Medical Love

By scrumptiouswrites

In the Disciplined environment of Army Cantonment something is brewing between Lt Col Anika Roy and Col Shiva... More

|| Dr Douchebro and Ms Careless ||
||Dr. Douchebro is Ubiquitous||
|| Dr. Douchebro is Inconsiderate ||
|| Dr. Douchebro love kids ||
||Dr. Douchebro escort Ms Careless ||
|| Dr. Douchebro's Brother ||
||Dr. Douchebro's brother is a Sweetheart||
||Dr. Douchebro was a child prodigy||
||Dr. Douchebro loved cooking for Ms Careless ||
||Dr. Douchebro admire Ms Careless ||
||Dr. Douchebro and Jhuladevi Temple||
|| Dr Douchebro is an Anklet Thief ||
|| Dr. Douchebro's Grandmother ||
||Dr. Douchebro's Birthday||
||Dr. Douchebro's Nanital Trip Plan ||
||Dr. Douchebro and others on way to Nanital ||
||Dr. Douchebro adoration for Ms Careless ||
||Dr. Douchebro and Nanital||
||Dr. Douchebro care for Ms Careless||
||Dr. Douchebro and the Drunk Tale||
||Dr. Douchebro and the Starry Sky||
||Dr Douchebro and Cookie Monster||
||Dr. Douchebro's Heart Condition||
||Dr. Douchebro loves Ms Careless||
||Dr. Douchebro is an Orphan||
||Dr. Douchebro's Vulnerability||
||Dr. Douchebro's Admirer||
||Dr. Douchebro's Friend||
||Dr Douchebro and Rakshabandhan||
||Dr Douchebro off to Delhi||
||Kohinoor loves Dr. Douchebro||
||Dr. Douchebro's Test||
||Dr. Douchebro is a good listener||
||Dr. Douchebro and Diwali||
||Dr. Douchebro's side of story||
||Dr. Douchebro and Bali ---1||
|| Dr. Douchebro and Bali----2||
||Dr. Douchebro and Bali----3||
|| Dr. Douchebro and Bali----4||
||Dr. Douchebro and Bali----5||
||Dr. Douchebro and Bali----6||
||Dr. Douchebro and Kohinoor's last day in Bali||
||Dr. Douchebro and Kohinoor all set to get Hitched||

|| THE DOUCHEBRO||

20.1K 733 366
By scrumptiouswrites

The Ringing of alarm forced Anika to open her eyes. In such cool weather she wished to stay a moment more in the bed under her duvet which for now was more like the dream she just left in her sleep. It was Monday again and no matter how much she hates this day it does come each week!!

Freshening up she got herself a cup of White tea. Even though the adrak wali chai is what she likes more, white tea is always a better option to began the morning. The antioxidants truly refreshes her body passing up the required vitality to began the day.

With the cup of white tea she moved inside her brother's room only to shake her head annoyed at the way her 'not so little' brother, Sahil was sleeping. The duvet was half lying on him and half on floor. His Physics textbook was still in his hand just on the verge of falling down the bed. His laptop was switched on with the video of Motional emf paused on the youtube homepage. The room was more of a mess and Anika knew Meera her officially appointed maid was going to have a hard time arranging this room.

 It was his Quaternary exams of Class 12 next month. Even though the result of previous year Class 12 batch was not yet declared, the new session had began and Sahil wanted to make the best use of his time. 

No matter how much Anika didn't want to wake her brother up who must have slept late at night, she had to do so otherwise Mr Punctual would be late for his school.

After few efforts Sahil finally left his dreamy sleep which contained nothing but Solenoid, Electromagnetic waves, Organic compounds,  Trigonometric formulas and Calculus. Perks of being a Science student.

Moving to her room taking a good shower, she wore her Uniform. Something she loves and admire a lot. It has been three years she had joined Army Medical Corps and even though she had not completely achieved what she desired she was happy and contend with what she had. Setting up her hairs in a formal bun she wore her cap with the Army Medical Corps emblem. Fixing the two pairs of golden star across her shoulder she wore her Name plate that read......... Lt. Col Anika Roy!!

Somewhere deep down she desire that her mother come and put up the kala teeka, she use to do daily when the little Anika use to go to school. Anika was just a teenager when her father, a late Army Officer and a martyr died in a terrorist attack. Sahil was in her mother's womb that time and she really feel sorry for her brother who had never seen his father. Sahil was just eight when their mother died due to cardiac arrest. Sahil rarely have any memory of his mother. Anika even though is sorry for Sahil feels him to be lucky since he doesn't have to face the hollowness she feels every time remembering her mother.

Shaking up her thoughts she joined hands in front of the small temple she and Sahil together decorated. Even though she is not much of a devotee, this was a habit inculcated by her mother and in no way she can disrespect her. With a few verbal praying and lightning of the incense stick Anika moved in the kitchen to get some breakfast for Sahil and herself. 

