The Hidden Gem

Door Celestine_Jade

Gertrude Ellaine Mendez, a.k.a GEM, is a lady with an exceptional skill in all aspects. An epitome of genius... Meer

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27-Hidden Chaper
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63

Chapter 58

5.5K 280 60
Door Celestine_Jade

"You can meet him now, sir."

I stood up, fixed my tie and flattened my suit. I glanced at the woman in a business suit with a smile plastered on her face. Not a second later, she walked and I followed.

Habang nakatingin ako sa pintuang palaki ng palaki sa aking paningin ay hindi ko maiwasang mainip. I waited long enough for this. Half a year.

6 months without having no news about her. She was so close by I couldn't even reach her. Funny though, the only way to ger some information was to set up a meeting.

Another two months of waiting for this day.

The woman opened the door and slightly bowed as her hand gestured me to enter and I did.

Hindi na 'ko nag aksayang tignan ang itsura ng kanyang opisina at agad nilagay ang aking atensyon sa lalaking may kausap sa telepono. He was sitting behind his mahogany desk. He glanced at me and pointed on the sofa infront, asking me to sit.

"Yes. Tell her we do what she wants."

My jaw tightened upon hearing his words. Gusto kong kunin sa kanya ang telepono at kausapin ang nasa kabilang linya. I could feel that it had something to do with her.

Sa kabila ng kagustuhang gawin 'yon ay pinigilan ko ang sarili at umupo. I have waited long enough. Maybe waiting for a couple of minutes wouldn't make any difference.

Nang matapos siya ay inokupa niya ang pang isahang sofa sa aking kaliwa.

"I want to know." I said without any formalities.

He exhaled deeply and laid back against the sofa. Para siyang pagud na pagod na nakakuha ng segundo para magpahinga.

"For start, I oppose meeting you." Hindi ko maiwasang makaramdam ng inis dahil sa kanyang sinabi. "But we owe it to you and Gem wants to. Siguro alam mo na na anak ko siya..."

My body became stiffed upon hearing her name.

"Where is she?"

"I remember myself on you. The impatience..." He smiled a little.  "That mother and daughter pair was very similar. My queen also pretended as a boy when we were studying. She was a hearthrob."

"Mr. Mendez, please get into the point. You owe it to me, as you said."

I was tired of people telling me lies. The twins and Bryan. Not to mention that asshöle Roux who went missing. I swore that if I ever see that son of a bïtch, I'd teach him a lesson. Last data I got was he was in Paris. His family held a party and his date was definitely her.

I couldn't missed her with the fake her. I was certain that it was her. Napakuyom ako ng aking mga kamay. Magkasama silang dalawa sa Paris.

"I want to see her. Kababalik niya lang galing sa Paris, hindi ba?"

"Of course you would know." He sighed again. "I never knew that she'd be with you all along. We got someone to replace her as a bait."

"A bait?"

"Yes. I tried to conceal my daughter to protect her but her intelligence was so vast that she offended someone powerful. Not as powerful as my family but deadly and evil."

"Who is it and I'll take care of it."

Bahagya siyang nagulat bago mahinang tumawa. "If it's that easy, hindi na sana naging komplikado ang lahat."

I felt anger of the thought that someone wanted to hurt her. Tapos naalala ko ang pagkahulog niya sa hagdan.

"Is she alright? Nung nahulog siya..."

"I never thought that she's be hurt under your wing."

"I'm sorry. It's my negligence."

"It's fine but she's still my daughter. Hurting her comes with a price."

I gritted my teeth and frowned. "You won't let me see her?"

"I'll let you because I approve of you for her. I'll let your team guard her again but..." Tumahimik siya saglit. He leaned forward, thinking of something before looking straight to my eyes with seriousness. "I think my wife prefers the blonde one."

Roux.

=======================================================

A week later, we were riding inside a van, heading towards the Mendez mansion.

We were greeted by the same head staff from our last visit and ushered us in the same grand living room. I was a bit excited. Kael tapped my shoulder as he noticed my state.

"May tinatapos lang po sina Sir at si Ma'am. Here are some refreshments and snacks while you wait." Magalang na sabi samin ng isang katulong nila kasabay ng paglapag ng iba niyang kasama ng mga juice at clubhouse.

It was amazing how properly trained their servants were. All of them not just finished their college studies but with honors and great achievements too.

Working for the Mendez were a great opportunity. The work was light but with great salary.

"Thanks, Belle." Bryan showed his gratitude by smiling and winking at the girl. I had no idea how he got that woman's name but she suddenly put her head down to cover her blush. Siya rin mismo ang nag-abot ng pagkain kay Bryan and Bryan being the major flirt, intentionally brushed his hand over hers that made her blushed even more.

