BLOOD CURSE

By AnaisC20

Vampyre and Pirate Captain. Lyria Blackwood was many things but she never expected to become the salvation of... More

CAST
~ PROLOGUE ~
~ PART ONE ~
~ ONE ~
~ TWO ~
~ THREE ~
~ FOUR ~
~ FIVE ~
~ SIX ~
~ SEVEN ~
~ EIGHT ~
~ NINE ~
~ TEN ~
~ ELEVEN ~
~ TWELVE ~
~ THIRTEEN ~
~ FOURTEEN ~
~ FIFTEEN ~
~ SIXTEEN ~
~ SEVENTEEN ~
~ NINTEEN ~
~ TWENTY ~
~ TWENTY ONE ~
~ TWENTY TWO ~
~ TWENTY THREE ~
~ TWENTY FOUR ~
~ TWENTY FIVE ~
~ TWENTY SIX ~
~ INTERMISSION ~
~ TWENTY SEVEN ~

~ EIGHTEEN ~

88 4 26
By AnaisC20

"P-pardon?" Lyria stuttered, pulling back with shock.

"You heard me. You are clearly hungry and I have come to realise that my blood calls to you. Drink." Lucien whispered huskily, dipping a finger in his blood before placing it on her lip.

Tongue darting out to lick away the blood, Lyria could not prevent the hungry moan that escaped her. Gums aching with want, Lyria took Lucien's finger in her mouth and sucked off the blood that still sat on the tip of it.

"Oh, God." Lucien let out a strangled moan.

As the scarce droplets of blood landed on Lyria's tongue, she knew she was in trouble. She had never tasted anything so intoxicating, so addicting. Leaning down to the blood pouring from his wound, Lyria trailed the crimson liquid  with her tongue up to his collarbone. Sounds around her became distorted and even Lucien's moans had become muffled as Lyria lost her to a blood haze she had never before witnessed. All it had taken were a few drops and she had been a goner.
After tasting Lucien's blood, she knew no other blood could ever compare. Nothing but his blood would ever sate her hunger. Bright lights filled her vision and she closed her eyes in euphoric bliss. This must be what Heaven felt like, Lyria thought to herself.

Leaning back slightly, she wasted no time in sinking her fangs into the vein in his neck. The fast thumping of his heart was all she could hear as the blood filled her mouth, and lust filled her belly.

"Lyria." Lucien whimpered, causing her to pull back in worry.

Fear of hurting him overpowered her innate instinct to keep feeding on him. But, she saw that his eyes were closed and his head thrown back in pleasure.

"Why did you stop?" He murmured, cracking open those mesmerizing blue eyes slightly.

Wiping away the smears of blood around her mouth, she placed a hand on his cheek before looking into his eyes. Leaning in, she noticed Lucien was doing the same thing, eyes already closed in anticipation.

Lips upon lips, body pressed against body. Both of them wrapped up in their lust.

Never before had Lyria come across someone who had taken such pleasure from a feeding. It awakened something in her: something she had kept buried for so long. Hope. Hope that maybe she could find a partner who embrace every part of her - the good and the bad. Maybe this was her chance to be with someone who did not flinch away from the monster within, but rather ran towards it.

Gripping the bottom of his shirt, she looked at him for reassurance, before pulling it up over his head and throwing it across the room somewhere. Blood still trickled from his wound, and the two puncture holes in his neck. Lyria licked it off his chiseled chest before reclaiming his lips.

Twisting them around, Lucien pushed Lyria onto the bed (he was slightly shocked at how easily she had allowed him to do it), before placing his body atop hers, never breaking their heated kiss. Tracing her bottom lip with his tongue, he growled when Lyria kept hers shut in an act of defiance. Gripping her bottom, he gave it a squeeze and smirked as she squeaked, opening her mouth. Slipping his tongue inside, he was so lost in passion that he had hardly registered that Lyria had twisted them until he was already on his back.

"Not fair." Lucien grumbled, frowning as she used her Supernatural speed to best him.

He quickly shut up when the feisty dark haired woman sank her fangs into him once again. Moans of bliss formed in her throat as once again, the sweetness of his blood hit her. This is how she wanted to live out her existence. As a Captain, lying on top of the muscular body of Captain Whitelock, his electrifying blood being her only meal.

"Lyria!" A desperate yell pulled her out of her lust as she recognised the voice.

