LION AMONG WOLVES | GAME OF T...

By arios2004

In which Annalys Baratheon is arranged to marry Robb Stark and when her 'father' dies, she is forced to side... More

CAST
ACT ONE
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
ACT TWO
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
ACT THREE
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
ACT FOUR
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
ACT FIVE
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
ACT SIX
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
ACT SEVEN
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
ACT EIGHT
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
EPILOGUE
SPIN OFF BOOK

7

21.1K 799 113
By arios2004

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 07. Wildings

  At Winterfell, Annalys and Theon were practicing archery in the main courtyard while Bran was going over a map of Westeros with Maester Luwin. Theon was doing pretty well with Archery, but it was clear Annalys was besting him, which distracted Bran from his studies.

"Bran," Maester Luwin spoke up in a warning tone, trying to get Bran to pay attention.

He pointed to a spot Luwinon the map with a wooden pointer, causing Bran to look down at it, "The Iron Islands. Sigil: a Kraken. Words : We do not sow." He explained, getting it all correct.

"Lords?" He questioned and Bran was quick to answer.

"The Greyjoys," Bran stated and Theon immediately stopped shooting arrows to speak up.

"Famed for their skills at archery, navigation, and lovemaking," Theon explained proudly, laughing loudly before resuming Archery.

"I could've sworn they were famous for their failed rebellions," Annalys remarked, getting a bullseye on the target while staring directly at Theon instead of the target.

She smirked at Theon, resting the bow that Robb had gotten personally made for her over her shoulder before walking away with a proud look on her face.

__

The following day, Bran was riding a horse with his new saddle, whooping joyously. Robb, Annalys, and Theon were watching him while also talking about the news that had received about Ned Stark being stabbed in the leg by Jaime Lannister.

"Not too fast," Robb warned him, both he and Annalys smiling at the boy.

"Come on, Dancer!" Bran told his horse happily, galloping around.

"When are you gonna tell him?" Theon asked Robb curiously, referring the information regarding Ned.

"Not now," Robb responded, shaking his head.

"Blood for blood. You need to make the Lannisters to pay for Jory and the others," Theon insisted and Annalys knew he was right, but she knew she couldn't let that happen just yet.

"You're talking about war," Robb reminded him.

"I'm talking about justice," Theon corrected

"It's not the right time, Theon," Annalys argued, shaking her head in disapproval, "Trust me."

"Only the Lord of Winterfell can call in the bannermen and raise an army." Robb pointed out, which clearly annoyed Theon.

"A Lannister put his spear through your father's leg. The Kingslayer rides to Casterly Rock where no one can touch---" Theon began to say, only to be cut off by Robb.

"You want me to march on Casterly Rock?" Robb asked Theon in disbelief.

"That's a fight we will never win," Annalys spoke up, shaking her head in disapproval, "Come on, Theon, don't be an idiot."

"Excuse me?" Theon questioned her defensively, "You think wanting justice is being an idiot? I suppose it's true when they say women either have beauty or brains. Never both."

   Annalys angrily stood up, looking ready to beat up on Theon after hearing his comment, "Listen here, you little--" She began to threaten Theon, only to have Robb grab her arm before she could lunge toward the Greyjoy boy.

"That's enough, both of you." He warned the duo in a stern tone.

Annalys sighed in defeat, looking from Robb to Theon before sitting back down.

"You're not a boy anymore," Theon reminded Robb, "They attacked your father; they've already started the war. It's your duty to represent your House when your father can't."

"And it's not your duty, because it's not your House." Robb snapped at Theon and even Annalys thought it was uncalled for.

Theon looked slightly hurt as it suddenly became silent in the woods. Both Robb and Annalys stood up and looked around, only to find Bran nowhere in sight, "Where's Bran?" She asked in concern.

Theon stood up as well and mockingly looked around too, "I don't know. It's not my House," He mockingly told the duo before walking off.

"Selfish prick," Annalys muttered under her breath, picking up her bow and quiver before she began to walk through the woods with Robb trying his best to keep up with her.

Soon enough, the duo found Bran still on his horse in the woods, surrounded by four Wildings. Three men and one woman, "Drop the knife," Robb ordered, starting to draw his sword while Annalys aimed her bow on one of the men, "Let him go and we'll let you live."

"I'd advise you do as he says, wildings," She insisted in a low, threatening tone.

  One of the Wildings, Wallen, suddenly pulled out an ax and charged at Robb. The two began to fight, and Robb evaded several swings of the axe before Annalys shot one of her arrows right through his throat. Robb gave Annalys a thankful look before Osha began to charge at Annalys, who ended up pushing her.

Annalys grabbed the woman by the hair before pushing her to the ground. She quickly readied her bow as another charged toward her. Before she could him herself, Robb rushed forward, stabbing the man through the chest with his sword. He grabbed ahold of Osha after doing so, leaving her and Stiv as the only Wildings still alive.

Just then, Annalys watched as Stiv pulled Bran off of his horse and placed a knife to his throat while Robb did the same to Osha, "Robb!" Bran shouted out worriedly.

"Shut up!" He growled at Bran before looking over at Robb, "Drop the blade!"

Without a care in the world, Annalys stepped toward Stiv, holding up the blade she had stolen from the dead wilding, "Stay back!" He shouted, pressing the knife closer to Bran's neck.

Annalys froze in place, not wanting to risk Bran's life, "I said, drop the knife! Both of you!" Stiv ordered and Bran was quick to speak up.

"No, don't!" Bran shouted out in a pleading tone.

"Do it!" Stiv demanded through his gritted teeth.

