Someone's Forever

By NeelamMenghani

*Long Listed for Wattys 2018* E-Awards 2017 Winner *Best Hooked Story * *COMPLETED* Life, love, hate and b... More

Someone's Forever
Prologue
1. Goodbye Normal, Hello Miracle
2. Let The Mystery Begins
3. Past, Present and Future
4. A Vow to Protect
5. Questions, Confusions and Amusements
6. Test of Patience
7. Deal that sealed Our Destiny
8. Consequences of Negligence
9. A Night of Dilemma
10. Faith and Myth
11. Enlightening Darkness
12. Breeze of Change
13. His Pain, His Relief
14. Old Pain, New Wounds
15. Shock One After the Other
16. Morning Mayhem
17. Stepping in the Arena
18. Calling out the Soul
19. Chaotic Afternoon
20. Just a Glimpse
21. An Evening Maze
22. A Little Further
23. A Spark in the Dark
24. And He Found Her
25. Conflicting Deception
26. Do Not Speak
27. Ancient Legends
28. Arrival of the Grey Sky
29. Closer to Appraisal
30. Meeting Mr. Mycroft
31. To Save the King
32. Check'Mate'
33. Defiance in Acceptance
34. Losing Her Chance
35. A Call from 'Treasure of Heart'
36. A Walk Unexpected
37. A Meet to Remember
38. Curve of Guidance
39. Conceptual Claws
40. Instinctive Step
41. Healing Wound
42. Webbing Deep
43. Reiterating History
44. Turned Table
45. Expectations Unexpected
46. You are Not Alone
47. Assurance from Guardian
48. Reaching the Surface
49. 'V' for A V
50. Lost and Found
51. 'Queen of Hearts'
52. Marvelous Majestic Meet
53. Old Rust but Gold
54. The Will of Time
55. Two Purposes, One Arrow
56. Apart from You
57. Mystery and Miracle
58. A Celebration so Special
59. Hide and Steal
60. You and Us
61. The Night Falls
62. Trust is Essential
63. Tussle to Throne
64. A Word with Divergent
The Slave
65. Your Answer awaits You
66. Privilege of Acceptance
67. Two Names in One Breath
68. Fire: A Lethal Game
69. Peace and Storm
70. Sweat in Smirk
71. The Mate Bond
72. Shield Defends, Sword Attacks
73. Heard Unsaid
74. Rational Rage
75. BitterSweet Sky
76. Defeated Victory
77. Knows More than Told
78. Desperate Diversion
79. Fragile Trust
80. Gust of Rush
81. Howling Heart, Quiet Eyes
82. Damsel in Despair
83.1 Dark of Light: Alicia
83.2 The Rising Dawn: Alicia
83.3 Balance of Nature: Alicia
84.1 The Preface of Pain
84.2 This Finally Concludes
85.1 Sparks & Pains
86.1 Always Behind of You
86.2 Behind the Maze
87.1 Sealed Secret
87.2 A Fate Sealed
88. The Rise of New Dawn
89. Closer and Far Away
Whispers of Forever
Someone's Forever
Sacrifices of Sapphire

85.2 Is Pain an end?

2.8K 174 73
By NeelamMenghani

Happy Forever Saturday!

***

"Even death has a heart."

Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

***

NIERA'S POV

Trembling and shattering of heart, I came to know what it means that night.

That night when you turned away, leaving my weeping heart behind,

In the freezing night, on soft petals, my tears rolled down, and froze,

On sizzling flames, hopes and desires burnt, and I could only watch helpless,

Last drops of rain pelt down, and we part, with one goodbye!

Is this last, my heart weeps, it is the last!

When pain and longings rise, is it possible for someone to break, not once I believed until I failed to comprehend the longing and pain of my own at something that was destined to happen since the beginning.

It was planned, it was assured, then why peace is messed up, why calm is aloof, and life feels so displeased and vexed. My own decisions are biting back, slitting off my sanity in pieces and I can't do anything but sit back and watch, time and patience to slip off.

From the lost space, my gaze averts and then settles upon the frame to a serene face whom this room—which I have come to say mine, belongs and a woeful smile leaks.

Sahira!

