slam dunk | āœ”

By moonshyune

- a percabeth au - Percy was the popular kid in all of Goode. His wins for the Goode Gorgons brought fame to... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17. (4K SPECIAL!)
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
Epilogue
Author's Note

11.

7.8K 198 959
By moonshyune

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!
SLAM DUNK HAS HIT 1K VIEWS!!
THANK YOU MYSTICORNS SO MUCH FOR READING THIS BOOK I'M WRITING AND FOR VOTING, COMMENTING, AND ADDING IT TO YOUR READING LISTS!!!!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Now, don't wanna continue this emotional author's note so on with the chapter...

-•-
11.
Why is He Here?!
-•-

• Percy Jackson •

One month later...

"Percy!" Annabeth exclaimed, smacking me with the edge of her eraser. "Wake up, you idiot!"

"Wha-what is it?" I asked, looking up, my arms spread over my desk and a bit of drool on the edge. "Did I just..sleep during class?!"

Annabeth rolled her eyes, pointing at my desk. "Obviously! And, Percy, you drool in your sleep."

"What?!"

Annabeth laughed. "Get up, Percy! You're already in big trouble!"

"Wait.." I muttered, wiping my mouth. "Don't tell me I got another-!"

"Another detention? Yes."

"Oh gods! Annabeth, please don't tell-"

"I won't tell Sally!" Annabeth promised as she held her hand out to me. "Now get up!"

It had been weeks since Annabeth moved to New York. Months, in fact. And I had to say, she blended in nicely but nevertheless, stood out. The Goode students were a bit angry at her but then adjusted. Annabeth was pretty easygoing anyways. She also fit into our group and she immediately became friends with everyone. Now, you could never catch Annabeth without Piper, Reyna, Thalia or Hazel by her side.

Not to mention Thalia! She had moved in and it was all hugs when we met. Seaweed Brain, Wise Girl, and Pinecone Face was exchanged. And now, it seemed that Thalia never left.

Me and Rachel..? Well, we were just going. Though my feelings for her had multiplied. Was I crushing on her?

No...right?

And then, she asked me out to the Spring Ball! And I said yes. But I couldn't help but notice Annabeth's reaction. She was surprised, happy, but somewhat sad. When I asked her why, she shrugged me off.

Spring Ball was only one week away and the gym was getting decorated so we had all our practices in the field, not to mention that Annabeth joined the girls basketball team so I saw her way more often. As we left the class, I waved at Annabeth as she walked away to Maths while I had English. Paul was the teacher and Rachel was there too! I walked into the class and it was the usual: teenagers sitting on tables or chairs and talking to each other, or looking at their phones, Paul ignoring them all by looking at his laptop.

Rachel was at her place, she was the seat before me, and guess what she was doing? Yep, you guessed right-she was doodling! Again.

"Hey Rachel," I said, slumping down on the seat after her.

Rachel turned and gave me a wide smile. "Hey Percy! How was your last class?" She asked.

I groaned. "Please, thank gods it was a substitute, because I fell asleep on my desk," I replied, sitting down on my chair.

Rachel snorted. "Wow. Did Annabeth wake you up without you punching her nose?" She grinned.

I nodded seriously. "Yes, and that was a miracle," I said. "It's a wonder."

Rachel rolled her eyes. "Anyways, Perce, I wanted to ask you something..."

"Shoot away."

"So...hypothetically..." Rachel muttered, fiddling with the hem of her t-shirt. "If a guy likes a girl, and the girl likes him back, but the guy is too stupid to ask her out...what do you think they should do?"

I felt like one of those sacred Apollo's cows in Greek Mythology-slow, dumb, are really, really, bright red. "Um...well, the girl should probably, uh...take the first step."

Rachel gave me another smile. "That's what I thought too! Well, thanks Percy!" She said, turning back to her seat.

What was that about?! Who was that about?? Was it, by any chance, about..me?

-•-

Annabeth sat down next to me as the usual chatters of the students filled the lunch hall. "Piper is being so irrational, and annoying, and clueless!" She whispered to me.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

Annabeth scooped up some of the "spaghetti" they made and stuck her tongue out. "She thinks Jason doesn't like her, that he probably likes someone else...like Drew!"