Annalys and Robb shared a look before looking over at Bran worriedly. Robb glared at Stiv before exchanging yet another look with Annalys, who finally solemnly nodded.

  Robb slowly placed his sword down, and Annalys dropped the blade to the ground. She lifted up her hands, slowly backing away. Suddenly, an arrow was fired through Stiv'schest from the back, causing him to let go of Bran before falling to the ground dead.

Annalys' eyes widened when she looked ahead to see that it had been Theon who fired the arrow.

Finally, Robb released Osha and he, Annalys, and Theon rushed forward to help Bran, "Are you all right?" Robb asked his brother in concern, looking down at the cut on Bran's leg.

"Yes, it doesn't hurt," Bran assured him in a calm tone.

"I'm glad you're okay," She sighed in relief as Robb picked Bran up.

Annalys quickly lifted her bow off the ground, pointing one of the arrows at Osha threateningly before Theon could, "Tough little lad. In the Iron Islands, you're not a man until you've killed your first enemy," Theon commented, "Well done."

"Have you lost your mind?" Robb asked Theon in disbelief, "What if you'd missed?"

"He would have killed you and cut Bran's throat," Theon told Robb before Annalys spoke up.

"Was there no other way?" Annalys questioned, causing Theon to stare at her in disbelief.

"To what, to save Bran's life?!" He exclaimed in disbelief, "It was the only thing to do, so I did it!"

Robb slowly looked from Annalys to Theon, then to Osha, "What about her?" He asked Theon and Annalys, clearly wanting some guidance.

Annalys still had an arrow aimed at the female wilding, clearly wanting to kill her. Osha, gasping, crawled towards Robb, "Give me my life, my lord, and I'm yours." She begged, causing Annalys to roll her eyes in annoyance.

"Enough of that!" Annalys complained, pointing a bow at her once more, "She deserves an arrow through the heart for what she's done, Robb. Why do we need a wildling?"

Annalys and Theon looked at Robb with the same expression. For once, they both agreed on a matter. And that matter was that Osha deserved to die.

"We'll keep her alive," He commanded, causing Annalys to stare at him in disbelief.

"What!" She exclaimed in disbelief, "Why would we do that!"

"Because I said so," Robb told her in a stern tone, causing Annalys to glare at him while Osha sighed in relief.

___

That night, Robb was sitting at the desk in his chambers, thinking about what was in store for the future. He sighed heavily before there was a knock on the door, "Come in," He told the person and the chamber's door ended up opening to reveal Annalys.

She wore a nightgown and her hair was fully down and brushed out. She walked over to Robb, leaning against his desk while still facing him, "Is everything alright?" He asked her curiously, noticing the worried look on Annalys' face.

"I must ask...." She trailed off, letting out a large sigh, "Are you truly thinking of going to march on the Lannisters? After Jaime Lannister put a sword through your father's leg?"

"I don't know," Robb confessed quietly, clearly conflicted, "It would not be wise, but I have thought about it."

"You're right. It wouldn't be wise at all," She responded, causing Robb to look a bit shocked at how blunt she was about her opinion, "It could end badly for all of us. We don't even know what happened exactly, Robb. Your sisters and your father are in Kings Landing. My grandfather is the most powerful man in Westeros. And the richest, might I add. His daughter, my mother, is the queen, and his son, my fa--" She cut herself off, letting out a sigh, "My uncle, is apart of the Kingsguard. My point is, Robb, my grandfather is practically untouchable. He's got more than half of the kingdoms wrapped around his little finger. Trust me. If we march on Casterly Rock, your father and your sisters will all be executed and he could bring everyone in Westeros crashing down upon us."

"Us?" Robb questioned Annalys, a smile on his face.

"Yes, us. As I've said, I am on your side, Robb," She reminded him, grabbing his hand and holding it, "No matter what," She paused, "I will send a raven to your father. To see what happened."

Robb gave Annalys a thankful look before speaking up, "You know, you were right when you said you weren't like most girls," He informed her with all honesty, "There isn't a single girl in Westeros who does anything like you do. You shoot arrows from a bow better than anyone I've ever known, even Theon. You fight men as if it's nothing. You voice your opinion even though it's frowned upon for women to do so. All these years, you have been a perfect princess and I couldn't help but find you a bit dull," He confessed, causing them both to laugh, "But the second your family left, I've grown to realize you're the exact opposite. You're the most interesting person I've ever met."

"You want to know why I've acted like a perfect princess for so long?" She asked and Robb gave her a curious look.

Annalys stood up, taking a step away from Robb, "Being the person I have these past few weeks would've gotten be disowned or even killed. If I was betrothed to any other man, I would've gotten beaten for treating you like my equal. I may be a princess, but I am still a woman. You will always be worth more than me in the eyes of everyone in Westeros."

A sympathetic look grew on Robb's face, "We are equals in my eyes, Annalys," He told her, only to earn a sad smile Annalys before she left the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 8.5K 190
Aelinor Baratheon stands out in her family. She doesn't have the golden hair and green eyes of her mother and younger siblings. Nor does she have bla...
10.7K 315 14
Helaena Targaryen was the last Targaryen alive, or at least Jaime Lannister thought when he held the babe in his arms, telling his beloved sister of...
7.4K 277 12
𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐂𝐄 ❝ 𝙞 𝙖𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙚! ❞ IN WHICH; Robert Baratheon's daughter gets...
41.1K 944 22
When it comes to war, I fight for Dorne. When it comes to love... I chose you. ⚔️ Oberyn Martells little sister joins him on his journey to the cap...