With a few wobbling steps, I reach her, caressing her smiling serene face, a tear rolls off, Jerry's cracked voice rings through my mind, once Sahira left and this home lost all colors, then you came and joy returned in different shades, now, this home will again lose life!

The cracks in his words, the spilling emotions belying in his tone, all jostle me, deep and hard.

Another tear escape!

And the smile on her face remind me of all those moments I spend with him, them and I realize, truth. Truth, I'm going to take away a small part of them with me, breaking off something that they have weaved with time, I'm going to shatter and take away a part with me, and with an almost certainty of never coming back.

Can't I do anything? Anything before leaving?

Sahira's warm eyes twinkle before me and a grin form on my face.

Perhaps, we can make more memories, before painful departs.

Ideas pop like Christmas lights and with one last grateful glance at Sahira's frame I sprint then move out.

***

"Yeah! It's simple." Fergal boosts with a smug face and I find myself appreciating his confidence knowing it's in time, he'll know better.

The afternoon finds us all settle in our living hall, in comfort and joy of moment celebrating the together time. When I'm pressed between Jerry and Tiara from left and right, Fergal sits in front and Mr. Black on his left, all having our drinks and grins as proceeding afternoon.

"Um! I think it's not a good—idea Fergal." Mr. Black, quietly advice the man who is holding the lemon slice with same smug look, his own cold coffee peeks through the clear glass. My gaze move to find my brother's cribbing ready to puke pissed face, which glares at me once noticing my stare at him. I grin brightly, before cheering for Fergal, who seems high in confidence.

"Delta! You can do this. Come on!"

"Yes, Daddy! Lemon, lemon! Me next!" I cringe at her request before squealing then shooting my brother a stern glare for his pinch on my arm.

Reading his face, I gulp then turn to my niece, a fake grinning seems a tough task, "B—baby! Sure, sure! You like orange, right, let's do this with orange."

"Okay guys, here my turn. Niera's No expression lemon eating task, here I go." I feel thankful toward Fergal for distraction and the Royal Delta puts the wedge of lemon in his mouth.

Batting eyelashes, holding breath and counting seconds we stare at the man, as he chew down the wedge, I almost cringe at the idea of losing but then, the stone features stir, then melt and Fergal flung for water between his groaning comical faces, and we bolt into fits of laughter, almost falling from our seats.

"Yak!"

"Daddy lost! Yay!" Tiger and I share hi-fi falling into another set of laughter.

"You should have told me, it's disgusting." Fergal hisses at Jerry.

"You should've learned from my turn, now enjoy Vitamin C." Jerry smirks before laughing at now red cringing Delta.

"But seriously, Niera, where did you find this prank, eating lemon without making face." I wink with grin at Mr. Black before a mock salute.

"Just internet and my smart mind." I grin holding my nonexistent collar. Jerry scoffs, Tiara turns toward the tangerines on plate, her eyes beaming and I smile shaking my head, before leaning forward to pull the plate in my lap, my niece follow plate with her gaze, I offer one wedge to her grinning, and she flings for it squealing.

"Well, it might be too early to ask, but just out of curiosity, what have you thought about joining A V Firm?" Mr. Black's words however cautious took away my grin. I let out a sigh, the sour lemon wedges in plate seems a plausible task to do than answer, yet I chose to answer.

"I don't know Mr. Black." Tiger's action seize at sudden turn of discussion, as she oscillates her neck to look at us all.

"A V Inc. is a great opportunity Niera. It'll take your career to great heights." Fergal said before gulping down remaining water from the bottle in his hand. His face still crumbles at remaining sourness lemon left behind.

I nod quietly. Indeed, A V Inc. is a great opportunity, an offer from global rulers is like a treasure finding for any experienced person, yet a rare case, since the complex procedures and choosy selection techniques, are hard to cross, it has been a question in world why this global leading name has been so private and classified, now knowing the reason which are in dark and unknown to world I can distinguish and comprehend why.

When I was called by Sir Gerard just after my leave from Gideon's floor, he offered me a managerial apprentice position in A V Inc. Despite me, he gave me time, telling me to not rush and think over his offer.

"You're thinking, they are offering you this because of the inconvenience this whole fiasco caused you?" instantly I find my brother sitting beside me.

