PHILOSOPHY ☽ m.y.g

By taekee

❝ What's the meaning of life? ❞ ❝ Why are you asking me? Just Google it or something. ❞ ❝ If Google knew it... More

I N T R O
P R O L O G U E
1. Glasses
2. Encounter
3. Tissue
4. Shakespeare
5. Piano Man
6. Games
7. Test Grades
8. I See Pink
9. Plans
10. Music Room
11. Partners
12. Good job..sort of
13. The house visit
14. Making Plans
15. Sick
16. The D-Day
17. Anime Betrayal
18. Long Breaks
19. A day with Noona
20. Man with the Plan
21. Apologies
22. The BBQ
23. Relive the Past
24. Muse Abuse
25. D8-ing..?
26. One Loss, One Win
27. The Awakening
28. Ex-press
29. It's Official
30. Where are we now?
31. Butterfly Memory
32. Workaholic
33. BC I: To Argue
33. BC II: Late Discoveries
33. BC III: Heal
34.BC VI: Calls
35. BC VII: Break

33. BC IV: Under the Thunder

3.1K 132 49
By taekee

END OF BONUS CHAPTER :D
Listen to singularity  :> it has some
cute rainy day vibes
I'm soft.

Kris wasn't sure what she was saying during the moment of which Taehyung had offered her to stay at his place. She stared at the manager of his for a moment who looked at her. Surely he would drawl on about Taehyung's career and how he shouldn't let women come into his home.

" Good idea Tae. In this weather, she can't just go out," He proclaimed, revving up the engine.

Kris gave Taehyung's manager the most disappointed look she had ever made and looked outside to see the purple cloud growing darker by the minute. She swallowed and let out a breath.  Maybe just for today, she would have to suck in her embarrassment and simply head over to Taehyung's home.

" I can drive you two there, his house isn't that far anyway."

•••

The glass planes of Taehyung condominium were translucent, a few of the raindrops slowly starting to roll down from the sky. The scent of some kind of detergent lingered in the air as Kris holds in a breath. Her back was pressed against the door once Taehyung heads inside. The lightning shattered into the air from the outside and kris felt an unexpected drop in her stomach.

A few minutes later she hears a loud thunder strike and Kris breathes deeply.

" Did you have to buy a house where you could see—" Kris shut her eyes from the sound of the lightning and stood by the door, before witnessing a strike of light. She swallowed and moved towards the door. Taehyung stifles a laugh at the way the sound shut Kris up.

" Yeah, I like seeing thunder, especially the ones that light up—"

Another strike is heard and the hollow of his house lights up. Kris swallows, breathing deeply. She couldn't imagine walking alone in the storm and felt a great deal of relief that Taehyung was willing to allow the girl that had flat out rejected him to come to his home.

"Want a cup of milk? " He asks knowingly, refusing to stare at Kris. He would have done this for anyone.

It was an act of kindness.

An act of kindness...

Kris turned her head to Taehyung watching him briefly before shaking her head. The guy knew everything about her.

" No thanks. Coffee is fine," she said.

" The bitter kind?" He asks with an amused smile. She hated coffee.

" The bitterer the better." Kris huffs, slowly kicking off her shoes. Taehyung rolls his eyes and sets out two cups, watching Kris stand there like a lost child.

" You can come inside." He says stiffly, he felt like he just saved a scared kitten from the rain.

" I could but do I want t—" before she could make the remark another strike is displayed from the window. Kris stiffens and shuts her eyes again. Rain begins to seep down, pattering against the glass.

Taehyung sighed.

She was scared.

" Ris, it's only lightening." Taehyung bit his tongue. Taehyung remembered the times where he'd watched her grip onto her school uniform as a thunderstorm had to be to erupt into the sky during their time in high school. He'd remembered when he offered to change his seat with hers, which was right by the window.

" Here." He muttered placing the cup in the clean counter. Kris takes a step towards it and her lips part to see what was inside.  Steaming milk.

