lyra inwardly hoped that she was the one he was thinking about. "Whatever, how's it going Lyra?" asked Ethan.

"It's going fine, although the lovey-dovey couples can get a little annoying," said Lyra.

"hehe welcome to Not Valentine's Day."

Jack came back out of the building, "Hey Ethan, we've got a couple of eggs that are getting close to hatching, can you take care of it?"

"Yeah I'm on it," Ethan called, "Wanna come see a breeder at work?"

"Of course, although I should point out that I've seen your work before."

"True but still." Lyra smiled and Ethan let her in. She was once again hounded by all the baby pokemon taking her by surprise, "Oh my they're after me again," Lyra joked.

"Well a pretty girl will grab anyone's attention," he thought. He grabbed her hand and pulled her into the building leaving the adorable baby pokemon and Marill outside. He looked at the shelf which had many pokemon eggs. Jack pulled down a couple of eggs that glowed, signaling they were close to hatching. He handed one to Ethan, "Lyra would you mind holding onto this one?" Jack asked.

"Of course not," she said. So he handed the other egg to her. Ethan held the egg he had close trying to keep it warm the best he could so Lyra did the same. Both of the eggs began glowing again so it was time to deliver them. "You're doing a fine job with that egg, if you have time do you wanna help me deliver them?" asked Ethan.

"Of course," Lyra replied and the two walked out to find the owners.

xxxxx

It was now the middle of the afternoon and Red and Leaf were done with their lifeguard duties for now. Leaf decided to take a shower, it seemed refreshing after spending a lot of time in the lake. Unbeknownst to her, her roommates were watching her every move and they watched her step into the shower, "This is perfect, call them over," Kate said devilishly and the three girls moved in.

Leaf let out a sigh of relief as she shut off the water, now to relax for a bit. Her plans came to a halt when she heard the sweet melody of a Jigglypuff singing just outside her stall and she felt herself getting drowsy. "Oh no," she thought as she passed out right there. Kate and her friends slowly opened the door and were pleased to find her fast asleep, "Great job Jigglypuff, now return," said Ally as she returned her pokemon. Kate and Chloe walked into the stall closing the door behind them while Ally kept watch. 

Leaf was only wearing her swimsuit so that made their plan easier. "Now let's get rid of this thing," Kate said as she and Chloe stripped her of her bathing suit leaving her stark naked. Kate and Chloe couldn't hold back their giggles as they thought about what they were going to do next. Then Ally popped her head in the door, "Looks like everyone's here." Kate and Chloe peeked through to see a small crowd of guys waiting outside. "Perfect, let's get this show on the road," said Kate.

Ally stepped back outside, "You all wanna see some skin?" There were a few perverts that went Oh yeah! Hearing that, the girls turned the shower back on. Leaf jolted awake at the sensation of the water hitting her face and the first thing she saw was Kate and Chloe grinning devilishly as they held her by her wrists. And then with everything they had, they threw her out the door and into the open landing on her face. She was struggling to process what just happened as she sat up. But when she finally did she realized two things: one being that there was a small crowd of guys ogling her and two that she was completely naked. She screamed as she tried desperately to cover herself up with her hands, backing towards the shower stalls. Nearby, Red heard her scream and worriedly rushed over.

"Oh no you don't dirty girl we promised them a show," Chloe said as she and Ally held her up pulling her hands away from her chest. All the guys were unsurprisingly staring at her lustfully, Leaf had never felt so exposed or violated in her entire life. She struggled against their grip managing to pull her arms free and covered herself up again, "Please stop this," she said quietly. "No way b**** you're getting what you deserve," said Kate as she and the others wrestle her arms out again. it became too much for her, the guys looking at her treating her like some lust object and girls trying to ruin her life, as she tried to wrestle her grip from the girls she broke down crying.

Red arrived on the scene and was shocked by the scene in front of him. Leaf was naked and struggling against the grips of her roommates while a bunch of guys stared pervertedly at his crush. Red felt the rage building up inside him like never before, these people were treating Leaf, the sweetest most beautiful girl he ever met like filth, like some toy. There was no way in hell he was going to let this go on. He released Charizard from his Pokeball who let out an angry roar as he materialized in front of everybody, it might be a little overkill for what was about to happen but he didn't care. All the guys took a step back and the girls let go of Leaf who dropped to the ground. "Get out of here," Red seethed at the rest of the guys. All of them knew better than to provoke, all except for one guy off to the side. "What the heck man, you're ruining the show!" he yelled. Red glared at the guy and Charizard let out a flamethrower burning the guy to a crisp. "NOW!" Red shouted causing them all to run away. Leaf was surprised, she had never seen Red get mad before and he wasn't just mad, he was furious. Red looked up and saw a towel hanging from the stall and grabbed it as he walked over to Leaf who was still crying her eyes out. He took the towel and draped it over her shoulders trying to help her cover up as best he could. Leaf looked up to Red who looked at her sadly, "Are you OK?" he asked wiping a tear from her eye. Leaf couldn't respond and just broke down in Red's arms. Normally, Red would be a blushing mess in this position but right now Leaf was falling apart and he wanted to help her more than anything. Ethan and Lyra came around the corner, having heard the commotion and they were both concerned when they found Leaf crying in Red's arms. "Red, what happened?" asked Ethan.

