Been Through: BOOK 3 - CHANBA...

By ParkBaekkie

|COMPLETED| Book 3: This story focuses on the life of Chanyeol and Baekhyun, as well as Sehun, Jongin, Luhan... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
TRAILER
* PROLOGUE
[ 1 ] Stay With Me
[ 2 ] A Man Like You
[ 3 ] * Doctor Park
[ 4 ] A Pride To Keep
[ 5 ] Of Drives and Ice Creams
[ 6 ] * Don't Come
[ 7 ] * Halfway Through
[ 8 ] * A Special Sunday
[ 9 ] Till Death Do Us Part
[ 10 ] * Don't Leave Like This
[ 11 ] See You Again
[ 12 ] Vulnerable
[ 13 ] The Student Council's Secret: * Halloween Special Chapter (1/2)
[ 14 ] Behind Closed Doors : * Halloween Special Chapter (2/2)
[ 15 ] * That Five Point Five
[ 16 ] With or Without You
[ 17 ] * You Are The Reason
[ 18 ] * My Most Precious Gift
[ 19 ] * Ramen
[ 20 ] You're My Tweny Four
[ 21 ] Of Chickens and Cakes
[ 22 ] To Where You Belong
[ 23 ] Nurse Jongin
[ 24 ] Like a Third Boyfriend
[ 25 ] * A Turn of Events
[ 26 ] Truth or Dare
[ 27 ] Master Baekhyun
[ 28 ] * Nine O'clock
[ 29 ] Welcome Back to Seoul
[ 30 ] A Parallel of Sentiments
[ 31 ] * At the Subway
[ 32 ] Finding the Lost You
[ 33 ] Been Through
[ 34 ] Welcome Back, Chanyeol
[ 35 ] The Love of My Life
[ 36 ] * Works Like Magic
[ 37 ] Start of Something New
[ 38 ] Not Considered Cheating
[ 39 ] Boyfriend?
[ 40 ] Of Friendship and Polyamory
[ 41 ] * Thoughts From the Inside
[ 42 ] But In This Life
[ 43 ] A Birthday Surprise
[ 45 ] * Giving a Hand
[ 46 ] * A Little Closer
[ 47 ] * Unforgettable Now
[ 48 ] Rainbows and Unicorns
[ 49 ] * The First Time Again
[ 50 ] My Life Savior
* Special Chapter 1/5
Special Chapter 2/5
Special Chapter 3/5
Special Chapter 4/5
Special Chapter 5/5
* EPILOGUE
BOOK 4 Announcement

[ 44 ] The One in My Memories

5.6K 552 743
By ParkBaekkie

*

Since it seems like everyone forgot that it's his birthday today, Baekhyun just decided to spend it with his Mom at his hometown. She was the first person and probably the last one to greet him anyway, and the good thing about being with your Mom on your birthday is that, you get to eat your favorite food and feel like you're the most precious thing in the world.

Unlike spending his birthday with those people he calls his friends whom in fact, got to live in his house without paying. They're just a bunch of freeloaders who can't even remember his fucking birthday.

No, he's not having any grudge here towards them, honestly. Of course he understands. They're just too busy dating each other, and buying him a cake or singing him a happy birthday song would be such a big bother to them to waste their golden time. So yes, he completely understands.

Chanyeol, too. Even Chanyeol, out of people. What would he except from Chanyeol, anyway? The guy has amnesia, of course he won't remember, and Baekhyun is not one to voice out to him and say, 'Hey, do you know that it's my birthday today? Let's celebrate!'

So what he did with Chanyeol during lunch time today was to ignore him just like everybody else, as if he didn't exist even if he kept talking beside him. Maybe Chanyeol gave up with his cold treatment towards him so in the end, he just went with the guys to somewhere Baekhyun couldn't care less.

So that left Baekhyun alone by himself and ended up planning on celebrating his birthday with his Mom. At least he received a new watch as a present.

