izzy. // ybnfuneral

By SSICKHOEMODE

in which a teenage boy with avoidant personality disorder suffers from the resentment of a certain someone... More

the prelude
the cast
one
two
three
four
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚛𝚝!!
seventeen [edited]
eighteen [𝘴𝘯𝘦𝘢𝘬 𝘱𝘦𝘦𝘬!]

five

615 79 66
By SSICKHOEMODE

isaiah 

the first half of the day did not move as fast as i would have wanted it to. but why would it? it was monday.

after what felt like days, i finally was released from my a.p. literature class to go and get something to eat. one of the only activities that give me true joy and comfort.

one of the downsides of me being scared and too anxious to drive my own car, was that i couldn't even leave when i wanted to.  today i wanted to leave school and eat somewhere on the outside in my car, but i didn't drive today.

so i was stranded here. on my own island, on an island filled with people i did not want to associate with whatsoever.

slamming my locker shut, i sulked to the cafeteria, trying to figure out where to eat my lunch today, preferably some teacher's classroom that wasn't in use.

usually i would go over to the art room, since the teacher in there was cool, but she wasn't here today so, i had to compromise.

thoughts rushed through my brain as i grabbed the lunch from the lunch ladies and gave her my money.

where am i going to go today?

i sped walked out of the cafeteria, not wanting to be noticed or approached by anyone, or any of the staff that stood and supervised in there.

then i thought i spotted some of the tables and umbrellas outside and decided to eat out there. making sure my hoodie was zipped up and i was snug, i walked outside into the crisp air and took a seat at a clean table that no one was sitting at.

there were only about 5 people in total outside, but they were all scattered all over the place so they didn't really matter to me.

i dug in my jeans pocket for my earbuds and plugged it into my phone, and adjusted it on a good volume, and then, i proceeded to eat my stuffed crust pizza.

i felt a gust of wind and i shivered, and pulled my hood further on my head.

maybe i should have just snuck into some teacher's classroom instead of eating out here. but then again, i don't want people asking me questions....

i sucked it up, and stuck it out in the cold, eating my lunch and listening to some good music.

i checked the time on my phone and seen that time had flown by pretty fast and that we had less than five minutes until lunch was completely over. i still had a pack of goldfish and a half a bottle of  the lipton peach iced tea i had brought from home, so  i wasn't really in any type of rush.

i played some games on my phone to pass the time. i didn't really have anyone to text. i would text my sister but she was at work, and this time was usually the busiest time of the day.

i began to hear faint voices, but i didn't pay any mind to them. 

a few seconds later i see a someone standing in front of my table. i slowly, getting more and more nervous, look up, just to lock eyes with nick who let a blunt hang lazily from his plump, slightly parted lips. his dark brown eyes were low and kind of red, obvious signs he was smoking.

i crossed my legs, and bit my inner cheek at how good, but simple, his outfit was. he just continue to glare at me and my heart beat faster and faster the longer he stared. after afew more seconds i couldn't take it anymore. i put my head down and turned my body away from him. class should be starting in a few minutes anyway.

i heard him hum something, but i was too busy scrambling to pack all my stuff to care. i wasn't trying to be around him any longer.

"why you out here?" he asked in a low voice, full of his signature alabama drawl. i snapped my neck up at him like he was crazy.

did he just ask me..... a normal question? without finding a way to somehow ridicule me and make me feel worse than i already do on a daily basis? 

i stared at him like i didn't know how to talk. because that honestly took me by surprise. nick actually asked a question that expressed some type of concern, even if those weren't his intentions. 

"well?" he asked again, rolling my eyes, probably because of my dumbfoundedness.

i blinked several times. "i--i--, uh.. i just-- because... i want to." i stumbled, speaking in a soft voice. i continued to look down at my shoes. i gripped bottled tea in one hand and held my books against my chest tightly. my leg bounced vigorously, another sign i was very anxious and very uncomfortable.