Over the years with the loss of parents, the careless Anika was subdued in the responsible and disciplined Anika Roy. They did faced many financial crises due to which Anika couldn't achieve her dream of a doctor but she rarely regret it. She is happy with what she have. A respectable job where she is serving her country, a caring and sweet brother, a house to live and not to forget a secure and safe environment of Army cantonment.

"What do we have for the breakfast today Ani?" 

Anika shook her head at her brother's habit of addressing her with a nick name rather than the particular word Didi.  She got the toast ready and moved to the dining table with a bottle of Peanut Butter.

Sahil was all ready in his school uniform. Being a student of Army Public School, Sahil knew values of discipline and perfection. His Dress is just as perfect as Anika's Uniform.

"Not again, when are you going to learn cooking Ani?" cribbed Sahil seeing the usual toast and butter in the breakfast. 

Anika smiled sheepishly at her brother. Cooking is certainly not her cup of tea. Even if she tries it will be anything but edible food and the kitchen would definitely be a mess.Getting herself a cup of Adrak wali Chai and for Sahil a glass of Saffron Almond Milk she settled down on the dining table with her brother.

"Ok i am sorry, will get a cook by next week for today I'll get something from the officers mess and then in evening we can just walk down to the market and have something of your choice" Sahil looked at her sister who was clearly avoiding the topic of Cooking. 

"Stop bribing me Lt. Col Anika Roy" 

Anika smiled trying to act cute in front of her brother. Their little family moments and these cute banters is what she treasures.

After Breakfast Sahil left with his friend who even being younger than Anika had a crush on her. Well that's what at least Sahil told her. Locking the gate, Anika wore her black boots and took a deep breath of the fresh air of Ranikhet.

It had been three months she had been posted in Ranikhet, a small town of Uttrakhand and she was in absolute love with this place. The weather is cold even in the month of April. It never get warm enough to even turn on a ceiling fan that's why none of the houses here even have a point for the same.

The green mountains filled up with Pine, Oak and Deodar are a sight to behold. The fresh air here is something rare in such a polluted world. With not even a speck of dust and shadow of mosquito, it is indeed a place of everyone's dream.

However for the locals this place brings several problems. Being a hilly area even though it witnesses high rainfall storage of water is difficult since here water doesn't penetrate underground thanks to the stony hills.  Also electricity and network too possess a problem. Even with all this it is indeed a place one would love to live.

Walking toward her Royal Enfield, Anika saw children rushing toward school.  The cantonment in quite near to school so most of the children prefer walking, cycling is never an option considering the steep paths the place holds. Smiling toward the ladies who had began their early morning household duties Anika left with her Bike.

Even though many officers prefer car for travel from Army Quarters  to work place, Anika preferred bike. She loves the feel of air hitting her face. Parking the bike near the officers parking lot she moved toward the Operation theater which people working here preferably called OT.

Replying to the varies salutes she greeted Omkara Mehta, her junior yet only friend. Even though Omkara and she had same work and in layman language can be addresses as Nurses, their ranks are different. While she holds the position of an Officer more specifically Lt.Col,  Omkara belonged to the category of JCO. 

It may sound unfair that she being a Women got privilege even though the share of work is same, but it is true. On the other side of the coin there is no other way a women can reach to this position because they are not accepted in the field of Infantry.

Omkara saluted Anika before giving her a friendly hug. He was the only one Anika was comfortable with may be because they belonged to the same state. Anika adored the couple Omkara and his wife Gauri. A beautiful, young women with long hairs and kohl eyes. She is a teacher in Army Public School and Anika was sure that she must be the crush of more than half of the students there.

Omkara and Gauri were married for just six months and love was something too visible between them. She had been to their house quite a time and got close to Gauri. While for Sahil it was still awkward considering Gauri is his English teacher.

Anika chuckled as Om shook his head that had a Punjabi Turban. Hairs were Omkara's second love and  being in Army he can keep long hairs only when he wore a Punjabi turban which was certainly not something Om preferred. 

"Well how was the farewell of Col Abhiraj Desai?" asked Om with mischievousness visible in his eyes as Anika walked with Om toward ICU to check the glucose bottles of the patients.

There was no doubt on how much Om loathe the current Cardiologist Abhiraj Desai  after their not so cool banter in a Roll-call. Now when he is being posted somewhere else Om can't help but celebrate the news. It was Abhiraj's farewell party last night and Anika just visited it enough to put up her attendance and have some nice meal with her brother. Food was Anika's weakness and in no way she was going to leave a chance of something delicious.

"When is the new cardiologist joining?" asked Anika as she changed the empty glucose pouch of a patient. 

"Well as far as I know he had arrived yesterday but you know right what a tiring journey it is...so he'll be there by tomorrow. I just hope he is not arrogant like Abhiraj sir" said Om while disposing the used bandages.