Isa isa kaming binigyan ng pagkain pero kami lang ni Icko ang hindi kumuha.

Mga twenty minutes pa kaming naghintay bago kami agad na napatayo nang biglang bumukas ang pinto at pumasok ang mag-asawa. I got intimidated a bit by Mr. Mendez' stance but I remained composed like I used to do. Dati naman hindi pero iba kasi ang dahilan ng pagpunta namin ngayon.

He was walking with his arm tangled with his wife's right arm. She was smiling while looking at us one by one while the other maids were walking behind them.

My eyes turned dark and blazing with anger when behind them came Lumiere. Bakit siya nandito? Is this what Mr. Mendez mentioned?

Napatingin ako kay Mrs. Mendez na binigyan ako ng makahulugang ngiti. Dammit! Did she really prefer this trash to be with Gem over me?

Mr. Mendez ordered the maids to leave by waving his free hand as a gesture.

Hinayaan niya munang maupo ang kanyang asawa sa harap namin bago siya maupo sa tabi nito. Both of them show a perfect sample of how people in high society should be. Elegance, prim and proper, sophisticated, classy and cultured.

I remembered those people who used to looked at me and my mother with disgust.

Hindi naman talaga ako ako pinanganak sa yaman. My mom and I were living a normal life 'til I reached the aged of ten. Biglang may dumating saming mga lalaking naka black suit tapos hinanap si mama. That was the time I first saw my grandfather. He was looking at me with disgust that day but I didn't know why.

He took us away from our small house and brought us to live in a mansion. Don ko nalaman na namatay kamakailan ang kapatid na lalaki ni mama and the old man needed an heir, which was me.

Ipinakilala niya ko sa mga kakilala niya sa alta syudad and I saw how people like them looked at me like my grandfather did. It's like I was a mistake and disappointment, me without doing anything. Tiniis ko yon dahil sa mama ko pero nung namatay siya, that's when I started to rebel.

Isa daw akong pagkakamali dahil sa kalandian ni mama. They called her whore, slut and any word related to that.

When I was fifteen, he dropped the bomb by saying I was to be wed with someone that I didn't even fvcking know. Alam kong isa na naman yon sa mga kagaya niyang mapagmataas at matapobre kaya ginawa ko ang lahat para magalit siya sakin at itakwil but he didn't.

That old bastard only wanted to secure his assets through me kaya nagalit ako sa mga Mendez nong nalaman kong anak nila ang ipapakasal sa'kin. Nalaman ko rin na dapat si mama ang pakakasalan ni Mr. Mendez kaya ganun nalang ang galit ni lolo nang malaman niyang hindi matutuloy ang kasal. I also found out about my real dad, which was Mr. Baum. I'm his bastard son.

If things went the way they planned, ako siguro ang anak at tagapagmana ng mga Mendez and now my granddad wants to try it again through me and Gem.

"Pasensya na kung nagmadali pa kayo bago pumunta dito." Sabi ni Mrs. Mendez. "It's been a long time since I saw you all."

"Pa'no niyo po nalaman na nagmadali kami papunta dito?" biglang tanong ni Bryan. Mrs. Mendez giggled while her husband's still quiet looking at us.

"I noticed how Harvey's not wearing his watch. A busy person never forgets them and he's always wearing formal attire but now he's on casual." Amazed na napatango si Bryan.

What she said was correct cause people like me always leaves with their wrist watches at isa pa, sanay akong humarap sa meeting ng nakaformal pero ngayon, isang polo shirt at jeans lang ang suot ko. Nalate kasi ako ng gising dahil sa isang meeting kagabi at pinagreport ko rin sila Kael dahil kagabi lang din natapos ang misyon nila. She was impressive just like her daughter.

"There's something I wanna know." Sabi ko pero sumingit si Mr. Mendez.

"Let us say what we want first." He coldly said that made me think where Gem got her attitude from. "I want your team to guard and protect someone for us again."

Kagaya nung sinabi niya noong nag meeting kami.

"Is it the real Gem this time?" I saw Mrs. Mendez smiled while her husband just looked at me firmly.

Silence filled the air until someone barged in the room. He was wearing a black tux and rushed to Mr. Mendez' side. Nagtataka namang tumingin sa kanya ang mag-asawa pati rin kami ng team ko.

Mark, as I recalled his name whispered something to Mr. Mendez and I saw how his face got alarmed and serious.  Napatayo siya at nakakuyom ang kamay na tumingin kay Mark.

"How did that happen?"

"We noticed that she had been resting in the greenhouse since sunrise. A maid who brought her lunch couldn't find her so she told us. We searched all around the house and reviewed the CCTV inside her room but she wasn't there."