"When is this day gonna end," Baekhyun scowls to himself as he looks at his new watch. It's only six o'clock in the evening and he still has six more hours left to finish this day, "I hate my birthday."

Last year is probably the happiest birthday he had so far in his life, because he got to spend it with Chanyeol with a mind-blowing birthday sex. It's completely a lot more different from this year's birthday. Should he just celebrate the remaining six hours of this day on a night club and get laid with a random stranger?

"No, even if you're desperate for a cock, you won't do that!" Baekhyun yells at himself, slapping his own face. He lets out a dejected sigh and just stares at the passing people in front of him, "But I don't wanna go home yet..."

After the bus from Bucheon dropped him off at the station this afternoon, he hasn't moved a single inch from the bench he is sitting. He is still contemplating whether to go home tonight, or just go home tomorrow when his birthday is already finished.

Maybe he'll just do the latter.

"I'll just sleep at a sauna, then!" Baekhyun stands up and stretches his arms. "But I want a cola first."

But before he could even step closer to the vending machine, he spots a black van stopping on the street and two black men coming out of it to grab his arms. He is about to scream out for help but it's too late, he is already thrown inside the vehicle as it drives in record speed.

Baekhyun's eyes widen in fear, seeing three girls wearing face masks inside the van, now looking down intently at him.

"Is this the guy?"

"Yes, Ma'am. Short male with dark brown hair. Small puppy eyes."

"W-who are you!?" Baekhyun yells, struggling within the hold of the two men, "Where are you taking me!?"

"Undress him," the one in the middle says, and before Baekhyun knows it, his clothes are already gone from his body. Wearing only his underwear, he looks for something to cover his almost naked being but finds none.

"Please, have mercy on me!" Baekhyun sobs as he trembles in his tiny self, "Let me go!!! I wanna go home!"

"I'm sorry. We're just following orders."

The scent inside the car is too fragrant and it's making him dizzy. His eyes seem to also feel heavy when he blinks. He doesn't realize falling unconscious on the backseat, oblivious of himself now dressed in an elegant white suit. He is sleeping the moment the van stops in front of their mansion.

*

"Baekhyun."

He feels a light shake on his arm.

"Baekhyun, wake up."

Opening his eyes slowly, he glimpses the view of Luhan's perfect white teeth grinning at him.

"He's awake now!" he hears Jongin saying behind Luhan. "Bring in the cake!"

Getting up from the chair he is now sitting, Baekhyun completely wakes himself up and realizes he's at home. He's now at the garden beside the pool with his four other friends who are now gathered in front of him, smiling at him. They all look handsome wearing black suits and bow ties like wedding bestmen. Sehun is holding the cake with strawberries and a candle on top while the three sing a happy birthday song.

"One, two, three!" Luhan counts, then they altogether shout, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BAEKHYUN!!!"

Tooot!

Kyungsoo blows the party horn right at Baekhyun's face, while the party popper with confetti goes off courtesy of Jongin.

"Blow out the candles and make a wish," Sehun says, bringing the cake closer to him.

Baekhyun closes his eyes and silently wishes, I wish that Chanyeol sunbae will regain his memories.

The gentlemen clap their hands after Baekhyun blows out the birthday candles.

"You really thought we forgot your birthday, didn't you?" Kyungsoo chuckles, "You looked very sad and disappointed this morning when no one greeted you."

"It's part of our birthday surprise for you," Sehun says, laughing teasingly, "I mean, how could I forget your birthday!? You always fall for the trick every year that's why we keep doing it again."

"I'm sorry, Baekhyun," Jongin says, "But I hope our surprise tonight will make up for it."

"Y-you guys are so mean... I really got scared when those men took me. I thought I was gonna be kidnapped for real," Baekhyun mutters, his mouth curving into a frown like he's about to throw a tantrum, "And I thought... that you don't love me anymore... because you all are now happy with each other."

