ch 12

"Veronica!" Jughead called as he walked over to her booth.

Veronica looked up from her milkshake. "Oh, hi."

"I have a problem." He said, leaning on her table.

"What is it, now?" She asked.

"It's about Betty."

Veronica instantly sat up. "I'm listening."

"I went to her house to see if she's okay, but, oh god, she joined the farm." Jughead put his hands on his face.

"Betty joined the farm?" Veronica's eyebrows furrowed.

"Yes! She joined the farm! And, why is Reggie sleeping?" Jughead asked.

"He woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't fall back asleep. So basically, he stayed up all night. And, here he is." Veronica explained.

"How do you know that?" Jughead asked. "Are you cheating on Archie?"

"No, idiot. He told me. So I told him that he could just sleep here, I'll watch over him." Veronica sipped her milkshake.

"Whatever. Could you just help me handle with Betty? I'm worried about her. That farm is literally going to take over her soul."

"Sure. Just order her a milkshake and we can go see her." Veronica smiled.
"Unless, according to the farm, that milkshakes are evil."

Jughead smiled, at the slightest. "And what about Reggie?"

Veronica thought for a while.

Jughead sighed, sitting next to her. He grabbed a straw, put it in Veronica's chocolate milkshake, and started drinking it.

Veronica looked at him. "Excuse me?"

"What? Atleast I grabbed another straw. Plus, I'm stressed."

Veronica rolled her eyes. "Here, I'll call Betty."

"She got rid of all her gadgets." Jughead said, still drinking Veronica's milkshake.

"Really? Wow." She put her phone down. "Can I have my milkshake back?"

"No. Order another one." Jughead said.

Unbelievable. Veronica thought.

She looked at him before doing the unexpected.

I'm gonna regret this.

While Jughead was drinking the milkshake with his straw, Veronica drank the same milkshake with her straw, which was already in the glass cup.

The two were both drinking the same milkshake in the same cup.

Veronica didn't want to buy another. Jughead didn't mind, he was just thirsty.

A waitress, brown hair in a bun, was serving food to the table next to their booth.

The woman dropped some food, and spilled a milkshake. She slipped, throwing the tray, causing it to go flying.

And of all places, the tray had to hit the sleeping Reggie Mantle.

Reggie woke up. The first thing he saw was Jughead and Veronica, drinking from the same cup.

"What's going on here?" He asked, tired.

"Am I dreaming, or is Jughead sharing a milkshake with my V?" He rubbed his eyes.

Veronica's lips parted from the straw, and immediately scooted away from Jughead, next to the window.

"Yeah." Jughead said, nonchalantly.

"What? No. He's lying." Veronica said.

"Veronica, I just saw it with my own two eyes." Reggie sat up.

"Look, it's not what you-"

"We're over." Reggie stood up, and walked out.

Silence swept through the air.

"We weren't even dating." Veronica said. "I'm with Archie."

"Doesn't seem like it." Jughead leaned back.

Veronica rolled her eyes. "You know what? You can fix Betty yourself."

She jumped over the booth to escape, then walked out. Leaving Jughead by himself.

--
wc: 537