"Aww friends to the rescue," mocked Kate.

Red looked at her with a deadly glare, she was the cause of all this. He stood up fast and marched over to her and pinned her against the stall with his forearm. "What the h*** is the matter with you?!" Red yelled in her face, "How could you do this to her?!" 

Red's friends looked at him shocked, "cause she's a b**** and she needs to learn her place," Kate replied. Red pushed her harder against the stall, she was actually scared of him now.

"Don't even go there! Leaf is the kindest person I've ever met and you've been a jerk to her since day 1! What did she ever do to deserve your crap?!"

Kate was too scared to say anything as Red continued to angrily glare at her. Red's friends were shocked at Red's behavior, especially Leaf, but it warmed her heart to see just how much he cared about her. She found herself blushing again. Ethan though also angry with Kate and them for doing this decided to intervene. "Alright man, let's take a step back for a minute," Ethan said pulling him by the shoulder. Red let go but never shifted his gaze, "You're going to pay for this, one way or another," said Red. Turns out Ethan's timing was perfect because Blue arrived on the scene with Professor Oak. Turns out Blue had seen the whole thing unfold and went to fetch his grandpa. The whole situation was explained to the Professor and needless to say he was not pleased. "So that's how it is. Alright then you three, my office now!" Professor Oak said gesturing to Leaf's roommates. They followed knowing the trouble that was about to come. It serves them right.

xxxxx

The rest of the day went on without incident. They were all thankful for that because the incident with Leaf and her roommates weighed heavily on everyone's minds especially Red and Leaf. Leaf spent the rest of the day locked up inside, the only contact she had was with Red and Lyra who would come to check up on her, get her dinner, all that stuff. 

That night, Nate invited other counselors including Red and his friends to a nearby bar to hang out. With Leaf the way she was feeling, Red opted to stay behind while Ethan and Lyra went to the bar. The counselors who were there consisted of Nate, Rosa, Hilbert, Hilda, Ethan, and Lyra. Right now Ethan was playing pool with Nate and was kicking his butt. "8-ball, side pocket," Ethan announced. He lined up his shot and nailed it, knocking the 8-ball into the pocket. Nate sighed in defeat, "Dang man again? You are a boss at this."

"Thanks, this is something I like to do on my downtime," said Ethan, "Wanna go another round?"

"No thanks Ethan, I've got a little business to attend to," Nate said motioning over to Rosa. So he goes and sits down with Rosa pulling her into a hug and kissing her on the cheek while Lyra just grinned at how cute the couple was. "Hey, Lyra you wanna have a go?" Ethan asked. "Sure," she replied.

Lyra walked over to the table and grabbed a cue as Ethan reset the balls. As he did that she found herself watching him dreamily, wishing he could just hold her and kiss her and since it was Not Valentine's she imagined him taking her out on a romantic date. But her expression fell a little when she questioned how likely Ethan was to ask her out. "Ready?" Ethan asked lifting the triangle. 

"Sure, I'll go first." Silver walked into the bar with his usual cocky smile. Guess they were bound to run into him again eventually.

"Silver, what are doing here?" Ethan deadpanned.

"What does it look like? I'm just here to have a good time like everyone else. Is that so wrong?"

Lyra rolled her eyes, "Come on Lyra don't be like that. Besides I'm sure you could easily find someone willing to have some real fun with you later. Then again they probably wouldn't have that much fun considering it's you."

Lyra and Ethan looked at him angrily as Silver continued to talk, "Whatever, which one of you is ready to get the smackdown?" Lyra walked up to him and shoved the cue into his hand, "I can't wait to see you eat your words again," she said. She then walked over to Ethan, "Kick his butt," she whispered.

"Oooh I will," Ethan replied as she sat down.

"Alright, let's see if you're good enough," said Silver.