Pulling away from the handsome blond, Lyria turned to look at James with an exasperated look, and prepared herself for another argument or a scolding.

"Oh, Lord." James gasped. "And you told me he would never agree to my plan. You just wanted to keep him to yourself, you scallywag."

"What do you want, James?" Lyria sighed, watching as Lucien pulled on his shirt in her peripheral.

"Erik." Was all James said before Lyria was hurrying downstairs, leaving Lucien to trail after. Neither of them remembering the bite marks on his neck.

________________________________________________________

Bursting into the tavern next to her inn, Lyria could instantly spot where Erik was; amid a group of onlookers, waving around his sword.

Erik was a member of The Crimson Rose and perhaps, the only one who tested her patience almost as much as James did. However, he did it differently. Erik was known for getting into trouble and fights, wherever he went.
Hotheadedness was his most well-known quality and he was always snapping at someone (aside from his crew). Many times had Lyria stepped in the middle of a fight to drag Erik away and scold him. If she left him to it, there was always the worry that his anger would consume him and he would reveal what they were by using his inhumane speed and strength.

In battle, she did not have to worry about her crew using their advanced powers as many people would believe it was just a figment of imagination whereas, in a one on one fight in a room full of witnesses, it was not so easy to disguise.

Placing one hand on her own sword, Lyria shoved her way into the circle where Erik was fighting with another man, both looking drunk out of their minds. Erik must have fed on a highly intoxicated person if the alcohol was in his bloodstream.

"Erik!" Lyria commanded, her sailor immediately turning to look at her. "Put down your weapon. Now."

However, just as he was about to obey his Captain, the man he had been dueling with took advantage of the distraction and charged at Erik. Temper rising, Lyria stepped into the battle, shattering the man's axe with her sword. Grunting slightly, Lyria turned to face the man with eyes of fury and fire. Eyes that showed him the depths of Hell itself.

Watching as the man scurried away, Lyria sheathed her sword before whacking Erik on the side of the head. Leading him to James, she scolded him with the same speech she had given him thousands of times before. Whacking him one last time, she pressed a kiss to his cheek before bidding him good night as James led him away.

"Enjoy your night, Captain." James winked once before disappearing into the night.

Neither one of them noticed how she was holding her side, or the blood dripping through her dark tunic.

________________________________________________________

"Come here." Lyria beckoned, once her and Lucien were back in the confines of their room. "I forgot to heal your wounds."

Using her dagger, she sliced a thin line across her wrist before holding it up to Lucien. Upon seeing the confused and slightly disgusted look on his features, she explained that by drinking her Vampyre blood, it would heal all wounds.

Still slightly apprehensive, Lucien thanked her before lifting the slender wrist up to his mouth. Surprisingly, it did not taste horrible. In fact, there was a slight sweetness mixed with the metallic taste. Awe filled his eyes as he watched the skin on his collarbone knit back together until the skin was smoother than it had been before. Even Lyria's skin wound had healed itself, not even a scar left behind.

"That was amazing." Lucien praised, slightly breathless.

Placing his hand on her hips, he went to pull her towards him when he noticed her blouse was soaked. Removing his hand, he noticed that the whole of it was covered in a red substance.

Not even giving her a chance to protest, he lifted up her shirt with a swiftness that surprised even him. On the right side of her stomach was a bloody mess, a shard of wood embedded into her soft skin.

"Why did you not tell me?" Lucien asked, yanking out the wooden weapon. "Here, feed on me again to restore your strength."

"I can't." Lyria admitted, staring at her wound as it fixed itself. She refused to meet his gaze.

"Because I fear I may not be able to stop this time. Your blood calls for me and I am afraid I may lose myself in its song. I could not bear it if I were to hurt you because of my addiction to the sweet taste of your blood. So, no, I can no longer feed on you."

And with that, she turned on her heel and rushed into the bathroom, emerging later in her nightshirt before climbing into bed and pretending to sleep.

"Good night, Lyria." Lucien said softly into the dark room.

She did not respond.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

911 90 27
My heart, which had been fluttering nervously in my chest, dropped to the soles of my feet. Familiar blue eyes met mine. In my dreams they were stee...
1.2K 169 38
*Frequent updates* {This book is complete and we will be updating it every few days.} All her life Truly Davelvon has been kept a secret from the res...
193K 6K 15
"Not all treasure's silver and gold mate." ~ During the 17th Century, the crystalline waters of the Caribbean Sea are nothing more than a vast playg...