"So, are you saying that my daughter's outside 'cause your idiot men failed to keep an eye on her?"

"I apologize, Sir. My men said that they've been ordered and threatened not to enter the greenhouse."

"By what?" he said with gritted teeth.

"K—Knight was guarding the door, Sir." Mr. Mendez was furious like he wanted to kill the man in front of him. Mrs. Mendez sighed before walking to her husband's side and grabbed his arm that made him calm down a bit.

"I want her here before sun down and call those idiots to my office. If she's not here by then, your long service for us will be put waste, understand?"

"Yes, Sir." Mabilis na umalis si Mark at hinarap ni Mr. Mendez ang asawa niya.

"Ikaw na munang bahala sa kanila." Tumango si Mrs. Mendez bago siya hinalikan sa pisngi ng asawang nagmamadaling lumabas ng kwarto. Naiwan kami kasama niya.

"Soooo?" she sighed. "I'm sorry about that. He's like that sometimes but is it okay for you guys to wait for us to another room? Things might get a bit... crazy at the moment." We didn't refuse and she led us 2 stairs up. "The study room is at the end of the hall. That's the most peaceful part of this house. I'll order some maids to bring you lunch.  I'll be back with my husband to talk about our offers."

She said smiling and left us and we started to walk at the end of the hallway. I know that the commotion's all about her. I think she escaped again.

"Miss Gem bakit ngayon lang po kayo? Nalaman po ni Sir na wala kayo. Nagkakagulo na naman po sa baba." I was about to open the door when I heard voices.

Bryan opened his mouth to say something but Kael hastily covered his mouth. I gestured them to keep quiet as we continue to listen.

"Stop fidgeting and calm down." my heart became uneasy when I heard that voice. That familiar voice of someone I took long to find and the reason why we're here.

"Pero, Miss Gem, si Sir kasi nakakatakot na naman." Halata ang takot sa boses ng babaeng kausap niya. "Wow! Ang laki naman niyan, Miss Gem. San niyo nakuha?"

"Someone asked me where the mall was—which where the place I planned to go that's why I brought him along with me. We ended up playing at the game center and he won this and gave it to me. This... I... won." She said the last part with force na para bang nahihirapan siya o may ginagawang kinakailangan niya ng pwersa.

"So nakipag-date ka?"

"It's not a date."

"Okay. Anong pangalan niya?" kinikilig niyang tanong.

"Ronald and he also gave me this and asked for my number."

"Ayiiie, Miss Gem cell nu— "

That's was the time I decided to open the door and found the maid that Bryan flirted with. Her mouth was opened by surprise and eyes wide. May hawak itong sa tingin ko ay papel habang tinitignan kami. Then my gaze landed to the girl beside her.

She was wearing a beanie and Ger's eyeglasses, light brown boots and a grey sweater jacket. Medyo malaki ung sweater niya kaya nakababa ang kwelyo nito sa kaliwang balikat niya exposing her bare shoulders and her white off shoulder shirt.

She was beautiful and stunning and she was looking at us with her blank states while sucking a lollipop. Bakit ganyan siya tumingin? She was looking at us like we were nothing. Like she didn't know or recognize us.

"Miss Gem, sila po ung bisita ni Sir at ni Ma'am." Bulong sa kanya ni Belle.

I wanted to go to her. Hug her and kiss those damn soft lips. I smiled and was about to rush to her when someone beat me to it.

"Doll face!"  Sigaw ni Bryan at mabilis na niyakap si Gem, the real Gem this time.

He was fvcking hugging her tightly but she remained expressionless and let her hands on her sides. She was looking at me and then I realized that she was looking behind me.  Napakunot ang noo ko at medyo nainis nang lumingon ako dahil nalaman kong kay Lumiere siya nakatingin.

"Ger!" masayang sabi ni Icko at nakangiting lumapit kay Gem pero humarang agad si Belle.

"Dyan ka lang." then he ripped Bryan off of Gem. "Don't touch and hug her. Lumayo nga kayo kay Miss Gem." She placed herself between Gem and Bryan and looked at us with anger. It's like she's protecting her from us.

Bryan pouted then smiled playfully.

"Why not? Bakit gusto mo ba? Then come here so I can give you some." He said and spread his arms apart to offer her a hug.

"A—ayoko nga." She stuttered while blushing that made Bryan chuckled. My gaze bore to her and never left her when our eyes met. I was about to say something when a familiar voice spoke that made all attention to him.

"Where have you been?" Lahat sila ay nanahimik at tumingin kay Mr. Mendez maliban sakin na nanatili ang tingin kay Gem. She gave me a last look before giving it to her dad.