"I'm good enough to go all night that's all you need to know."

xxxxx

Nearby, Hilbert and Hilda were playing foosball and boy were they going at it. Hilda being as competitive as ever was being, well overly competitive. "What's the matter Slowbro can't handle the pressure?" Hilda taunted. Moments later, Hilda scored a goal ending their game, "Yes! Suck it!" she celebrated. Hilbert let out a tired sigh, "no person should ever get this tired from playing foosball," he thought. Hilda was equally tired and was also taking a lot of pride in her win. This is probably what she would have been like had they won Capture the Flag.

"Whatever, you won't be on top when we get back later," Hilbert teased.

"Oh is that so?" Hilda replied.

"Yep, I know you inside and out and I'm gonna make sure you stay down," Hilbert said walking up to her and wrapping his arms around her waist. Hilda wrapped her arms around his neck in response.

"mmm I like a challenge, you better be ready to bring your A-game then," Hilda said seductively.

"Oh you know I will." With that, Hilbert pulled her into a kiss which quickly turned into a make-out session.

"It seems fate has brought us together once again."

Hilbert and Hilda broke from their make-out session and saw N standing there. "Where the heck did you come from?" asked Hilbert.

"I've been here for the last hour," said N. He glanced down and found himself displeased when he noticed them holding hands. Hilbert noticed this and glared back at him.

Back with Ethan and Silver...

Ethan and Silver were still in the middle of the game they were playing and Ethan was kicking his butt. "Oh no, another devastating miss by the a**hat," Ethan mocked as Silver missed another shot. Silver growled in annoyance, "Oh shut your face, your skill here just compensates for your weakness in battle."

"Funny how that's coming from a trainer who's lost against me more than he's won."

"My pokemon were weak then, I've made them into something far better and they'll wipe out any weaklings that stand in our way."

"All these years and you still believe that garbage? That's not how you treat your pokemon," Ethan said fiercely. Both of them were getting intense and Lyra could only see where this is heading.

"Really? Enlighten me then," replied Silver.

"Pokemon are our friends, our partners, not some servants to do our bidding. It's only by bonding with them that they can reach their greatest heights."

Silver chuckled, "I've heard it all before Ethan. Do you know what happened to those who said that? I crushed them. That ideology is weak, they were weak, just like you."

"Why don't we go outside and I'll show you how 'weak' we are?"

Silver looked at him even cockier, "Oh, I'll take it outside. You wanna take it outside?"

"Yeah, I wanna take it outside it was my idea remember?" Ethan replied.

"Alright then let's go outside." 

"Alright, We're going outside, who wants to see me kick Silver's a**?!" Ethan announced to the whole room. Most people like the sound of a battle about to take place so they followed them outside. Those people including Lyra, Nate, and Rosa. "OK I've gotta ask now, what's the deal with that guy?" asked Rosa.

"Ethan and I have known Silver since we were little. He's a big old jerk who treats his pokemon like trash and he talks down to us."

"Geez, when are people going to learn?" said Nate.

"I don't think Silver's ever going to learn, he's been like this for as long as we've known him and we've known him for about 10 years. I have never liked him but he and Ethan despise each other. I'm surprised they haven't tried to beat each other up yet."

"I'll bet it's only a matter of time," said Nate.

xxxxx

Outside Ethan and Silver were standing far apart gearing up for a battle while everyone watched in anticipation. Hilbert and Hilda were too distracted with N to notice the events that were leading to this so they were the last ones out. "What's going on?" asked Hilda.

"Pokemon battle, according to Lyra these two are pretty good," said Nate.

"Well, actually she spoke more fondly of Ethan's skill," Rosa said slyly causing Lyra to blush.

"Let's see what you got weakling," said Silver.

"Original as ever I see, and oh I will show you what I got," replied Ethan.

Lyra watched silently, "kick his butt, Ethan," she thought.

"Weaville come on out!" Silver released his pokemon.

"Ampharos let's do this thing!" Ethan called releasing his pokemon.

Both Pokemon stared each other down intensely for a few moments before Silver began the battle. "Alright, Weaville use Quick Attack!" Weavile moved very quickly across the field nailing Ampharos hard sending him sliding back several feet. "Ampharos isn't very fast, that means we're at a disadvantage," Ethan thought, "No matter, we'll find a way to win."

"What's the matter? giving up so soon?" Silver taunted.

