The Boy with the Two Toned Ha...

By dark_kai_art

(F/N) was a shy girl just trying to float her way through school, but that all changed when her great grandfa... More

A/N
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chatper Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Fourty-Four
Chapter Fourty-Five
Bonus 1
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Bonus 2
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Epilogue
Two Pink Lines

Chapter Forty

1.6K 65 6
By dark_kai_art

So I didn't bother trying to edit this as my friends watched the kid screaming about Sonic so just let me know about typos😂
Enjoy!

"Ah, good afternoon, Miss (L/N)," Mephisto greeted as I entered his office. I entered cautiously, quietly closing the door behind me. One morning, I had woken, getting ready for the day ahead when I spied a letter laying on my desk. Taking a closer look at it, I recognized Mephisto's hand writing. The thought of it made me shudder, but I opened it anyway. If it was from Mephisto, is had to be important. The letter hadn't given much information other than there was an emergency, and he needed to see me in his office.

My eyes widened when I saw two other occupants in the room. It was none other than Lightning and Angel. Both men had cups of what I presumed was tea. Angel looked as poised as ever while Lightning looked slightly out of place with his dainty little teacup.

"Please, have a seat, (Y/N)," Mephisto said, folding his hands on the table in front of him. I hesitantly took the only empty seat which was to the right of Angel. "Tea?" he asked kindly, an eyebrow raised in question.

"No, that's alright. Thank you though," I said, trying to mind my manners, covering the anger I felt rolling in my stomach. I hadn't even had so much of a warning. Whatever it was going on was probably an emergency, but you never knew with Mephisto.

I looked over at the green eyed man. He now had his own teacup in his hands, and he stared at me with narrowed eyes. His eyes seemed to speak to me, telling me to be calm. Despite how much I disliked he man, he knew what he was doing. I wondered if Shura and Yukio had gotten a chance to speak with Mephisto about my concerns, but I could ask now. There was too much at stake.

"Before we begin, I noticed your attendance at cram school was down," Mephisto said, carefully setting down his teacup in exchange or rooting through a few papers.

"I was sick the past few days I admitted. Just a cold, but I had a fever," I explained. He nodded, picking up his cup again. I bit my lip, trying to play my cards right. "Didn't Mr. Okumura and Miss Shura tell you?" I asked, hoping he would get that hint that I wasn't just talking about being sick. I wasn't to know if he knew about me concerns. A look of recognition crossed this face, and he frowned.

"No, they did not," he said with a frown. "That's very unlike them," he commented, looking extremely displeased. "I'll make sure to talk to them about being more diligent in the future," he promised. "Now," I said, folding his hands together. "The real reason I called you down was that there was a sighing of Ishida around the campus," he informed me slowly.

There was a sudden pang of fear jolting through my stomach. I wanted to disappear at just the mention of that name. And he was near the campus to boot. All I could think about that was the possibility of him discovering more about me or the swords, using that information to hurt me without even touching me. Goosebumps rose on my arms, and hair stood up on the back of my neck.

"(Y/N)," Mephisto's calm voice said lowly. "You're safe," he reminded me. I nodded, knowing he was speaking the truth. I took a few deep breaths until I had regained my composure. "Are you okay,       (Y/N)? Can I continue?" I nodded. "Okay," he said, pausing in case I wanted to change my mind. "We've strengthened the barriers and upped security to keep you and other students safe, but he's broken through all of the above. Because you are such a valuable exwire, Angel wants to keep Lightning around the campus in case of an emergency," he informed me.

"What about the Myoda Sect?" I asked. "They're supposed to be to here to protect me I thought," I said, confused.

"Yes, they are," Mephisto confirmed, "but Lightning is a very powerful exorcist, second only to the paladin himself. And Angel insists. We have no idea what this man is capable of, and we know for a fact he's after you," Mephisto reasoned. "Also, the Myoda sect can't stay here forever for one girl," Mephisto pointed out. "And I'm not saying your not important, but it's smarter to have one, more inconspicuous guard than a whole group of them." I understood where he was coming from, but it didn't make me any happier.

"Now, (Y/N)," Angel began, and I looked over at him. Every essence of the man was immaculate, from his hair right down to his boots. He seemed too perfect. It was a little unsettling. "We have decided on this for your safety. You and your swords could be a very important asset to the Vatican, just like your friend Rin," he said with a smile. "Lightning will be your personal guard and will attend classes and training. We don't know what this man is capable of. This is all for your safety, I assure you," he reminded me.

Anger rolled in my stomach at his words. He only wanted to use me as a human weapon. I had a hunch Lightning wanted to know more about the swords. We would have to do something about that, but I was sure Mephisto and Shura would be able to handle it. I put in my best fake smile and said, "I appreciate your efforts, sir. Thank you for taking this time out of your busy day to talk to me." He smiled at that, and I saw Mephisto smirk out of the corner of my eyes.

"Alright," Mephisto said flamboyantly, standing up and clapping his hands together. "Now that that all of this is cleaned up."

"Yes," Angel said, standing. He shook hands with Mephisto before turning to leave. That left just Mephisto, Lightning, and me. It was already incredibly awaked.

