Until We Meet Again [JENLISA]

By theprofessoring

She's a runaway. She said her life would be better if she's away from her parents, from her hometown. She sai... More

The Runaway Girl
The Baker
The Girlfriend
Bread Pudding
Gummy Bears
Hot Air Balloon
The New Girl
The Past
An Untold Story
A Dream
I Miss You
A Cup of Coffee
Red Velvet Cake
A Surprise
Happiness and Jealousy
Relatives
Trust
The Calm Before The Storm
Fugitive
Until We Meet Again
The Meeting
Double Date
Blackmail
The Plan
It went well
Promise?
Broken
Mend The Bond
Would You?
New Beginning 2.0
Epilogue

New Beginning

5.8K 202 17
By theprofessoring

It is already evening. They have been strolling around the city—they visiting a museum that Jennie never stopped talking about.

Jennie loves the museum so much and was excitedly explained things she knows to Lisa. The latter seemed to enjoy it because she thinks Jennie is cute; how she explains.

Lalisa never forgets to capture her beauty; there are already so many pictures that she snapped. She can't wait to show them to Jennie.

"Lisa, here let me take a picture of you," Jennie said, extending her arm to reach Lisa's camera.

Lisa gave it to her; she wonders how well Jennie's skill in photography.

It is such a very pleasant day for Lisa that she can go out with Jennie again—well, they often go out but this time, she doesn't know why this feels so different.

There are moments when Jennie unconsciously held Lisa's hand as she leads Lisa to explore the museum which made Lisa's heart beats so fast and not to mention that she blushed so hard but Jennie hardly saw it.

But that's okay, Lisa is happy as it is.

--

Lisa can't believe they spent their time so much in one museum. She doesn't think they could make to the second one and also the zoo; the places they planned to visit today.

They are now at the park; having a little picnic there with snacks they just bought at the supermarket.

Lisa opened the chips as she took one bite, "I had fun" She said; looking at the later and smiles.

Jennie nods in agreement, "Yes, me too"

They trade silence as Lisa lay down; staring above her, admiring the beautiful sky.

Jennie, following the latter, lay down next to her. Lost in her thoughts.

They stay silent for a moment until Jennie speaks up.

"Come to think about it, I don't know much about you. We have known each other for almost a year. You completely know me; I'm like an open book but you... So mysterious yet intriguing me sometimes" Jennie stated. She turns her head to the side only to look at Lisa; they're staring at each other.

"But I have no guts to ask more about you"

Lisa smiles and turns her head back to see the sky that is getting darker.

"I'm afraid, to be honest. Afraid when the more someone or some people know about me, they will leave me at the end or even worse—they will take advantages of me"

"Do you think I will do that?" Jennie asked; a bit impatient.

Lisa chuckles, "I don't know, Jennie" She looks at her, "Do you?" She asked the latter.

Jennie sighed, "Of course not—and I can promise you that!"

"Careful with your words. You might break the promise because we'll never know what is going happen in the future" Lisa said leaving the latter in speechless.

Because Lisa was right—and Jennie admits it.

"Then, trust me"

"Why so suddenly?" Lisa asked bitterly.

This is her habit. Lisa always seems so defensive when someone actually asking her about herself; about her life.

Jisoo might be very close to her but she never asked who she is; she never asked about Lisa. Jisoo always be that friend who thinks she knows so much about Lisa because they talked heart to heart and is often have the same opinions almost about everything but in fact, Lisa only gave her glimpse of information about herself and Jisoo unaware of that.

But now it's Jennie who asked her.

She doesn't think she's ready yet to tell her about herself.

"I don't know. I just realized it. I barely know about you and I was so oblivious about it. I never cared about anyone but me. I guess..."

Lisa chuckled, she gets up to sits while her eyes are still on Jennie's eyes, "Isn't that what everyone does? We're selfish, Jennie. So it's not about you. If you want to know about me then fine. What do you want to know about me?"

Jennie also gets up as she sits facing her, "What are your other hobbies?" Jennie asked—her eyes sparkled in excitement.

Lisa hummed as she brings her fingers to her chin, "Dance"

Jennie's eyes widened, "Dance?? I never know. Do it Lisa!!"

"What??" Lisa laughed, "No! I stopped dancing 2 years ago and don't ask me to dance because it's not working. I won't dance right now"

"Why?"

"One question only for one answer. Okay? Next question"

Jennie seems so curious right now and when Lisa didn't want to give her the answer, she pouts like a little kid. Lisa couldn't help but laugh at the latter; leaving her in confusion.

But it's not Jennie if she gives up easily, her eyes are burning in passion. It looks like she's about to bring every question she's dying to know since then.

"When is the last time you dated someone?"

Lisa chuckles as she pinched Jennie's cheek, "Gosh are we starting to have this kind of question? This is a very private question, Mademoiselle Jennie"

Jennie, once again, pouts, "Just answer me" She whines.

"Well... It has been years since the last time I dated someone. I think it was when I was in high school?" She said tried to remember it, "But it was just puppy love; I guess" She continued.

Jennie nods.

"What about you, Jennie? When's the last time Chaeyoung called you?" Lisa asked.

She was stupid. She wished she could turn back time and not to spilled those words. She thinks she screwed up.