" You don't like coffee. It would have been a waste." Taehyung shrugged, before taking his cup and sipping lightly.

•••

^^^^ play singularity

Kris sat on the couch across from Taehyung, cup in hand. They had been friends for years and this was the first time where Kris failed to meet eyes with Taehyung. Taehyung raises an eyebrow as the glow of lightning shines against his skin. Kris scoots away from the sound and Taehyung started standing up and closing the blinds of his window before the lights turn on.

"I..I'm gonna go change my clothes," Taehyung stated before Kris nods her head before Taehyung turns a corner and disappears into his room. Kris lets out a sigh, breathing deeply as a rush of tears takes the chance to run down her cheek. She wipes it off quickly and try's to hold down a sob, fearing that Taehyung would see her crying.

What was she doing? She was the one who told Taehyung off. He'd wanted their relationship to start, but she.

A coward.

Kris sighs, pulling out her phone and staring at the time, in a daze. The thunder roars and Kris slumps to the ground, hands clasped against her ears. It had been a simple fear of the sound of thunder as a child which turned into anxiety-inducing moments seeing how her heart constricted in her ribcage.

The sound was loud and it crackled and Kris stood up abruptly and rushed into the kitchen finding a corner she could fit into before proceeding to breathe in deeply.

Breathe in, breathe out.

Kris pressed her hands so tight to her head, she had almost thought her skull would crack.

" Kris?" Taehyung's voice sounds from the living room area. Taehyung walks over to the sound of sniffling before his eyes widen.

She could feel her breath hitching but refused to leave from her spot.

" What are you doing-" Taehyung's pace stops in front of Kris as she looks toward the sound. her eyes were blurred with tears as she shakes her head.

Taehyung takes the time to kneel down before observing Kris' shaky hands. He takes his big warmer ones and holds her cold ones, a sigh leaving his lips.

" Get up," he murmurs before Kris shakes her head.

" Ris, it's not going to hurt-"

" It always hurts. " Kris replies, voice muffled.

" Get up," He says, tone softer before Kris feels arms grasping her shoulders. Soon enough Taehyung makes her stand, watching the girl wipe away some tears.

" Change into these," he says handing her a t-shirt and some pants, taking her shoulders and pushing her into his room.

Kris sniffles and shakes her head.

" I have to go. Me being here is too-"

" You aren't going anywhere in this rain," Taehyung said sternly. His eyes soften as Kris looks toward the windows walking into Taehyung's room, and shutting the door behind her. It was Taehyung's turn to breathe deeply,

He'd been holding back for too long. He couldn't stand not talking to Kris and he ever realized how much of his time she'd taken up.

There wasn't a day in his high school life where Kris wasn't involved. A week was too much. Sharing lunch together, studying during their free period, laughing at videos at a cafe.

A week away from her was too much.

What on earth was he thinking that he could just flirt with some girl for a photoshoot in hopes of preparing himself for when Kris rejected him.

" Taehyung," A voice calls. Taehyung stops biting his fingernail and watches as Kris stares at the ground. The white t-shirt he gave her was a bit too long and the pants bunched up at her feet.

He sighed and before he could ask if she wanted a new pair, in an instant Kris' arms wrap around Taehyung's waist. Taehyung gapes stumbling abruptly as they fall onto the couch, leaving Taehyung's heart pounding.

" You idiot. What if we fell—"

" I miss you," she interrupted refusing to let go of Taehyung whose eyes widened.

" What are you—"

"Don't tell me to stop seeing you because I won't do that," she said, crying from both the sudden emotions as well as the storm from outside.

"You have no right to just tell me to leave you alone when I wanted you to be happy," she said, hands hitting Taehyung's chest.

" I-I-I won't ever leave you alone if you think you can run away from me Kim Taehyung," Kris grimaces, eyes puffy.

" You're getting my face wet," Taehyung whispers, refusing to touch her as Kris's tears drop onto his cheek. He looks like her, eyes glossing over before his heart melted.

You win, Ris.