"Then it's not. No one—no one connected to A V Inc. is less than excellent, only capable and people excelling their work are invited. Sir Gerard, if has approached you, it solely on your qualifications Niera." Jerry smiles, before patting my head in affectionate manner. I find myself smiling before snuggling into his warmth.

Perhaps it's my qualifications, perhaps it makes an absolutely remarkable idea to stay, but then I need to save the fallen!

My imprudence and curiosity has created a mess in past, what I fear the most is wounding someone who is special for me!

Can I take the chance?

For him, I can't!

"I'll think about it. Who is next?" I grin, averting the direction of conversation, and all our attention turns to now gulping Mr. Black.

"Oh goddess!"

***

"You know there wasn't any need." I heave out a sigh of resignation probably the sixteenth time before glancing at Mr. Black's way, who regards me with his slightly frowning gaze, I try hard not to grumble, but the wise man scoffs than smiles in his sophisticated manner and looks ahead. The dark invitation of night is on its way as sky is turning violet with pink hue, I stare out of the window to witness the blending shades like color pallet on sky before turning back to the man, my hand still on the steering wheel.

"I guess twenty, or twenty two."

"No, fifteen." The man sitting beside me in car mumbles sheepishly before we find ourselves laughing.

"You've been repeating the same line since we start from home, Mr. Black, why you have to follow the gentleman chivalry when a beautiful woman is giving you ride to home." I ask, wriggling my brows at him, despite his blush, Mr. Black laughs.

During our celebration, Fergal got an urgent call for which he and Jerry had to leave, Jerry took Tiara with her, leaving me and Mr. Black, who had the task of working from home. In absence of his car, and the two men of home heading to different directions, I chose to jump and offer him ride, like any gentle crisp collar man, he denied until receiving another call. Defeated under urgency, he agreed by it didn't stopped him from pestering me in formality.

"Well, it's a great honor, getting a ride from Lu—You Miss. Beautiful woman. But still,"

"You're home gentleman, now about my fair," I raise my brow, the man beside me seems to bloat with sudden bafflement, I keep my expressions intact as to show my seriousness.

Then he nods, slowly, like the meaning behind my words finally made settles, "Okay, how much."

"One."

"One?"

"One promise, one request." I enunciate.

Mr. Black frowns at confusion and my chest blossoms with a new fear and anxiety at the following request, I'm hoping to put in front of him. Despite the thousand thoughts, I can't help but feel defeated under the desperate wish of my heart. After all it's time to share what has been protected in the confinement of my heart.

My silence seems settling unwell to him as his anxiety thrives and soon I find myself feeling the cold temperature which soon raised the goose bumps around my exposed skin.

"Wha—t?"

I almost release a sigh of relief as he croaks out but it only hikes my dilemma, I conflict whether to go ahead or not then settle with decision.

"Can you—can you," I grow internally, my grip on wheel tightens before I face him again.

"Gideon wasn't looking well since he is back from Foundation land; you stay the closest to him. Can you take care of him more; while he settles back to routine. I know you will yet, it's a—"

"I'll try my best to assist him." He swiftly cuts me off with a smile, and soon I find myself smiling—grinning in gratitude.

Since our goodbyes, my chest is constricting, a heavy burden of overwhelm is pulling me to despair and a pinch of which, I'm assured is because of Gideon, his back leaving me behind still leaves me restless during sleep.

"But maybe it won't be needed." His in the mouth mumbles, but eventually I catch in close car. I frown but stay quiet.

"Thank you." I smile before shooting out of car as Mr. Black opens his side of car, opening the back door; I pull out his wheel chair and help him with his seat.

"Thank you again." The man bows and salutes resulting me in chuckling.

"I would love if you come inside and have a coffee with me."

"That's very sweet of you Mr. Black, but maybe some—" I bite my lip instantly, and his gentle smile fades at my halt, "Um! How about tomorrow? Since today you all had a sufficient amount of citric acid. It's good for stomach to rest a bit."

We chuckle as he nods. "Sure."

"Then, I'll take your leave." I said, glancing at the warm small home, white painted fencing protecting the vibrant blossoming garden of different flowers, the plants are highly cherished here, the bright garden proves the love of owner—or person maintaining garden. Then a white small cottage like home, with one glance of outside I can attest, this home is warm and comfy from inside.

