Diary of a Vampire Slayer, Bo...

Af jen1234

Book 1: Alexandra Alexandra Matheson is a descendant from a long-line of incredibly talented and powe... Mere

Note
New Life
Skills
School Attack
Reaction
Slayer Arrogance
A Little Fun
First Day of Classes
Training
Nightmares
Training with the Rival
Hunt Preparation
Big-mouth
New Friends
Vampire Bite
Meeting with a Vampire
Changes
Frenemies
Attack from Behind
Midnight Visit
House Travis in Charge
Hello House Lancer
Secrets between Houses
Truth Comes Out
Provocation
Out in the Open
First Raid
House Weapons
Meet House Matheson
Instincts
The Black Family
Spider
Secrets Are Out
Meeting in the Tracker House
House Secrets
Bloodlust
Central America
Set-Up
Incriminated
Witch-Tales
Liar Liar
Unease
Second Puberty
Going Home
Old House
Welcome to House Burns
Whistler
Peace
New State of Mind
Leather
Smell
Blood Bank
Celebrity
Honesty
Party
A Little Help
Midnight Visit
The Whistler
New Friend
Beat Up
A Gift
Final Exams
Friendly Houses
Day of Submission
Epilogue

Vegan

448 41 0
Af jen1234

Something in the air caught my attention. I froze, shuffling on my feet to do a full circle. There was a soft barely noticeable smell.

      "Do you smell that?" I whispered raising my hand.

      "Not here. And no I don't smell anything. There aren't any vampires."

      "Can you smell them too?" Only a handful of Slayers could smell them. I knew Eric could.

      "Yes of course." Christopher wrapped his fingers around my hand, gently lowering it. "There are no vampires. We've got the place covered tonight." I got a whiff of the scent again. I turned again in my spot trying to find the source. It was barely there. The smell of alcohol was more overpowering. Christopher was right, the smell of Ordines was low. There were quite a bit of Slayers in here tonight. 

I shook my head trying to forget about the scent. The scent was probably lingering in the club from earlier.

      "Nevermind, something smelled strange. Let me go to bathroom and we can go downstairs." I quickly scanned the room trying to make sure it had been nothing. Maybe someone was wearing a strange cologne or perfume. 

I went into the bathroom to catch my breath. There were a lot of strong smells. The club was packed with people. The smell of blood was becoming overwhelming. There was no room to breath.

I leaned forward on the counter sinking my fingers into the cold granite.

        We would only be here for an hour or two. Next time, I would make up some kind of excuse to not come out. It had been too soon.

I drenched a paper towel with cold water so that I could press it to my forehead. I took a few deep breaths.

        "You were bitten."

A squeak escaped from my mouth. The worst part was that I had jumped back and was now pressed against the wall. 

The Second Slayer was standing in front of me, staring. He was still wearing contacts. If he was a true vegan vampire that never had drank human blood he would have copper eyes with an outer red ring. They were easily distinguishable just like vegetarian vampires.

      "I knew I smelled a vampire."

      "So did I." he retorted placing a glass of water on the counter. "It's easier if you stay hydrated and well fed."

      "What do you want?" I snapped composing myself. My heart was still beating hard against my chest.

      "You aren't more than seventeen....eighteen?"

I didn't say anything. He leaned against the counter with his arms across his chest. He was still wearing the Slayer uniform.

      "Eighteen," I told him tightlipped. "How long have you been a vampire for?" He wasn't a threat to me but instincts were saying to kill him.

       "Eighty-four years." He answered not lifting his eyes from me. "I was turned at thirty-two. Earlier tonight, I thought my mind was playing tricks on me. I saw the bite on your neck."

       "What is it that you want? Damien named you Second Slayer so if you are trying to blackmail me-"

       "I have no intentions of blackmailing you." He lifted is lip in dislike not liking what I said. "I had to meet you that's all. The vampires ran for cover when they heard you were here."

       "You didn't." My lips pursued not liking the way he was eyeing my neck. It was not out of hunger but curiosity. I should have kept my jacket on.

       "Nope, I've never taken human blood. No reason to hide from you." The corner of his lips twitched. "Stay hydrated Matheson." He tapped his fingers against the counter before turning to go.

       "Does Damien have you keeping an eye on me? Are you going to report my symptoms to him?"

He threw back his head laughing loudly.

      "Nope."

      "Liar."

      "Am I?"

He was teasing because he cocked his head sideways slightly. My face was neutral as possible. I did not want him reading me.

     "What's your ability? Is that why you are a Slayer?"

     "Nope."

His dark eyes were scanning mine. They were shifting ever so slightly.

     "Mind-reader," I smirked, lowering my head to see his face clearly. "And clean. You became a Slayer when the law changed. Damien changed it so you are returning the favor by keeping an eye on me. You can tell him whatever you want. I'll have a word with him too."

Damien had said he had trusted me. Now he had a vampire keeping an eye on me. That didn't make sense. Damien was a god-damn liar. He didn't trust me.

Something dawned on me. 

Eric had suggested that I think of it as an experiment. It had been all a set up. They wanted to see how much I could take.

        "This is the women's restroom. Get out." I growled at him trying to compose myself.

        "Stay hydrated." He replied once more.

Out of anger, I punched the paper towel dispenser. It flew against the stall door. I dashed out the bathroom back to the table. Eric was at the table drinking.

       "I would like to go back to school." I told him picking up my own jacket.

He turned to me with raised eyebrows. The glass was still at his mouth.

      "You aren't having fun with Brewster?" he gulped with a grimace. "I thought you two would be having fun."

      "I would like to leave. If you don't want to drive me, I can get an Uber." I pulled out my phone to request a ride.

