Love and Basketball ||Urban(D...

By dreamdoll22

Cassie + Saint = Basketball 🏀? (Yeah...I'm not good at descriptions so just read and find out...😉) also I'm... More

Prolouge
PART ONE: Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38: Is you or is you ain't?
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
PART TWO: Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
other books

Chapter 30

58.5K 2K 988
By dreamdoll22

You simply must listen to the song my lovely's🦋
***
Saint Smith, Friday 4:00pm
I sat in the boys locker room, untying my sneakers. I put them off to the side taking the little cardboard pieces out of my gym bag and stuffing them into my sneakers.

Opening up my gym bag wider, I pulled out my uniform. Our first game of the year and I was ready to beat these niggas at Bayridge high.

Standing up and pulling down my pants, I took them completely off, putting on white compression shorts that stopped right below my knees and the green and yellow shorts to my uniform.

I reached into my bag, pulling out my matching long sleeve compression shirt to put under my jersey and cover my tats. Then I put on my jersey that read number 24.

I looked down at myself, making sure everything was tucked into place. Then I reached into my bag for the last time, pulling out my white basketball sneakers and water bottle.

I sat back down, putting on my sneakers and making sure they were tied tight. I took a nervous gulp of my water. A nigga was never nervous.

"Smith! You ready?" One of of the guys on the team asked me, taking me by surprise.

"Yeah. Ain't no big deal." I shrugged.

"Aii my nigga I see you." He smiled, putting his things into a locker.

"Alright team!" My coach spoke in a stern voice. Everyone stood up, facing him and giving him our attention.

"As you know we're going to be running the play we made yesterday to try and beat Bayridge high in our first game tonight. Use the strategies I've taught you this past month and apply them when your out there." He spoke.

"Saint. Being the team captain, we're all counting on you to lead the team. You've got it number 24." He smiled.

I put a fake grin on my face, looking down. His words right there just put a lot of pressure on me. "Fuck." I mumbled to myself as the team dispersed.

Cassie Davis
I stretched my legs and arms, making sure my body was loose and ready to cheer. I was so excited to cheer for my boyfriend for the first time. The team and I had been practicing for the longest and now it was our time to show off.

"Cassie, could I talk to you for a sec?" A girl from the team asked me. She was our newest edition, Kaylyn. She replaced Harper, who was booted off since she'd been missing practice constantly.

"Could you run me through the cheer again, just once? I really don't want to mess up our first game." Kaylyn pleaded.

"Of course." I smiled.

I called over two other girls, getting into a mini formation. We ran the cheer, giving Kaylyn a mind refresher right before the game.

"Thank you so much." She smiled, giving me a tight hug.

"No problem." I smiled back, waving to her as she went to and sit on the benches. Me and a couple of other girls continued to stretch before the game started.

I looked around the gym. The seats were filling up rapidly. Almost the entire gym was filled too. I couldn't wait to see Saint play.

Honestly, this was my first time seeing him in action and I was ecstatic. Competitive basketball parents came in wearing their sons uniform numbers and their faces were painted with the colors of our school. Everything that I was seeing at the moment just excited me.

Our school dean entered the middle of the gym, holding a microphone, quieting everyone down.

"Gooooood Evening Oakfeild High!" She announced with an excited look on her face.

Everyone cheered full of excitement. I joined the girls on the benches, waiting for the game to begin.

"Welcome to our first basketball game of the season!" She squealed, having everyone cheer once again. "Drinks and refreshments are in the lobby if anyone would like to purchase them. But now, here is Coach Hathaway!"

The boys basketball coach took the mic, speaking into it. He introduced the team and the basketball players one by one. Then he called out Saints name last.

"Saint Smith!" He yelled.

Saint jogged out into the gym, joining his teammates next to the coach.

"WHEW!" I cheered. "THAT'S MY BABY!" I yelled.

The girls around me looked at me in shock.

"Girl..." one of them said.

