Living With the Bad Boy

By Masked_writer_23

Joey McDonald is the girl who barely anyone ever notices except her friends. Joey is told that she has to go... More

Chapter 1: Why Me?
Chapter 2: Nice Door Step
Chapter 3: Flames and Fights
Chapter 4: New Friends
Chapter 5: Fights and Jail Time
Chapter 6: Softball Games and Crazy Plays
Chapter 8: Snow and Surprises
Chapter 9: Confessions
Chapter 10: Reactions and Revenge
Chapter 11: Lectures and Push-Ups
Chapter 12: The Return of Mille
Chapter 13: Rumours and Revenge
Chapter 14: New Look
Chapter 15: I Broke A Promise
Chapter 16: Cooties and Coming Home Part 1
Chapter 17: Cooties and Coming Home part 2
Chapter 18: National Championships
Chapter 19: Awards
Chapter 20: I'm Coming Home
Chapter 21: I'm Home
Chapter 22: Telling Mom and Back To School
Chapter 23: Just Know I Mean It
Chapter 24: Welcome Back (Not)
Chapter 25: I Am So Deeply Sorry For Doing Absolutely Nothing
Chapter 26: Brian
Chapter 27: Fancy Seeing You Here Part 1
Chapter 28: Fancy Seeing You Here, Part 2
Chapter 29: Purple Pancakes and Choices
Chapter 30: I Chose...
Chapter 31: No Offence
Chapter 32: Have You Ever Considered Being A Cheerleader?
Chapter 33: Date Night
Chapter 34: Fighting
Chapter 35: How to Fix a Broken Heart
Chapter 36: I Forgot
Chapter 37: Back To School
Chapter 38: Weddings Busted and Mistakes
Chapter 39: I'm Glad I Did
Chapter 40: I Forgot My Birthday
Chapter 41: Eviction Notice
Chapter 42: Visitors
Chapter 43: My Girl
Chapter 44: Valedictorian
Chapter 45: Graduation and Yes
Chapter 46: California
Chapter 47: The Day
Chapter 48: ESPN
Chapter 49: Crew
Chapter 50: Dinner
Chapter 51: Packing
*ATTENTION* COVER CONTEST
ITS UP!!!

Chapter 7: Silent Treatment

27.9K 740 251
By Masked_writer_23

I woke up in the house that I wish I could abandon. I walked downstairs and found myself alone in the kitchen. I quickly scarfed down a granola bar and ran back upstairs.

When I got upstairs I ran into Daniel, literally.

"Hey Joey-" Daniel started but I kept walking.

I walked into my room and slammed my door, put my back against the door and slid down. I touched the ground and started crying into my hands. My life of one predicament after another. Last week I was the invisible girl that no one knew about and I wish it could have stayed like that.

I threw on a Ramones tank, ripped skinny jeans, and a pair of black combat boots. Today was a bad day so I didn't really dress up. I added the smallest amount of mascara possible and picked up my black hoodie.

I walked downstairs, threw my bag on my back and walked outside. Today I wanted to just blend in like usual and have no one pay attention to me.

I noticed 'my' car still in the driveway so I walked back inside and got the keys. I put my bag in the back and started up the car. I drove to school while listening to Fall Out Boy.

I walked into school and made my way threw the halls to my locker. I walked to my first period class and sat down. I sat in the back so no one would care if I was or wasn't here.

I realised that I had forgotten a pencil in my locker so I walked back into the halls and to my locker.

The bell rang as I slammed my locker closed and started walking back. As I turned the corner I found Daniel and Rebecca kissing.

I cleared my throat and their eyes went from closed to on my and their lips went from on each other's to separated. Rebecca wore a twisted smirk on her face and Daniel had a blank expression.

"Sorry to ruin your fun." I said turning the opposite way of class and walking out. I walked to my locker, put my pencil away, and walked outside.

I pulled the keys out of my bag and got into 'my' car and drove off. I looked threw my rearview mirror and saw Daniel walking out of the school and looking around.

I shook my head and turned on Brain Stew by Green Day and drove down the street till I made it back to the house.

I got out of the car and ran inside. I grabbed some of my money and got back into my car.

I went to Walmart and I bought a bunch of toilet paper, Barbie Stickers, spray paint, and Christmas lights. I payed for all of the stuff and walked back outside to my car. I drove back to the house and his the stuff I bought in the closet.

I drove back to school and walked into lunch. I sat down at the table with Lindsey while she was eating.

"Where have you been?" Lindsey asked with her mouth full of food.

"I had to grab a few things. Nothing to worry about." I said smirking.

"Did you buy stuff that would put you in a situation to be arrested?" Lindsey asked.