"You have a beautiful home Mr. Black." The words slip my lips before I can realize. When I cast a glance at him, the man on chair looks behind him and nods, his smile seems proud but woeful. Or perhaps I mistaken in dark.

"I should leave." I said before walking toward the other side of car and opening the door, with one wave, I sat and reversed the car; I drove but caught a glance of man who was staring at his own home with a lost sight.

The evening finally settle into dark and I turn on the head lights of car, the smooth driving made me almost sit back and drive slow and leisurely, I have always complimented Jerry for his maintenance habit of cars and electronics, although it looks obsession sometimes but both of his cars can compete any brand new out of showroom model and win, I envy his care sometimes since I have been a selfish busy person who knows how to drive only. For which I have been scolded by Papa and Prince always.

Through my thoughts, I'm pulled out as I put sudden break which made vehicle jerk sudden and tires screech, I almost hit head before I shoot my gaze ahead and glare at the smirking figure standing between the dark middle of road.

The sharp headlights of car fail to make her squint, not even a small crinkle shows on her face in white light glare.

The next thing I know, I move out of car, the thud of door close rings behind me as I stride toward the vile woman.

Lamia!

"What is this?"

"Your driving skills." I almost roll my eyes while mentally breaking her shrugging shoulders.

"Do you want to die? If so; find a mountain or ocean, car accident is too down for a traitor like you."

The silent road wakes under her shrilling laughter, for one second it mesmerized me, her pale complexion can be an alluring feature but then she is not alluring when one knows her.

"Traitor? What have I done Niera?" a shiver of fear runs through my spine as I hear her pronouncing my name.

I should have run my car over her?

Murder through accident should be damned! I wince internally at the lost opportunity.

"Oh! You must be mentioning Delta Sahira's death. Who said I'm a traitor, watch your facts Darling. It was I, who saved treason by killing her. Ever heard this; a rebel who brings down the one committing treason is called a hero. I'm that kind of hero."

Hero or villain!

Lese-majesty!

My fists curve into ball, and I find it hard in me to control the urge to not slap her.

"Why are you blocking my way?" I grit through my teeth.

If possible I might bust on her.

Her proud smile widens and it seems more sparkling through car's light.

"I was on my way, you just happened to cross on wrong time." Her mumble soft like lullaby of late night, strangely when I compare it, it sounds as creepy as it should.

Knowing it'll be idiotic to argue at her, I let out a sigh before turning.

"How is the little traitor doing?" the words still me, almost startle me, before I turn, to face her with frown.

"What?"

Lamia smirks, delighted, "You heard it, you just want me to repeat."

"I do, because I feel I misheard."

Taking a step forward, she eyes me, from toe to head, and the corner of her eyes crinkle, "You didn't. I'm asking of the little girl you hide in your bosom these days. How is she now; does she withers in nightmare of her mother's, does she cry aloud. She used to earlier."

"Lamia!"

It took my every bit of self control to not strangle her in my wrath.

"What? Don't take me wrong, I'm sincerely concerned, although she is daughter of a proven traitor," a sinister smile flaunts on her, "But she still is a child, I'm not a monster."

Vicious!

I'm sure my eyes must be spitting fire, and it was only entertaining her. Lamia knows how to play with one's weak spot.

"Right... you aren't. You're worse than one."

I flinch hearing her malicious laughter, the surroundings must be too as a dead silence grew around us.

"Nie—"

"Look, Lamia, I have nothing to do with this. But you better stay away from Revin's; it'll be in your best—"

"Oh how lovely. You are threatening me—"

The night seems getting darker and deadly, between our argument, it seems like changing color.

"I'm not threatening you Lamia. You have no idea what I'm. Don't take as a naïve fragile doll who would shiver with your power or strength. I know what I'm and I know how to protect for what I stand. This was just an advice till now, but your ignorance and hollow high attitude has made me rephrase my words. Now I'm warning you, stay away from my Tiara and my brother, or you'll see the worse of me."

Her eyes split fire and rage, devouring me in her mind, burning me, leaving me to bleed. But I stood my stand, not even flinching from her fire.