"mmm," he hummed, either not convinced by my answer or he just didn't care about my answer. but then again, he's the one who came up to me and asked.

he sneered down at me, taking another drag and noticed the drink gripped tightly in my palm.  "ew, you drink that? that flavor nasty as shit. no wonder you like it."

i opened my mouth to say something but as usual, i failed to do so, and i ended up biting down hard on my lip, and look off to the side, staring hard at the large trees that swayed in the breeze. 

i didn't-- couldn't-- say anything else, but nod my head very slightly and stand up from my seat, walking away from him and back inside, without uttering another word.

my body was trembling a little as my mind raced and heart thumped so hard i felt a numbing pain, and i rushed to my next class before the bell rung.

that interaction with nick outside made me feel so many different things at once. i tried to wrap my head around it and understand it all, but it only made me feel lightheaded.

i was confused and a little thrown off by his question that looked like he was expressing concern for my well-being, but i could be wrong. and i've always been confused as to why he was always so harsh with me.

i kept my head low and headphone tucked in my ear, hoodie draped over my head as i continued to contemplate on the matter, which caused me to bump shoulders with someone.

i glanced back to see who it was, because it would make me seem rude if i just kept walking, but i really had no intentions in apologizing if we're being honest.

i noticed that it was that girl that was being all clingy with nick earlier and my eyes got a little wider.

she put her hand up and nodded, silently telling me she was sorry and kept on with her friends. though i could have sworn i saw her roll her eyes, or maybe i was just tired and imagined it.

i continued to my last class of the day, which was creative writing, one of my favorite classes in this sorry excuse for a school.

when i arrived only a few people were in the room, and i took a seat in the middle row, on the far end of the classroom, closest to the door.

i put my head down and decided to rest my eyes, since the teacher wasn't ready to start class yet.

i felt a buzz in my pants pockets and i took out my phone and see that i got a text from my sister.

luna <3 : they wanted me to handle a task from someone else's shift so i might be running a little late. i'm sorry bby bro :(
sent 1:49 p.m.

my stomach seemed to churn at that text. i groaned quietly and responded.

me: ugh. well, it's okay ig. gotta do your job 🤷 just please don't have me waiting for too long :/
delivered 1:50 p.m.

i slipped my phone in my pocket and pulled my folder that held all my assignments along with my notebook and a pen.

even though i didn't show it or say it, i was excited for the teacher to read my the new piece i've been working on. i always secretly loved when my teacher gave me praise for my prose and poems. it always gave me some type of motivation and hope that i was doing something right.

of course, the one class of the day that i thoroughly enjoy goes  by quicker than expected, and now it was about two minutes before it was over.

i decided to text my sister that i'm getting out of school, just to let her know how long i'll be waiting and make her feel bad in the end.

luna <3 : school's just about over btw. i'll be waiting inside, near where you dropped me off this morning.
delivered 2:34 p.m.

i resumed my music and put my phone in my hoodie pocket. then the bell rang. everyone in the class rushed out all at once, ready to go home.

must be nice to rush out of here.

i got up slowly, and walked out of the classroom, and to my locker, getting my notebooks from earlier.

i wasn't intentionally looking, but i didn't see nick loitering or sauntering around the hallways like he usually does, and i let out a breath of relief.

since i didn't feel like standing in the stale air and freezing wind for God knows how long, i walked over to the main office and waited in the lobby, until luna got here.

i played games on my phone and read obscure articles about personalities and other psychological topics, until my phone battery was drained to 45%. that's when i decided to unplug my headphones and give it a rest. it was getting warm in my hands anyways.

i checked the time while i was at it and it was pushing on four. she should have gotten on break, or at least left by now.

as if on cue, i received a message from her.

luna<3 : i'll be done in 20
sent 3:53 p.m.

me : kk
delivered 3:53 p.m.

i decided to rest my eyes for a bit and my body relaxed on the plush couch and my head rested against the wall.

as i was about to slip into the world of dreams, i heard a door slam in the distance and my eyes shot wide open, startled by the noise.

