BLOOD CURSE

By AnaisC20

Vampyre and Pirate Captain. Lyria Blackwood was many things but she never expected to become the salvation of... More

CAST
~ PROLOGUE ~
~ PART ONE ~
~ ONE ~
~ TWO ~
~ THREE ~
~ FOUR ~
~ FIVE ~
~ SIX ~
~ SEVEN ~
~ EIGHT ~
~ NINE ~
~ TEN ~
~ ELEVEN ~
~ TWELVE ~
~ FOURTEEN ~
~ FIFTEEN ~
~ SIXTEEN ~
~ SEVENTEEN ~
~ EIGHTEEN ~
~ NINTEEN ~
~ TWENTY ~
~ TWENTY ONE ~
~ TWENTY TWO ~
~ TWENTY THREE ~
~ TWENTY FOUR ~
~ TWENTY FIVE ~
~ TWENTY SIX ~
~ INTERMISSION ~
~ TWENTY SEVEN ~

~ THIRTEEN ~

98 7 17
By AnaisC20

Blood coated her chin, staining the white blouse under her leather corset. Releasing her latest snack, she patched him up, forced him to forget and gulped down her rum. Nothing was numbing the pain and rejection. She had tried.

However, she was now coming to the realisation that she hadn't tried hard enough. She hadn't really said sorry and she hadn't even found the courage to say out loud what it was that she had done to him. Lyria Blackwood was a coward. Or, at least, that's what she thought.

Going into another blood frenzy, she followed the scent of alcohol and sweat until she bumped into a drunken sailor from the Royal Navy. Giving him a dazzling smile, she beckoned him over before leading him into an alleyway. Pushing him up against the wall, she smirked as he so willingly gave into her charm. The worst monsters were those hidden by charm and beauty. The most hurtful words were those sugar coated by sweet falsities.

Sinking her teeth into his unwashed skin, she drank and she drank. And she drank. And she was so lost in her thoughts that she missed the tell-tale sign that told her when to stop drinking. The body was growing limp in her arms when she was pulled away from it.

Strong arms pinned her to a muscular torso whilst someone else attended to the unconscious man. Flipping her around, the man gripped her shoulders and shook her but Lyria was not responding. Her eyes were glazed over and her head flopped to the side once the man stopped shaking her.

"Shit. J, what was in that man's system?" Caleb called out to his friend, inspecting Lyria's catatonic state more closely. "She is out of it."

Dipping a finger into the wounds on the sailors neck, James lifted it up to his tongue. Recoiling at the taste, he turned to Caleb and shook his head, informing him that it was nothing good.

Hoisting the brunette over his shoulder, Caleb followed James through the shadowy streets and alleyways. Staying away from the light, they creeped past people and animals, communicating through hand gestures and jerks of the head.

"Crap." Caleb hissed as his foot caught on an uneven flagstone, causing him to trip slightly and stumble into James.

Catching his brother and his Captain, James straightened everyone out before laughing slightly at the mumbles tripping out of Lyria's mouth. Gently placing his hand over her mouth, they continued on their journey back to The Crimson Rose, laughing as Lyria continued to talk through James' calloused hands.

Once they were safely on deck, James took Lyria into his arms and carried her into the cabin. Placing her gently in her bed, he released her off her weapons, jacket, boots and outer corset before pulling the sheets over her and tucking her in. Brushing the hair out of her face, he pressed a gentle kiss to her temple before smiling at the woman who had given him so much.

"I could never hate you. I hate myself because I am the only one to blame for losing my place as Second. It was never your fault. Love you, Ly. Always."

________________________________________________________

Jordyn and Lucien were enjoying breakfast in his cabin when Tomas burst in informing his Captain of the arrival of Lyria and her two 'boy toys'. Lucien had sent him out with a light scolding and a laugh.

"You know, Tomas, you can always become one of my boy toys if you are that jealous." Lyria winked at the dark haired man, running a finger across his chest as he passed.

His low growl of frustration and irritation was enough to make Lyria's morning a happy morning.

"Good morning." Jordyn chirped, smiling at the Vampyre who didn't even look the slightest bit hungover.

"Stop looking at me like that. Yes, I went off the rails last night and did not check who I was eating. No, I am not hungover. Yes, I regret my actions. And I have a clear mindset for today's discussions. Let's leave it at that."