"Baby, that's not true, okay?" Luhan says as he cups his face. "We prepared everything we can for this special night only for you. That is how much we love you."

Baekhyun wanders his eyes around the whole mansion nicely decorated with beautiful flowers in any kind, as well as the floor sprinkled with rose petals and jasmines. There are scented candles on every isle illuminating the evening, and the whole living room is not a living room anymore with hundreds of boxes of gifts piled ten feet above the ground.

"Well. Do you like it?"

"Yes," Baekhyun nods, his lips forming into a bright smile as he looks up to the four, "I like it very much. Thank you for doing this."

"This is not everything yet. There's more," Kyungsoo says, tugging Baekhyun's wrist to the center of the garden.

There Baekhyun sees a singer and two musicians with a piano and violin like they're just waiting for them to arrive before they start playing. A concierge is pouring champaigne on the glasses as the five of them sit on the elegant table with the delicious food served on the plates.

Everything feels luxurious, and it reminds him of the romantic dinner with Chanyeol back in New York during their third year anniversary. It is one of the most memorable date he has experienced in his entire life.

"This is amazing," Baekhyun says after he takes a sip of his drink. The atmosphere is great and overwhelming, especially with this music sounding like heaven to his ears.

Jongin gets up from the table, heading to the pianist to whisper on his ear. The man nods, and he starts to play the piano accompanied by the violin before the lady begins to sing:

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone?
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

This is a beautiful song from a movie Baekhyun remembers back in his younger years, but hearing the music again played like this brings a nostalgic feeling in his heart.

"Can I be your first dance?" Jongin kindly asks as he bows like a prince in front of Baekhyun.

Baekhyun turns to everyone, noticing that they all have risen and lined up behind him. Looking at Luhan and Kyungsoo, they smile at him as a response. Standing up, he nods and puts his hand on Jongin's palm. Jongin gently kisses the back of his hand above his knuckles, and that makes him blush at the sweet gesture.

"Oh my god, look at Jongin," Kyungsoo whispers to Luhan. "He's pretending to be a gentleman when he's actually not."

While Jongin guides his other hand on Baekhyun's shoulder, they slowly waltz according to the beat of the music, Baekhyun following Jongin's lead with Jongin smiling at him like he is the most precious being in the world.

"Happy birthday, beautiful," Jongin says, "Thank you for existing. I wish you happiness tonight."

"Thank you, Jongin," Baekhyun replies with a heartwarming smile, before Jongin is turning him around to pass him to the next person while the song keeps playing.

One step closer...
I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

"I don't know how to dance so let's keep this short," Kyungsoo says, pulling Baekhyun closer and swaying with him like they're on a prom. Baekhyun chuckles as he holds Kyungsoo's hand while they dance.

"Thank you, Kyungsoo."

"For what?"

"For being here with me."

"And thank you for being born," Kyungsoo answers, hugging Baekhyun before he pulls away. He places a chaste kiss on Baekhyun's cheek, "Happy birthday. I'm looking forward to more years with you."

"Me, too."

"My turn!" Luhan says, literally grabbing Baekhyun's waist so that their bodies are flushed against each other as they sway. "Baekhyun, you look very stunning tonight. The suit looks good on you."

"Thank you, Luhan hyung," Baekhyun giggles, and he suddenly hears the change of the voice of the one singing. It's Kyungsoo's voice, so he turns to look fondly at the male while he sings from his heart.

Time stands still
Beauty in all he is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this
One step closer

"Happy birthday, Baekhyun," Luhan says after they stop. He pulls him into a tight embrace, soothing his back while he feels the latter hug him in return, "Thank you for being so strong and being so brave up until now. I wish all the best for you. I love you."

Baekhyun nods, beaming when he receives another kiss on the cheek from the older. He releases from the hug and sees Luhan joining Jongin on his seat back at their table.