Both of us turn our heads and glance at another table, the one where the so-called "popular kids" sit. Drew was standing there, making a big show, like she was the one and only beautiful girl on this earth. But the fact is she wasn't even beautiful. Maybe she was, but who knows. That half a ton of makeup covering her face made her look like those overly fake Barbie dolls.

I rolled my eyes at Annabeth. "Please, you've only come now. I've been suffering Jason's lovesick rants since sixth grade! Three years, imagine that!"

Annabeth looked at me curiously. "You didn't have a crush on anyone?"

My eyes went wide at her question. Well...I did actually have a crush on Annabeth...when we were young, obviously! Not now! But all those times we played together in her backyard, I always felt like Annabeth was something more to me than 'just a friend.'

"I-well..." I mumbled, rubbing the back of my neck, sheepishly. "N-not quite a crush..but kinda..?"

Annabeth narrowed her eyes at me, looking even more curious, her grey eyes with a tint of mischief. "Who is it?" She whispered, as if we were sharing a secret.

SHIT. Oh gods, I had to cover it up somehow! I can't tell Annabeth that I had a crush on her when we were kids!

"Ummm, uh, I-well.." I stammered, racking my brain for a lie which would be good enough. "It-it is, um, Rachel!"

Annabeth raised her eyebrows. "Rachel? Well, uh...cool."

I mentally facepalmed myself. Oh frick. Why did I just tell her I had a crush on Rachel?! I mean, not that I don't have one...Wait. What am I thinking?! Do I have a crush on Rachel?! No..no, impossible! But I mean, she is cute, and sweet and..no! No! Direct your mind away from those thoughts! Perseus Jackson!

I immediately turned my head and it didn't help that the first person I saw was Rachel herself.

"Hey Percy!" She exclaimed, flashing me a bright smile while sitting down on my other side. "Hey Annabeth," she said, a bit less enthusiastic.

"Hey.." Annabeth muttered, not interested. She twirled her fork on the disgusting plate of puke that was meant to be called "food."

"Annabeth...something wrong?" I asked, concerned.

Annabeth looked at me and I could see that it was a fake smile covering up her face. "No, nothing. Nothing at all! Just...just wondering how to get Jason and Piper together..oh, here she comes." She pointed to Piper who walking here with Hazel.

"Hey girls, and Percy," Piper said and Hazel waved excitedly.

"Hazel, where's Jason and Nico?" I asked.

"Mm, Jason said something about basketball...and Nico was with Will, I think," Hazel replied, sitting opposite to Annabeth.

"And Thalia?"

"Here I am!" Thalia exclaimed, waving her hands like she was the next singer to hit number one on the Billboard. "I have arrived! Do not fear, peasants!"

Reyna, who was walking behind her, rolled her eyes. "Oh, my queen," she said, every one of her word dripping with sarcasm. "Get back to Thalia Mode I force a plate of garbage down your throat."

Thalia grinned and sat down. "Hi yo, Percy! And Annie!"

"Don't call me that!"

Thalia ignored her. "Guess what?" She glanced at Piper who seemed to be talking something with her half-sister, Silena, and not listening to what was going on at the table, then spoke to the rest of us. "Jason wants to ask Pipes out, but he keeps chickening out. Then I told him to be a man or else I would never respect him as my brother!"

Annabeth gave a devilish smirk that made me think she was definitely going to barge in and do something. "Perfect! What if we all go out to a café or something, and drop those two together-and alone?"

Thalia gave an evil laugh, that confirmed her to be a descendant of Darth Vader. "That is why you're my best friend, Annie!"

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME THAT!!"

Thalia ignored her once more. "Okay team, Operation Jiper is on!"

"Jiper?" Rachel asked, confused.

Reyna waved her off. "It's Piper and Jason's ship name!"

"Ship names?!" I narrowed my eyebrows at the duo. "You guys? Wow, I did not expect that from both of you!"

Reyna gave me another smirk. "Well, we are single. And we need some way to annoy our friends, right?" She looked at Thalia, who nodded. "Besides, we even have one for you and Anna-"

Thalia clasped her hand over Reyna's mouth, silencing her with one of Thalia's death glares that would definitely make you pee your pants.

"Ookay, we are just gonna pretend that didn't happen.." Annabeth said. She looked at me. "Percy! We need to talk! Can you come to the library with me?"

"I..okay.." I said.

