Dogs

By pumpkinwrites

Second book after Cats. (I suck at writing descriptions) Check out Cats if you haven't read it yet! 💚❤️ More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.

16.

318 19 1
By pumpkinwrites

JB

We enjoyed ourselves on stage, all of us adding moves of our own as we danced. Youngjae looked so carefree, his laughter echoing around us, shining brighter than ever under the stage lights.

His eyes shone so happily as we danced the move he taught me when I was recovering, his smile widening when we both met in the middle. I brushed against him on purpose, laughing when he looked so flustered.

He sent me a flake glare as he got back into position, looking like a little kitten despite it all. I slung my arm around him as we went back to the centre of the stage for a slow song, rubbing his shoulder lightly as I let go to sit in my stool. I tugged one side of my in-ear monitor out to listen to him sing, our voices harmonising together through the whole song.

His voice always sent me into one of those moods and all I wanted to do in that moment was tackle him and kiss him senseless. I closed my eyes and listened to him, enjoying the mood from the song.

I opened my eyes as I sang my part, spotting him mouthing out the words to my parts, totally oblivious to me as he watched the fans, his body swaying slightly. I watched the fans bob the lightsticks in time with the beat, the lights twinkling like stars for us.

I glanced over at Youngjae, reaching for his hand as the fans cheered, all of us lining up to do the final bow. I squeezed his hand lightly, Youngjae gripping my hand tight as well as we bowed.

I tugged him close to me, holding him to my side as we waved at our fans before getting off the stage. His smiles and waves were so adorable, my smile widening as we walked.

"I'm sweaty" he murmured, peeking sideways at me as we walked off stage. I laughed as I remembered teasing him the previous time, his face blushing as he averted his eyes, remembering my comment as well.

I pressed a kiss to his temple, my heart beating faster than it did on stage. I thought back on how it has already been 3 years. 3 years since he came into my life, since we started this.

He reached up and wiped my lips with the towel, muttering something about me tasting his salt while he quickly dabbed away at his face.

"There is something else that is salty that I would like to taste from you Jae" I commented, trying to keep my face straight.

He looked so confused before gasping so loudly that the members turned, looking at us curiously before walking again.

I kept my face straight as I looked at them, Jinyoung catching the glint in my eyes. He shook his head before walking ahead, guiding the other members along.

We stood there until they turned around the corner, my face splitting into a wide smile when I looked down at him to see his blushing cheeks.

"You... I... just" he mumbled, tugging the front of my shirt to bury his face into the front of my shirt.

I laughed hard, unable to hold it back anymore while I held him back tight, pressing another kiss to his temple. He's just too cute.

I waddled us along, Youngjae untangling himself from me after awhile when his face turned back to normal.

Our parents were in the dressing room as we entered, the joy on Youngjae's face making me melt. I released him, nudging him ahead as he dashed into their arms.

"Hi Mom, hi Dad. Did you enjoy the concert?" I asked, waving at them.

"We sure did" my mom smiled, opening her arms to me.

"I'm sweaty" I shook my head, my smile widening as I thought of Youngjae.

She reached forward and hugged me anyway, my arms wrapping around her small frame in response. She always smelled like a mix of strawberries and powder, the scent always comforting me. I closed my eyes as I hugged her tighter, her hand stroking the back of my head comfortingly.

"You did great" she praised softly, her hand still stroking my head. I smiled and released her, hugging my stepfather as well despite him pretending to wave me away.

~

"Where are we going?" Youngjae asked, following behind me to the carpark.

"For dinner" I replied, opening the passenger door before crossing to the other side.

He blushed his little smile which I caught from the corner of my eye, my grip tightening on the steering wheel as I tried to calm my heart.

He plugged his phone in to blast some songs, humming along shyly before caving and singing out loud. I reached over and left my hand on his thigh while I drove one-handed, his adorable laughter echoing in the car as I started singing along.

It was a long drive, the evening crowd causing a traffic jam as we turned off the highway. I knew he was slowly becoming snappy as he was hungry, the music no longer keeping him entertained.

"Why are we heading so far?" he grumbled softly in response, fiddling with his seatbelt.

"I just wanted to eat here" I shrugged, managing to maintain my straight face, as I continued to keep my gaze forward.

I had arranged for us to catch up with our parents before leaving on the world tour, keeping it a surprise from Youngjae, knowing how much he would miss them.

He continued to sulk, his pouty lips begging me to kiss them. I rested my elbow against the window and bit on the back of my hand, hiding my smile.

He hopped out quickly when we parked, turning around to wave at me to hurry. I laughed at him, tugging him back to my side as I wrapped my arm around his shoulders.

The waiter led us in, along the long hallway, directing us to the private rooms behind. I positioned Youngjae so that he stood in front of me as the waiter got to the room, knocking before sliding the door open to reveal our parents.