"Don't worry, (Y/N)," Lightning began, standing up. "I'll only attend your cram school classes," he said. "I'm just to patrol the halls while you're in regular classes." I silently blew a sigh of relief at his words, thankful to not have him trailing me all day. That would have been awful.

"Lightning, could I ask you to leave for a moment?" Mephisto said, taking his seat once more. "I need to talk to (Y/N) about her grades. Completely confidential, you understand." Lightning looked hesitant but nodded anyway and left the room. "There's something you need to talk about," Mephisto whispered.

I nodded in confirmation. I quickly and quietly told him what had happened during training the other week. The longer I spoke, the more concerned he looked. "Something doesn't feel quite right," I said. "I don't know what it is, it might just be me, but I thought I should let you know." I nodded, looking thoughtful.

"Yes, thank you for telling me," he said with a nod. "Now, you're going to have to be careful with training. Lightning can't know too much about the swords. I'll have a talk with Shura about it," he said.

"Alright. Thanks, Mr. Pheles," I said as I stood.

"Of course," he said, grabbing a piece of paper and a pen. He quickly wrote me up a pass and handed it to me. "Now, off to class with you," he ushered, shooing me toward the door. I raised a hand as I left the room, taking a deep breath to help prepare me for the coming day.

{Line Break}

My knuckles stung as I punched the rough punching bag in front of me, trying to blow off some steam. Ryuji held the bag in place and occasionally critiqued my form or my movements. I could he had been able to sense my unease all day, and we were taking some time to settle down a little.

During the day, I had managed to tell him what was going on and to say he was less than please was an understatement. He needed to work off some anger as well. He had been more and more protective of me since our fight, but I liked it. It was nice to have someone to lean on again.

"Twist your hips a little more when you throw with the right," he said, putting a hand on my stomach and lower back to run me through the motion. "That looks better," he said when he let me try it on my own.

"Feels better," I said, shaking my hands out. I looked at my knuckles, finding them ripped up and red but not bleeding quite yet.

"We should wrap these next time if we make this a regular thing," my boyfriend commented quietly, taking my hands in his to inspect the affected flesh. "Go again," he said. I did what I was told for a minute or so. "Keep your hands up when you punch," he instructed, demonstrating a little. I nodded and tried again.

"I think I need to be done," I said, inspecting my red and abused knuckles. The skin was ripped and bleeding now in some places. He nodded his head in agreement and moved to grab his stuff.

"You feel better?" he asked as he grabbed a sweat towel out of his gym bag. Without a word, I went over and wrapped my arms around him from the back. I leaned my head on the center of his back and let out a deep breath.

"Thank you," I said, my words slightly muffled by his shirt.

"Of course, love," he said, turning around in my hold to face me. I blushed bright red at the new nickname. He had started calling me that after our fight, and I was still getting used to it. "Why are you so embarrassed?" he asked, placing a kiss on my jaw. "You are my love," he said, moving to kiss the junction of my jaw, causing me to giggle. "I love that laugh," he whispered, his lips brushing my skin. "I love everything about you," he said. I blushed harder still and threw my arms around his neck to pull him into a tight hug.

"Love you, too," I whispered. Sighing slightly, I pulled myself from his arms. "I think it's time we head back. Rin said he was making pasta for dinner tonight," I said, grabbing his hand and leading him out of the training room. He chuckled and let himself be drug down the hall.

About halfway down the hallway, my head suddenly began to pound. I stopped, putting one hand on the wall to hold myself up and the other on my forehead. "Damn," I muttered. "What the hell?" I wondered aloud, not sure where the sudden migraine had come from.

"(Y/N), you alright? What's wrong, babe?" Ryuji asked, putting a hand on my lower back. I grimaced and screwed my eyes shut. The pain I felt was white hot, and just keeping my eyes open was killing me.

"I don't know," I bit out. "Migraine all of a sudden," I explained through gritted teeth. He ran his hands through my hair, something I did for him as he had migraines often, too often for my liking. They didn't last long for him, but they knocked him out of the game for a little bit. We stood in the hallway, me leaning against the wall and Ryuji rubbing small circles into the base of my neck.

Just as quick as it had set in, the margarine was gone. I breathed a sigh of relief but couldn't help but feel a little unease circulating in my stomach. "You alright?" My boyfriend asked, concern filling his voice.

"Yeah, it's gone already," I said, standing up straighter.

"Really?" he asked, disbelief written across his face. "Okay," he said, putting a hand on my back. "Let's get going again. You should rest," he suggested, and I nodded, feeling a little weary. He pressed a kiss to my temple, and we made our way down the hallway. Something was still nagging at the back of my mind as I went through the rest of my evening, my boyfriend by my side.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 54.9K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
32.4K 768 27
It was another year of the Grand Magic Games again. Of course, Master Jiemma chose you and the others to compete. Word around town is that the salama...
2.4K 61 14
(Y/N) is shisui's best friend and they have the most stable bond out of everyone in Kohana. Shisui and (Y/N) are similar in ways , but when the clan...
1.1M 45.4K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...