"Let's dance?" Sehun asks, although he doesn't have to because Baekhyun is already holding him close. He gets Baekhyun's hand and places it on top of his shoulder before positioning his other hand on Baekhyun's waist.

They start to waltz, following each other's feet stepping slowly in sync of Kyungsoo's heavenly voice singing as the background.

I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

"Kyungsoo should be a singer," Baekhyun says before Sehun turns him around and tugs him close again, "He sings very well."

"But you also sing well," Sehun says, "You should be a singer, too."

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more
One step closer
One step closer

"Maybe in another life I'll be a singer," Baekhyun says, "But in this life, I'll just be Baekhyun." He smiles, "Your only Baekhyun."

"Yes, the only Baekhyun that we have," Sehun says, turning Baekhyun around for the last time. They pause and look at each other, Baekhyun smiling up to him, while him staring at the male in the eyes.

"Happy birthday. I'll always be your home and your resting place whenever you feel tired," Sehun mutters, holding Baekhyun's shoulders. His hands travel up to grasp Baekhyun's head gently, before he is kissing him on the forehead, "I promise to stay with you until the end, Baekhyun. I love you."

"Thank you..."

"Close your eyes."

Baekhyun closes his eyes and hugs Sehun as an answer, feeling thankful for all the love he received.

"Don't open your eyes yet," Sehun whispers as he leans away, gently peeling off Baekhyun's hands around him. He looks behind Baekhyun just to check if he's already there, and he smiles, seeing him already waiting there.

"Why? Do you still have a surprise for me?"

"Of course, just stay like this."

Baekhyun senses Sehun's hand behind him slowly disappearing after guiding him to someone now standing in front of him. Feeling this familiar grasp on his hand holding him, as well as this tender touch lingering on his waist, his heart starts to race faster inside his chest.

He hears Kyungsoo and the lady now singing together, so he decides to finally open his eyes to see the person in front of him right now.

I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

It's Chanyeol.

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

He stares at Chanyeol this close standing so handsome and dashing right before him, and he can feel his eyes well up tears he has been trying to hold in when Chanyeol smiles. Just like him, he is wearing a white suit, and they both stand out in the beauty of the evening.

Baekhyun gazes shortly at the guys at the table who are now watching him with delighted looks on their faces. Luhan looks like he's about to cry though, meanwhile Sehun is just preventing himself not to.

"Happy birthday," Chanyeol says, and the first tear on Baekhyun's eyes has finally rolled down his cheek, as though it was just waiting for this particular greeting to come. "You're so beautiful tonight, Baekhyun."

"Thank you," Baekhyun answers.

"Why are you crying?" Chanyeol asks, bringing a hand to delicately wipe the liquid off the corners of Baekhyun's eyes.

Baekhyun answers him by stepping one foot closer until he's hugging Chanyeol's body close, and until he's burying his face on Chanyeol's chest.

"Because I'm so happy... Because you're here tonight..." Baekhyun's hand travels on the hem of Chanyeol's coat to clutch it. "I thought... you're not gonna show up on my birthday... I thought you already forgot my birthday..."

Worried, Chanyeol takes a look at the table where the four guys are sitting. Jongin mouths at him, 'Do it now!' while Luhan gestures an encouraging fighting sign at him.

That makes him feel more nervous than what he already is right now.

"But what's important is I remembered it, right?" Chanyeol says after Baekhyun releases from the embrace to have a good view of his face. "Baekhyun, I have a present for you tonight."

"Really?" Baekhyun exclaims, obviously excited. He checks behind Chanyeol, seeing him empty-handed. "What is it?"

"Me," Chanyeol answers.

Luhan has to hit Sehun hard to release his feels, watching the scene of Chanyeol bending one knee on the ground in front of Baekhyun.

"Oh my god, he's doing it!" Jongin screams, shaking Sehun violently while being also hit by Luhan beside him, "Fuck! He's gonna say it now!!!"