"No way, this battle's only begun. Discharge!" Ampharos charged up releasing multiple large shocks of electricity around the field. "Use Quick Attack to dodge!" called Silver. Weavile ran around narrowly weaving around each strike like a pro while also trying to close in on Ampharos. Most of the people marveled at how well-trained Silver's Weaville was. "Now Icy Wind!" Silver called as Discharge ended. Weavile breathed out a powerful Icy Wind and Ampharos tried to cover itself up to defend from the attack. "Come on Ampharos I know you can do it! Use Focus Blast!" Ethan called. Ampharos charged up a sphere of energy in its hands and Silver realized the trouble he was in. "Weaville get out of there!" he called. Weavile jumped back just narrowly missing the super effective attack and Ethan had his chance to tip the balance. "Alright now Thunder Wave!" Ampharos charged up again this time releasing several rings of electricity. 

Ethan's plan worked and the Thunder Wave made contact right as Weaville hit the ground, causing it to grunt in pain. This should slow it down quite a bit. "Now we've got more of a level playing field," said Ethan.

"Doesn't matter, we're still going to wipe the floor with you. Weavile use Feint!" Silver called out as the Sharp Claw pokemon let out a blast of dark energy. "Ampharos use Signal Beam!"

Ampharos charged up a beam of bug type energy and fired it not just knocking out the dark type move but also continued landing a super-effective blow. "Alright!" Ethan celebrated.

Silver grunted angrily, "Come on get up!" Weavile got on its feet injured but still ready to go. "Now Quick Attack!" Silver called and the sharp claw pokemon charged straight at the light pokemon and knocking him back. "We're not done yet focus blast!" As it steadied itself, it charged up and fired another focus blast which this time managed to hit Weavile. Weavile was reeling badly from taking another super-effective attack. "You're not gonna win this Ethan! Get in there Weaville and use Thief!" Weavile charged in, "Use focus blast again!"

Ampharos tried to charge up focus blast again but Weavile landed its attack before it could attack again. Ethan gritted his teeth, Ampharos wasn't going to last much longer and even with the thunder wave, Weavile was still just a little bit faster. He was going to have to end it quickly. "You OK Ampharos?" Ethan asked. Ampharos looked back at him signaling he was still good to go. "Awesome! Alright, we've gotta finish this quickly, use Discharge!" Ampharos charged up another electric attack releasing several powerful bolts of electricity. "Ha, that trick again? Dodge it with Quick Attack!" Silver commanded. Weavile once again began dodging and weaving the bolts of electricity. But it didn't work as well this time as one of the bolts hit Weavile straight on. Silver looked on in shock as Weavile fell to the ground struggling to get back up and Ethan saw his chance. "This is our time Ampharos use Signal Beam!" Ampharos charged up one last attack and fired off Signal Beam. Weavile became wide-eyed as he saw the oncoming attack. The attack exploded on contact and when the smoke cleared, Weavile was laying on the ground unconscious. "Looks like we win," Ethan said. A lot of the crowd erupted into applause at the awesome battle. Nate and his friends were very impressed with the skill they both showed. 

"Man, Ethan is really good," said Hilbert.

"Yeah, that was awesome. I don't think there could've been a better way to end the night," said Nate.

"Oh I think I can think of a better way," Rosa said seductively rubbing up against Nate.

"Oh get a room you two!" said Hilda. She looked over to Lyra and saw her just staring dreamily at Ethan with a slight blush on her face. "I bet Ethan looks pretty handsome all sweaty and tired after a battle," Hilda mischievously whispered. Lyra blushed bright red and just faced the ground causing the others to chuckle at her expense.

Ethan walked up to Ampharos who was very tired from its battle. "You were awesome Ampharos thank you," Ethan said as he returned it to its Pokeball. He looked over to Silver's side and saw him returning Weavile, his bangs shadowed his eyes but Ethan could tell he was not happy. Silver then looked up at Ethan with a glare and Ethan's expression became serious. "This isn't over Ethan," Silver said as he walked away.

"It never is Silver, it never is," Ethan said quietly.

Alllllllllllllllllllllllright there's another one done. I managed to really focus on this so I'm happy about that. So what do you think? Am I still going in a good direction? Is there anything I should change? Let me know what you think. As I said, a little constructive criticism is always welcome. Once again vote, comment, do what you please. I hope ye enjoyed, God bless :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.8K 902 26
okay first off this is a sequel to my other book 'mixed feelings - an amourshipping story'so if you hadnt read it i suggest you do before reading thi...
13.6K 504 37
May has an experience with two new friends whom mysteriously disappear several days after their encounter. Though she still wonders about what had ha...
11.5K 226 20
Genre: Fanfiction/Romance May Maple has a secret that no one outside of her family, knows. One day her secret illness gets worse and needs to be cur...
30 0 15
In the tranquil town of Pallet, where Pokémon and humans coexist harmoniously, a new chapter unfolds for the legendary Pokémon Trainer, Red, and his...