      "What happened? Why do you want to leave now?" Eric finished his drink. I turned to go to see Christopher talking to a Slayer. She was still wearing her uniform. He seemed busy so he wouldn't mind if I left.

     "Can we go?" I snapped at him so he could hurry up. He put on his own jacket. "You can come back for everybody else." I took off without letting him say another word. I zipped up my jacket and squeezed my way out of the club. 

When the fresh air hit my lungs, I felt so much better. My mind felt like if it were opening up now. The crisp air was calming. The mixture of alcohol and blood in the club had been driving me crazy.

        "Alexandra wait a minute!" Eric shouted behind me. I kept walking as quickly as possible back to the SUV. It was still at the movie theatre parking lot. "What is going on?"

       "Nothing, I would like to get back to school. Do you need me to drive?" I tilted my body, holding out my hand to take the keys from him.

       "Nope, I had one drink." Eric searched my eyes with frown. "Why are you upset?"

        "I'm not upset." I took off again not wanting to talk to him. "Is Damien stationed around here? I need to talk to him." I mumbled to myself. Eric took hold of my arm so that I kept still.

        "What is wrong with you? Why the sudden mood change?"

        "Does Damien have the Second Chain keeping an eye on me?" I held still not moving. Eric didn't release me instead stepped in front of me so I could see him clearly.

       "No, why do you ask?" he frowned with furrowed eyebrows. Even his shoulders had straightened upwards. He was alert now.

       "Are you reporting to Damien ....about me?" my eyes narrowed in on his eyes. He released me to lean in closer. Eric wanted me to see his face clearly.

       "No, what happened?"

He wasn't lying. 

        "I don't know." I admitted glancing back at the club. Royal had left. I couldn't smell him near us. He didn't ask anymore questions as we walked back to the SUV. The streets were even busier now. It was still early in the nights so the parties were now getting starting.

         "I'm texting Lydia to let her know I'll be back for them." Eric mumbled next to me. "Why are you worried?"

        "I'm not worried." I snapped back. "Listen, I've got a headache forming. " I stopped walking because I could smell Royal again. "That son of a bitch is messing with me." I snapped loudly turning around to find him. "He's lucky I can't kill him." I hissed in frustration.

Eric's face was showing concern for me. He thought I was losing my mind.

        "Don't you smell him?" I cried out at him. "He's-" I twirled around on my feet trying to smell his position. "He's.....you son of a bitch." I caught sight of a figure on top of the roof across the street. "There he is." I pointed up at him. Eric whipped around to catch sight of him.

       "Royal?" he leaned his head forward. "What-?"

I took off, running across the street. He jumped down from the roof onto the alley. His face hardened as soon as his eyes laid on me.

        "Why are you following me?" I withdrew my knife from my pocket.

        "I'd be careful threatening me. I'm protected under the current laws." He nodded at the knife in my hand.

        "Sir, what is going on?" Eric replied behind me. He placed a hand on my shoulder make me halt. All I wanted to do was to fight him. My hands formed into fists.

        "You are being followed by three vampires." Royal's steely gaze turned on me.

        "I don't smell them." I countered, glaring at him.

         "They are there." He replied calmly. "My Slayers are closing in on them as we speak. Be careful getting back to campus." His voice hardened as he spoke to us. "Goodnight to the both of you." 

        "Thank you sir." Eric replied, keeping his hand on my shoulder. I lifted my lips at Royal not thanking him for the help. Instead I lifted my arm and with the flick of my wrist threw it at him.

The knife missed his left ear narrowly. It only nicked the skin. No blood was drawn.

        "Tell whoever you are reporting to, that it's going to take a lot to turn me into a vampire. Damien might have made you Second Slayer but you are still a vampire." I growled at him.

         "Humpf," He smiled down at me. The smile wouldn't even meet his eyes. "Careful, Ms. Matheson. You are making assumptions about a Second Slayer of the Coalition. Travis take her back to campus immediately." The smile on his face dropped. He turned around and started to walk away. 

He stopped at my knife and kicked it back to me. I waited until he was out of eyesight to pick it up.

        "Why in the world did you threaten the Second Slayer?" Eric freaked out when he was gone.

         "He's a vampire." I replied wiping my knife on arm.

         "Those are rumors." Eric answered, taking hold on my arm. Eric's fingers were dragging into my arm. He was literally dragging me out of the alley.

         "I don't trust him."

          "My god Alexandra, not everybody is trying to kill you!" Eric exploded, still dragging me down the street. "You saw him at the club and what? He was staring at you? Alexandra everybody in there......all those Slayers had their eyes on you! You always seemed to enjoy the attention when they found out who you were! So what's the problem?"

My lips were glued together. I let Eric pull me back to the car. 

          There were not any putrid scents. Not a single vampire was following us. Royal was a liar and traitor.

We got to the SUV. Eric opened the passenger door and waited for me to jump in. He shut the door when my seatbelt was on.

Angrily, he got into the driver's side. He kept shooting dark looks at me. We were ten minutes into the drive when I felt I had to explain myself. 

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

326 42 10
This is the 1st book of My Friend is a Vampire series. Andrea was just a normal teenage girl. Andrea just enters Sacred Heart High School along with...
1.4K 56 10
[TWILIGHT || RILEY BIERS] There is said to be five stages of grief-denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. But Selene Rossi could not...
361K 7.7K 27
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is the original version of Emily Swan's story. The Rewritten version is Our Forever containing Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Brea...
6 0 13
Alex White came from a family full of strong witches but, does she over power them? With what she's been studying is nothing any witch could ever mas...