conceal. Ɨ jeronica/vughead

By hunnypomelo

š“¬š“øš“·š“¬š“®š“Ŗš“µ | Veronica Lodge and Jughead Jones have been enemies for as long as they've known eachother. T... More

ch. 1
ch. 2
ch. 3
ch. 4
ch. 5
ch 6
ch 7
ch 8
ch 9
ch 10
ch 11
ch 12
ch 13
ch 14
ch 15
ch 16
ch 17
ch 18
ch 19
ch 20
ch 21
ch 22
ch 23
ch 24
ch 25
ch 26
ch 27
ch 28
ch 29
ch 30
ch 31
HOLD UP
ch 32
ch 33
ch 34
ch 35
ch 36
ch 37
ch 38
ch 39
ch 40
ch 41
ch 42
ch 43
ch 44
ch 45
ch 46
ch 47
ch 48
ch 49
ch 50
ch 51
ch 52
ch 54
ch 55
ch 56
ch 57
ch 58
ch 59
ch 60
'til next time
ā™”

ch 53

2.3K 73 28
By hunnypomelo

Veronica has been recieving threats from unknown numbers.

They were all, obviously, from the Ghoulies. Though, they don't bother her. She's blocked every single one of them.

"Tomorrow is New Year's Eve," Veronica said, sitting next to Jughead on the couch. "And a specific Bombshell is going to be having the party of the year. Well, end slash beginning of the year."

"Do we have to go?" Jughead asked.

"I mean, we don't have to. But I would like to go," Veronica answered. "Why?Did you not want to go? It's fine if we don't."

"You mean it's fine if I don't. You go ahead, Veronica." Jughead said.

Veronica crossed her arms, "that's going to be a problem. Because I want to spend New Year's with my friends, and my boyfriend."

"Sorry," Jughead apologized.

Veronica frowned. "Fine. If you don't go, I won't go."

"Actually, you don't have to-"

"Seriously, Jughead. I want to spend my New Year's with you. Even if it's just the two of us," Veronica smiled.

"Alright. But don't blame me if I get too boring," Jughead smiled back.

Veronica then got up, and put her coat on.

"Where are you going?" Jughead asked.
"Getting the mail." Veronica answered, grabbing the keys.
Jughead nodded as the girl left.

Veronica walked her way to the mailbox.

Once she got there, someones arms wrapped around her waist.

She screamed, though her mouth was covered. Veronica turned around, seeing Malachai from the Ghoulies.

"Hey there," he smirked.

"Let me go," Veronica instantly said.

"Chill," Malachai let her go. "I just came to tell you that you only have a few more days to join us."

Veronica rolled her eyes.

"And if you don't in the matter of days, we'll start doing something bad to your little Serpent gang. Specifically targeting your king, your boyfriend." Malachai mocked the word boyfriend.

Veronica's stern face became soft. She didn't want anything to happen to them. Especially not Jughead.

"Fine. I'll be thinking about it. And I'm being serious when I say that. Now, go away." Veronica demanded.

Malachai grinned, "good girl."

Veronica took her mail, then walked back home.

"Hey, welcome back." Jughead smiled.

Veronica didn't respond, she placed the letters on the table.

As she was looking through her mail, Jughead went up to her, and hugged her by her waist.

Veronica jumped, startled.

"I'm tired of asking you what's wrong. Can you please just tell me if there's a problem?" Jughead asked, kissing her on the cheek.

Veronica sighed, "it's the Ghoulies, again. Malachai came up to me and gave me some news."

"What was the news?"

Then, Veronica told him exactly what Malachai told her. Except for the part that they'd start bothering the Serpents if she didn't.

Jughead leaned on the table, "don't worry, Veronica. The Serpents and I will protect you." He hugged her close, "you won't have to worry about them."

Veronica smiled. She really did feel safe with him.

×××

The next day, Veronica woke up excited. She was pumped up for the New Year, she's made a bunch of New Year's resolutions.

Jughead was on the couch, as usual. While eating his cereal breakfast.

"So, Jughead, what are your New Year's resolutions?" Veronica asked, sitting next to him.

"I don't have any," Jughead answered.

Veronica rose a brow, "why not?"

"Because they never turn out well for me." Jughead replied.

"That's because you haven't tried," Veronica said.

"Trust me, I have." Jughead placed his empty bowl on the coffee table.

"Well, then, what were your resolutions?"

Jughead hesitated, "eating healthy." He lied.

Veronica crossed her arms, "eating healthy? You always eat everything, anyways."

"I know. But I meant, eating healthy only. All fruits and veggies." Jughead replied.

"I can help you do that," Veronica stood up.

"Wait, what?"

"We can work on our resolutions together."

"Veronica, I really don't care about resolutions." Jughead said.

Veronica frowned, "alright. You do you."

×××

7:23pm.

Jughead and Veronica had been watching countless movies since.

"What movie should we watch next?" Veronica asked, holding up the remote.

Jughead shrugged, patting Hot Dog.

Suddenly, the door bell rang.

They could never have a day without having someone at the door at some point.

Veronica opened the door, and saw Cheryl with a crowd of people behind her.

"Cheryl? What's going on here?" Veronica questioned.

"Well, you hadn't made it to my party, so I brought it here." Cheryl grinned.

"But-"

Everyone scattered into the house.

Jughead's jaw was dropped. He walked over to Cheryl for a few questions. "Cheryl! What is going on here, why did you bring all these people?"

"Because it's New Year's Eve, duh. And it seemed you two didn't come to my party, so I decided that we would come and surprise you guys." Cheryl answered.

"Why?" Jughead inquired.

"Well, New Year parties are fun. Don't deny it, because you've never been to one." Cheryl replied. Though, deep down, she just wanted to see him and Veronica have their New Year's kiss.

Jughead rolled his eyes. Then walked off, into his room.

Veronica was talking to Reggie about her house, when she saw Jughead storm up to his room. She decided to go up to investigate.

"I can't believe Cheryl brought literally, if not, all of Riverdale High to our house. For a party. Sure, it might've been for you, but they sure as hell know that I hate parties." Jughead complained.

"I'm sorry she did that. Cheryl just, you know, wanted us to have a great time for our last few hours of this year." Veronica sat down on his bed.

"It was already a great time. Even if it was just me, I would've had the best New Year's of my life." Jughead explained.

Veronica furrowed her eyebrows, "just you?"

"Just me. I don't need anyone with me to make any event a good time, it's that simple. Even if it's my own birthday, I just want atleast one celebration all on my own." Jughead crossed his arms.

Veronica took offense. Her boyfriend just said that he doesn't need anyone with him, during New Year's. Not even a with you.

She stood up, "fine. Stay here and spend your New Year's alone, then." Veronica walked out, joining the party downstairs.

Jughead was confused, though this is what he wanted. To have time by himself, his own little party.

--
wc: 1052

Finished 15 chapters on my new story.

It'll be called "selcouth." btw.

I'm excited to publish it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 175 10
Help with a shipment leads to an enemy to lovers love story for the ages. Jughead Jones, Serpent Prince born and raised. Veronica Lodge, Ghoulie Prin...
154K 3.4K 46
"I like you, Jughead Jones." "I like you too, Veronica Lodge." Veronica has a secret... Jughead has a secret... Will the two tell their feelings? R...
57.7K 1.3K 50
One small town.4 people. Archie, Betty, Jughead and Veronica, best friends since middle school. What changed? Senior year.... Jughead liked Veronic...
44.1K 1.4K 64
[COMPLETED] [70,000 - 80,000 WORDS] Jughead Jones just moved into an apartment building after being kicked out if his trailer. He's 24 and has no job...