Baekhyun's eyes widen in surprise at what's exactly happening right now. He sees Chanyeol kneeling on the ground as he gets a red rose from his coat pocket. He is handing it to him while gazing up so handsomeley in his eyes.

If his heart could only get any wilder right now, then it has already jumped out of his ribcage because of too much happiness he feels like passing out.

"Byun Baekhyun," Chanyeol mutters seriously, still staring right into his eyes as if to connect their souls together, "I really like you. Will you go out with me?"

There's true fireworks in the sky as the romantic piano and violin continue to play within the garden. Baekhyun's hands and knees or maybe his whole existence are shaking after hearing Chanyeol's heartfelt confession. He can't utter a word yet, as he only stares astounded at Chanyeol looking up expectantly at him.

"I may not remember you as the Baekhyun from my past... but I know I've liked you in this present in our hands," Chanyeol says, "I may not remember everything yet... But I still want to stay with you not just as your friend, but as someone who has a special spot in your heart."

Hearing Chanyeol say these warm words to him is like starting back to square one. Looking back to the past, they may have started at the wrong foot. Chanyeol never asked him out and never confessed to him like this, judging from the kind of person that he was.

Feeling this kind of experience is like a dream come true, having Chanyeol liking him once more even if he doesn't remember him, and that only proves they belong to each other whatever the circumstances are.

Maybe Chanyeol losing his memories has its purpose, and maybe that is to set things right and start all over again.

"Will you say yes?"

Baekhyun has waited for this moment for a long time, but he admits there's a slight hesitation building up from the depths of his heart. What if Chanyeol ended up getting hurt again because of him? What if the same thing happens just like before? They're better off like what they are now, right?

"Chanyeol, I..."

Chanyeol seems to trace the uncertainty in his eyes, so he quickly says what's in his heart for assurance.

"Please don't hold back for my sake. Just like what I told you before, I want to rememeber you and what we've been through together... Even if that would mean I have to recall hurtful memories, I am willing to do it with you by my side."

Baekhyun nods at him, letting his tears stream down his face as he cries, "I'll stay by your side... I promise..."

"Baekhyun," Chanyeol finds Baekhyun's hand as he stands up again, holding it dearly while he looks at him, "I want to spend this new life with you. Can I be your boyfriend?"

"Yes," Baekhyun answers, smiling up to him with his cheeks soaked in tears while he takes the rose from him, "I will go out with you."

"Really!?"

"Yes!"

Chanyeol smiles so wide his mouth would break, meanwhile Baekhyun is no different. He's also smiling ear-to-ear like there's no tomorrow.

"Does this mean... I'm your boyfriend now?"

"Yes. You are."

"So, we're really dating now? Like a couple?"

"Yes, that's right."

A loud victory squeal is heard from somewhere, and Kyungsoo is now dragging his two boyfriends inside the mansion. Sehun follows after him, not forgetting to gesture at Chanyeol his puckering lips. Kiss him, you bastard.

Chanyeol understand that. He clears his throat, "I should kiss you, right?"

Baekhyun chuckles, drying the tears in his eyes as he now smiles at Chanyeol, "Yes, you should."

Chanyeol takes a deep shaky breath, rubbing his sweaty palms accross his white sleek pants, "Okay."

They share a chaste kiss under the moonlight, Chanyeol closing his eyes and shyly bending down to peck Baekhyun on the lips quick. "There."

Grinning at that, Baekhyun then tiptoes and wraps his arms tightly around Chanyeol's neck, pulling him down to kiss him the second time.

"Baekh---"

Chanyeol has to gasp in utter surprise, having Baekhyun literally clinging to his shoulders asking to kiss him back. Opening his eyes while panic rushes to his chest, he checks the four guys again now inside, sending him glinting stares and hooting reactions through the window.

