ch 45

I'm making these chapters extra long now. Get ready for a bunch of time skips.

"It's just me, Cheryl!" The voice over the door yelled.

Veronica opened it. And yes, it was Cheryl. Along with Toni, Sweet Pea, and Fangs.

"We saved you guys," Toni said.

"It was a boring fight," Sweet Pea crossed his arms, "he just ran away once Cheryl shot him with her bow."

Cheryl smiled, "you're welcome."

"Did the man look familiar?" Jughead asked.

"Actually, he was wearing a paper mask. Couldn't tell who it was," Fangs answered.

"Wait," Cheryl got everyone's attention, "remember the school shooting?"

"It was confirmed that the intruder managed to escape, and they were wearing a paper mask, just like this one," she explained.

"So, could it be possible that they were the same person?" Veronica asked.

"Maybe. Here, I'll call Betty, she and I can find out," Jughead took out his phone.

He walked into the kitchen, waiting for Betty to answer the phone.

"Hey!" She answered, "I got my phone back. What'cha need?"

"Betty! Someone tried to kill me and Veronica with a gun. The Serpents came to help us, and we think that it's the same person from the school shooting," Jughead explained, "down to investigate?"

"About that," Betty said, "I don't think I'm able to do that kind of stuff, Jug. And trust me, it's just me."

"What?" Is all Jughead could say.

"I would love to help, but it's really getting to my head." says Betty.

"But, how am I going to find out who the Gargoyle King is? Betty, I can't do this without you," Jughead said.

"Maybe you could find someone else," Betty shrugged.

"Where are you?" Jughead asked.

"The bunker, with Archie," Betty answered.

Jughead hung up. He grabbed his jacket, and head out, without an explanation.

"Wonder where he's going," Cheryl said.

Veronica and Toni shrugged, simultaneously.

Soon, Jughead arrived to the step of the bunker.

He went down the ladder, but once he got down, he saw something he wish he hadn't.

Betty Cooper and Archie Andrews. Making the hell out.

"Betty," Jughead said.

Barchie parted, looking at Jughead.

"Jug-"

Jughead shook his head, climbing back up the ladder.

Although he and Betty broke up, it still broke his heart.

×××

Jughead landed on the couch, once he got home.

Cheryl, Toni, and Veronica stared at the depressed boy.

"Are you okay?"

He didn't answer.

"What's wrong?"