"Just here, dad"

"If you didn't go outside, why did you hacked our security system and gone missing for hours?"

"I just tried how strong and stable our security is. Also to try how long Kuya Mark's men could fix it." She smiled at her father while munching the candy and he was just assessing her. He sighed and looked at the table.

"And how would you explain that?" he said pointing at the medium sized teddy bear on the table. Napakunot ang noo ko nang matandaang may sinabi siya tungkol sa bigay ng lalaking kasama niya kanina and I believed that that guy's name was Ronald.

"It's hers and I asked her to give me one." Sabi niya sabay turo kay Belle na napaigting bigla and hesitantly looked at Gem then to the intimidating person whose now eyes were on her. 

"Is that true?"

"H—ha? Uhh—ahh. Y—yes?" Nauutal at mukang di niya siguradong sabi sabay yuko. Nakarinig naman kami ng mahinang tawa mula kay Mrs. Mendez.

"If you wanted something, just say it. Hindi mo kailangang kunin ang sa iba." His voice was soft when he said those words to Gem.

"You can go and eat your lunch, sweetie." Malambing na sabi ni Mrs. Mendez habang lumalapit kay Gem at hinawakan ito sa likod. Gem nodded and obediently obeys her mother before giving her a kiss on the cheek and made a walk towards her father.

She did a few steps bago siya biglang bumalik, tinapon ung stick ng lollipop sa bin at lumapit sa lamesang hanggang taas ng tuhod niya. She bent down and pulled something under the glass table. Lahat kami ay naghihintay sa kung anong bagay ang hinihila niya don at napailing nalang si Mrs. Mendez sa tuwa nang maglabas ito ng malaking kangaroo stuffed toy. Halos kasing laki na ito ng tao.

We heard some low chuckled from the other maids and bodyguards that came with Mr. and Mrs. Mendez but immediately stopped when Mr. Mendez gave them a stern look. Even Bryan and Icko were laughing and Kael was smiling. Lumiere however, kept quiet and I bet he kept looking at her all the time since nahuhuli ko siyang nakatingin pag sumusulyap ako sa kanya.

"And where the hell did you get that?" Mr. Mendez asked in defeat.

"This is what I wanna have and she already gave it to me." She said innocently. "Bye dad, I'll meet you at dinner." Mabilis niyang sabi bago halikan ang kanyang ama at payakap na binuhat ung malaking kangaroo. Someone in black suit quickly opened the door while the others cleared her path.

Tuluyan na siyang nawala sa paningin ko at ang gusto ko lang ay sundan siya. Pinaupo kami sa sofang nandon katapat ang mag-asawa.

"You know she's lying right?" Mrs. Mendez said while her husband just looked at her seriously. "She answers really quick when she lies."

"Like how your left eye twitch a bit when you lie." He looked away from her and unbuttoned his business coat before sitting down. "You helped her."

She gasped "I did not!" she proclaimed and then her true to what her husband said, her left eye twitched.

"See! You're lying." He smiled amused while she narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Then let me tell you th—" I cleared my throat to interrupt.

"Mr. and Mrs. Mendez"

Mrs. Mendez turned to her perfect posture. "Call me Ellie, please and you can call him Peter." Tinaasan siya ng kilay ni Peter that she just shrugged. Biglang may kumatok at binuksan ni Mark ang pinto.

Hindi ko napansin na wala na pala ang ibang tao dito. Maliban sa grupo ko at sa mag-asawa, si Mark lang. Bigla kaming nagulat at nagtaka nang biglang pumasok ang babaeng akala ko ay hindi ko na makikita.

"She's here!" Ellie said smiling. She was still wearing the kind of fashion she usually wears. Tight dress, high heels and make-ups. She was smiling confidently and proud down at us. She walked closer to us and stopped at the end of the table.

"What the hell is she doing here?" bulong ni Kael.

"We want your team to protect her at all times. Follow her wherever and whenever she likes to go." Peter instructed that made us confused.

"Nice seeing you again, guys." She said before looking at me. "My name's Richelle by the way."

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

2.9M 104K 75
Sypnosis Andilyne Dave was just a typical senior highschool student. Lumaking mag isa at namuhay ng tahimik. Not until his father surprised him one d...
1.6M 63.2K 37
Lucienne Simons, also known as Lush Fox, is a best-selling mystery writer who is worshipped by millions of her fans. Everyone is eager to find out wh...
14.3M 435K 67
Highest Rank Reached in Action Category: Rank #1 Her innocence. Their violence. How come a weak and innocent girl manage to enter the academy. Except...
1M 23.7K 52
D E A T H S E R I E S I Nakaratay lang sa ospital ng ilang buwan. Paggising, nakaumbok na ang tiyan.