Youngjae threw himself at his parents, hugging them tight. The look of comfort and happiness shone off his face, his eyes closed as he squeezed them tight.

"This was a good idea" my mom smiled, hugging me tight in greeting before patting my head.

I smiled back at her, giving my stepfather a hug as well not wanting them to worry about me going away. I turned to look at Youngjae after, wanting to see how he was doing.

He was still clinging on to his parents, his mom slightly puzzled by his clinginess. She stroked his back slowly, patting his head while he sniffed loudly. Shit. Is he crying?

My parents beckoned me to sit, settling down into the chairs on my left. I frowned to myself, feeling too worried about Youngjae to sit down.

"Come here Jae. Let's settle before the food comes" I commented. Youngjae turned to face me, his eyes slightly watery as he stared at me.

I gave him a small smile in return, watching him use the back of his hand to wipe his eyes. He ran and tackled me, my arms wrapping around him protectively while he buried his face in the crook of my neck.

"That surprised?" I asked softly, holding him tight.

"Thank you Bummie" he whispered, squeezing my hand.

I pressed a kiss to the top of his head, quickly moving to sit when I spotted our parents giving us a look. I was so concerned that totally forgot that they were here with us...

We chatted through dinner, Youngjae leaning into my side comfortably when it got to dessert. He looked so content that I just smiled, holding him tighter to me.

Our moms eyed us with a smile, watching how we were interacting throughout dinner. Youngjae was peacefully oblivious, his hand playing with mine as I left it in his lap. He seemed so distracted while we talked, his eyes on our hands as he played with my fingers, bending them and sliding my ring along my fingers.

"I know how he gets when he's tired so thank you" his mom commented, leaning forward to prop her head up.

"I'll make sure he gets enough sleep" I smiled, looking down at him.

"He wants to marry you huh" his mom commented as he continued to play with my fingers and ring.

I felt myself stiffen, plastering a smile onto my face in response.

"I don't think so" I replied, letting out a short laugh. I glanced to my parents for help but didn't get any, my mom smiling happily back at me. Why would he want to marry me? Marriage doesn't even last...

"Youngjae ah. You want to right?" his mom teased, his head looking up to face her confused.

"I'm going to wait for the invitation then" his dad laughed, all of them joining in while Youngjae and I looked at them.

"Marriage darling" my mom quipped, sporting Youngjae's lost expression.

He blushed in response, his hands tightening on mine as he looked up at me. I looked back at him, trying to mask how insecure and anxious I felt, wiping my eyes blank.

He frowned slightly at my expression, knowing me all too well. He released his grip on my hand, his body stiffening as he turned to look at our parents.

"Dad Mom, stop" he sighed.

They laughed in response, waving and teasing him for not calling my parents Uncle and Aunty. I sat there still terrified of ruining anything, plastering a smile to my face when they looked over.

The drive home was quiet, both of us lost in our thoughts. I didn't even realise that we were back until I had to turn to reverse and park, snapping out of the weird trance I was in.

"You could have turned left just now. We would have gotten back faster" Youngjae commented, unbuckling himself as he looked at me.

"Oh... yeah. I always turn right out of habit I guess" I replied, shrugging lightly.

"Mmm. Habit" he hummed, looking distracted.

There was an odd air of awkwardness that night, Youngjae shifting around restlessly while we laid in bed. Marriage? Me? I can't do that to him...

Youngjae drifted off into a fitful sleep, murmuring my name every few minutes. I held him tighter to me, pressing a kiss to his forehead each time he scrunched his eyebrows together.

He jerked awake after calling my name a bit too loudly, lifting his head to look at me. He looked so lost that my heart ached, the thought of him in pain hurting me more than anything.

"I'm here Jae" I mumbled, tugging him back down to my chest.

He clung on tight to my shoulders, tilting my head towards him as he pressed his sweet lips to mine. I reached up and tilted his head, trying to kiss away the insecurities he felt. I'm sorry your stuck with this mess Jae...

I held back from going too far, just wanting to comfort him. We made out until he slowly started to drift off to sleep, his kisses becoming sloppier. I pressed a final kiss to his forehead, feeling him sag in my arms. I fell asleep after he did, the tingling of my lips all swollen and thick comforting me.

A/N: Hi. Surprise? Idk what to write. Thank you for reading, voting and commenting. ☺️❤️💚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.9K 916 23
im jaebum + choi youngjae [originally posted in 2017 - revised in 2020]
27.8K 1.2K 28
Third (and last) book of the you series. Check out: It's you and Because of you. The stories are linked :)
48.6K 676 21
IGOT7'S Fanfic they are yours ;) hope you like it Rank#28 jbgot7 💓
205K 8.9K 60
"I can do anything if you tell me good boy" In which Yugyeom is Got7's good boy. __________ Got7 is just really gay in this story. And in real life- ...