"Sorry." I laughed.

After introducing our team to the school, the opposing team entered. They were called the "Panthers" and they were booed by the crowd which was quite rude but it was whatever. It was just to throw their game off.

The national anthem was sang by a freshman girl and the game began. Already, Saint was killing it. The dribbles, crossing, passing, and half court shots he made were amazing.

The crowd lost it when he pulled his little basketball tricks on an opposing team member who thought he had threw the ball to someone when it was really behind his back.

Saint was amazing on the court. The opposing team had been held back 36 points away from our team. Half time was almost coming up and it was almost time for the squad and I to cheer.

After the second quarter of the game finished. The time buzzed. The crowd cheered, the opposing team huddled up in a panic, and Saint came strolling over to me.

He wiped his forehead of sweat with the bottom of his shirt, jogging over to me.

"How you think I'm doing?" He asked, putting his hands on his hips and panting out of breath.

"Saint...your doing amazing. Like I am so shocked." I babbled, standing up to give his sweaty ass a hug.

He lifted up his arms, surprised I would even touch him with all the sweat that was on his body. But I didn't even care.

"Half time is about to begin." I smiled, pulling away.

"Yeah I know, you better fuck the game up Cass." He laughed, sticking his tongue out.

"I will." I smiled.

"But don't shake that ass too much." He squinted. "You gotta save that shit for me when you throw it back in the bed tonight."

"Saint!" I whispered, looking around to make sure my teammates weren't listening.

"I'm playin mama." He laughed, kissing me on my forehead. "Good luck."

"Thanks." I blushed.

He ran back to his team, sitting in the benches on the other side of the gym.

My coach stepped towards the middle of gym, holding the announcement microphone.

"For our half-time, the girls cheerleading team will be performing! Give a round of applause for Oakfield high's cheerleading squad." She announced.

The crowd cheered for us, but over everyone's voice I could hear Saints the most. Not even my mom or his who was sitting a couple rows behind me could top him.

Our song, Bum Bum Granada started. If you were familiar with the song, you knew there was going to be a lot of movement. The squad and I ran out into the center of the gym, with big smiles on our faces taking formation.

I lost myself in the moment as if this were just practice and no one else was in the gym but me, the squad, and our coach.

We even added in some extra flips and twists. The team and I did everything flawlessly times ten.

Towards the end, my eye caught on two people in black hoodies enter the gym. They ran down the stairs taking a seat towards the court.

Getting a better look, it was Harper and Mickel. I could tell it was Harper by the way her blonde curls slipped out from the sides of her hoodie and the short blue skirt she had on.

I could tell it was Mickel because he had on that same dirty black Nike hoodie from the other day. His face seemed to get paler too. He didn't look to well. It kind of scared me.

Saint didn't even notice the two of them looking down at him from the bleachers. Their eyes were filled with hate but for what? There was no reason to hate Saint.

I walked back to the benches as the crowd cheered for the team and I. I sat crossing my legs, watching the guys on the team warm up for the next half of the game.

Saint drunk from his water bottle, gulping it down as fast as he could. He pulled it from his mouth, pressing the water dispenser down with his thumb.

In no time at all, the game started again. Already our team made the first basket of the third quarter. I tried to forget about Harper and Mickel who mysteriously sat with each other across the gym but I couldn't.

I walked up the bleachers, unplugging my phone from it's charger on the the wall. I put my thumb print in the home button, opening up my messages.

Me
Lis...Harper and Mickel at the game right now.

Lisa🧞‍♀️🌺
The fuck they doing th- I'm on my way.

I put my phone back on the charger running back down the bleachers to the benches. I took a seat, finally trying to enjoy the game.

Of course Saint was killing it out there but I still couldn't focus. I didn't want Saint and Mickel to get into it after the game or something. That's not how I wanted this night to end. I took a deep breath, focusing on Saint.