sort of like a defense mechanism, i scooted to the far end of the couch and readjusted my hoodie and kept my eyes in the opposite direction of the door that was near the couch.

the door had swung open and i made sure to keep my eyes downward or off to the side so i wouldn't come into contact with whoever just walked out. i waited to hear the main doors open and shut, or any door, but i didn't hear anything. just light breathing besides my own, as if they were watching me.

the anxiety was taking over my body and brain, and i slowly looked to my right, to see who was standing there and staring at me.

oh, you've got to be kidding me.

nick looked up from his phone  and smirked evilly once his eyes landed on mine. my heart thumped harder and harder the longer he looked at me.

he walked over to the couch i was sitting at and took a seat a few inches away from me, still smirking devilishly.

almost instantaneously, i got up and grabbed my bookbag and sat on the single couch that was opposite of the long one.

"aww, why you move?" nick asked me tauntingly. i narrowed my eyes at him and shifted my gaze to his shoes instead of his face. i didn't want to answer him.

he hummed lowly and got up from his seat and perched next to me in a plastic chair. again, i got up and walked back to my original seat. this time, nick didn't switch spots.

his playful gaze turned into an annoyed and hateful glare. "why you here anyways?"

i shrugged my shoulders, looking at my shoes. "because." i responded softly.

"because...?" he trailed off, prompting me to answer.

i shrugged again, biting my inner cheek. "m-my ride isn't here." 

he mused in my direction and continued to glare, looking at me up and down. before he could say something, i asked him why he was here, which surprised me, since i was always too shy or didn't care enough to reciprocate a question that was asked towards me.

"detention." he answered simply, his accent slipping through a bit.

i nodded sharply and looked at my sleeve, praying for my phone to go off and luna pull up. but neither happened.

nick stood up from the chair and adjusted his backpack over his shoulder, and walked towards the front doors, before pausing and glancing backwards at me.

"are you comin' or not? i don't need you wastin' my time." he asked in a dismissive voice.

i looked at him wide-eyed and startled by his sudden question. 

"wait, y-you want me to c-come with you?" i stumbled, completely caught off guard.

he rolled his eyes in dramatic gesture. "yes!" he exaggerated. "now come the fuck on."

"i-- i-- ni--"  i wanted to protest and tell him that my sister was coming here to get me, but he was already walking out the door and heading for the parking lot.

i sighed and grabbed my bookbag and followed him out the building, trying to catch him so i wouldn't get lost in the parking lot looking for his car.

i spotted him and lightly jogged to the passenger side of the door and got inside, setting my bag between his lap.

i texted luna that i was getting a ride, and i knew she was going to interrogate me on who, but i thought i'd deal with all that later when she got home from work.

"i-i already had a, uh.. a ride a-and everything. you didn't have to do this." i spoke quietly after sitting in silence for a few minutes.

he glanced at me and back at the road, and held his usual blank and unreadable expression, and continued to drive.

_______________________________

yay! i swear every time i start writing a new chapter. i get so excited and can't wait to finish it :))

i don't know if y'all feel the same way, but i sure do :))

[excuse any mistakes and/or errors.]

anyways, we finally got some interaction time with nick and my sweet baby izzy 😊 how do you all feel about that??

there will be more moments with them, even the cute and romantic and sexy ones, but i'm building up to it guyth, gotta be patient :)

please, PLEASE comment and vote on this story. bc y'all already know how much that means to me . it makes me feel better about myself :/

thank you to all of you out there who love this story!! i'm glad you like it bc i do too.

vote! comment! tell people this story/ship exists!!

vi💜

(oh and by the way, how many of you know what/where those lyrics are in the mm? comment if you know :)))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

309K 10.1K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
123K 3.3K 73
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
177K 4.6K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...
9.4M 307K 52
"you're all mine; the hair, the lips, the body, it's all mine." highest previous rankings: - #1 in jimin - #1 in pjm - #1 in btsfanfic cover by: @T...