ch 29

Cake ingredients were laid out on the kitchen counter.

Jughead had his hands on the side of a big bowl, sitting on the counter.

Veronica was holding a spatula.

"Alright. Add 1 3/4 cups of flour." Jughead ordered.

Veronica nodded, scooping 1 3/4 cups of flour, and pouring it into the bowl.

"Now, add two cups of sugar." Jughead looked at his laptop, which held the recipe.

And so, Veronica did.

For the next two hours, Jughead has been ordering Veronica to do stuff. And she ended up with a dry, rich chocolate cake.

They put it in the fridge for about twenty minutes to cool down. Then took it out.

"Decorating time!" Veronica squealed.

"Good luck with that." Jughead said, heading to the couch.

"Wait," Veronica grabbed his wrist, "decorating is the best part of baking a cake."

"I know." Jughead responded. "So, go
knock yourself out."

"What? You helped me bake the cake. You're gonna help me decorate it, too."

Jughead's brows furrowed. "Don't you know how to decorate a cake?"

"I do. I know how to make the frosting, I know how to handle fondant, too. But it'll be fun, and I want you to participate." Veronica crossed her arms.

Jughead sighed. "Fine."

Veronica clapped in excitement. "Great! Now, let us begin!"

She mixed up white frosting, then stuffed it into two piping bags. She handed one to Jughead.

"What do I do?" Jughead asked.

"Just help me cover this cake in frosting."

Veronica and Jughead both had one side of their own.

They both reached the middle. As they were still working on it, Veronica accidentally squirted frosting all over Jughead's hand.

"Hey!" Jughead yelled. He looked at his frosting covered hand.

Veronica giggled. "Sorry."

She was really acting like a child at this point.

Jughead licked the frosting off, then, while Veronica was focusing on the frosting, he squeezed frosting all over Veronica's face.

The girl screamed.

"What the hell, Jughead?" She shouted.

"Sorry." Jughead shrugged.

Veronica washed off the frosting, then went back to work.

The two finished covering up the cake.

"Okay, do you know how to make a drip design, thingy?" Veronica inquired.

"Why?"

Veronica took out a plastic bag from the pantry. In it was a bunch of chocolate that she plans to place on the cake.

Jughead's brows furrowed. "How extra."

"Oh, c'mon. I want this to be the best cake." Veronica placed the bag of chocolate treats on the counter.

Jughead looked through the chocolates. His stomach grumbled.

"You know, this cake is good enough itself. It doesn't have to be perfect. Everyone's gonna eat it, anyway." He said. "How 'bout we just eat the chocolate, and leave the cake be."

He took out a box of chocolates from the bag.

Veronica instantly snatched it away from him. "No. The cake will be the soul of the party, along with Josie. It has to be atleast close to perfect."

Jughead rolled his eyes.

The raven haired pair finished decorating the cake completely.

It was a chocolate drip cake, with a bunch of chocolates beautifully arranged on top of it.

Veronica smiled. "We're finally finished!"

--
wc: 529
Y'know I really brought out the Archie Comics Jughead in this chapter