"Two days acquaintance and you are standing to protect them. You are a fool, I knew but speaking to me like this," her nose flare, I almost saw the orange flames coming off from there, "This is your biggest mistake and you'll bear the last consequences, you'll pay off." Like death whispers, she lowers her voice.

Taking a step closer, I lean a little to her, my anger equally flaring, "Make me pay, try me Lamia. Let's see who pays and who bears."

"Walking on the cloud of confidence, you think you'll overpower me. You are the mate of Guardian descendant, unmarked. Unaware of what you're facing, it'll be a pleasure to see him dying all his life."

Her words were like gibberish of another language.

Is she talking about Ace or Gideon?

Mate?

That means Ace.

"Lami—" my call for her dissipates in tranquility when I find her absent, looking around I try to find her but fail. A soft snarl then make me jump, my gaze snaps at my left, between the dense shade of trees, I see a light brown wolf, when our gaze met, it steps back and leave.

Did it heard?

Who was it?

***

With some colors, white stands different, with some colors, black stands different,

In the contrary,

With some memories pain is precious, with some pains, memories are precious.

A quiet chuckle escape my lips as I fold another of my socks pair before tucking it under my utility kit, Packing can be tiring, but becomes disastrous when you're in no mood, I thank my inner snarky subconscious for being poetic to keep me awake while this distressful task.

"Aunt Bambi!" And soon enough I find myself freed from all thoughts.

My lips automatically curve into a bright smile, I open my arms as my Tiger approaches me bouncing.

"Hm! So how was the day?"

"Boring...!" The beautiful girl in my arms pout; giving me a reason to chuckle for her comical face. Holding on my grin, I stare at her; whose eyes are glowing, twinkling. In that brief moment, I witness Tiger has the same warmth of Sahira's eyes. Even when I haven't met her in person, Sahira's face meeting me each day made me somewhere has the same effect.

I smile warmly at the child, before cradling her deeper in my warmth.

Since the day, we had discussion about Sahira and that dreadful day, I have witness Jerry's beast taking command, most of the day he stays outside, avoids us, Fergal however had been obvious of his etiquette, Tiara is immune as she is happy with her Dada's beast, whereas I, I however try, the beast keeps his distance.

Terry is warm, yet Jerry is approachable!

"What were you doing? How was your day?" my Little bundle of Joy averts back my attention, I raise my eyes to her face and smile.

"It was precious."

"Precious?"

"Yes." I nod at her scowl.

"How a day can be precious?" still scowling, she glances at the pile of clothes before us, scrunching her nose in bafflement.

Tiger must not know. Not so soon. It will make her sad, and my bothersome, to leave when she'll ask me to stay.

I wistfully smile nodding at her, she crawl down, taking a seat in front of me, monitoring my face in anticipation.

"As the ordinary days pass, around usual surroundings, suddenly I feel; it's precious. Can you tell me why?" I ask her, Tiara gave me her quick frown, apparently her Aunt Bambi has put her in troubling situation to muse over.

"Have you ate anything?" I asked her instead, shifting the topic. Like coming out of daze, Tiara bobbles her head, giving details of her entire day.

For a brief moment, I find relief washing over me for averting the little girl's mind; my worry shouldn't contaminate her jovial smile.

"How about you go and have some board game, I need to clean this room. I'll join you soon."

"Of ho!" she slap her forehead like a perfect drama queen on my suggestion. I raise my brow; I need to ask these two melodrama men to reduce their telly time. This drama love is affecting Tiara.

My sane adult mind nods in agreement.

"I will go to Grammy's. She has asked me to company her when she watches Urdu dramas." I gape at the child; her accent put me in perplexities.

"Why would she ask you to, you know Urdu?"

"No, she knows."

"That's great. But then, why would you watch—she would ask you for company?" a very sane logical question rose from me.

"Because then, I'll learn Urdu." The three inch height girl said like she was speaking to a child, immature child.

I almost scoff but gasp at her.

Does she knows proper English, that she is learning Urdu?

But that's a good start!

"Do you know Urdu Aunt Bambi?"

"Um! Yes, a little." The child hears me attentively.

"When you'll be leaving?" I ask looking at the almost neatly folded pile which I'll soon be putting in suitcase. I plan to do this task when she isn't around.

"In an hour."

Her reply put me at ease, asking her to play; I let my gaze fix on the phone of mine on charge.