As we finished our plates and walked out, Reyna and Thalia were wiggling their eyebrows at me, Piper was making ridiculous kissy noises and faces Silena gave me a wink, Beckendorf gave me an encouraging smile, Leo with a mischevious smirk and Rachel looked emotionless.

What was wrong with these people?

Annabeth led me to the hallway and suddenly stopped.

"What is it?" I asked.

Annabeth had an uncomfortable look on her face. "Percy...do you like Rachel?"

Woah. Okay, that was unexpected...

"I-why do you ask?" I murmured.

"N-nothing, just c-curious.." she said, rubbing her arm.

"Well I-" I began before a voice cut me off.

"ANNABETH!"

Both of us didn't see the figure behind Annabeth: a muscular guy with shaggy blond hair, a scar across his cheek and striking blue eyes.

We both turned and Annabeth gasped.

"LUKE?!"

~•~•~•~

And that's the end of chapter 11!

Just kidding. There's more.

-•-

Luke gave a grin. "The one and only."

I stood there as Annabeth flung herself into Luke's arms and kissed him. When they finally pulled away, Annabeth looked into Luke's eyes. "I missed you," she said.

Luke laughed, pushing a strand of Annabeth's hair behind her ear. "I missed you too," he said, kissing her cheek.

They both continued staring at each other, like they'd been away for an eternity. Before I could stop myself, I cleared my throat loudly.

Annabeth pulled herself from Luke and pointed to me. "Luke, this is Percy. He was my best friend before in San Fransisco and we JUST realised that when I moved here. Percy, Luke." Annabeth introduced us.

Luke raised his eyebrow as I felt a strange feeling stirring in my stomach, looking at Annabeth, so happy with Luke. There was awkward silence between us before I broke the ice, muttering, "Hey."

"Hey there, Percy. Wait, isn't this the dude the won you beat at the finals?" Luke asked.

Annabeth nodded. "Yeah, but we're kinda like best friends now."

"That-that's nice."

Okay...things were getting really awkward right now...

"Well, um, Annabeth? You said you wanted to take me to the library to say something?" I asked her.

Annabeth shrugged as Luke looked at me to her. "Yeah, but we'll do that later! Now, I gotta show Luke to the others!" She said, tugging on Luke's arm. "Come on, Luke!"

Annabeth and Luke walked away, leaving me standing in the hallway alone.

I didn't like Luke. There was just a bad aura around him. I didn't like him and Annabeth together either. Maybe it was just because I was a protective best friend...

Hmm...something was fishy about Luke, and I was determined to find out. And if it harmed Annabeth in any way, I would not leave him scot-free.

I followed Luke and Annabeth into the lunch hall.

"Guys!" Annabeth exclaimed. "My boyfriend! He's here!"

Those lines led to a dramatic reaction at the table. Silena and Piper gasped, Hazel looked at me then Annabeth, Leo mouthed, "Oh shizballs...", Reyna and Thalia glared at Luke in a how-dare-you-date-Annabeth kinda way, and Rachel looked delighted at the news.

"Guys!" Annabeth insisted. "He moved here! For me! Isn't that sweet?"

Okay, this was not the Annabeth I knew. The Annabeth I know would not squeal over some random boy. Definitely not.

"Hey!" Rachel squealed.

"Hi, Luke.." Thalia muttered dangerously.

Piper and Silena seemed way too offended to say anything. Leo gave me a smirk, Beckendorf waved.

"Stay. Away. From. Me." Reyna deadpanned.

Luke looked like he was wondering why he was getting threatened so much. I stifled a laugh.

Guess my friends don't like Luke very much either...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

462K 12.6K 60
In a world without demigods, Annabeth Chase has been on the waiting list to check out a book for months. As it turns out, none other than Percy Jacks...
5.3K 55 60
The 7 of the Great Prophecy have grown up and all had kids. There is no OOC everyone is with their proper ships. Lets see what these kids have in sto...
99.5K 1.3K 45
Annabeth, Thalia, Jason, Piper, Nico, Will, Frank, Hazel, Travis, Katie and were one massive friend group at their Eagle Mountain College and Highsch...
200K 5.7K 90
Annabeth Chase is a rebellious teen who only acts out for attention. She has a brain, but it seems like she's not using it. Percy Jackson is trouble...