"Possibly." I said plainly as Lindsey was smiling and shaking her head.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After school I walked into the parking lot and found Daniel kissing Rebecca again. I didn't do anything this time and just walked by the the car.

I got in, driving back to the house. When I looked behind me in the rearview mirror I saw Daniel on his motorcycle behind me.

I got in the car and started the car up and started blasting Fall Out Boy through the speakers. I put on I Don't Care loud enough that Daniel could hear and drove off.

He frustrates me so much.

When I got back to the house I ran upstairs immediately because Daniel wasn't traveling far behind me.

"Can we just talk?" Daniel yelled throwing his keys on the counter and started following me upstairs.

"We just did. Now if you could leave me alone for the rest of my life I would really appreciate it." I said bitterly and slammed the door in his face.

I jumped on my bed and just started sobbing into a pillow that I found. I feel like the worst person ever because I am obsessing over someone who isn't even my boyfriend.

After about 30 minutes of being alone and crying I stood up and walked out of the room. I looked to the left of me and saw Daniel on the ground asleep.

I didn't bother to wake him because he isn't a morning person and I walked downstairs. I looked in the freezer and found a box of potato skins so I cooked them for me.

As I was passing the table I saw a note that said Millie went to stay with Uncle Jay for a week and would be back next week.

I turned on the television and started Netflix. I logged in and started watching Insidious 2. As soon as I got comfortable there was a knock on the door.

"IT'S OPEN!" I yelled so I didn't have to get up.

Blake, Matt, and Trey all walked in and Trey slammed the door behind him.

"Hey McDonald. How are you feeling?" Blake asked strutting over to the couch and sitting down beside me.

"Fine. My leg is okay from the shatter. I'm just trying to drown my sadness in horror movies and potato skins." I joked.

The guys all laughed till Daniel walked downstairs from his nap next to 'my' bedroom door.

"Hey guys." Daniel said waving and coming my way.

I directed all of my attention towards the television screen and to my potato skins. I can't and I won't talk to Daniel. I just kept watching the movie while Daniel talked about me to the guys like I wasn't there.

"Yeah. She is really rude and I don't know if I can live with her for two more days." Daniel said rudely.

"Joey isn't a bad person. Maybe if you didn't break her heart and be a jerk to her she would like you." Matt snapped back at Daniel.

"Oh well. I guess I'm the only one who sees the evil in her." Daniel said plainly, walking out into the garage and riding away on his penny board.

*5 hours later*

It has been five hours since Daniel left on a penny board. The guys left and now I am home alone. I tried calling and texting Daniel but he hasn't been answering.

My phone started ringing as an unknown number but I still picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Joey it's Daniel. I kind of am at the police station and you need to come bail me out." Daniel said.

"And why should I?" I asked because of how he was acting earlier even though I was going to have to get him.

"Please. Go in the kitchen and to the cupboard above the microwave. There is a jar of money and get $500. Come quick." Daniel said.

"Fine. I'll be there soon." I said grabbing the money and getting into the car.

I drove off to the police station, my second time there this week, and got out. I walked into the station and opened the door for myself. I walked to where I knew the cell is and found the officer who arrested me sitting at the desk.

"What are you doing here McDonald?" The officer asked standing up.

"I'm here to bail out Daniel McCasey." I said handing the officer the money.

"He bails you, you bail him. What are you guys, boyfriend and girlfriend?" Officer asked.

"I would barley call is friends, if we are anything we are aquatints." I explained.

The officer walked back to the cell and brought out Daniel. At the sight of me Daniel ran up to me and hugged me. I was stiff and nervous but I hugged back.

"Thank you so much Joey." He cried as he pulled away from the hug.

"Whatever." I said and walked outside.

I got in the car as Daniel put the penny board in the back and got in the passenger side.

"Just because you bailed me doesn't mean I like you any more." Daniel said bluntly as soon as he sat down in the car.

I never even said a word and started blasting What's My Age Again by Blink 182 and drove off.

I got out of the car and limped inside. I started up the steps and Daniel followed. I slammed my bedroom door and jumped on my bed.

Just two more days.

You can do it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

421K 23K 27
Sarah Allen is an ordinary teenager with a simple life of sitcoms and romance novels until one night she gets a text from her bad-boy crush, Dave Rod...
2.1M 58.7K 34
Gabriella lives a beyond perfect life with her mom, her sister and her boyfriend of two years. She's finally at a place in her life where she is hap...
2.8M 85.3K 46
Ariana Jacobs and her mom are struggling to make ends meet everyday because of the death of her father, which is how she starts working as a maid for...
375K 14.9K 35
Tori Anderson is the typical shy, nerdy seventeen year old. After her parents died, she's been living in a foster home with her foster mom and the o...