Another sigh escape my lips.

As the time passes, I see importance in every ordinary routine task around me, since the time is passing, I'm trying to adjust my heart and mind, it may not last for long. That I'll be saying goodbye very soon. That I'll leave this all behind me and walk away on my way back.

So when I think about it, I see how precious these ordinary days are.

Soon, I'll be missing this, all of you and weep quietly behind closed doors. Soon!

*~*~*

The breeze scents like tangerine and the trees look happy, I wonder if they too wait for rains after a sunny day. The sun seems bright like a jovial face of child, awaiting to greet father after a long tiring day.

My lips twitch when I look above, squinting through the sunlight; I send a wordless thank you. Contrary to the chilly nights, the days are warm and comforting, when nights remind me gloom, they show me a majestic way of life.

Another breath escapes me as the cool breeze touches my skin, and I almost feel content through the refreshing touch.

It seems good, walking aimlessly through the quiet yet alive surroundings, where there is no rush to reach anywhere or being late while counting on the excuse to be presented, being alone, quietly walking through the most known unknown roads seems nice, sounds nice, you don't feel alone, but you don't feel any absence, any companion, or friend, or anyone to walk beside you, as quietly as the weather is and feel each touch and every scent along with every call of other creatures around you.

It's difficult, to find peace through chaos, it is difficult to feel accompanied through loneliness but then nature is mighty, it can bring peace through the cyclone.

Just like now,

When I stepped out, my mind was mess, a chaotic turmoil; I was walking keeping active in my mind.

Lamia's words wrapped in threatening I stand unable to wipe out of my mind. How can I, when she directly threatens me taking my mate—Ace's name.

The word seems quite, and I recall them as freshly as they happen like a moment ago.

Jerry and Fergal are still unaware, despite a genuine reason, I couldn't bring myself to tell them, because in a day I'll be leaving, with me, her anger too will leave and I know she won't think of hurting Tiara. It was just to rile me up. It'll settle down, once I leave.

I hope...

The sight of old iron rusted gate brings me back to present as I peep through it only to find the Mist blanket covering the inside view in its pure white layer. A sigh escape me as I find myself fighting the temptation to push the gates and walk inside. It seems mere two seconds before I find myself walking through pavement closer toward the tall gates.

Then I stop, the fog coming out of my mouth somewhat surprised me when the sunny sun suddenly turns shady with reverting sunlight, I frown before a squeal of sudden startle releases blending well with the tranquil surroundings as the gate creaks open, apparently for me.

Struggling between careless grin and sane frown, I made my walk inside, a sudden gust of breeze made me shiver, apparently because I wasn't anticipating chilly wind through a sunny date, but I suppose this park is immune to natural conditions. Come to think of it, this park has always been misty, an cold, calm and tranquil yet distraught in its own definition.

Blinking, I crumble the thoughts away as I walk further, until I find the bench, I usually sit at, the creek making serene sounds as water travels in waves and my smile amplifies as I find the dark outlines of someone sitting on the bench.

One heart of mine hoping for the fragile lost girl, other wishes to meet the old aunt, who has been guiding me through different times, her words have pull me up from disastrous situations also made me immune to distress of failure and falls.

With another breath, I realize I wish to meet them both, the girl in grief and aunt Idiom, as they are somewhere a part of this whole journey and my progress here.

The mist stays around me yet makes way for me as I walk closer to the bench, the wet fresh grass tickles my skin and half minded-ly I wonder how in a sunny day, land is wet and muddy.

From a thin pursed line, my lips curve, into a smile when I look at the person in better view. My heart leaps in joy to find the lost painter Girl staring at the direction of creek, yet her gaze unfocused and lost.

A grin forms on my face and with two excited steps I reach in front of her, the sweet eccentric musky scent, now seems more alive in air.

And I frown, feeling light yet baffled at the familiarity of this scent.

Regardless, I look at the girl, almost unaware of my presence as an intruder.

Why she has to be like this? Lifeless, lost and waiting!

Can't her life change a little, a few moments to smile, a few to enjoy, why only gloom whispers lullaby around her, why not a song of happiness?