Anika shook her head. The travel till Ranikhet was an absolute hell. Ranikhet doesn't posses any Airport or Railway station and the nearest railway station is in the district of Almora , a place nearly 120 km from Ranikhet.  From their a person had to get a car and travel through car is even more hectic since the round paths of the hills pale down the health. She remembers how badly Sahil had thrown up when they came to Ranikhet first time.

"By the way I guess now you'll get a partner Ms Bachelor because the new Cardiologist  happens to be a Bachelor as well" Om mocked Anika while she just rolled up her eyes. They were nearly done with the work in ICU as Anika gave the morning dosage of medicines to the patients.

"Ok now I shall take your leave...it's 9 and X-ray department need to be opened" Om  fake saluted and Anika hit his head at his mock gestures to irritate her.

"What's the name of the new Cardiologist?" Anika asked out of curiosity as Om was moving out. Om  happens to be the record manger of OT, knew nearly everything about new postings and transfers.

"Col Shivaay Singh Oberoi"

____________

"So what would we eat today?" asked Anika to her brother Sahil as both of them walked down to the Market. The day was over with a good note for both Sahil and Anika and as promised Anika took Sahil for a 'small date' to market. Well this was what Sahil addressed to their outings.

Ranikhet had only one market with negligible number of malls or supermarkets, just enough  shops to satisfy basic needs of the people living here.  It was at about three kilo meters from the cantonment and Anika preferred walking rather than vehicle as she clearly loved the view that accompanied her way to the market.

Reaching to the Market they could see the hustle bustle a typical market consisted. However it was clean without disposal of garbage here and there. She could see some golden hair foreigners looking at the traditional shops wearing shorts and T-shirts. Ranikhet was frequently visited by foreigners and due to this reason tourist bungalow were common here. Not only this many foreigners lived here permanently too.

For these foreigners this place was warm considering the fact that the place they lived was covered with snow for the most part of the year. 

"Let's have Chole bature and Ras malai today" Anika proposed while Sahil went to Italian  cuisine making Anika roll her eyes.  While Anika was a lover of Indian foods her brother was more fond of Italian.

Well even though the place didn't have five star hotels, the restaurants here had excellent food and facilities. Hotels had excellent view and the nature compensated for all the drawbacks.

Laughing and giggling over Sahil's punches on his principle whom children preferably called 'Mr Charlie Champlin' thanks to his mustaches which match to the iconic comedian, Anika and Sahil finished up their food.

Handling her wallet to Sahil to pay the bill, Anika moved toward the washroom when she received a call from Gauri to get something from the Market.

Talking she didn't realized as she bumped into a man and her phone fell breaking into pieces. The man who didn't realize the accident was talking on his phone and he stepped on the broken piece of Anika's phone infuriating an already annoyed Anika.

 "Bloody Douchebro" swear Anika and the Man kept his phone as he registered her words for him. He turned toward her and that's when Anika noticed 'The douchebro'.

 Wearing a black shirt with two buttons open, holding a grey coat in his hand  and  grey pant paired with black shiny shoes, he looked nothing less than a ramp model. Anika's eyes met his and she was dazed. His eyes were indeed beautiful. Like she will preferably say in her language 'khidkitod khoobsurat' . His eyes seemed Magical........they seemed SPECTRAL!!

Coming out of daze she noticed him looking at her with clear anger somewhere reflecting what she was holding for him. Before they could say anything his call tune disturbed the intense eyes battle that was going on and he left muttering.

"Careless Girl"

_____________

Next Day Anika joined the group of her fellow mates as they waited for their new senior 'Col Shivaay Singh Oberoi'. His name does sound powerful and royal. It was a system to greet any new arrival. The day began after introduction with the new post.  

Anika's though again wondered at those spectral eyes she saw yesterday in Market and those which followed her even in her sleep. 'The Douchebro' was not leaving her mind and Anika was hating this fact.

She came back to the present with the salute of the Army men at the gate as an Army Car entered. Even though many senior worked here the curiosity to meet a new one always exist.

The Driving man opened the gate as a man walked out of the car in an Army Uniform with three pair of Golden stars on his shoulder and his Cap below his arms. As the Man turned toward them the only word that left Anika's mouth was.

"The Douchebro"

Republishing this book because someone hacked my account and removed all my followers and books. I got my books back but not my dear followers. If you are reading this book please make sure you follow me on my account to get notifications on new updates! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 244 9
Shivaay and Anika life after three month separation. Shivaay saw Anika in Dragh and thinks Anika has moved on and same goes with Anika. She too think...
223K 18.5K 55
One does not believe in love, while the other has never imagined falling in love. A businessman and a doctor. Hop on to learn more about their tale a...
1.4K 91 1
Two people realize that even though hate is a powerful emotion, love is stronger and if they can open their hearts and get over the past, they'll fin...
216K 16K 36
The love story of ASP Shivaay Singh Oberoi and Annika Vardan Trivedi.How he made her fall in his love after marriage!