LION AMONG WOLVES | GAME OF T...

By arios2004

In which Annalys Baratheon is arranged to marry Robb Stark and when her 'father' dies, she is forced to side... More

CAST
ACT ONE
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
ACT TWO
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
ACT THREE
23
24
25
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
ACT FOUR
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
ACT FIVE
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
ACT SIX
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
ACT SEVEN
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
ACT EIGHT
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
EPILOGUE
SPIN OFF BOOK

26

10.6K 375 84
By arios2004

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 26. Father-Daughter Bonding

Numerous days later, Podrick walked over to Tyrion, placing some sausages on the man's plate while Jaime sat across from them, uncomfortably, "Your new hand, it's nicer than the old one," Tyrion remarked, turning to look at Jaime before back at Podrick, "Wouldn't you agree, Pod?"

Podrick looked over at Tyrion before back at Jaime, "Is it solid gold?" He asked the man curiously.

"Gilded steel," Tyrion informed Podrick, only to notice how his elder brother wasn't eating, "You're not eating. Why is no one eating? My wife wastes away, my niece refuses to eat in fear of it being poisoned, and my brother starves himself."

"I'm not hungry," Jaime quickly responded, a bit of attitude in his tone of voice.

"You lost a hand, not a stomach," Tyrion pointed out, eating a bit of the sausage that was on it plate, "Try the boar. Cersei can't get enough of it since one killed Robert for her," He paused, raising his glass up to make a toast, "A toast. To the proud Lannister children. The dwarf, the cripple, and the mother of madness."

Jaime attempted to raise his own glass, only to clumsily knock it over with his left hand, "Oh!" He exclaimed as he did so and Podrick was quick to walk over to him to help.

"I'll clean it up." Podrick insisted, only to have Jaime quickly cut him off.

"No, I'll do it. Leave us." Jaime demanded, speaking in a stern tone.

Podrick nodded his head, walking toward the exit and leaving as Jaime placed his cup right-side up, "It's only wine." Tyrion reminded his elder brother, holding up his own cup before he began to pour it onto the table in hopes of making Jaime feel better.

Jaime sat back in resignation, watching a Tyrion stood up to pour himself another cup of wine, "I can't fight anymore." He spoke up, causing Tyrion to look at him puzzled.

"What about your left?" Tyrion asked his brother in a curious tone.

"I can hold a sword, but all my instincts are wrong," Jaime confessed, looking saddened, "How can I protect the king when I can hardly wipe my own ass?"

"You're the Lord Commander now. Command. Let others do the fighting," Tyrion suggested, walking over to his seat and sat back down, "When was the last time Father used a sword?"

"I'm not Father. I'm the Kingslayer," Jaime pointed out to Tyrion, letting out a large sigh, "When people find out I can't slay a pigeon..."

"Train, then," Tyrion suggested in a calm tone, "Learn to fight with your other hand."

"With whom? You?" Jaime asked, letting out a scoff, "Men talk. Soon as someone discovers I can't fight, he'll tell everyone."

"You need a proper, discreet swordsman. Or shall I say swords-woman?" Tyrion explained, causing Jaime to raise a brow while Tyrion smiled, "As it so happens, I have just the one. I think you'll be delighted with my choice."

__

    On the oceanside, Jaime sat on some rocks, waiting patiently for Annalys to arrive. He had been shocked when Tyrion told him the person he talked about was Annalys, but it oddly made sense as he thought about it. Annalys wasn't going to tell people of Jaime's state, she had no time for things like spreading rumors, she was too busy trying to keep herself out of Joffrey's reach after her last encounter with her younger brother.

    Just then, Jaime turned his head, seeing that Annalys had arrived, carrying some swords. Her face was still beaten up, numerous purple and blue bruises scattered across her face. Her split lip seemed to be slowly healing since the last time he saw her while her black eye seemed to have not gotten better.

   She wore a black leather fitted top with loose brown pants. Jaime was shocked any of the people at court allowed the princess to leave the castle like that without saying anything.

   Jaime looked at Annalys, finding her to be carrying swords over her shoulders. She walked over to a group of rocks, placing down the bag she was carrying as Jaime stood up, "Are you sure no one will see us here?" He asked her in concern, sounding extremely nervous.

   Annalys turned to Jaime, nodding her head in response before speaking quietly, "I'm sure," She assured him, beginning to glance around the area, "I used to come to this place when I wanted to get away from you lot growing up. None of you ever found me. Must mean something."

Annalys took a seat on the rocks and Jaime began to walk toward her. He held his Valyrian sword, spinning it in his wrist to warm up, causing Annalys to roll her eyes at him showing off, "You know, I've never seen Valyrian steel before. I'll admit, she's a beauty," She commented, pointing her finger toward his sword, "but the problem is, if you fight with an edged blade, I just might have to as well."