So what he did is just to squeeze his eyes shut and allow Baekhyun to take the lead since he has no idea what to do anyway. Yes, he is very happy and so excited and he feels like jumping and screaming in joy, but kissing Baekhyun is yet another story. He feels extremely nervous he might pass out and it's gonna be embarrassing if that happens.

Opening his lips wider to deepen their kiss, Baekhyun attempts to enter his tongue to explore the hotness of Chanyeol's mouth, but Chanyeol suddenly jerks like he's electrocted, shoving the male away in a flash.

"W-w-w-what was that!?" Chanyeol stutters, his whole face burning hot, "I wasn't ready! Don't just do that! All of a sudden!"

Baekhyun heartily laughs and just hugs his boyfriend--- yes,"boyfriend" -- in response.

"I love you so much, Chanyeol sunbae," he whispers into Chanyeol's coat while he embraces him tight, and hearing him say that name makes Chanyeol tense for a second.

A colorful and clear memory flashes back in his mind once again. He sees himself and Baekhyun together at a sundeck. There was a large pool inside it and the moonlight was reflected on the waters. He asked Baekhyun to skinny-dip so they both took off their clothes, which ended up with him carrying Baekhyun and kissing him in the water and even under the water.

Feeling Chanyeol just standing unresponsive inside his hold, Baekhyun peeks at his face, "Hey, what's the matter?"

"This is nice. The water, I mean."

"I love you, Chanyeol sunbae."

Some more random scenarios played in his head like video clips, but unlike before, he can now vividly see that it is Baekhyun who was with him in those memories.

"You're wrong that I never cared for you. Who wouldn't care for the person they love?"

"I told you, I'm going to stay by your side. That's why I'm here."

"I missed you so much, Baekhyun. I'm glad you're here again."

"I'm not going anywhere, I'll be right next to you, Chanyeol sunbae."

"I mean it when I told you you're beautiful when you cry. But you're more beautiful when you don't."

"Where are your parents?"

"Abroad."

"Do you miss them?"

"I didn't bring an umbrella."

"Can you make me a sandwich?"

"I'll treat you better, just don't leave. I don't want to be left alone anymore..."

Chanyeol stares at Baekhyun as he matches his appearance right now to the younger Baekhyun in his memory. The longing looks in their eyes are exactly similar as well as the emotion they portray, and the feeling he has right now, it also feels exactly the same from what he felt in the past.

He doesn't realize himself holding Baekhyun's face with his hand as he studies him under his gaze. He gently traces the outline of Baekhyun's eyelids;

Down to the slope of his cheek.

Down to curve of his lips.

And down to the edge of his jaw;

Letting his thumb slightly graze against the most beautiful parts of Baekhyun's face as he only watches him breathe closely like this, hearing his heartbeat thump loudly like this.

"Baekhyun."

Baekhyun suddenly flashes recognition of this very gesture, causing his heart to flutter a similiar rhythm as before. Lifting his arm up, his fingers are trembling while his skin shivers, the moment he touches the warm hand enclosed to his face.

"Do you..." Baekhyun asks, staring at Chanyeol's brown familiar eyes, "Do you remember me?"

"Baekhyun," Chanyeol mutters again, and there are tears threatening to escape on the verge of his eyes, "The one in my memories... It is you, right?"

"Yes," Baekhyun answers, doing the job to get rid of Chanyeol's tears gently, "It's me... Your one and only Baekhyun..."

*

To be continued.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.5K 3.2K 13
Shall I try dating my best friend for ten days? A GeminiFourth Short Story
8.7K 249 12
A story about about two students from different faculties.Sad for them that their faculty hates each other.The story starts twisting as one of them s...
19.3K 620 18
This is book 3 of what I think is now a series... Life seemed to be mostly normal to you now. But one thing you could never figure out was why exactl...
44.8K 1K 35
Details : Mingyu is a millionare bully because of his dad and mingyu didn't bother a thing to his dad then suddenly one day he needs a personal tutor...