"Hey!" I sit down beside her, her scattered papers and pen, making enough distance between us; I keep a little distance from my side, remembering the stiffness in her whenever I had crossed the proximity unintentionally. My gaze lingers on the unfinished design on paper resting on her lap. Tilting my head, I try to understand but apart from few curvy lines my inartistic mind failed to understand anything, with a resigned sign, I raise my head to her face, still toward the edge above creek.

"How nice it is to meet you once again." I smile at the gloomy girl; her grieving features however couldn't waver down smile from my face.

"On my first day, we met, you showed me the path to my destination, now, it's my last day, thank you for your help and visits." Words flowing like cascading tears for reason, and I seem unwilling to stop them.

"Have you reached to your destination?" the soft mumble rise into the misty surroundings then settle like cyclone into me, I frown facing her and my heart leaps a little.

The query in her soft tone, like pebbles in water, yet I caught a firm and serious question which she asked and wants to be answered.

"Ah! Yes, I reached, of course, that day; I easily found my way back, thanks to you."

Her eyes twinkle in bright mirth, almost stupefying me, then she does leaves me astonished, when she scoffs. I can't help but gasp, witnessing her scoff in this manner brought me to surprise. I can't imagine such a fragile girl shrugging a matter in such careless manner.

Why always I feel a sudden urge to protect her, my nature and my heart both leaps to take her in my embrace and shed her. Is her fragile form a reason, or some other connection?

Whatever it is, this might be the last!

"Why you say last, are you found?" her soft mumble inquires, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?"

My chest swells with unnamed blossoms, from her words to those doe like big eyes twinkling into some amazement, and somehow, it succeeds in leaving me flabbergasted.

"Yea—hh! I'm going back to my hometown," I mumble, partly focused on conversation, partly reeling into my trail of musing.

She stays quiet, not even blinking when I reveal my news, and strangely I found this settling comfortably with myself.

My eye widen with sudden something.

"Oh! Yes! I have your sketch—painting, I forgot, I'll give it to my brother, he'll come and return it someday."

If I knew I would have brought it with me!

"I told you, I don't need it for now. You'll bring me when I need." The conviction in her tone startled me; I gape then sat blinking at her pale fawn faced girl.

How will I, when I won't be available anymore?

"Well then, goodbye. Take care of yourself, and—" I contemplated for a moment, "Make sure you accept the awaiting hand of life, I wish you a happy blissful life." I smile, but it fades away when the sparkling dark eyes of her snaps at my way. The intensity almost shook me, paralyzed me into stupefaction.

The lose tendril of her dark waves fell into her face, it danced with wind, creating a mesmerizing moment on her pale face, her stoic expressions never changed but it brought me to smile, looking at her fragile face.

"Goodbye?" soft lines crack through her forehead, "It's about time." A frown appears on mine too at her mumble.

Thinking about goodbyes, distress constricts in my chest, not emotionally, but a physical form of pain brings despair, my hand flew to cover the aching part of my chest.

Who says pain is emotional, mental trauma can bring physical assault.

"Don't be afraid!" she calls, and I look at her through squinted eyes fighting pain.

Afraid?

Without saying anymore, with one last glance, one tight smile through pain, I turn away from lost looking girl.

The mist which used to float in corners, comes as the distance of iron gates reduces, I blink at the strange phenomenon. I walk away without another glance back knowing there will be nothing but fog.

Walking back home doesn't seem easy as it was to walk when I left, the daunting thoughts of Lamia and her threats were pestering me; now, I find Lamia leaving my subconscious mind and something else taking command of my thoughts.

Although it has always been eccentric, why I find myself unable to shake the image of that girl off my mind, like something is halting me, pressurizing me to not and this has keeping me agitated but active on her.

Strangely the beautiful mane of hair of hers, her scoff unable to dust off from my mind, which almost made me lost yet frustrated.

In my incessant trail of thoughts I notice now, that I have reached home. A smile slips, and I slide the front iron gate, the quiet surroundings brought another delayed realization, home is empty, I'm alone.

I make a face at the desolated place before flopping down on the sofa, pulling the cushion on lap. My eyes squint, when I find a paper on table under AC remote struggling through the air while flipping, I lean forward before pulling the paper. A bright smile starts to form on my lips and stops at grin until I read the messed up yet readable handwriting of my Tiger with small correction from my brother.

