ch 44

After they dropped Betty off, Veronica and Jughead were on their way home.

"Veronica, for the last time, put your seatbelt on!" Jughead exclaimed.

"No! Stop being so mean to me!" Veronica cried.

Jughead groaned. He had no time to deal with this drunken girl.

Suddenly, a deer came racing towards the car's headlights. The driver had to turn the car by the last second, trying not to hit the animal.

The sudden move caused Veronica to fly into Jughead.

"Ow!" Veronica said.

"That's why you put your seatbelt on." Jughead rolled his eyes.

Veronica glared at him.

Jughead sighed, he wrapped his arms around her, and held onto Veronica for the entire ride. All because she was drunk, and didn't want to put her seatbelt on.

They finally arrived to their destination.

The only problem was; Veronica fell asleep. In Jughead's arms.

Jughead groaned. Really? The drive wasn't even that long.

He shook her, but she was out cold.

And so, Jughead decided to carry Veronica. He got out of the car first, and picked her up, carrying her out of the vehicle.

The driver apologized for the major incident.

Jughead carried Veronica into the house, to her room, and threw her on the bed.

Hot Dog hopped onto her bed, and immediately dozed off.

After, he got ready for bed and drifted off to sleep.

×××

The next morning, Veronica was sleeping in.

Jughead already had breakfast, he was typing on his laptop.

Suddenly, Jughead heard a gunshot outside.

He carefully looked out the window, and saw a silhouette at the front door. It was a man, with a gun. The man banged on the door.

Jughead gasped. He ran upstairs, followed by Hot Dog, and rushed into Veronica's room.

He closed the door behind him, and leaned on it.

More gunshots can be heard outside.

"Veronica!" Jughead whisper-yelled. He shook Veronica, trying to wake her up.

The boy then took a pillow, and repeatedly hit the sleeping beauty with it, causing Veronica to finally wake up.

"What?" She asked, groggily.

"There is a guy with a gun outside," Jughead answered.

"What?" Veronica's eyes widened.

"At the front door!"

"Who was it?"

"I don't know."

"Well, did you call anyone?" Veronica asked.

"I did call Mr. Keller once I got up here," Jughead nodded.

"Why him?" Veronica questioned.

"I know he's not the Sheriff anymore, but I do know that he has a gun," Jughead replied.

"I also called the Serpents," he added.

Veronica nodded, then sat up. She groaned. "I have a headache."

"You were acting like a little kid last night. It was horrible," Jughead crossed his arms.

Just then, there was yelling and shouting outside, along with a bunch of gunshots.

It was so loud that the two could hear it all the way from Veronica's room.

About 10 minutes later, the doorbell rang.

Veronica went downstairs, Jughead ran after her, and stopped her from opening it.

"Are you insane?" He asked, "what if it was the killer?"

The doorbell rang once again.

--
wc: 509