Jennie smiles, "Wow, I never expected you would asking me that—honestly"

"I'm so sorry Jennie.. I didn't mean to!!" Lisa apologized. Her face is really concerned. She shouldn't ask that question what a dumb person.

Jennie giggled instead of feeling sorrow, "You know what? It is weird that I didn't even feel sad; instead... relieved? I mean... I thought this break up still affect me in some ways but I was wrong—and you were right about what I felt"

Lisa knitted her brows in confusion, "Oh..." she said in speechless.

"And to answer your question—no. She hasn't contacted me again. I guess she's busy recording. About Jisoo, she sent me letters and flowers to the store and was texting me. She always apologizing. I told her it's okay—well, it wasn't but I'm not gonna throw hate to anyone; especially with those who have feelings"

Lisa gives her a warm smile, "That is great, Jen. I'm glad you finally found your track back and facing all of the things that going on around you wisely" Lisa said, genuine. 

She could never relate to Jennie. She simply just go away; leaving her family and her country only to taste the freedom that she will never get whenever she's around her family; her parents.

Jennie looking proud at herself after she heard things from Lisa. She smiles at the latter.

"Shall we continue?" Jennie asked.

Lisa only nods, she takes a sip of her bottle of Sprite.

"What is something you never tell anyone before?"

That one question has so many answers.

Lisa should have to pick one and she knows what should she picked.

"Are you sure you want to know?" Lisa asked; raised one of her eyebrows.

Jennie nodded in excitement, "Yes. You can trust me, Lisa"

"Well..." She started.

"I had a crush on someone that I'm afraid to tell her how I feel just because she's too perfect; too vulnerable and too soft. I like her since the first time I saw her; waving at me and approached me first. I never knew I needed her so much that I owe her anything because she helped me at the right time; the right moment" Lisa continued—slowly. Don't want to slip the truth yet. She lets Jennie drown into her thoughts. She loves her reaction the most.

"Why not tell her while you can?" Jennie stated; still oblivious.

"I don't know.. Should I?"

Jennie wants to nod so badly but she also hesitant. She doesn't know why she's feeling that way. She should've happy and support Lisa instead of feeling... lost? Like she's afraid she will lose Lisa when she lets her. Jennie knows how selfish she is but she doesn't think she's ready to let Lisa... go.

"Jen?" Lisa called her, "Should I?" She repeated her question.

Jennie cleared her throat, "I—yeah, you should. I mean, you'll never know if you don't try"

Lisa nods slightly, "Should I tell her now?"

Jennie is looking at the latter, she knows sooner or later, Lisa will probably leave her side and not being around her 24/7—so she sighed, "Yes. You should"

Lisa closes her eyes and opens it to stare through Jennie's eyes, "Then, Jennie... It's you" She said, "I had a crush on you and for some reasons, I backed up. One of them was because at that time we met, you were dating Chaeyoung and you were so in love so I didn't want to ruin your happiness at that time. I want to see you smile because your smile is my favorite, Jen" She continued.

Jennie couldn't believe herself; what she heard. She hates herself for not realizing things soon.

"But now that I have no reason to back up again. I don't want to waste my time not to fight for you. You were right when you said I will never know if I don't try—so here I am. Admitting my feelings. I like you, Kim Jennie—since day one"

Jennie closes her eyes, she's so relieved it showed through her face.

Maybe she is too—had a crush on Lisa even though she was late to realize about this.

Jennie; looking confident as always, "Then it is better to restart everything"

Lisa is looking at the latter; finding for the meaning of the words she just said.

"Let's start off from the beginning—a new beginning of our story. Start with the introduction. I go first" She stated fast, "Hello, I am Jennie Kim, I just broke up with my ex but don't worry it has been months since we broke up. Nice to meet you" She continued; extended her arm to shakes Lisa's hand.

Lisa reaches her soft yet small hand; she giggles because this is weird and cute at the same time, "Hello, I'm Lisa and I had a crush on someone named Jennie. Nice to meet you, I hope we can get along with each other" She said.

"Sure, Lisa. Oh and by the way, photography and dancing skill is a plus for me so if you are interested in both hobbies, let's talk about it more in the future. I'd like to hear more from you"

Lisa laughs as she covers her face shyly, "Jennie, this is so stupid. Let's stop. I'm shy"

Jennie also laughed at the latter, "But it was fun"

Lisa nodded in agreement, "Yeah it was" she said.

Jennie smiled, don't have any energy to laugh anymore tonight, "But Lisa..."

"Hmm?"

"I hope you will always be honest with me in everything"

Lisa gulped her saliva. She nods slightly as she caresses the latter's cheek, "I will, Jennie"

But it was a lie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

589K 8.9K 49
Warning- the story kind of sucks in the beginning but it gets pretty good (in my opinion) after chapters. Hope you enjoy :) Jennie is an exchange st...
STRANGERS By LVNA

Fanfiction

312K 10.8K 35
IX 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒔𝒊 𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒂 𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒂𝒏𝒔 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒃 𝒏𝒊 𝒋𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒆 THIS IS AN ORIGINAL STORY FROM MY WANDERING MIND. Please respect and do...
418K 14.2K 12
Life for Lisa became difficult after realizing her true feelings for her best friend, Jennie. This is my first story I have ever written! Please enjo...
671K 15K 42
Jennie is innocent. Her religious parents made sure of it. Even so, she still can't help but have a crush on a not so innocent Lisa. Lisa who has fuc...