We are going to market; I will bring choco—mocco mocha, and ice cream for us Aunt Bambi. Wait for me—us! J

— Tiger and Dada!

Choco—mocco!

I chuckle before neatly folding the paper and securing it inside the book on table. Suddenly realizing Jerry mentioning the need to buy groceries, his leaving—letting Tiara leave me a letter just made me feel more conscious of my forgetful memory, and their paying attention on my small details. It made me happy.

The cool wind from outside seems more inviting than the comforting quiet of home as I move then stand to stride outside but stop, a folder scattered near the folder rake caught my attention. With a thin line on lips, I find myself walking there and kneeling, wondering if its Tiara's doing in order to find a paper to leave me note. Once done, I open the cupboard to place the folder neatly.

Through the folders, I sigh, perceiving at some might be important as they hold the Logo emblem of A V between filigree design.

A V, my eyes still staring the filigree design. And I find my hand reaching forward to pull out the cover, raking my fingertips through the name.

Princess Alicia's pearl face flash through my eyes and sigh, feeling a bubble of despair forming in my stomach.

Why she has been like this?

The thought crosses me as I pull myself up on feet and putting the folder and cover in hand in cupboard.

Several thoughts bundle up in my mind, some regarding Alicia, some regarding the girl in park, some with my visit on the Land of Foundation, some my visits at park, and some through Gideon's floor.

All piling up inside and riling up my conscious mind.

I let out a resigned sigh before face palming myself and rubbing it forcefully until I feel the sting at friction.

Until...

No way!!!

It can't be!

It can't!

My eyes widen under the cover of my palm, can it?!

"Frustration is biting."

I still, my breathing stops and without removing my hands for my eyes I find my goose bumps rising through my nape. Just as I find enough strength to face the fear, the fear laughs.

The devil in disguise stands smirking at me at my brother's living hall and I stare helplessly drenching in cold sweat.

"Lamia...?"

With the name that whispers through the hall, her smirking face falls, like ice melts when thrown to molten lava and my strength to comprehend falls into the pit of hell when her twinkling brown eyes shifts into the color of death in crimson.

She is falling into her supernatural phase!

Vampire!

"Worthless, yet you crossed the line. Goodbye Guardian Woman!"

Like a small fragment of time, between frames of vision, in a blink, I watch as the woman's mouth opens inside her scarlet lips, her dead crimson eyes spark in sheer nefarious glow and soon sharp white fangs fall out of her elegant mouth and in a blink, a classy cultured sophisticated lady turns into something wild and barbaric before she flings forward, near me, closer me.

She is...

"NO!!!!"

Cold touch makes me jolt in terror and tight grip makes my bones crunch, still like steel I watch in horror when the last blink let me witness her last glance.

Last glance before pain shoots,

Pain shoots,

On my neck,

On my neck, when she lowers her head,

Her fangs on my skin,

My skin pierces,

Tears apart as the sharp edges sink,

Sink and pain erupts,

Pain and horror blends, leaving me paralyze

Then more pain comes

And burns me,

More pain and more horror,

Until dark clouds surround me, my bones breaking and pain amplifies,

Then I blink again,

Before my back hits the floor, my head bears the fall,

I don't wince, I can't

Because it's all pain!

Pain, just pain!

And then...

It's end...!

End...?

***

April 13, 2019

Don't kill me. Don't hate me. Please!

Share your views, even my ears bleed with curses.

I hope you enjoyed—maybe not. Share your views.

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share. It'll be appreciated, even if you cuss.

Thank You,

Neelam

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 5.8K 140
A perfectly planned and coordinated cross country trip sends a young woman's world spiraling out of control with lifelong secrets coming to light, ke...
17.7K 1.2K 49
{WATTYS 2023 WINNER} • Book 1 of the Daegelus series • While hunting for his missing friend, Elijah stumbles upon a fiery journalist, who so happens...
16.7K 513 34
In a pack where rejection and blame reign supreme, Catherine stands tall against the relentless tide. When her parents fall victim to a rogue attack...
20.8M 679K 109
Once a forgotten Omega, now the next Luna of the Blood Moon pack-Nova must uncover the secrets of her heritage while unraveling the reason her new Al...