Annalys finally stood up, holding up two sparring swords, "And since I was robbed of my fancy expensive weapons the second you all took my life away, you won't have any fancy weapons either." She explained, tossing one of the sparring swords to the ground, which clattered upon impact with the ground.

Annalys walked past Jaime, while Jaime did the same to her, "I haven't used a sparring sword since I was nine." Jaime remarked, causing Annalys to roll her eyes at him once more.

"And I haven't used one since I was eleven," Annalys pointed out with an attitude, practically glaring at Jaime, "Are you gonna cry about it?"

   Jaime sighed, walking over to the sparring sword. He reached down to get it, only to have Annalys slap his hand with her sword, just as he was about to grab it.

"Ah!" He yelled out as her sword slapped his hand, causing him to stand back up and give Annalys a look of disbelief, "Bold warrior you are, attacking a man when his guard's down."

"Best time to attack a man, I could've sworn you taught me that," Annalys quickly responded, grunting as she swung her sword at Jaime.

Jaime couldn't help but smile as Annalys did so, her movements with her sword were perfect, yet effortless, unlike his. They continued to swing their swords at one another, but they were both able to block them at ease, more so Annalys. Jaime was about to swing at Annalys when the blonde female pushed him, causing Jaime to fall back against the rock wall.

"You must be prepared for anything," Annalys spoke to Jaime, lightly hitting him on the back with the sword before backing up.

Jaime turned back around to face Annalys, getting in his readied position, "If I still had my right hand..." He trailed off threateningly, but Annalys seemed unfazed.

"You would what? Huh?" Annalys asked Jaime in a threatening tone, "Finish that sentence. I dare you. Just know, after all these years, I've finally bested you with a sword, which means you have no chance against me."

Jaime swung his sword at Annalys, but Annalys was quickly to block the sword with her own before she swung at Jaime as well. Jaime blocked it, moving out of the way before the sword could hit him. As Annalys swung again, Jaime parried defensively, but oddly well. However, Annalys ended up getting him off balance again and caused him to stumble with a forearm nudge.

Jaime quickly recovered, turning to face Annalys as he panted and reset, "Come on, then," He encouraged Annalys, making an awkward attack before they continued, Annalys smiling slightly at him.

     It was odd. With Jaime, she found herself feeling happy, despite every moment since returning to King's Landing being miserable. He was her father, the person she cared for most in her family, despite everyone, including Jaime, thinking that person to be Cersei.

   Since the birth of her children, Cersei paid attention to each of them. She loved Annalys the most. There was no doubt about that. But the other children, especially Joffrey, required the most supervision growing up.

    Jaime, however, only spent time with one of his children. Annalys. Every single moment of free time he had over the years when he wasn't with Cersei, he was with Annalys. They shared a bond with each other that they had with no one else. Some would call it kindred spirits, but Annalys didn't believe that was the case.

     She always wanted to believe she wouldn't end up like him. The person known as the Kingslayer to everyone around him. Annalys wanted to think that she wouldn't be anything like the person everyone believed Jaime to be. An oathbreaker. Little did she know, when push came to shove, that was exactly how she would end up in the years to come. She didn't quite know it yet, though. No one did. Not Cersei. Not Annalys. Not even Jaime.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Ending of this chapter = BIG foreshadow for future 😉

Also, I kinda changed the outcome of this story around a bit. Something does actually happen between Annalys and Jon in this story later on and she does reciprocate the feelings eventually, but stuff happens and she ends up falling for that "other person" soon after, which ruins what she and Jon have. (Kinda, I think?)😂

I swear, when it comes to this story, I've changed my mind so many damn times. I honest feel bad for you guys bc every author's note there's something different and most of you don't even read them. I wouldn't tbh.

But of course, the end of the this book will always remain the same as I've planned it, I've been just changing around what happens between seasons 5-8 a lot bc I found it to be a bit dull.

Also, prepare yourselves, Purple Wedding next chapter!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 3.7K 19
- UNDER EDITING - On the day that her father, the Mad King Aerys II, was killed, Princess Visenya Targaryen, the true heir to the Iron Throne, became...
389K 11.2K 39
Hera's family was murdered in cold blood by their enemies. Hera got away and went to Winterfell, where the Starks lived. She knew she would be safe...
4.3K 137 9
'Oh Lord, Oh Lord, what have I done? I've fallen in love with a man on the run Oh Lord, Oh Lord, I'm begging you please Don't take that sinner from m...
41.1K 944 22
When it comes to war, I fight for Dorne. When it comes to love... I chose you. ⚔️ Oberyn Martells little sister joins him on his journey to the cap...