Apparently, both ships had heard about Lyria's eventful night and her drunken ramblings as her boys carried onto the ship.

Leaning on the edge of Lucien's chair, she reached over to pluck a grape from his breakfast, trying to ignore the sweet scent of the crimson liquid pumping throughout his body. The scent of jasmine mixed with salt water filled Lucien's nose as Lyria's curls fell in his face and he had to resist the urge to inhale deeply as she leaned across him. He did not resist the urge to look down at the soft breasts heaving as she breathed.

"Has everyone given my plan anymore thought?" Lyria asked, popping the grape in her mouth before looking at everyone in the room. "Can we agree that it is a good idea?"

"Nay." James and Caleb said simultaneously.

"Nay." The Whitelock siblings chorused.

"James, Caleb, you have to do what I say. Therefore, you must go along with this."

"Yes, but we are also meant to advise you against idiotic ideas." Caleb pointed out.

"Ah yes, speaking of idiotic ideas. James." Lyria got down on her knees before him, taking his hands in hers. "My sweet, beloved James, can you find it in your heart to forgive me? And to know that my harsh words were not your fault?"

Staring up at him with big doe eyes, she gave him a small smile, informing him that she remembered the words he had spoken to her last night. Chuckling slightly at the antics of his Captain, James nodded.

"Furthermore, will you be my Second again? From now until the end of time?"

"What about Isabelle? And Caleb?" James whispered, biting his lip.

"I have already spoken to them. They agree that I am making the right decision. The best decision. Not just for the crew, but for me. For you. Please, James. I can not be Captain Blackwood without you as my Second." Lyria begged, pressing her forehead to his hands in a begging gesture.

The second that the word 'yes' slipped out of James' mouth, Lyria threw herself in his arms, wrapping herself around him and squeezing him tight. Tears of joy slipped out of her eyes as she the familiar scent of James surrounded her, comforted her. James clutched Lyria tight, glad to have his friend back. All was right with the world. The trio were back together and nothing would tear them apart again.

Caleb couldn't help the beaming grin that creeped onto his face as he looked at his two closest members of the family embracing. Even Lucien and Jordyn were happy to see the colour returning back to Lyria's face, the spark flitting back in her eyes and the joy re-entering her soul.

"Anyway, back to the matter at hand, how do we stop Davy Jones?"

"How about we capture one of his men, and use him as bait. That way we get Jones' attention and in exchange for his man, he gives us the information we seek?" Jordyn suggested.

"You want to take a hostage?" Caleb asked incredulously. "What makes you think that Davy Jones will not just slaughter us all and take back our hostage?"

"Optimism?" Jordyn giggled nervously whilst Caleb just stared at her stone faced.

"Jordy, I know this is new for you, but you need to understand how dangerous this is. You are an excellent fighter but the only way we will ever survive this is if we let the Vampyres plan." Lucien comforted, rubbing a thumb over his little sister's hand.

"James, as much I detest having to say this, I believe that the only way we can get to Davy Jones is by using Lyria's plan." Caleb stated, instantly regretting the words that had left his mouth when Lyria smirked victoriously.

"Lyria, listen to me. The only way that we will let you do this plan is if you listen to me, Caleb and Lucien. And, you will not protest when we give you safety rules. Also, as your Second, I am going to be there with you."

Lucien felt oddly touched that he was being included in their family dynamic but he was slightly freaked out when Lyria agreed so easily, a strange glint in her eyes.

"So it is decided. I will be the bait."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

King's Guard By kara

General Fiction

3M 118K 47
"Why are you staring at me like that?" "Like what?" "Like you want to tear off my clothes." "And what if I do?" ~~~ Kingsley didn't believe in love...
10.4K 427 13
PIRATE'S KEEP: His Jewel, Her Rogue by Yvonne Bennett 🎇A AFTER HOURS PUBLICATION🎇 -Full copy available here:https://www.amazon.com/Pirates-Keep-His...
126K 8.9K 38
(EDITORS PICK) In the bloody, ruthless, and decidedly uncouth world of 17th century pirates, can a woman deceive even those closest to her and surviv...
911 90 27
My heart, which had been fluttering nervously in my chest, dropped to the soles of my feet. Familiar blue eyes met mine. In my dreams they were stee...