ch 24

Jughead had explained everything. Even how his dad broke his laptop.

"Sheesh. Parents, am I right? That's why I moved out, stat." Veronica filled a glass of water.

"Weird how you own a house as a teen." Jughead said.

"It's under my parents' name." Veronica reasoned.

Jughead nodded.

Lodge drank the water out of the glass cup, then washed the cup, putting it back into it's cabinet.

"Anyways, I'm going to sleep." Veronica announced. She went upstairs, did her usual procedure, and went to bed.

×××

Veronica woke up with the sun in her eyes. She sat up, yawned, and stretched.

She then did her morning routine.

Veronica went down for breakfast, when she saw Jughead, on the couch, sleeping. Covered in all types of crumbs, and surrounded by a bunch of empty dishes.

She sighed. But she knew she was going to have to get used to it.

Veronica took a pot, and a spoon, and started banging on the pot with the spoon like a madman.

"Wake up, Jughead!" She repeatedly shouted, whilst banging on the kitchenware.

It wasn't long before Jughead woke up.

Veronica put the dishes away. "You fell asleep on the couch. You do know that you have your own room, right?"

Jughead sat up, rubbing his eyes. He then walked to the bathroom, not even saying a word to Veronica.

Veronica shook her head. Then, she took out a ready made salad from the fridge.

The girl sat at the dinner table, eating away the greens.

Jughead finally came out. He had different clothes on, and his hair was fixed. Although, it was covered by his beanie.

"You're having a salad for breakfast?" Jughead looked at the girl's healthy food.

Veronica nodded. "It's healthy. Don't you eat vegetables?"

"I do. But I'd rather a burger." Jughead responded.

Veronica scoffed.

Jughead took out some ingredients, then put them together to make batter.

Veronica watched as the boy cooked his own food. She couldn't cook, unfortunately, because she's been relying on her chefs to do it for her.

But now that she has her own house, there is no chef.

That's why she has a bunch of ready made foods for her to eat.

After what felt like seconds, Jughead placed a plate of 3 stacked pancakes on the table.

And they looked delicious.

He covered the stack with syrup, then began eating it.

Veronica watched as he ate the delicious looking cake, made in a pan.

She leaned her head on her hand.

Jughead noticed the stares Veronica was giving him. "What?" He asked.

"Nothing." Veronica continued eating her salad.

The two finished their breakfast, then cleaned up.

Veronica sat down on the couch, scrolling through her phone. While Jughead was on the other couch, watching TV.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

Veronica answered it, having everyone she hung out with at Pop's walk in without her consent.
Even Betty came.

Jughead perked up.

"Hey, Jug!" Sweet Pea and Fangs both sat on either side of him.

"Uh, hey guys." Jughead replied.

Cheryl and Toni sat down. Veronica sat next to them.

"Hey guys, I would like an explanation." Veronica said.

"They wanted to know what your house looked like." Cheryl shrugged.

Kevin sat next to Veronica. "Nice house!"

--
wc: 547