Taehyung sighs before his hands start moving to grasp her cheek while his other hand pulls Kris into a warm embrace.

" I've never seen you cry like this," he murmurs, fingers running through Kris' hair who pinches his side.

" Did you have to buy a house where you could hear the lightning?" She asks, tears dripping down her cheek.

" Maybe I was waiting for you to hug me like this," he said earning another punch from Kris who sniffs.

" Jerk," she said softly, although Taehyung could feel her smiling. He softly ran a hand through her hair and she let out a breath.

" Scaredy Cat." he responded.

" Moron,"

" Crybaby. What are you, in a melodrama? Quite the waterworks you did there," Taehyung jokes.

"Meanie."

Taehyung laughed at Kris' retort before Kris breathes softly, calming herself. Taehyung squeezes her tighter.

" Who told you to cry? It's already raining," he said, pressing a kiss on top of Kris' head.

" We sound like Mina and Yoongi," he added before Kris nods before chuckling.

" Taehyung," Kris' chin leans on Taehyung's chest.

" What?" Hazel eyes stare back at her.

" I love you."

Taehyung's breath hitches in his throat. He closes his eyes for a moment, unsure if he was dreaming.

"Love Me." He mumbled softly, hearing the words out loud. He closed his eyes and opened it once more.

" Say it again,"

" Ew no. You heard what I said," she murmured, a blushed that could rival Mina's spread across her cheek.

"Just say it." He said with a smile.

Kris rolled her eyes.

" Taehyung, I love yo—" before Kris could do anything else, Taehyung grabs both sides of her face before pressing a kiss on her lips. The tears that had rolled down from Kris' face moments before now wet Taehyung's cheeks as he pulls away once Kris flinches from the storm outside.

" What do you normally do when it storms like this ?" Taehyung asks lightly after pulling away. Kris looks down at him.

" I don't know...maybe I crawl into a corner until it stops,"

" You never thought about calling me?'

Kris laughs. Her hair, once a neat ponytail, tousled into waves as she lays on Taehyung.

" I'm not a kid,"

" Having a phobia doesn't make you a kid. Ris, when I saw you, you looked like you were suffocating," he said seriously. Kris sighs.

" It's been like this since I was a kid..it's not a big deal,"

" No, it's a huge deal. You need some kind of therapy."

Kris looks away but nods.

" I'll come with you...okay? " Taehyung asks softly before Kris nods.

" You better call me when it rains. I'll come over and we can watch a movie about a puppy, or something. To distract you." he said watching Kris laugh.

" Like you're not a distraction on your own," Kris added with an eye roll.

Taehyung pulls her back into a hug.

" Kris,"

" Hmm..?"

" I love you, too,"

" I know. I love me too," she said with a smile. She lifts her head back up and admires the guy's floofy hair and handsome face before frowning.

" Oh great, now I have to fight all your fangirls off with a stick," Kris said with a groan.

" And that Japanese model too," she adds with a frown. Taehyung chuckles.

" That's going to be fun to watch," he says, Kris elbows Taehyung as he lets out a laugh. And soon enough as Kris falls asleep in Taehyung's arms, the storm fades off into the night, letting the two sleep into the lull of the night.

•••

•••

trashy bonus chapter but Ahaha:")
— lowkey cHeEsY ahHhhh

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 58 66
She's new, poor, and lonely. He's popular, rich, and doesn't go by the rules. Girls flock around him, but she's the first to not fall for it. They...
97.9K 2.3K 33
𝙅𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙩𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝘽𝙤𝙤𝙠 1: 𝙏𝙚𝙭𝙩 [𝙅𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙣 𝙭 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧]✓ 𝘽𝙤𝙤𝙠 2: 𝙏𝙚𝙭𝙩 [𝙅𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙣 𝙭 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧] 2 Last edited 8/18/20
537K 22.9K 56
❝ You're so keen on pointing fingers at me. ❞ ❝ Isn't that a given? Girls like you ruin lives. ❞ ❝ And what? Guys like you save lives, I assume? ❞...