He was in a bent over position with his hands rested on his knees. He panted constantly, wiping his forehead of sweat. He looked good. I couldn't help but break into a small smile.

The ball was passed to him and he dribbled it down the court, making another basket. He was on the roll right now and I was too proud.

***
Saint Smith
We were in the fourth quarter. The last quarter of the game. I dribbled the ball down the court, dodging niggas and crossing them.

When I was a couple feet away from the basket, I jumped up throwing the ball into the hoop. The crowd went wild. For a second, I had a really good feeling. The buzzer went off and my team bombarded me as soon as me feet touched the ground.

"We won!" One of them yelled out, pointing at the scoreboard.

My coach came running my way with his clipboard.

"Smith...in all my years of coaching the boys basketball team, I've never seen anyone quite like you." He admitted in awe.

I didn't know what to say. I was shocked.

"Is that a good thing?" I asked.

"Boy...all I could say is, you got potential." He spoke. He held his hand out for a dap. I dapped him up, as he walked away to speak to the opposing teams coach.

Out of nowhere, I felt someone's arms wrap around my waist tightly from behind. I looked down to see smooth, light skin little arms. They were Cassie's.

I turned around as she let go. She looked up at me while I looked down at her.

"Babe...you did phenomenal. Like...I've never seen anything like that before...well even though I don't watch basketball or really pay attention to the games I go to and-" She rambled before I interrupted her by kissing her lips.

She closed her eyes, getting into it. I picked her up by her waist. She wrapped her legs around my hips as I held her my her butt.

She pulled away. "Shit, I forgot where we were for a second." She smiled. "My team is most likely watching."

"It's all good. Cause you gone buss it open for me later so..." I joked.

"You damn right." She laughed, walking away. "I'll meet you outside."

"Ight." I said, walking in a different direction.

On my way to the boys locker room, people congratulated me on our win. Even some of the opposing team members on their way out did too.

I felt good about myself. Something I hadn't felt genuinely in a long time.

I grabbed my things out of my locker, changing back into my clothes. As soon as I got to my moms place, I was gone take a nice shower. She had already went straight home after the game.

She wanted me to spend the weekend with her again. I most definitely didn't mind. Especially because Cassie was next door.

She was probably going to come over anyways after the cheerleading squad left her place.

I walked out into the school parking lot only to see Cassie and Lisa up close and personal with Mickel and Harper.

I ran over to them, trying to stop whatever drama that had been going on.

"Yo what the fuck my nigga. What're you doing?" I asked Mickel, pushing him away from Cassie.

"He mad cause you and Cassie together." Lisa snapped, rolling her eyes.

"And why the fuck you here Harper?" I spat, looking her up and down.

"Cause, you left me for Cassie bitch ass." She snapped back.

"Ayo don't talk about my girl like that." I spoke, poking Harper in the chest with my index finger.

She stepped back, a little taken back at my gesture.

"You's a bitch Saint. I don't why Cassie's dumb ass can't see that." Mickel mumbled under his breath.

"Say that shit again." I said sternly sizing him up.

***
How was it?🥰
Sorry I left y'all hanging🥺
I really wanted to start on a fresh slate.🤷🏽‍♀️
Vote💖
Comment💬
Btw I'm reallllyyyyy sick so it's hard for me to edit pre-written chapters or just write in general. Once I feel better you guys will be getting more updates🥺 I promise. Also sorry for any grammar mistakes. I forced myself to edit this for y'all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 138 13
Read the book and find out ------------------------------ this book has a LOT of smut, but I will be robbing you guys for fun every once in awhile. ...
6K 350 108
Part II of "Adopted By NBA YoungBoy". I hope you guys enjoy! By the way, please excuse any grammar mistakes or anything in this book.
23.5K 715 32
Bit-... you better come read and find out. 💋
604K 9.1K 83
imagines w ur favorite guys ** it gets better the more you read. the older imagines are definitely not my best work 🥲 **